Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

yeah im not sure how anyone thought that would look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bunky posted:

why did he put queen in quotes

because "QUEEN" OF THE THREAD

seriously someone PM a mod and get the thread title changed

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
But millions of people all over the world like Queen and only creepy weirdos voluntarily listen to Steve Vai? I think that's the difference.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mclast posted:

8/10 needs more knobs for that perfect score

oh baby you know i love it when you check the finish for me mm yeah

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

mclast posted:

8/10 needs more knobs for that perfect score

Thread challenge: A solid-body where 90-100% of the face is covered in pick guard material.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Fax Sr posted:

that poly finish is loving nasty

The pickups look pretty drat gross too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Faustus posted:

I hope this helps, but I lost hope for persuading any of you long ago.

Yet you keep trying dude.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

killhamster posted:

I just saw this in ML

whoever owns this must be a stupid idiot

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There's nothing uglier than relic jobs that some clown did in his backyard.

So Natural...

Admire the attention to detail:

This guitar below kills me. This douche nozzle took a belt sander to his Squier and just went to loving town on it. He went nuts and had the time of his life. Now he believes his ruined Squier is as good as a Custom Shop strat and he's asking $700 shipped for the privilege of being embarrassed and laughed at for owning his failed experiment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Squier-Fend...=item1c3b1d8e73

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Handen posted:

whoever owns this must be a stupid idiot

The most upsetting post in that thread was the dude who turned a Hammond organ into a guitar amp :(

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

killhamster posted:

The most upsetting post in that thread was the dude who turned a Hammond organ into a guitar amp :(

Poor Decision Making Skills: The Thread (Musician Edition)

Dec 26, 2012

killhamster posted:

what. gently caress that guy

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
weird guitarist and minor youtube celebrity plays ugly guitar, spergs sperg out about it:
http://alembic.com/club/messages/394/109091.html?1329980072

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
If you own an ugly guitar, you should video yourself doing something songy in it. Bonus points for a bitchin' solo.

Up the ante. If you do a really good piece of work and the thread abides, I'll mail you this perfectly working Boss Super Chorus Pedal (CH-1) that I completely hate if you live in the USA. If you live outside of that, I'll paypal you 20 bux.

Ugliest guitar = bonus points. I am not exempt from this poo poo. I have access to a loving really ugly guitar and I will submit an example. I don't want to win. I really don't.

We're mostly adults here so the voting will be pretty obvious. In the event of a tie or a deadlock, or we can't figure out who won, we'll go into another round or someshit.

If you don't receive the fuckin pedal or 20 bux I toxx clause myself (within 20 days of closing this competition) Worst example also wins some points. If you are so bad that you're amazing, you have to busk somewhere, and I don't give a gently caress if you live in Antarctica, you better get on some live web poo poo and busk there, fucko.

This competition closes on January 25th at 7 pm USA Eastern time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't have ways of recording myself but can I just post a picture of my blue quilt maple mockingbird instead?

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Cobalt60 posted:

Thread challenge: A solid-body where 90-100% of the face is covered in pick guard material.

hmmm does metal count? think I'm only at 65%-70% here anyways

wtf is that little knob with the bent pipe sticking out? mini espresso steamer?

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

YESSSS I think I did it. Thank you, Ed Roman dot com !!!

also another beauty from the same page of his site

"Custom One Of A Kind Stainless Steel Mutilator Pickguard, "Not For The Faint Of Heart"
This Took A Skilled Craftsman 2 Solid Days To Make
Ed Roman Can Build You A Custom Pickguard"

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Oh boy, lovely relic jobs! My first guitar was a Squier VM Jaguar with the lowest effort "relic" job I've ever seen. Check this poo poo out:

(lovely cell pictures, but they get the point across)

Let's break it down:

-The parts of the guitar that the last owner didn't go apeshit on with a chisel and/or a lighter were still as shiny as the day it was new. Guy couldn't even be bothered to hit the whole thing with sandpaper.

-Not really visible in the pics, but the chrome control plates had scratches in them that looked like they were done with a nail or a pocket knife. Because you can totally scratch the area around the jack like that with the end of a guitar cable.

-Squier logo is scratched off. Still identifiable as a Squier because the 'By Fender" portion was left alone.

-EVH cigarette burns on the headstock. Because you'll totally be playing Eruption on this fucker all the time.

I am still amazed that my guitar shop let me trade this piece of poo poo in towards my Strat.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

killhamster posted:

It was being thrown out by somebody. There are a dozen locally free on Craigslist. The late 70s/80s Hammond transistor organs are getting dumped all the time. It's not like I chopped up a B3 or something remotely valuable.

It was a free gently caress around. I wasn't looking for tone nirvana.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ffs, that big bag of sad just won't quit, will he?

here, i did a google for "the best guitar in the world."

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't have ways of recording myself but can I just post a picture of my blue quilt maple mockingbird instead?

You don't have an iPhone or some other hipster gadgetry all the new kids are using these days?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

Fair Hallion posted:

YESSSS I think I did it. Thank you, Ed Roman dot com !!!

Looks like a winner to me!

Thread challenge 2: Absolute maximum number of pickups.
Humbuckers count as one pickup, piezo's and midi count, knobs and switches don't matter. Guitar and bass entries welcome.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Cobalt60 posted:

Humbuckers count as one pickup, piezo's and midi count, knobs and switches don't matter. Guitar and bass entries welcome.

five

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
looking for pickups but i found this beauty

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

Beat you guys ages ago.

stratdax posted:

That's some weak poo poo dude. Get on my level:

stratdax posted:

If you aren't rocking a 1:1 pickup:string ratio you may as well just burn your guitar

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

mclast posted:

looking for pickups but i found this beauty

Pre-emptively won the knob challenge, no homo

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I'll donate one of my random PRS pickups if you promise to put it anywhere but underneath the strings but still wire it in.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

is this cheating

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Harry in Rio posted:

If you own an ugly guitar, you should video yourself doing something songy in it. Bonus points for a bitchin' solo.

Up the ante. If you do a really good piece of work and the thread abides, I'll mail you this perfectly working Boss Super Chorus Pedal (CH-1) that I completely hate if you live in the USA. If you live outside of that, I'll paypal you 20 bux.

Ugliest guitar = bonus points. I am not exempt from this poo poo. I have access to a loving really ugly guitar and I will submit an example. I don't want to win. I really don't.

We're mostly adults here so the voting will be pretty obvious. In the event of a tie or a deadlock, or we can't figure out who won, we'll go into another round or someshit.

If you don't receive the fuckin pedal or 20 bux I toxx clause myself (within 20 days of closing this competition) Worst example also wins some points. If you are so bad that you're amazing, you have to busk somewhere, and I don't give a gently caress if you live in Antarctica, you better get on some live web poo poo and busk there, fucko.

This competition closes on January 25th at 7 pm USA Eastern time.

quoted for posterity. as the person who owns that stinky telecaster with the d-tuna and a gibson reverse v i plan to win the gently caress out of this

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

stratdax posted:

Beat you guys ages ago.

I can't beat these two for number of pickups, but the layout is ten times better:

killhamster posted:

ahahahaha what the gently caress

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress, well that is the most tragic example. The other full-face pickguards are meh but THIS...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If that whole guitar was done in that bowling-ball veneer, it'd look just fine. However, that right there is loving terrible.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Harry in Rio posted:

gently caress it.
Ugly (according to the thread anyway, I loving love it) lawyer guitar PRS on this one. You can't hear the other guitar player in this, so it's all on my head.
I'm on the far left, out of scene for most of it, but here y'go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REH5pNnqU34

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Holy Moly.
Y'all gotta watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3HRvPvXRk

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

All I see is a baked potato playing some awfully crushed guitar sounds. idgi

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Please don't docxx Faustus

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

holy fuckin poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

it's so uncomfortable. i have to look away when he makes eye contact.

ahahaaaaahaahaaahaaa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRjNc0tKeU

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 17, 2014

• Locked thread