Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Torka posted:

sorry this place is the closest thing gbs has to a cat picture thread

I like this, this is a good baby cat

e: welcome to page 313, this kitten is for your viewing pleasure. thank you.

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Chiba City Blues posted:

I like this, this is a good baby cat

Are there bad baby cats?

OK, i just googled "ugly kitten" and I guess these are technically ugly tho' I think they're kinda adorable in their Gollum-ness:

And I'm not sure this is really a cat:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Anne Whateley posted:

e: oh it's because it was almost a year ago and I wasn't mad at all, link. Sorry if "you read the text, right?" was too harsh. I am sorry your eyes were hurting.
thanks. :hfive: yeah, my eyes suck a lot

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

t_violet posted:

Are there bad baby cats?

OK, i just googled "ugly kitten" and I guess these are technically ugly tho' I think they're kinda adorable in their Gollum-ness:

i bet the hairless ones feel super cool when you pet them

idk about the bottom one though that one looks weird and not good

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

So a therapist is also a delayed fix for dumb parents?

hey yeah therapy is totally a wasteful luxury for self-centered people, and it couldn't possibly help people who are victims of abuse or anything like that

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 3, 2014

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Chiba City Blues posted:

i bet the hairless ones feel super cool when you pet them
like hot velvet, apparently

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

a travelling HEGEL posted:

like hot velvet, apparently

can confirm that petting hairless cats and guinea pigs feels like this

here's a cat imported from yospos

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Portals posted:

hey yeah therapy is totally a wasteful luxury for self-centered people, and it couldn't possibly help people who are victims of abuse or anything like that

rear end in a top hat

That also counts under the mental illness category.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Portals posted:

all yospos cats are creepy looking

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Spanish Manlove posted:

That also counts under the mental illness category.

The important thing is that you can still feel superior to people who go to therapists for reasons you don't approve. No one can take that away from you

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Portals posted:

can confirm that petting hairless cats and guinea pigs feels like this

i dont think ive ever seen a cat with a curly coat

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
I gained 10 lbs. Proud 2 say I'm almost officially a KuRvY goonette babe xoxo

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

because implying that seeking psychiatric help is an indulgent waste of money for people who appear functional (when people all over multiple psychiatrically disordered spectrums routinely minimise their suffering to family and peers) and is only something that Obviously Damaged people should pursue stigmatises mental illness and has been proven in sociological and psychiatric literature to demonstrably discourage people from seeking psychiatric help to their enormous personal and social detriment and as a social worker and a person with a mental illness this pisses me the gently caress off

Well, as a person with a $1000 coat

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

boom boom boom posted:

The important thing is that you can still feel superior to people who go to therapists for reasons you don't approve. No one can take that away from you

All this privilege tastes so good

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

t_violet posted:

Are there bad baby cats?

The bottom one is about as attractive as a bald guy who grows a beard to compensate for his lack of hair at 26.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I know we were bagging on the fashion thread like 3 hours ago but someone just made a cool post about turn-of-the-20th-century ladies' shoes so that's pretty great and you all should check it out

Edit: VVV And yeah fashion is a totally legit hobby, I just find it weird that anyone would spend an entire years' worth of disposable income on a single item that they might not even use that much :shobon: (exaggerating amounts for effect? idk)

vaguely fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 17, 2014

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Neurosis posted:

The bottom one is about as attractive as a bald guy who grows a beard to compensate for his lack of hair at 26.

I'm actually wondering if that one is a photoshop merger of an aye-aye and a cat.

amarantinesky posted:

e: t_violet I definitely understand the perspective that feminine things get dumped in the category of impractical luxuries more than they should be - certainly a lot of expensive cars aren't for daily or practical use and are much more extravagant purchases. Whatever makes you happy is fine, you shouldn't care about what gbs thinks of your shoes. The only reason I brought it up is because my experience is so different that it's truly hard to comprehend spending so much on a luxury item. My opinion obviously isn't the right one, I'm just saying that I don't view designer shoes any differently than I view luxury cars.

Hey, just caught this edit. Thanks for the clarification. I think I get super defensive about this topic because I used to think like that; I was a huge tomboy growing up and totally internalized that "girl stuff" was inherently lesser and weaker. It wasn't until my 30's that I actually realized how hosed up that was and gave myself "permission" to like stuff I had always secretly admired. I have no problem with you scorning expensive shoes as long as that extends to other non-stereotypically female luxury items. :)

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Yo lady thread, how do I get waves to stay in my hair for a long time? I have naturally straight kinda fine hair. I've tried rollers and curling irons but the curl either ends up too tight (rollers) or completely falls out after a few hours. I have a quasi ~ hot date ~ on Sunday and I want to look like Lucy Liu.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

taco show posted:

Yo lady thread, how do I get waves to stay in my hair for a long time? I have naturally straight kinda fine hair. I've tried rollers and curling irons but the curl either ends up too tight (rollers) or completely falls out after a few hours. I have a quasi ~ hot date ~ on Sunday and I want to look like Lucy Liu.

Maybe try using bobby pins? Puberty gave me a jewfro, but my mom used to curl my hair that way when I was little. Just twist up strands of damp hair, pin them to your scalp, and when they're dry you'll have nice bouncy curls.

And stop fighting, ladies. Different strokes for different folks.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 4, 2014

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Ladies' Thread I have these small bumps on my forehead. I don't think they're acne and they aren't very visible, but they are a little red and I can't help noticing them.

What do.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they a kind of acne

there are a bunch of kinds looking all sorts of different from each other

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

bathroom sounds posted:

Ladies' Thread I have these small bumps on my forehead. I don't think they're acne and they aren't very visible, but they are a little red and I can't help noticing them.

What do.

immediately cauterize the affected area

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bathroom sounds posted:

What do.

Girl you got the herp. That's nasty.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

I know we were bagging on the fashion thread like 3 hours ago but someone just made a cool post about turn-of-the-20th-century ladies' shoes so that's pretty great and you all should check it out

Edit: VVV And yeah fashion is a totally legit hobby, I just find it weird that anyone would spend an entire years' worth of disposable income on a single item that they might not even use that much :shobon: (exaggerating amounts for effect? idk)

holy dang those shoes are awesome

I'd totally wear the ones on the right

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

amarantinesky posted:

Mmmm so sensual, split pea and peppercorn lubricant... perfect for minimizing the splinters from my sacred tree dildo.

I like Vermont, it's a cool place, but this is exactly the kind of stuff I expect from them. Also lots of bad "local 'art.'"

e: just rub native aromatherapy lubricant on your forehead, no one will care what you look like when you smell so unique.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

ULTRAPHALLUS

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

bathroom sounds posted:

What do.

Get a mask.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2534494/Secrets-men-love-dress-rubber-dolls-revealed-new-Channel-4-documentary.html

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also in case you girls weren't sure where to spend your vacation time, the south of Spain has a ton of artisanal cobblers who sell their shoes for cheap. Handmade cordovan riding boots should run about 90-150 euro at any decent mom and pop store and other shoes are even cheaper.

I know the next time I'm visiting my parents I'm buying some jodhpurs.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
"Our cruelty-free hemp fiber SHAFT COZY warms and protects"
"vegan, probiotic BODY HUMMUS"

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I wouldn't want to carve my own dildo. Might get a splinter--ouch.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
OMG, I finally got a chance to eat today and it's amazing how much your outlook improves when you're not having a hypoglycemic meltdown.

(Also just spent $550 on 160 board feet of rough cut cypress. :dance: My project starts next week!)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lady happy about wood itt

i am so tired if i say something dumber than usual just ignore me

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

NecroMonster posted:

Maybe you should eat something. :buddy:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

NecroMonster posted:

have you tried sleep? it's good for you

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

can't yet for reasons, dont wanna go into those reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

amarantinesky posted:

Are you making hand-carved totally-not-racist dildos?

Yes, I agree that exceptionally splintery wood products are a great match for the tenderest of the lady bits.

I'm building a garage and am going to make the doors. Not all that exciting but I've been saving up for this project all year and I'm excited that I'm finally doing something beyond just applying for the permit and working on design.

• Locked thread