Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Getting that Superhero itch again so I'm currently installing this.

Probably going to login once it's done and see what's new!

Villains:
CD Repoman
Fartulence
Senseimilla

Heros:
Ohmnivore

Edit:
I've played villains too much so I'll most likely be on Ohmnivore unless you guys play heavily on villains now (or the 3 people that pop in here). Message me on steam, I'm in the Steam Group.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Expect bugs for a few days because it's Major Patch Time. Game Update 33 hit this morning, and is mainly focused on getting PvP Season 2 out the door. For those of us who don't, though, it's also adding an easier time getting through The Worst Tier (Tier 3) via cutting the cost of all armors in half and adding in "Synthetic Mods" for PvP/PvE from T3 onwards - single-stat mods that can be added to gear and bought via the appropriate marks.

Also Armories in next Tuesday (most likely, for PSN reasons), we all get one free and they'll cost between $4-8 per after that... with "$4 per" being if you buy a 15-pack (they can be traded among your accounts though, not just WHOEVER YOU BOUGHT IT ON IS LOADED).

edit: Aaaaaand servers are down to fix a technical issue, so yep. It begins.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 8, 2014

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Syrg Sapphire posted:

easier time getting through The Worst Tier (Tier 3) via cutting the cost of all armors in half and adding in "Synthetic Mods" for PvP/PvE from T3 onwards

thank loving god

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
CR 53 to CR 70 aka "do the Police Station Duo every day and mod it" tier.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack
Is the game usually down all day for new content? I just started playing and it seems to have been awhile.

Is there a playstation goon guild? I have two lowbie villains on the PS server:

Phthalo Bob
Brownview

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Brownview posted:

Is the game usually down all day for new content? I just started playing and it seems to have been awhile.

No, they busted things pretty bad, leading to a stealth second patch mid-day.

I'm not going to lie: I thought this patch did jack poo poo for me looking at the notes, but synthetic mods are the best idea. The fact that I can now just go "I know I'm going to replace this gear in a week's time" and buy a throwaway mod which is better than anything I could craft without massive effort for a few measly Marks to buff my CR is crazy. I just went from "oh god, I'm going to need to grind Paradox/Nexus for a week or two with the league" to "I can now buy all the stupidly CR-locked Trigon gear" for 30 MoRs.

Also laffo at the kind-of-absurd pricing on the PvP style vendor. 150 MARKS OF VALOR FOR YOUR TRENCHCOAT, SUCKERS

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I'm not going to lie: I thought this patch did jack poo poo for me looking at the notes, but synthetic mods are the best idea. The fact that I can now just go "I know I'm going to replace this gear in a week's time" and buy a throwaway mod which is better than anything I could craft without massive effort for a few measly Marks to buff my CR is crazy. I just went from "oh god, I'm going to need to grind Paradox/Nexus for a week or two with the league" to "I can now buy all the stupidly CR-locked Trigon gear" for 30 MoRs.

Also laffo at the kind-of-absurd pricing on the PvP style vendor. 150 MARKS OF VALOR FOR YOUR TRENCHCOAT, SUCKERS

At least the trenchcoat is back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it a Back slot item at least?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Is it a Back slot item at least?

It's a chest, same as the other coats.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Is there a power other than Nature with decent damage over time abilities? My primary concern is ease of play on a PS4 controller so any power/weapon combo that can group then nuke mobs or has crazy survivability while leveling is a plus.

I have a Nature/1H user that I enjoy but want to try others before I get super invested. Currently also have an earth/shield that I really want to like but :effort:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

It's a chest, same as the other coats.

So everyone who uses it looks the same, since it's a giant coat that covers so much of your model.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Syrg Sapphire posted:

What are the stats on those mods like? Are there flat Power ones?

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

Blargh. I wanted to try this game, but no matter what I do -- through Steam, or an install from the official site, following any number of guides for a fix -- I end up crashing on a black screen after the SOE logo. Anyone here have any other suggestions?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

the default pvp store style is now Avatar Bombardier instead of Blood Bat/whatever, so that's cool

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

For anyone freaking out at the 150 MoV costs:
"Arenas grant Marks of Valor (MoV) based the player’s current PvPCombat Rating
PvP Combat Rating 0-86: 2 MoV (loss); 4 MoV (win)
PvP Combat Rating 87: 5 MoV (loss); 10 MoV (win)
PvP Combat Rating 88: 10 MoV (loss); 20 MoV (win)
PvP Combat Rating 89+: 20 MoV (loss); 40 MoV (win)"

86 is the rating for the cash set
87 is the 300ish MoV pvp set etc

This works in legends too, and you still get 1 Mark of Legend for a loss, 2 for a win. With a chance at more stuff/missions if you have Last Laugh DLC.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Kyrosiris posted:

What are the stats on those mods like? Are there flat Power ones?

Yeah. Lemme look up later how they compare to "non-synthetic" mods, but offhand... Checking against the plans I have at those levels: they're identical to the single-stat mods. You just can't recycle them.

Tier III/IV/V Synthetic:
Might (+23/27/36)
Precision (+26/28/40)
Power (+70/80/105)
Restoration (+29/33/47)
Vitalization (+16/19/23)
Dominance (+13/15/20)
Health (+57/69/98)

III cost 125 MoTs per, IV 625 MoTs, and V 5 MoRs. You can also buy them with PvP marks but I can't check all of them (III are 10 Marks of Valor each, IV are 25 each).

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 10, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the Rage powerset out yet?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

No.

Also, I'm annoyed that my necklace/ring/mask don't work in PvE now. And from all I know PvE ones aren't exactly easy to find.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Who is Purplestufz? Did Area 51 with you earlier.

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien
So apparently, CR90 Controller gear is for the most part worthless compared to the CR90 DPS gear. The base stats (unmodded gear) of DPS gear has +272 Precision, +718 Might, and -29 Vitalization. I get that controllers are supposed to give power but, with such little loss, and with properly placed skill points, you can literally control PvP in DPS gear with Controller mods (Vit/Precision). Just thought I'd share this in case people were leaning towards getting controller gear.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RoxiesMD posted:

So apparently, CR90 Controller gear is for the most part worthless compared to the CR90 DPS gear. The base stats (unmodded gear) of DPS gear has +272 Precision, +718 Might, and -29 Vitalization. I get that controllers are supposed to give power but, with such little loss, and with properly placed skill points, you can literally control PvP in DPS gear with Controller mods (Vit/Precision). Just thought I'd share this in case people were leaning towards getting controller gear.

High level raids you actually need Controllers to have Dominance so they can lock down parts of the spawns, there's a lot more to it than just giving power.

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien

Fuzz posted:

High level raids you actually need Controllers to have Dominance so they can lock down parts of the spawns, there's a lot more to it than just giving power.

I'm sorry, I should've been more specific. I was referring to the Season 2 PvP gear. Dominance in PvP has fallen off mainly because of Breakout trinkets and tank rebuffs. Dominance is definitely significant in PvE (and with PvE gear as well).

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

erazure posted:

Blargh. I wanted to try this game, but no matter what I do -- through Steam, or an install from the official site, following any number of guides for a fix -- I end up crashing on a black screen after the SOE logo. Anyone here have any other suggestions?

I have this exact same problem. What's going on?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

If I'm playing this on the PS4, how do I see the stats on the stuff when rolling for it? It seems like I have to try and blind guess.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

I followed some guides to get all the world map investigations and briefs and am now level 22 going into Two-Face's missions. At this rate I assume I'm going to hit 30 well before the end of the story missions - are there alerts or other content that I'll be able to effectively be carried through by others to gear up, or will I need to finish the main storyline before I'm able to touch anything close to level cap content? Quantum controller if that matters.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think with the way they've changed progression you'll have to make your way through all the solo missions before they start giving you the higher level stuff. Though I'm pretty sure the only requirement for most of the lower end end-game raids and alerts is just to be level 30, so you'll probably be able to do those as you go, unless they've changed what's necessary for them, you should be okay doing those.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

erazure posted:

Yeah, same problem here. Tried a couple of different things but nothing seems to get it to get past that point.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Steam launcher has been bugged for a while for a lot of people. Probably the best thing to do is to download it from their site without Steam. This is what fixed it for me as far as I can remember.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Steam launcher has been bugged for a while for a lot of people. Probably the best thing to do is to download it from their site without Steam. This is what fixed it for me as far as I can remember.

I'm using the non-Steam launcher though so that doesn't seem to work. :(

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Just started playing. Got my babby villain to level 5, also ganked a few heroes while they were fighting NPCs. Disappointed about lack of angry private messages about e-honor, but the game is fun.

Is Psychic martial artist a good choice or should I make a character with another powerset?

Aphrodite posted:

So everyone who uses it looks the same, since it's a giant coat that covers so much of your model.

It's Guild Wars 2 medium armor all over again :gonk:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

cathead posted:

I'm using the non-Steam launcher though so that doesn't seem to work. :(

Same here. Using the official launcher. Game crashes immediately after the logo .bik's. Re-validated, same problem. Uninstalled and re-installed, same problem. Updated drivers, flash, etc, same problem. I guess this game doesn't want to be played.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Just an idea for the couple of you, because it fixed a launcher hiccup I had the other day: tried running "RegionalSettings.bat" in the install directory? I know it managed to get the drat thing working again after a crashed patch.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I reset my region settings to United States, and now it works. :psyduck:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

RottenK posted:

Just started playing. Got my babby villain to level 5, also ganked a few heroes while they were fighting NPCs. Disappointed about lack of angry private messages about e-honor, but the game is fun.

Ugh you're the worst. Well, as long as you don't turn into the level 30 that preys on lowbies.

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Just an idea for the couple of you, because it fixed a launcher hiccup I had the other day: tried running "RegionalSettings.bat" in the install directory? I know it managed to get the drat thing working again after a crashed patch.

If this doesn't work, the thing that did it for me was to go into the directory where the game's installed (I'm using Steam, so it was /steam/steamapps/common/DC Universe Online) and deleted LaunchPad-user.ini, then restarted. Cleared everything right up, game patched fine, and I was in. Took about 30 seconds for the launcher to initialize after I deleted the file, but ever since it's been quick.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Preechr posted:

I reset my region settings to United States, and now it works. :psyduck:

This was exactly the response I had when that fix worked, yeah.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mastajake posted:

Ugh you're the worst. Well, as long as you don't turn into the level 30 that preys on lowbies.

What you do is prey on lowbies in order that they send someone after you. Then you are both tanks and agree to disagree when you find that you can't kill each other.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

mastajake posted:

The guys who I attacked were 2-3 levels above me actually. Most of the time there's no point in hunting lowbies :)

RottenK fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 18, 2014

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Legends Watchtower 5 v 5 facing 4 Two Faces and 1 John Stewart. Hmm.

Two Face was buffed in the last patch now he has masses of health, un-interruptible barrel and his two face dominance rifle barrage does mad damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien

RottenK posted:

Is Psychic martial artist a good choice or should I make a character with another powerset?

It's Guild Wars 2 medium armor all over again :gonk:

Your best bet is to turn on Versus chat in the chat settings. That's how you communicate cross faction. The only other way is via in game mail but, that's impractical.

Giedroyc posted:

Legends Watchtower 5 v 5 facing 4 Two Faces and 1 John Stewart. Hmm.

Two Face was buffed in the last patch now he has masses of health, un-interruptible barrel and his two face dominance rifle barrage does mad damage.

Yeah Two Face is really obnoxious right now. Almost rather face Steel than Two Face.

• Locked thread