Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Allen Wren posted:

I was originally going to post "I don't recognize the third, fifth or sixth guys," but then I realized who three and five were. Who's six?

Gonna say Paul Gilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Allen Wren posted:

I was originally going to post "I don't recognize the third, fifth or sixth guys," but then I realized who three and five were. Who's six?

sheldon from the big bang theory

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

sheldon from the big bang theory

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Also lol at getting the second guy but not immediately getting the third guy

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

What the actual gently caress. :psyboom:

They were seriously going to have motherfucking Gibson make an "Authentic" line of instruments honoring one of the most famous Fender Stratocaster users in history. Sure he used a Gibson later in his career, but gently caress it. Let's make knockoff Stratocasters and stamp 'em with an Authentic Jimi Hendrix logo.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Valtaherra posted:

Also lol at getting the second guy but not immediately getting the third guy

I thought one of them was Brian Setzer for a moment and got confused. I've had a long day.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Zonekeeper posted:

What the actual gently caress. :psyboom:

They were seriously going to have motherfucking Gibson make an "Authentic" line of instruments honoring one of the most famous Fender Stratocaster users in history. Sure he used a Gibson later in his career, but gently caress it. Let's make knockoff Stratocasters and stamp 'em with an Authentic Jimi Hendrix logo.
Yup, and apparently I was wrong about the 'within hours' thing, maybe it was within hours of the big huge writeup and negative review? I dunno, anyway, didn't last long, was purged completely and never existed.

And yeah, he DID play a V pretty regularly among other Gibsons but really, Hendrix = Strat for the most part.

The amount of poo poo his estate has been involved in regarding his name is loving amazing.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Top to Bottom:

Buddy Guy(my hero)

Josh Homme(Queens of the Stone age) x2

Buckethead (also my hero)

Jerry Cantrell(Alice in Chains)

Paul Gilbert.

Pretty much 5 of my favorite guitarists ever. Also all fans of ugly-ish guitars.

I thought for sure everyone would think they all had ugly guitars. Guess not.

Edit: Hendrix talk: He also played an SG from time to time. I've seen videos of him rocking a white triple pickup one I think(flipped over, of course).

Edit x2: Yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwaekyQhMfI

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 19, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dirt posted:

Top to Bottom:

Buddy Guy(my hero)

Josh Homme(Queens of the Stone age) x2

Buckethead (also my hero)

Jerry Cantrell(Alice in Chains)

Paul Gilbert.

Pretty much 5 of my favorite guitarists ever. Also all fans of ugly-ish guitars.

I thought for sure everyone would think they all had ugly guitars. Guess not.

Edit: Hendrix talk: He also played an SG from time to time. I've seen videos of him rocking a white triple pickup one I think(flipped over, of course).

Edit x2: Yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwaekyQhMfI

I like his late tone better than his early tone which I guess is sacrilege but whatever

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Declan MacManus posted:

Dan Armstrong Plexis are rad

That's not a dan armstrong tho, it just wants to be one when it grows up.

I wanted one of those so bad when I was in high school and couldn't afford it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Harry in Rio posted:

So lets hear some function, fuckos. Make that ugly poo poo sing and soar you loving faggots.
I remembered how this turned out when I made the same challenge, to all these poo poo-talkers back in the day (December?)
My music was (rightfully, since it's kinda bad) flamed, even by the one guy who posted anything in response, who prefaced his post with, "This is really old and it really sucks, but...."

Courage ITT

Do what Harry in Rio says. Slay us with your chops, no judgement from me.

Styles in music and styles in guitar builds are but moments in time. They're not inherently bad and you know it. I was just happy to be your punching bag during the holidays when I didn't have to work. It was silly but I have other things to do now.

There you go, another 10 pages of thread fodder. Happy New Year.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I remembered how this turned out when I made the same challenge, to all these poo poo-talkers back in the day (December?)
My music was (rightfully, since it's kinda bad) flamed, even by the one guy who posted anything in response, who prefaced his post with, "This is really old and it really sucks, but...."

Courage ITT

Do what Harry in Rio says. Slay us with your chops, no judgement from me.

Styles in music and styles in guitar builds are but moments in time. They're not inherently bad and you know it. I was just happy to be your punching bag during the holidays when I didn't have to work. It was silly but I have other things to do now.

There you go, another 10 pages of thread fodder. Happy New Year.

Aesthetics have exactly zero to do with playing. Your poo poo is objectively hideous, whether you play it well or not

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

There's also a really good reason no one has responded to that idiotic challenge and you know god drat well its not because literally none of us can play

Think about it, preferably in a different thread

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Earlier in the thread when I challenged faustus to a soloing competition it was my plan to just pick some random notes and maybe play them left handed even though I've never done that before and then he'd get banned anyway.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Valtaherra posted:

Aesthetics have exactly zero to do with playing. Your poo poo is objectively hideous, whether you play it well or not
Bullshit.

Valtaherra posted:

There's also a really good reason no one has responded to that idiotic challenge and you know god drat well its not because literally none of us can play

No. You are afraid to play for GBS. That is the one and only reason you refuse.

Salt Fish posted:

Earlier in the thread when I challenged faustus to a soloing competition it was my plan to just pick some random notes and maybe play them left handed even though I've never done that before and then he'd get banned anyway.
You did?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Valtaherra posted:

Well, I'd just like to hear music. If you consider that idiotic, I'm ok with that. And I'm sure you are, too.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Dr. Faustus posted:

:words:

There you go, another 10 pages of thread fodder.

Yeah dude the thread was grinding to a halt for a while there but thanks to you periodically showing up out of nowhere again and being all 'ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!' we're guaranteed another 10 pages of material! :jerkbag:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Homestar Runner posted:

Yeah dude the thread was grinding to a halt for a while there but thanks to you periodically showing up out of nowhere again and being all 'ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!' we're guaranteed another 10 pages of material! :rolleyes:
Tell me this asinine thread hasn't been hanging on my every word. Look at it, and then say that.

Valtaherra posted:

Harry in Rio posted:

Well, I'd just like to hear music. If you consider that idiotic, I'm ok with that. And I'm sure you are, too.
Do we have a 3rd?

I don't ask you to like my playing, but at least recognize I put it right in front of you to criticize. This thread is where the poo poo-talking is taking place, so I see no reason to go elsewhere. Do you have a compelling reason that you can play?

Your turn, grinding to a halt.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 19, 2014

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Man I really like klezmer, can someone please play some for me cause I'm totally jonesin' for some klez

tag up motherfuckers

we in a gang now

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Harry in Rio posted:

Man I really like klezmer, can someone please play some for me cause I'm totally jonesin' for some klez

tag up motherfuckers

we in a gang now

You joke but I bet none of these guitar-hating stylists have ever heard of Klezmer or the joy it can produce.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Declan MacManus posted:

I like his late tone better than his early tone which I guess is sacrilege but whatever

looks like his *very* early tone was on a Danelectro lol

Where's Danelectro's "Private James Hendrix" signature model ? They missed a trick there.

Well maybe they're not insane corporate assholes like Gibson...
OR they don't wanna be associated with someone with a discharge sheet like this , hahaaa

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Fair Hallion posted:

Where's Danelectro's "Private James Hendrix" signature model ? They missed a trick there.

OR they don't wanna be associated with someone with a discharge sheet like this , hahaaa

LOL, never saw that... holy poo poo, but jacking off in a latrine is impossible, and makes you miss flush toilets and a little privacy

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Tell me this asinine thread hasn't been hanging on my every word. Look at it, and then say that.

*looks at thread*

Yup, you sure have been desperately hanging on every word of the thread! Congratulations, you're finally 100% correc...! oh.

Content! I find this thing intriguingly atrocious

I assume there is an ugly guitar somewhere in this picture. I didn't really look at it because :stonklol:

^Sweet string-bendy action

Hendrix's aforementioned Flying-V is pretty bitchin'!

Homestar Runner fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 19, 2014

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Bullshit.

You did?

must be delightful to live in a world full of such plentiful and immense delusion and bullshit

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

and also bad guitars

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

You joke but I bet none of these guitar-hating stylists have ever heard of Klezmer or the joy it can produce.

lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

This guy is Spike Jones. He was a novelty act band leader in the 1950s. He mostly conducted and played percussion: pots and pans, car horns, washboards etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7O9g2sphw

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

mclast posted:

White Dog Eggs and I been in talks to make this a reality

gonna get my own station waguitar :3:

Congrats on your commission I guess but I can't overstate how...uncomfortable that guitar makes me feel. I don't know why, I get really on edge every time I see it.

e:

axolotl farmer posted:

This guy is Spike Jones. He was a novelty act band leader in the 1950s. He mostly conducted and played percussion: pots and pans, car horns, washboards etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7O9g2sphw

Jesus Christ suits were hideous in the 50s. I hope they come back in style.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
I need to post pics somehow of my brother's limited edition Spawn Ibanez because holy gently caress

Edit: here we go, not my picture but

E2: I'm spawn's cape just disappearing into the void of the body on the left

Armani fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 19, 2014

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Renegret posted:

Congrats on your commission I guess but I can't overstate how...uncomfortable that guitar makes me feel. I don't know why, I get really on edge every time I see it.

Were you molested as a child in a station wagon? :ohdear:

If so: :sympathy:

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
A sample from ESP's 2014 range:

I'm assuming that I'm the only one who actually thinks these looks really really nice?

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Fair Hallion posted:

:aaaaa:

shoulda been saint's row purple. is that microtone fret spacing or just a trick of perspective?

Renegret posted:

lol yeah pretty eyecatching innit

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

ubermarcus posted:

A sample from ESP's 2014 range:

I'm assuming that I'm the only one who actually thinks these looks really really nice?

Eh, but the text on the bottom right makes it look like they're a show coming soon on Fox or F/X or something.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Bullshit.

You did?

I played for GBS

It was super fun

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I didn't play for SA. Because I don't play guitar. But I still think Dr. Faustus is a narcissistic tool.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Fair Hallion posted:

Haha, holy gently caress, I never knew that!

A friend of a friend recently brought one of those for £600, lol.

Edit: It's got it's own coffin shaped case too. Perhaps the guitar has a tiny vampire inside it.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

White Dog Eggs posted:

A friend of a friend recently brought one of those for £600, lol.

Edit: It's got it's own coffin shaped case too. Perhaps the guitar has a tiny vampire inside it.

that reminds me I sold one of these once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

mclast posted:

that reminds me I sold one of these once

i...is that an iceman ukulele

• Locked thread