Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I wonder what the likelihood of Moe's tavern with Lego being kid friendly.

Maybe from that one episode where he made it a family restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RodShaft posted:

Oh, that'll be a treat!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully the power plant is 5,000 pieces worth of light grey. :getin:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

RodShaft posted:

Moe's Tavern is no less kid friendly than Jabba's Palace. I don't think it'll be an issue.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh, that'll be a treat!

I like it!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PriorMarcus posted:

This is something I've never come across before;

I just got the Parisian Restaurant and it's missing a load of parts; so much so I suspect an entire bag has gone stray.

Has anyone had this before? I know Lego will send out missing pieces but how do I deal with this? Is there a way to find out what parts should be in what bag or? I've not been able to build it much at all so I might have a duplicate bag I don't need or something I guess.

Merchant of Death posted:

A lot of fire brigade had this issue 2 years ago. When you call give them the number on the tape that seals the box and they might know exactly what bag is missing if it is a known production issue.

Even if they don't know exactly what bag is missing, they should be able to figure out what it is from a description of what should be in it. I got an Emerald Night a few years ago that had a duplicate bag of green bricks and missing one of the bags for the passenger car; I only figured it out after opening all the bags, making a big pile*, and working through the manual. Ten minutes on the phone with customer service cleared it up and they sent me the correct bag free of charge. Lego customer service is pretty awesome.

*The aggravation of hunting for the correct brick is to me part and parcel of the lego experience.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So just an update on how the Simpsons house is coming together. My fiance and I have spent a few hours on it so far while watching season 6 of The Simpsons to get us in the mood.

While the house itself externally is good, though a little plain due to it being a house, the interior is where it really shines. All of the little details, such as the TV and the like, are great. My favorite part so far is that the car actually has a dented fender. It is definitely a great kit and we are having a blast with it. We aren't even close to finished yet since we are taking our time, so I will let you guys know how it turns out when it is done.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Faffing about in LDD with some very rough sketches led to these two doodles.

This is the first time I've "cheated" by using extended mode to get nonexistent part/color combos, but I couldn't say no to all that dark blue. They're both "maybefig" scale, in that they're conceivably scaled for minifigs but I just couldn't be bothered to engineer space for more than just their heads.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A little over a year ago, I bought 7682 - Shanghai Chase and 7622 - Race for the Stolen Treasure from a goon in this thread and promptly forgot about it. Today I found them and decided to resell them, only to find out that they were not as complete as the seller had advertised. Each set has a slight issue.

7682 - Shanghai Chase is missing a light grey 1x2 and a black guardrail piece
7622 - Race for the Stolen Treasure is missing pieces of the German minifigs. The original seller replaced the flesh heads with classic yellow heads and replaced the brown hands with yellow hands.

Other than those two issues, they're complete. I rebuilt them just to be sure. The other minifigs are complete, I have the instruction books, and the two cloth car tops are in good condition.

I'd still like to sell them, but I don't want to deal with eBay since they're missing pieces. Any of you interested? I'll entertain any reasonable offer. Just trying to make some cash.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
Interested, toss out a price for both? I don't want to lowball.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm definitely interested too, where are you shipping from?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The cheapest listing for 7622 on Bricklink is $45, cheapest for 7682 is $42. I'd like to get as close to $40 each as I can, or $70 for both. I'm shipping from 77059 and I was looking to split the postage.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scooped up one of the movie sets today, it had one of those weird "two 1x4's stuck to each other" pieces.. turns out the angle between them is 45 degrees.

Gonna be interesting to scoop up a handful more of them off bricklink at some point, the angle is kind of fussy with the number of "legal" connections you can make but I bet they'll be good for making wings or nose pieces.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The cheapest listing for 7622 on Bricklink is $45, cheapest for 7682 is $42. I'd like to get as close to $40 each as I can, or $70 for both. I'm shipping from 77059 and I was looking to split the postage.

I'm in the UK so I'll have to pass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also, set 70801 is a parts extravaganza if you like grey or black.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

FallenSystm posted:

Came home to this last night.

The fiance decided to have craft day with the girls, and this is the first time I have been truly excited about the end result of that day. The pictures don't do it justice but we don't have a camera other than our phones. We are thinking about adding a small bonsai tree to it or possibly going with a cool looking Lego tree as we both feel it is still missing something. Anyways thought I would share it, next up is the hobbit hole set.

Wow that is incredible looking and I want to do something just like that for the same Lego set. Do you have a over all idea of how you did what you did or any hints I could use to try and complete what you did?

Also what the heck is up with the alternate face for the Lego movie cop?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good Cop/Bad Cop.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Good Cop/Bad Cop.

I thought the scribble face was showing how happy he was to have an iphone.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I picked up some of the movie mini figs today and got a double of Emmett if anyone wants to swap for one I don't have.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Rythe posted:

It looks like someone took a black marker to draw a smilie face. Biznis Kitty in the big set also has glasses and various money/biznis symbols drawn on in the same style. My guess is it has something to do with the movie plot. This will be awesome.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Once again illustrating how big a moron I am, only today I realized the pun behind "piece of resistance."

I got the octan ceo and the cop minifig, only after waiting 10 minutes for some lady to grope every single package available in the box.

Not super happy with the quality of the plastic though.. did lego change their fabrication again? The legs in particular are matte instead of shiny and show really bad seams and swirls from poor mixing of the plastic. Some of my 25 year old play worn minifigs have more gloss on them.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

RodShaft posted:

Back when Playmates was producing their line of Simpson's figures, it took several years to get Moe's Tavern made, and even then it was a Previews exclusive and only sold in specialty stores because all mainstream retailers refused to carry a toy playset of a bar. I would say that the chance of a Lego Moe's is very very slim, maybe as a lego.com exclusive.

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

Not super happy with the quality of the plastic though.. did lego change their fabrication again? The legs in particular are matte instead of shiny and show really bad seams and swirls from poor mixing of the plastic. Some of my 25 year old play worn minifigs have more gloss on them.

I'm sorry to say it but that's pretty standard for the collectable minifigs line. They outsource the fabrication of these to save money since there are so many different designs and molds. I'm guessing the figs in the actual movie sets don't have this problem, though.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I hope they make it. Stock it in normal retail outlets. Conservative groups protest it for the kids, and all of a sudden there's this big controversy over The Simpsons again out of nowhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dreadbot posted:

I'm sorry to say it but that's pretty standard for the collectable minifigs line. They outsource the fabrication of these to save money since there are so many different designs and molds. I'm guessing the figs in the actual movie sets don't have this problem, though.

The ones in the set I bought are little better, but not great. I might just be getting old, new pieces in general seem less "solid" than old ones. The colors aren't quite as vibrant and the pieces feel kind of waxy with less click when you push them together.

Excuse me, some kid just took a shortcut through my yard. :corsair:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am guessing the alt face on the cop is some type of mind control, all I know is I am going opening night for the movie and I am extremely excited.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

xzzy posted:

The ones in the set I bought are little better, but not great. I might just be getting old, new pieces in general seem less "solid" than old ones. The colors aren't quite as vibrant and the pieces feel kind of waxy with less click when you push them together.

I pulled out some 20+ year old figures I have and compared them to CMF 10 and some from LOTR. The plastic doesn't feel close to the same quality as the ones that they are putting in sets now. Comparing bricks, yellow bricks seem to be the worst offender they are noticeably different in the way the plastic feels.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

So I found a sealed Bionicle set 8942, Rockoh T3 at the local Goodwill today for a few bucks and I really don't collect any of the Bionicle lines, though they do look pretty neat for a younger kid.

Anybody interested in a trade?

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
Lego is already selling the Simpsons House in their stores to VIP members. The short time I was in there today, it looks like this will be a very popular set…

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

Merchant of Death posted:

I pulled out some 20+ year old figures I have and compared them to CMF 10 and some from LOTR. The plastic doesn't feel close to the same quality as the ones that they are putting in sets now. Comparing bricks, yellow bricks seem to be the worst offender they are noticeably different in the way the plastic feels.

I know.
It amazes me that the early series minifgis I am putting on eBay (spares that I haven't bothered to sell till now) are going for silly money but classic spacemen seem to go for dirt cheap.
Don't get me wrong, I like the minifig series and have them all, but a choice between those or the more 'classic' figures and I'll take my spaceman army anyday.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
In addition to the two Indiana Jones sets listed in this post, I also have a 75025 - Jedi Defender-class Cruiser (built, complete, no minifigs, w/instructions) and a 9495 - Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter (complete, built, no Leia minifig, w/instructions) that I'd like to sell. If anyone's interested, I'd like to get $50 for 75025 and $35 for 9495 but I'm open to negotiation.

Do we know when the rumored Simpsons collectable minifig series will hit?

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003
I've been assuming it will be the wave after the movie series, but can't say for sure. I'm sure someone here will know. Also, hopefully...

I don't suppose there will also be a Winter Olympics series like there was for the London Summer Olympics? That would be great if there was.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

A little over a year ago, I bought 7682 - Shanghai Chase and 7622 - Race for the Stolen Treasure from a goon in this thread and promptly forgot about it. Today I found them and decided to resell them, only to find out that they were not as complete as the seller had advertised. Each set has a slight issue.

7682 - Shanghai Chase is missing a light grey 1x2 and a black guardrail piece
7622 - Race for the Stolen Treasure is missing pieces of the German minifigs. The original seller replaced the flesh heads with classic yellow heads and replaced the brown hands with yellow hands.

Other than those two issues, they're complete. I rebuilt them just to be sure. The other minifigs are complete, I have the instruction books, and the two cloth car tops are in good condition.

I'd still like to sell them, but I don't want to deal with eBay since they're missing pieces. Any of you interested? I'll entertain any reasonable offer. Just trying to make some cash.

Was this me? It may have been me. It SOUNDS like me. I would be glad to try to fix this incompleteness issue for you/whoever you try to sell to.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Was this me? It may have been me. It SOUNDS like me. I would be glad to try to fix this incompleteness issue for you/whoever you try to sell to.

It was indeed. I'm partly to blame, as I should have checked them when I received them instead of forgetting about them for a year.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It was indeed. I'm partly to blame, as I should have checked them when I received them instead of forgetting about them for a year.

I'll see if I have the parts over the weekend. Sorry about the fuckup.

FallenSystm
Feb 9, 2005

"Full of Fish?"

Rythe posted:

Wow that is incredible looking and I want to do something just like that for the same Lego set. Do you have a over all idea of how you did what you did or any hints I could use to try and complete what you did?

I can only give you the collection of phrases I caught from the fiance about it. She purchased a terrarium at some super craft warehouse, bought moss in different colors, used old smooth stones we had around the house and then just sort of used her craft skills to lay it out. In all honesty it really doesn't take much, just laying it and building the structure of how you want it was really simple she said. All in all it took her around 20 minutes I think. It does make that particular set look awesome though.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

FallenSystm posted:

I can only give you the collection of phrases I caught from the fiance about it. She purchased a terrarium at some super craft warehouse, bought moss in different colors, used old smooth stones we had around the house and then just sort of used her craft skills to lay it out. In all honesty it really doesn't take much, just laying it and building the structure of how you want it was really simple she said. All in all it took her around 20 minutes I think. It does make that particular set look awesome though.

I will have to take a look around Hobby Lobby, that would look great at my desk at work. Now if I could only figure out how to run a motor with water in it to have a working stream...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Once again illustrating how big a moron I am, only today I realized the pun behind "piece of resistance."
It took me way too long to figure out what the Kragle is in the Lord Business set, and that's such an awesome idea for the ultimate weapon in the Lego world.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
From the same 'Lego in an environment' folder:

*MODEDIT: Please use the timg tag for big images.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'd put some rocks in there too. (And drill a tiny hole in one.)