Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Ronaldinho is staying with Atletico, Elano is going to Flamengo, and it is uncertain what is going to happen with Scocco and Forlan. Rumors are Forlan is going to Botafogo and Scocco is demanding a raise or more playing time. In extra field news, a district attorney for Sao Paulo state has sued to overturn the loss of points by Portuguesa, and unless something dramatic happens the likely result seems to be that they will have to change the formula for the Brazilian league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Here's the results and the table after the first round of Liga MX.

Do you know what exactly is the issue between Michel and Chivas' coach? Must be pretty serious for him to go on loan to Saprissa.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

joepinetree posted:

Ronaldinho is staying with Atletico, Elano is going to Flamengo, and it is uncertain what is going to happen with Scocco and Forlan. Rumors are Forlan is going to Botafogo and Scocco is demanding a raise or more playing time. In extra field news, a district attorney for Sao Paulo state has sued to overturn the loss of points by Portuguesa, and unless something dramatic happens the likely result seems to be that they will have to change the formula for the Brazilian league.

So what happened to the Ronaldinho to Besiktas thing, was that a hoax?

Also I can't imagine the uproar when the league changes it's relegation/promotion formulas.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

So what happened to the Ronaldinho to Besiktas thing, was that a hoax?

Also I can't imagine the uproar when the league changes it's relegation/promotion formulas.

No one knows for sure, but the speculation was that Ronaldinho was always going to stay at Atletico, but used Besiktas as leverage for a better salary.

As for changing the rules, it unfortunately would not be the 1st time it happens. It would not be the 10th time it happens either. For most of Brazilian league history they changed rules from year to year. The sad part is that the Brazilian league has had a stable number of teams and format since 2005, so if this happens it would end the first period of stability in league history.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Why would Botafogo want Forlan? He's been poo poo at Inter afaik.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
He started out OK, but then like the rest of Inter became a mess midway through the season, and the fact that Inter had a glut of foreigners (Dalessandro, Scocco, Datolo for most of the year, Bolatti) meant that he often couldn't play.

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...

joepinetree posted:

No one knows for sure, but the speculation was that Ronaldinho was always going to stay at Atletico, but used Besiktas as leverage for a better salary.

As for changing the rules, it unfortunately would not be the 1st time it happens. It would not be the 10th time it happens either. For most of Brazilian league history they changed rules from year to year. The sad part is that the Brazilian league has had a stable number of teams and format since 2005, so if this happens it would end the first period of stability in league history.

Ronaldinho and his brother/agent are both pieces of poo poo. They do this every single time that Ronaldinho is speculated in the transfer market. Last time if I am not mistaken he had agreed contract with Grêmio (his childhood club) but was still in talks with Flamengo and Corinthians. He ended up at Flamengo.

As for changing the rules, people will start realizing this as the World Cup gets closer, but Brazil is a lovely corrupt country where anything goes if you have money/influence. This applies also to CBF (Brazilian Football Federation) which is basically a Brazilian version of FIFA. Seriously, gently caress CBF.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

professor muthafukkah posted:

As for changing the rules, people will start realizing this as the World Cup gets closer, but Brazil is a lovely corrupt country where anything goes if you have money/influence. This applies also to CBF (Brazilian Football Federation) which is basically a Brazilian version of FIFA. Seriously, gently caress CBF.

It's the same way in all of Latin America really, I blame the Spaniards/Portuguese and their lovely culture.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Drogadon posted:

Do you know what exactly is the issue between Michel and Chivas' coach? Must be pretty serious for him to go on loan to Saprissa.

Sorry I can't really find anything and I don't know spanish but I'll look for it and if I do find something I'll post it here.Anyway here is this week slate of games.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 10, 2014
8:30 ET Queretaro v UNAM
10:30 ET Tijuana v America

SATURDAY, JANUARY 11, 2014
6:00 ET Cruz Azul v Santos
6:00 ET Veracruz v Atlante
8:00 ET U.A.N.L v Pachuca
9:06 ET León v Atlas

SUNDAY, JANUARY 12, 2014
1:00 ET Puebla v Monterrey
1:00 ET Toluca v Morelia
6:00 ET Guadalajara v Chiapas

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

professor muthafukkah posted:

Ronaldinho and his brother/agent are both pieces of poo poo. They do this every single time that Ronaldinho is speculated in the transfer market. Last time if I am not mistaken he had agreed contract with Grêmio (his childhood club) but was still in talks with Flamengo and Corinthians. He ended up at Flamengo.

Palmeiras, actually. And yeah, Ronaldinho is a oval office, and so is his brother. He left Grêmio in...interesting circumstances, in 2001. A lot of fans hated him for it, but a fair amount of people blamed it on his (and the board of directors') naiveness, plus Assis being an rear end in a top hat. Then, when he decided to return to Brazil, Grêmio obviously jumped on that ASAP, and apparently his brother guaranteed that he would sign for us...except he did the same for three other teams. He started a scummy bid war for the dude, and now Ronaldinho couldn't save face by saying he was too young to understand what was going on.

joepinetree posted:

He started out OK, but then like the rest of Inter became a mess midway through the season, and the fact that Inter had a glut of foreigners (Dalessandro, Scocco, Datolo for most of the year, Bolatti) meant that he often couldn't play.

Botafogo isn't known for amazing hiring decisions. And yeah, Forlan was pretty mediocre playing for Inter. Most of the hyped Internacional players were mediocre, really. I have a personal theory about D'Alessandro basically managing the team and ruining players he doesn't like, but it comes from me being a Grêmio supporter and thinking he's a massive fuckhead.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
We have contradicting injunctions in place, making it likely that the only way to resolve the issue would be when it reaches the Brazilian supreme court, which would take a while, making it very likely that we will have some sort of change in the rules to accommodate the ongoing drama.

In other news, Sao Paulo had a practice match against the USMNT and beat them 2-1, which wouldn't be remarkable if not for the fact that the US soccer federation tried to ban Sao Paulo from divulging the results (which came out anyways).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

joepinetree posted:

In other news, Sao Paulo had a practice match against the USMNT and beat them 2-1, which wouldn't be remarkable if not for the fact that the US soccer federation tried to ban Sao Paulo from divulging the results (which came out anyways).

This rules, but surely both teams but out a second or third choice side.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The USMNT losing to a club is not really a big deal because weird/unexpected results happen all the time in practice matches. Trying to hide the result is hilarious and they should be ashamed of that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gigi Galli posted:

This rules, but surely both teams but out a second or third choice side.

Well, according to Globoesporte, 24 out of the 26 USMNT players called for January camp got playtime. Also, Jadson and Luis Fabiano scored for São Paulo. So I'm guessing it was a mix between first team, bench and reserves for both sides. Doesn't mean anything, but haha USA can't even beat a mid-table Brasileirão squad haha.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Drogadon posted:

I don't know about the coach, but Chivas' owner is a complete nutjob. That could be some of it.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

DOOP posted:

I don't know about the coach, but Chivas' owner is a complete nutjob. That could be some of it.

That makes sense, I guess it's nice to know both Chivas have there own share of drama because of one man.
Anyway here's the results of the last round of Liga MX action along with the current table and this weekend games.

Last week results
Puebla 1-1 Monterrey
Toluca 2-2 Morelia
Guadalajara 1-0 Chiapas
Cruz Azul 2-1 Santos
Veracruz 2-1 Atlante
U.A.N.L 0-0 Pachuca
León 3-1 Atlas
Queretaro 1-0 UNAM
Tijuana 1-0 America

Current Table

Here's this weeks games.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2014
8:30 ET Morelia v U.A.N.L
10:30 ET Santos v Puebla
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18, 2014
6:00 ET America v León
6:00 ET Veracruz v Guadalajara
8:00 ET Monterrey v Queretaro
8:00 ET Pachuca v Tijuana
10:00 ET Atlas v Atlante
10:00 ET Chiapas v Cruz Azul
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19, 2014
1:00 ET UNAM v Toluca

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Hey Polidoro can you tell us about what happened with Peñarol and Nacional players? Heard some commentators talking about some trials and bans from sporting events but wasn't able to catch any more details.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Also in half an hour Chile's B Team play Costa Rica's B Team in a meaningless friendly.

CHI - Herrera; Fierro, Andía, Rojas, Albornoz, Pavez, Leal, Hernández, Fuenzalida, Barriga, Muñoz.

CRC - Pemberton; Meneses, Umaña, López, Myrie, Cubero, Tejeda, Cunningham, Hernández, Brenes y McDonald.

Gonna miss it cause I have a class though.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Hey Polidoro can you tell us about what happened with Peñarol and Nacional players? Heard some commentators talking about some trials and bans from sporting events but wasn't able to catch any more details.

There was a brawl during the last summer clasico and 9 players were arrested and were banned from attending sporting events for two months (even as players). They slept in jail the night before the trial :D. The prosecutor and the judge did all they legally could to gently caress them over.

Fight was pretty meh, though. 4/10 by clasico standards.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks, should have imagined it was something like that.

Re: CHI-CRC
So glad most of these shitlords are nowhere near starting a game at the WC. Pathetic showing.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Just found out that Fox Deportes seems to have the rights to the Argentine Primera so more soccer for me anyway here's the Liga MX update for this week with the results then the table and this weekend games.

Results

Morelia 2-0 U.A.N.L
Santos 0-0 Puebla
America 1-0 León
Veracruz 1-1 Guadalajara
Monterrey 3-1 Queretaro
Pachuca 2-1 Tijuana
Atlas 0-1 Atlante
Chiapas 0-1 Cruz Azul
UNAM 0-2 Toluca

Table

This weekend games

FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2014
8:30 ET Queretaro v Santos
10:00 ET Tijuana v Morelia

SATURDAY, JANUARY 25, 2014
6:00 ET Cruz Azul v Veracruz
8:00 ET U.A.N.L v UNAM
9:06 ET León v Pachuca
10:00 ET Atlas v America

SUNDAY, JANUARY 26, 2014
1:00 ET Puebla v Chiapas
1:00 ET Toluca v Monterrey
6:00 ET Atlante v Guadalajara

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

Drogadon posted:

The USMNT losing to a club is not really a big deal because weird/unexpected results happen all the time in practice matches. Trying to hide the result is hilarious and they should be ashamed of that.

I heard it differently. SPFC had to agree beforehand not to make the results public, win or lose, as it was only a practice match and the last thing you should worry about is to pick a straightforward win in a practice, closed, friendly match with zero ambitions for either side besides pre-season preparation. It's not about making it a secret, it's about not using the win for publicity, which would be completely embarassing for SPFC, even more so than for the USMNT. São Paulo.

Also, Donovan pissed in the premises. I can't upload the pic elsewhere, my work connection sucks, so here's a link.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/sao-pa...cceb0aRCRD.html

As for the whole Brasileirão lawsuit frenzy, it makes me very unmotivated about this year's season. The state leagues have already begun due to the world cup, and no one seems to care. I sure couldn't care less, although the insane rulesets are slightly amusing. I can't help but think that someone like this will happen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Jo%C3%A3o_Havelange

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Here's the results and table of the latest round of Liga MX with this weekend games.

Results

Puebla 2-3 Chiapas
Toluca 2-0 Monterrey
Atlante 1-1 Guadalajara
Cruz Azul 4-0 Veracruz
U.A.N.L 1-2 UNAM
León 1-3 Pachuca
Atlas 1-2 America
Queretaro 0-0 Santos
Tijuana 1-0 Morelia

Table

This weekend games

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2014
10:30 ET Morelia v León

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2014
6:00 ET America v Atlante
6:00 ET Santos v Toluca
6:00 ET Veracruz v Puebla
8:00 ET Guadalajara v Cruz Azul
8:00 ET Monterrey v U.A.N.L
8:00 ET Pachuca v Atlas
10:00 ET Chiapas v Queretaro

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2014
1:00 ET UNAM v Tijuana

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Anybody follow the Peruvian league? Inter have signed Andy Polo, is he any good? Thanks.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm watching Nacional v Oriente (mostly because there's nothing else on TV) and Oriente's shirt has about 12 sponsor logos, ridiculous.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

El Hefe posted:

I'm watching Nacional v Oriente (mostly because there's nothing else on TV) and Oriente's shirt has about 12 sponsor logos, ridiculous.

That happens a lot in south America from what I can tell.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Quite amazing that Chino Recoba is still playing.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

They should use some of that logo money to buy a good keeper.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Polidoro posted:

They should use some of that logo money to buy a good keeper.

That was pathetic.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Quite amazing that Chino Recoba is still playing.

Too bad he started caring about training and making an effort when he turned 34.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Polidoro posted:

Too bad he started caring about training and making an effort when he turned 34.

Btw do you know if Tabarez is going to take Forlan to the WC even though he hosed off to Japan? I'm guessing he is or else he wouldn't be called Oscar Washington Tabarez.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I am pretty sure he's going to take him. Tabarez loves old and poo poo players, it took him years to stop calling up Abreu and even called him when injured. They'll be all gone after the WC. Tabarez, old players and the FA president.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Otamenti on his way to Atletico Mineiro on loan for the period he would be ineligible to play for Valencia.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Here's the results and table for the last round of Liga MX along with this weekend games.

Results

FT UNAM 3-0 Tijuana
FT America 1-0 Atlante
FT Santos 2-0 Toluca
FT Veracruz 0-1 Puebla
FT Guadalajara 0-2 Cruz
FT Monterrey 0-0 U.A.N.L
FT Pachuca 0-1 Atlas
FT Chiapas 1-0 Queretaro
FT Morelia 0-0 León

Table

This Weekend games

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2014
10:30 ET Tijuana v Monterrey

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2014
6:00 ET America v Pachuca
8:00 ET U.A.N.L v Santos
9:06 ET León v UNAM
10:00 ET Atlas v Morelia

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2014
1:00 ET Puebla v Guadalajara
1:00 ET Toluca v Chiapas
6:00 ET Atlante v Cruz Azul
6:00 ET Queretaro v Veracruz

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Anybody follow the Peruvian league? Inter have signed Andy Polo, is he any good? Thanks.

The Peruvian League is poo poo, just look at how the teams perform in the Libertadores, it's pathetic. Andy Polo does belong to the team that won the league this past year, and is very young. He is very talented and with the right mindset and environment, he could be a great asset to any team.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
If anyone want to watch the Argentine league, the futbol para todos youtube channel streams all matches.
Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ml2bmh4_Jc

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Copa Libertadores is back on, the Venezuela - Uruguay feud continued today between Deportivo Anzoategui and Peñarol where the dirty Uruguayans got a brave Venezuelan unjustly sent off.

Leon v Flamengo is being played right now and Amaral just got red carded after a criminal kick to the balls to a Leon player.

Lovely Copa Libertadores.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Here's last week results of Liga MX along with the Table and this weekend game.

Results

FT Puebla 0-1 Guadalajara
FT Toluca 2-0 Chiapas
FT Atlante 1-4 Cruz Azul
FT Queretaro 2-0 Veracruz
FT America 0-1 Pachuca
FT U.A.N.L 1-1 Santos
FT León 1-2 UNAM
FT Atlas 1-1 Morelia
FT Tijuana 2-1 Monterrey

Table

This weekend games

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014

8:30 ET Morelia v America
10:30 ET Santos v Tijuana

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2014

6:00 ET Cruz Azul v Puebla
6:00 ET Veracruz v Toluca
8:00 ET Monterrey v León
8:00 ET Pachuca v Atlante
10:00 ET Chiapas v U.A.N.L

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2014

1:00 ET UNAM v Atlas
6:00 ET Guadalajara v Queretaro

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
Santos Laguna looking good away to Penarol in the Copa Libertadores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

That's easy against Peñarol. Uruguayan teams are even shittier than usual this year, I don't think any of them will manage to get out of their group.