Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

More 3v3 fun... M-Kanga might be overpowered, but he sure is predictable. I can't tell you how many times I've flat-out destroyed one with WP Aegislash, like so:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotsingles-79167372

...Does anyone else besides me play in this format? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Internet Kraken posted:

Thanks for the recommendation to run ice fang over dragon claw on m-aerodactyl. I'm not sure why I didn't do it in the first place since Garchomp is so common, but it works really well against him.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-79095607

Do OU Smogon all-star teams ever translate well to doubles ??

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

nippon nifties posted:

Some do. Rotom-W and Char-Y are both very high usage in doubles.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Can anyone spare a minute or two and help me evolve a Kadabra?

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?

Starsnostars posted:

Can anyone spare a minute or two and help me evolve a Kadabra?

Sure! My Friend Code is: 0645-7046-1975

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Thanks, I'm 4527-8353-5981.

Edit: thanks again!

Starsnostars fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 19, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

nippon nifties posted:

Joke's on you nobody uses M-Garchomp in OU and Greninja and Togekiis are both in a pretty bad place (I haven't seen any above 1300).

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Zoness posted:

Joke's on you nobody uses M-Garchomp in OU and Greninja and Togekiis are both in a pretty bad place (I haven't seen any above 1300).

Greninja is even worse in doubles and nobody should ever use it. Togekiss is amazing in doubles, though.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Togekiss is fantastic in letting Normal-type pokemon and pokemon with 4x weakness set-up. Since it's now Fairy/Fighting it has a 4x resistance to fighting moves as well as a 2x resistance to Grass and Bug moves. Here's the move-set I use in Battle Maison Super Doubles:

Togekiss with Kebia Berry (you can switch this out with a healing item)
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Def
Yawn
Follow Me
Roost
Dazzling Gleam

Follow Me makes all enemy pokemon focus on Togekiss; but it can only be learned as a Togepi/Togetic and can't be relearned once deleted (same with Yawn) :argh:

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 20, 2014

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Yawn is not great in Doubles. If you want a status move you are better off with Thunder Wave. The speed probably isn't doing much for you, either. Follow Me is now only +2 priority so it can't redirect Fake Out anymore which would be the main reason to run speed. I would run either 8 to beat 4 speed Dragonite or none and dump all the rest into bulk.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

Togekiss is fantastic in letting Normal-type pokemon and pokemon with 4x weakness set-up. Since it's now Fairy/Fighting it has a 4x resistance to fighting moves as well as a 2x resistance to Grass and Bug moves. Here's the move-set I use in Battle Maison Super Doubles:

Togekiss with Kebia Berry (you can switch this out with a healing item)
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Def
Yawn
Follow Me
Roost
Dazzling Gleam

Follow Me makes all enemy pokemon focus on Togekiss; but it can only be learned as a Togepi/Togetic and can't be relearned once deleted (same with Yawn) :argh:

I actually prefer Eviolite Togetic as a damage sponge for a set-up, because it has overall higher defenses. You lose out on a bit of power on Dazzling Gleam, but ideally you get your set-up sweeper doing damage relatively unharmed.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

Added you (I could use the safari) in case you'd need any help still: 3067-6082-2425

Could also use more friends for safaris and such if anyone else is feeling generous.

Filling out the Pokedex in the newer gens is so brutal, holy poo poo. :negative:
Sure, here's my safari
Andy
FC: 1736 0748 2121
Sawsbuck, Pansage, and Gogoat
E: poo poo you've already got me.:sweatdrop:

Agreed on the dex, we've now got 718 separate entries, plus whatever event Legendaries there are after Zygarde. At least it'll be easier when the Poké Transporter comes online.:argh:

Just for shits and giggles, I decided to figure out the longest chain of ownership of anyone I've got; looking at my Black version, that would be Wes's Espeon and Umbreon from Colosseum. Thusfar they've gone:

Colosseum->Ruby->Fire Red->Emerald(cloning)->Pearl->Platinum->Soul Silver->Black->(eventually)X

Holy poo poo they're a long way from home, region-wise they've gone Orre->Hoenn->Kanto->Hoenn->Sinnoh->Johto->Unova->(eventually)Kalos.:stare:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 20, 2014

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm trying to get all the Vivillons for shits and giggles, and if you GTS Scatterbug there's a ton of people requesting Ditto with their message all set as "Riz Ditto". Google isn't giving me answers- what the gently caress does that mean?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Diet Poison posted:

I'm trying to get all the Vivillons for shits and giggles, and if you GTS Scatterbug there's a ton of people requesting Ditto with their message all set as "Riz Ditto". Google isn't giving me answers- what the gently caress does that mean?

Some idiot from GameFAQs seems like. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68285804?page=10

nib
Aug 23, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Added you (I could use the safari) in case you'd need any help still: 3067-6082-2425

Could also use ore friends for safaris and such if anyone else is feeling generous.

Filling out the Pokedex in the newer gens is so brutal, holy poo poo. :negative:

Sorry, I missed this the other day and I'm stuck out of town, so I'll add you back tomorrow night. Thank you, even though I already got help. :)

To clarify, I maxed the XY pokedex, which is pretty easy compared to the older games, there are just a looooot of them. Can't wait for the Pokebank to open so I can start trading up old legendaries!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm breeding a 4 IV (HP Def SpA Spe) Female litwik with a 5 IV (All but Att) Male Ralts and the first Infiltrator Litwick that hatches randomly has 0 Attack but it's doesn't have max SpD.

Is the 0 Attack worth breeding it with the female litwick to get a 4 IV 0 Att female or should I just keep going?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 20, 2014

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm breeding a 4 IV (HP Def SpA Spe) Female litwik with a 5 IV (All but Att) Male Ralts and the first Infiltrator Litwick that hatches randomly has 0 Attack but it's doesn't have max SpD.

Is the 0 Attack worth breeding it with the female litwick to get a 4 IV 0 Att female or should I just keep going?

Might as well since you already have it and the Ralts can provide for everything else.

edit: is the 0 Attack Litwick female?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Immer posted:

Might as well since you already have it and the Ralts can provide for everything else.

edit: is the 0 Attack Litwick female?
Probably not since he's asking whether to breed it with the female litwick.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Oh dur, I can't read. I still would, but I'm a bit OCD and try to get 0 Attack's whenever I can on special attackers. Especially with Foul Play being ubiquitous as it is these days.

Immer fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 20, 2014

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

5 or less attack IV means that 0/0 Chandelure is guaranteed to be 4HKOed by non-STAB Foul Play and 3HKOed by STAB Foul Play at level 50 (11 at level 100). It also means that Chandelure will only damage itself for 7.5% max if it hits itself in confusion. If that's important to you than go for it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Welp got a 0 Att 4IV Female Litwick now. Just gotta keep breeding till I either get the spread for HP Ice.

3 Hours of breeding and only 3 5 IV Infiltraitor Litwicks, all male, all with surprisingly High Attack IV's.

We'll pick up this tedious task tomorrow. Anyone want one of the 5 IV ones, though? They're all modest. I can give away 2 of them and be fine.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 20, 2014

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Just beat the Champion. How do I get the Hall of Fame photo with the artwork of my 6 Pokemon? Also, trying to get my hands on a Chimchar, but all GTS wants is legendaries. I wouldn't even care if it's a Level 1 with crap stats, just want my original lil' guy from Diamond... :smith:

Also, this. I REALLY would love the Amaura here. When're these coming out? eBay lists nothing.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 20, 2014

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

LemonLimeTime posted:

Just beat the Champion. How do I get the Hall of Fame photo with the artwork of my 6 Pokemon? Also, trying to get my hands on a Chimchar, but all GTS wants is legendaries. I wouldn't even care if it's a Level 1 with crap stats, just want my original lil' guy from Diamond... :smith:
Add me! I've got tons of them. 5043-1237-1109

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
If you want a thing, don't bother seeking it, deposit something with your desired pokemon as the return. As long as its reasonable, you'll probably get what you want inside of an hour. Version exclusives and things you need to breed to get work well for this.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I don't think I will ever tire of my opponents calling my strategies cheap, even if they are decent sports about it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-79285726

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Goodpart posted:

Add me! I've got tons of them. 5043-1237-1109

Added. I'm 4570-8569-2043. Thanks!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nib posted:

Sorry, I missed this the other day and I'm stuck out of town, so I'll add you back tomorrow night. Thank you, even though I already got help. :)

To clarify, I maxed the XY pokedex, which is pretty easy compared to the older games, there are just a looooot of them. Can't wait for the Pokebank to open so I can start trading up old legendaries!

I need about 60 to finish seeing all of the XY pokemon. Tomorrow will probably be the start of my trip through the game routes to catch/see stuff I managed to miss while going through the game. To be clear though, the Battle Maison does not count towards the Pokedex?

Blhue posted:

If you want a thing, don't bother seeking it, deposit something with your desired pokemon as the return. As long as its reasonable, you'll probably get what you want inside of an hour. Version exclusives and things you need to breed to get work well for this.

I've been doing this with Dratini breeding leftovers and it's been working well. I don't bother changing their names though but I hope whomever picked up my Dratini named '4IV HP/SPD??' likes the name.

The need to expand the "don't show event pokemon" to "don't show any legendary pokemon" because when you disable event pokemon requests in the GTS you still get pages of assholes asking for all the various pokemon and you know there has to have been cases of people trading away their moltres, by accident or not, for someone's caterpie or and so everyone does it in the hopes of being as lucky.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I need about 60 to finish seeing all of the XY pokemon. Tomorrow will probably be the start of my trip through the game routes to catch/see stuff I managed to miss while going through the game. To be clear though, the Battle Maison does not count towards the Pokedex?

Just like Battle Spot and other multiplayer battles, Pokemon fought in the Battle Maison will not be counted as "seen". If you're looking to fill up your "seen" listings ingame, though, Serebii will list not only where you can catch Pokemon but where you can find trainers that have them. It's good for finding ones that are only owned by trainers in areas like the Battle Chateau or Gen5's sports complexes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So I'm messing around with UU again to take a break from dealing with Rotom-Wash:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-79301808

Here's a PSA: don't devote another pokemon for your dumb pupcake gimmick. My defogger for your hazard setter AND a sweeper? I'll take that any day.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Zoness posted:

So I'm messing around with UU again to take a break from dealing with Rotom-Wash:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-79301808

Here's a PSA: don't devote another pokemon for your dumb pupcake gimmick. My defogger for your hazard setter AND a sweeper? I'll take that any day.

Man, some players are really reckless with their High Jump Kicks. And this guy kept doing it even after learning your Vaporeon had Protect.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

More 3v3 action:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotsingles-79338287

I played this guy only minutes beforehand and he beat me that time, so this was good payback. Feels good to download someone's strategy :c00l:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Main Paineframe posted:

Just like Battle Spot and other multiplayer battles, Pokemon fought in the Battle Maison will not be counted as "seen". If you're looking to fill up your "seen" listings ingame, though, Serebii will list not only where you can catch Pokemon but where you can find trainers that have them. It's good for finding ones that are only owned by trainers in areas like the Battle Chateau or Gen5's sports complexes.

You can also go to the cafes where you pay to sit somewhere and talk to NPCs to get seen dex entries. The more you pay, the greater the chance you get something new and it's not just limited to Kalos mons.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

One of my friends is making a rain team for doubles (battle spot) and so far, he has this team:

Lanturn @ Shell Bell
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 50
EVs: 200 HP / 208 Def / 100 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soak
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 108 HP / 240 Def / 160 Spd
Modest Nature
- Glare (never used this move)
- Electrify
- Parabolic Charge
- Volt Switch (he might change it for Dark Pulse, as he never use volt switch)

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 240 Def / 240 SDef
- Rain Dance
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block

Galvantula (doesn't know what item to use)
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 28 HP / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Signal Beam (maybe Discharge/ sucker punch would be better)
- Gastro Acid (he was thinking of Bug Buzz, but gastro acid helped him shut down a mega blaziken so he's keeping it)

And a few battles just because :v:.

3YXG-WWWW-WWW4-ZKUL
E6GW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHC
YNBW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHJ

Thing is, he doesn't know what his other two pokemon should be. Any advice?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

Just beat the Champion. How do I get the Hall of Fame photo with the artwork of my 6 Pokemon?

Register with and log into Pokemon Global Link. It'll be on your timeline.

Mazenki
Nov 19, 2010

LemonLimeTime posted:

Also, this. I REALLY would love the Amaura here. When're these coming out? eBay lists nothing.

The plush you listed come out on February 8th. (I need that Goomy!) Sunyshore or Pokevault should have them around then.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
This is my first attempt at a Perish Song doubles team. Mismagius but it pretty quickly and I was thinking about replacing it with a Marowak since it also has Perish Song and can protect my water-types with Lightningrod.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-79410984

Apparently Mega Gengar isn't prohibited in Smogon Doubles.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 20, 2014

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Txn posted:

- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Gastro Acid (he was thinking of Bug Buzz, but gastro acid helped him shut down a mega blaziken so he's keeping it)

3YXG-WWWW-WWW4-ZKUL
E6GW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHC
YNBW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHJ

I've had great results with Focus Sash on Galvantula, especially if it's using sticky web.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Oraculum Animi posted:

This is my first attempt at a Perish Song doubles team. Mismagius but it pretty quickly and I was thinking about replacing it with a Marowak since it also has Perish Song and can protect my water-types with Lightningrod.

There's no reason for it to be prohibited in doubles. It lacks the bulk that a lot of other perish trappers have and it has a pretty serious earthquake weakness.

Also get on so I can trade you a bold synchronizer!!

Txn posted:

One of my friends is making a rain team for doubles (battle spot) and so far, he has this team:

Lanturn @ Shell Bell
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 208 Def / 100 SDef
Modest Nature
- Soak
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 108 HP / 240 Def / 160 Spd
Modest Nature
- Glare (never used this move)
- Electrify
- Parabolic Charge
- Volt Switch (he might change it for Dark Pulse, as he never use volt switch)

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 240 Def / 240 SDef
- Rain Dance
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block

- Sticky Web
- Thunder

3YXG-WWWW-WWW4-ZKUL
E6GW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHC
YNBW-WWWW-WWW4-ZLHJ

Why are those EV spreads 240? Unless you're going for a particular bulk threshold you never want to risk losing a speed tie. There's enough pokemon at the 108 speed tier on battle spot for Galvantula, and 28/240/240 doesn't give Klefki better bulk than 252/252/4 or 252/128/128. Parabolic Charge is also really underwhelming - Discharge is going to be a lot more work most of the time because Heliolisk is still weak to Earthquake at the end of the day. Lastly, don't use Shell Bell, and stick a Sitrus Berry on something. Klefki as a rain starter is fairly vulnerable to taunt or fake out + double tap, so make sure you're prepared without rain or pack a Politoed to make sure you can get the rain up.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 20, 2014

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

CherryCat posted:

I just got a new laptop so I'm looking for cute Pokemon wallpapers if anyone has any.

Whoever did the493 back in the day has finished doing all of the new Kalos pokemon:

Full collection here: http://pldh.net/gallery/xyarchives

e: I've been using Dragonair as my cell phone background for a while now:

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oraculum Animi posted:

That's because Mega Gengar isn't that great in doubles. Like he's strong but he's got mostly single target hits but any decent hit sent his way he dies so he dies fast in doubles.

• Locked thread