Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9H24PfY

Skeleton man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Clean up detail is ready.

Yellow is not a good color for Quarians.

Cool biohazard suit though.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Quarians would be a great race to mod in, were it not for the Tali situation.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cryohazard posted:

Quarians would be a great race to mod in, were it not for the Tali situation.

There are nerds that are going to be creepy about anything that is in or modded into the game. If they can't be creepy about things, they will complain about them instead. They may also complain if they can be creepy about them, really.

Though, now I'm wondering what Quarian armor would be like. And how to deal with the fact that they can't really not have full-body protection, due to their whole thing; is it better to just ignore that and have Quarians with exposed faces or whatever look like... However they're supposed to look (I heard that it was disappointing but whatever), or have them keep their bio-suits on (those being their "skin" basically, what you see even when you remove their equipment) and just put things like t-shirts and whatever on over that.

...Definitely the second, that sounds hilarious. We need to get on this.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Roland Jones posted:

There are nerds that are going to be creepy about anything that is in or modded into the game. If they can't be creepy about things, they will complain about them instead. They may also complain if they can be creepy about them, really.

Though, now I'm wondering what Quarian armor would be like. And how to deal with the fact that they can't really not have full-body protection, due to their whole thing; is it better to just ignore that and have Quarians with exposed faces or whatever look like... However they're supposed to look (I heard that it was disappointing but whatever), or have them keep their bio-suits on (those being their "skin" basically, what you see even when you remove their equipment) and just put things like t-shirts and whatever on over that.

Quarians look like pale humans with glowing eyes and implants to synch them with their suits, basically. Or, at least Tali and that one in one of the endings did.

I'd say that they can have their non-clothed state like the rest and give them the racial armor bonus of breathing in air and some heat reduction maybe?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Rutkowski posted:

Quarians look like pale humans with glowing eyes and implants to synch them with their suits, basically. Or, at least Tali and that one in one of the endings did.

I'd say that they can have their non-clothed state like the rest and give them the racial armor bonus of breathing in air and some heat reduction maybe?

I like this idea, just have them die rapidly from atmospheric exposure and take absurd damage from everything should they have the audacity to take off their suit on a planet.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Cryohazard posted:

I like this idea, just have them die rapidly from atmospheric exposure and take absurd damage from everything should they have the audacity to take off their suit on a planet.
Haha yeah. Do you get the racial armor bonus if you have pieces from different armor sets from the same race or must it be a full set completely?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Quick question: Is there a place where good mods are conglomerated? Like a thread or something.

There's a lot of really tiny, pointless or you know... lovely mods out there.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Motherfucker posted:

Quick question: Is there a place where good mods are conglomerated? Like a thread or something.

There's a lot of really tiny, pointless or you know... lovely mods out there.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/authors/desideratus.209136/

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/authors/shoehead.15778/

The "Top Mods" and "Most Downloaded" tabs are actually pretty legit, and the goonmod trifecta is allowed to put mods on the Featured tab :getin:.

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 20, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Desideratus posted:

(I left commas in the pixel cost :saddowns: )

gently caress commas, they are the worst. If I had a dollar for every time I've yelled about why won't a mod work and then it turned out it was because of a comma, I could buy at least two people a copy of Starbound. :saddowns:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BRAWWW posted:

We don't accept sex mods on these forum nor do we accept someone suggesting a sexual-oriented mod that contains rape, bestiality and prostitution. Please take your somewhat insane ideas somewhere else.

Thanks.

I like Starbound.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I love you Brawww. :swoon:

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

WOW, no link to my work. I'm suing!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

So nice he linked me twice

New mod update is out btw

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Shadowmorn posted:

I love you Brawww. :swoon:

I love you too.

RottenK posted:

I like Starbound.

I like you too.

Shoehead posted:

It was a typo you're a bad modder.

That armor looks sweet though.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played a ton of this on Sunday and then realised I'd never finished terraria since I'd played it before everything was done. So I started playing terraria and wow, starbound realy is an improvement. It's amazing that it's done by a different company since it's *so similar*.

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?

The flavor text should be something like: "Effective against everything except Senior OCP staff."

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

redreader posted:

I played a ton of this on Sunday and then realised I'd never finished terraria since I'd played it before everything was done. So I started playing terraria and wow, starbound realy is an improvement. It's amazing that it's done by a different company since it's *so similar*.

Well, Tiyuri who heads up Chucklefish did some art work for Terraria, so he probably brought a lot of lessons from its development with him.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
So modding armor - is there any way to have armor change colours the same way your initial clothes do? Even if you set the palette in the .chest/.pants/etc. file to replace the base colors from the .png, it seems to default to the first one every time, regardless of what colour choices you made at character creation.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Goons need to up their game, cause the game just got real:

quote:

In the absense of any major weather mods, one comes through and ushers in a new way to look at weather. Install to receive the grace of men raining on you with the hit by The Weather Girls playing non stop no matter what planet you go to!

To install, just drop the folder into starbound's mod folder and enjoy!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a good mod to make stuff really cheap / give you lots of materials? I want to experience a few pieces of content, but don't feel like playing enough with my current character who's going to get wiped to do it legitimately.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Citizen Kane 13 posted:

The flavor text should be something like: "Effective against everything except Senior OCP staff."

"Directive 4: ???"
"Your move, creep."
"Skellies leave."

Also the set is named Super Metal Cop, and I have no idea if anyone will get that reference without looking it up.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

boo_radley posted:

Goons need to up their game, cause the game just got real:

I first thought those people were growing on the trees, like the brain trees.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Looks awesome man. If you're still looking for ideas for other tiers you could work in something off one of the Mad Max marauders for a lower tier. That's pretty iconic 80s ish as well

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So did they do that last wipe yet, or what? The main site is surprisingly not clear on when.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shoehead posted:

Also the set is named Super Metal Cop, and I have no idea if anyone will get that reference without looking it up.
Everybody break a supercop.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Perpetual Notion posted:

Looks awesome man. If you're still looking for ideas for other tiers you could work in something off one of the Mad Max marauders for a lower tier. That's pretty iconic 80s ish as well

Oh I have a Mad Max thing planned. Don't you worry

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Fuzz posted:

So did they do that last wipe yet, or what? The main site is surprisingly not clear on when.

Nope. Trust me, you'd hear about it.

sector_corrector posted:

Is there a good mod to make stuff really cheap / give you lots of materials? I want to experience a few pieces of content, but don't feel like playing enough with my current character who's going to get wiped to do it legitimately.

You could try the Creative Mode Mod, not quite sure if that's exactly what you mean. If you want just ALL the items to be cheaper you'd have to probably go edit the pixel costs yourself.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Next patch, which will be very soon. A few days ago one of them tweeted monday-ish. No patch today but that should point to how close it is.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Tenebrais posted:

Next patch, which will be very soon. A few days ago one of them tweeted monday-ish. No patch today but that should point to how close it is.

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/status/425373114101661696

quote:

No patch today! Said Monday ~or so~, after all. Sorry guys, we're still working!

I'm pumped to start playing this again. If I'd known the wipe was so far out I wouldn't have shelved it so quickly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Shoehead posted:

This comes with a craftable Auto-9, right? RIGHT?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fuzz posted:

I wish I'd known there was a wipe coming when I bought this and played a dozen hours over the weekend.

Farewell Biggorilla, you will be missed.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The hard part for me isn't waiting for the patch. The hard part is seeing if I stick to my intentions of waiting until the day after update in case OOPS gotta hotfix and waiting for the dust to settle.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

While I agree that to fit in with the other races in the game, they should be unable to breathe in standard atmosphere unless they are wearing at least the first tier of armor, but there are two inherent problems with that:

1. Since we don't have multiple atmospheric types, basically anywhere they go, including the starting ship, is going to do damage to them unless they start with a bio-suit, at which point they might as well just have the bio-suit as their base "naked" mode.
2. By not putting up a Quarian mod that doesn't let you take off Tali's clothes we'd be denying ourselves delicious, delicious pubbie tears.

I kind of want a Volus race, tbh, that instantly gibs if you take off their armor.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Could one of the folks here who do race mods give me some pointers on where to start? Is there an explanation of the sprite sheets and masks anywhere? And where do I add new faces/beaks/etc?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Awesome incoming, hopefully.

Edit Edit: Any tips or advice still appreciated, though.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 21, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Yellow is not a good color for Quarians.

Cool biohazard suit though.
Honestly I thought it was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPM0-k40G8

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Well, I can't beat Shoehead on speed, so it looks like I'll just have to keep following whatever insane impulse I get when I sit down. Worked pretty well for capturing the Starbound Forums Experience in sixteen frames.

What do you have for me today, impulse?

quote:

This is a bowel disruptor. It has no signature - you can't detect its usage on a body. It has several settings. See this dial? Loose...

quote:

Watery... Firey...

quote:

...Prolapse.

For gently caress's sake, impulse.

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

Fish Noise posted:

Well, I can't beat Shoehead on speed, so it looks like I'll just have to keep following whatever insane impulse I get when I sit down. Worked pretty well for capturing the Starbound Forums Experience in sixteen frames.

ohgodYES.

Are Filthy Assistants included too?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fish Noise posted:

Listen to your impulses more! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Holy hell, that's a fine bowel disruptor. Make sure you can upgrade it to include some of the higher settings, like "unspeakable gut horror" and "fatal intestinal maelstrom".

• Locked thread