Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

When Putin did that editorial in the Wall Street Journal or whatever it was a few months back, I saw facebook comments of people literally saying they wished we had a president like Putin.

It's really great that now since Snowden and all even 'left wing' people have joined in on that train, so it's not just regressive rightwingers who pine for gays being murdered and journalists arrested, but also people who literally read no newspapers or magazines because 'they can't be trusted', but read Russia Today religiously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

But you see, Putin is white.
Also, he hates gays.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

raditts posted:

When Putin did that editorial in the Wall Street Journal or whatever it was a few months back, I saw facebook comments of people literally saying they wished we had a president like Putin.
But you see he's a real man, I mean look at how badass he looks and how isn't a weakling like Obama

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
My neighbor had a car come through the front of his house and I'm pretty sure it cost less than 20k to fix.

e: Nope, 28. Point still stands though.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 16, 2014

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Had to do a double take when they cut to Gates because I thought he was Bobby Petrino.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Man, I hate these double length interview segments.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Oh joy another softball interview.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Acquilae posted:

Had to do a double take when they cut to Gates because I thought he was Bobby Petrino.

Obama's Chicago thugs got to him.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, God forbid we ever make cuts to the defense budget!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

The statement that Gates gave about politicians having no idea what happens in war was fantastic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So I'm about 10 minutes behind on my DVR, I should just skip straight to Colbert, right?

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

raditts posted:

So I'm about 10 minutes behind on my DVR, I should just skip straight to Colbert, right?

Actually no, this is a bit better than I thought it would be.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

Yes, if you wanna see some generic 'politicians don't get war, man' from the dude who was upset that Obama wasn't as eager as bush was to be in a war (literally that was his complaint) rock on I guess.

You don't get to be all 'oh man no one understands the horror of war' when you're loving pro-war.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That's so weird, I guess it makes sense that there would be tourism commercials for the USA, but it's so bizarre to see.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

drat Stephen! :stare:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

raditts posted:

That's so weird, I guess it makes sense that there would be tourism commercials for the USA, but it's so bizarre to see.

They play it in Canada a lot, at least they did. But I never saw the parahawking part.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
It's a shame what my alma mater's fallen to.:sigh:

And the death threats the researcher's gotten doesn't make it any better.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 16, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress you, they're going to school for free.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Deadspin did an article like this for Florida State and there was rampant use of tutors writing papers for athletes and professors who were intimidated into not failing athletes who would plagarize papers and basically copy/paste entire wikipedia entries.

I'm going to search for Free Republic's response to Sabra being the official dip of the NFL.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Of course the Xbone is the official console of the NFL

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JohnSherman posted:

gently caress you, they're going to school for free.

Yea all it costs them is possible brain damage, spine damage, neck damage, pretty much every joint damage, and being 'prepared' for a career that only takes a handful of them and even then is only good for what, ten years tops?

LUCKY DUCKIES!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's a shame that the NCAA will probably stand in its current state forever, since nobody involved in college athletics wants to jeopardize their future chances of going pro.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

comes along bort posted:

It's a shame what my alma mater's fallen to.:sigh:

And the death threats.

Nerds send death threats and sexually harass anyone who makes a game that isn't killing things, you think people are not going to be pissed on wanting to change collage sports.

I REALLY don't understand following collage level sports.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

They're really good, wider competition, different styles, all that jazz.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Nerds send death threats and sexually harass anyone who makes a game that isn't killing things, you think people are not going to be pissed on wanting to change collage sports.

That and if a woman dares talk about video games, because gamez are for men!!!

Also gently caress Papa Johns being the official pizza of the NFL.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

It's a shame that the NCAA will probably stand in its current state forever, since nobody involved in college athletics wants to jeopardize their future chances of going pro.

Way too much money on the table and pretty much every school these days is run by a business rear end in a top hat.

BigRed0427 posted:

What, you don't like watching half a team of pro-level athletes held back by the other half comprised of glorified high school athletes?

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 16, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

Well all those different colors and designs can be very fascinating, especially on a competitive level. :v:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea all it costs them is possible brain damage, spine damage, neck damage, pretty much every joint damage, and being 'prepared' for a career that only takes a handful of them and even then is only good for what, ten years tops?

LUCKY DUCKIES!

Don't forget making billions of dollars for their school and the NCAA for a degree that's not worth the paper it's printed on, assuming they even graduate.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

raditts posted:

Actually a bunch of athletes are suing over image rights, and there is a lot more publicity going around about how much the players are getting shafted.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

LUCKY DUCKIES!

Football is a sport as dumb as the players, news at 11.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Roxors posted:

Actually a bunch of athletes are suing over image rights, and there is a lot more publicity going around about how much the players are getting shafted.

Yeah, this really got a big push after EA Made a NCAA football game.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

College sports is a racket.

Also, Peyton Manning is a company man.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

comes along bort posted:

Way too much money on the table and pretty much every school these days is run by a business rear end in a top hat.

Pretty much, no one's going to change anything because the system as it is makes schools fat stacks, so if a few poor kids gotta get their necks turned to a fine powder while being promised they're totes gonna be in the NFL draft if they just gut it out, so be it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

College sports is a racket.

Also, Peyton Manning is a company man.

Which company, the NFL, Budweiser, or Papa Johns?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

Yea, that one.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

France's president has a sex scandal? I thought they didn't give a poo poo about that sort of thing.

Roxors posted:

O'Bannon v. NCAA. I think that one's gonna go all the way to the Supreme Court.

raditts posted:

Yes.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Also gently caress Papa Johns being the official pizza of the NFL.

Dear god, This cannot be quoted enough, and not just because Papa John (Or whatever the CEO's name is) is an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: Support real pizza folks.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 16, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

A Lewinsky joke in 2014 from someone that's not Jay Leno, who would've thought.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's a shame Hollande is a golem powered by strange because he's a pretty good politician but literally nothing will be remembered besides his unending hunt for puss.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Don't forget making billions of dollars for their school and the NCAA for a degree that's not worth the paper it's printed on, assuming they even graduate.

Actually only the top 10 or so schools make any significant money. The capital requirements to be a D1 school pretty much make it a money sink for all but the most successful schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's a shame Hollande is a golem powered by strange because he's a pretty good politician but literally nothing will be remembered besides his unending hunt for puss.
And considering how much France usually doesn't give a poo poo about its politicians' affairs, that's saying a lot.

• Locked thread