Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I thought that was Ultra Magnus at first glance.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Honestly surprised they didn't try to defend the lack of paint with a "Night Assault Camo" rider or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So you smack it on something and it auto-transforms? I want to see it in action.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Looks like it's basically a spring-loaded Gravity Bot.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
What sort of articulation are those legs rocking?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

It's just one of those 'smash and change' things, which wouldn't be worrisome if it didn't look basically the same as the 'real' figure that'll also be coming out.

On the upside, I'll finally be able to realistically avoid buying most/any of the movie toys.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Veg posted:

What sort of articulation are those legs rocking?

Looks like none, maaaaybe some hips.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goldskull posted:

Both. The wings I still need dimensions for, I managed to track down technical drawings of the Lancia from a kit car that's more or less the same size, so I can take it from there for the spoilers. Don't know if you could scan them or something and post W x H. I'll assume they're ~1.5mm thick. Cheers.
Ok, I'll grab some measuring calipers from work tomorrow and get you the dimensions.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

So you know how everyone in here's been talking up those Switch-n-Go Dinos? Apparently Hasbro took notice.

Does it tell me facts about being a dinosaur?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Does it tell me facts about being a dinosaur?

I only accept dinosaur facts voiced by Richard Kiley. :colbert:

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Knormal posted:

So you know how everyone in here's been talking up those Switch-n-Go Dinos? Apparently Hasbro took notice.

Doesn't this say "Fantasy scene"? Because Heatwave here seems to transform into a boat of some kind, Prime transforms into a monster truck and Bumblebee is a motorcycle? Not seeing actual dinobot transformers. I'm kind of new into the whole Transformers toy thing, more interested in the comics, but are "Fantasy Scene" kind of thing something you can rely on happening in the future?

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 20, 2014

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

GrimGypsy posted:

It's just one of those 'smash and change' things, which wouldn't be worrisome if it didn't look basically the same as the 'real' figure that'll also be coming out.

On the upside, I'll finally be able to realistically avoid buying most/any of the movie toys.

How sure are we that that picture we saw before wasn't OF that smash n' change figure?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Shoulders are different, the big flat panels are different, and the giant botshot (which I have no interest in, but think is kind of neat) doesn't have smokestacks.
Really, though, if you're freaking out about this one, it's about the same as if you were freaking out about this:

It's the little, little kids version.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 20, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I only accept dinosaur facts voiced by Richard Kiley. :colbert:

Spared no expense!

Zaa Boogie posted:

How sure are we that that picture we saw before wasn't OF that smash n' change figure?

Wishful thinking

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 20, 2014

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

You Am I posted:

Ok, I'll grab some measuring calipers from work tomorrow and get you the dimensions.

You're a star, thank you.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

According to this article, 'smash and change' is Hasbro's 'new direction' for standard TF toys. So yeah, that probably is the main figure.

http://io9.com/hasbro-is-completely-changing-the-way-transformers-toys-1505124977

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

According to this article, 'smash and change' is Hasbro's 'new direction' for standard TF toys. So yeah, that probably is the main figure.

http://io9.com/hasbro-is-completely-changing-the-way-transformers-toys-1505124977

The guy who wrote that article thinks Masterpiece Soundwave is indicative of the complexity of G1 Soundwave's transformation, so I don't think I'd take his proclamation as gospel truth.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Iced Cocoa posted:

Doesn't this say "Fantasy scene"? Because Heatwave here seems to transform into a boat of some kind, Prime transforms into a monster truck and Bumblebee is a motorcycle? Not seeing actual dinobot transformers. I'm kind of new into the whole Transformers toy thing, more interested in the comics, but are "Fantasy Scene" kind of thing something you can rely on happening in the future?
It's a "fantasy scene" because the toys don't really put out fires. It looks like we're going to be getting accessory figures that turn from dinosaurs into vehicles, with no robot mode. They wouldn't invent dinosaur figures out of thin air to put on box art like that. Although looking at the box again it looks like they're crossing over between the Rescue Heroes and Playskool Heroes lines, so the dinosaurs may be part of that line.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GrimGypsy posted:

Gawker writers have to put out about 14 stories per day, in the half-hour or so that Rob used to make this article he got it more-or-less correct. I think if the picture was showing the simplified voyagers and deluxes he'd be right on. E - wait it's a just NYT article, argh.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 20, 2014

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

A couple of months ago, I posted here and said I was going to limit myself to just one of the Datsun MPs, Streak. About that...

Smokescreen is so cool. The colors are vibrant, and he just looks good.

I also just received Trace, the third Not-Throttlebot.

It's a nice toy, but the transformation is kind of insane. The hood just sort of separates into a bunch of pieces that crash into each other, and the hood does this weird compress/spin around the head thing so it ends up on his chest. If you get it, be aware that the instructions are no help at all, and there's some parts, especially the pieces of the hood that end up on the back, that feel kind of fragile.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GrimGypsy posted:

I doubt it since there's going to be a billion versions of every figure in every difficulty level.

Lets not forget there are Generations Leaders coming up. As long as Generations exists transformers will be fine.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

I doubt it since there's going to be a billion versions of every figure in every difficulty level.

Lets not forget there are Generations Leaders coming up. As long as Generations exists transformers will be fine.

I'm hoping for more simplified toys, I won't feel compelled to collect any of those guys.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Knormal posted:

I want a t-rex Optimus Prime

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I like the notion of more simplified toys. I got my nephew a Wheeljack and Kup from whatever generations line, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to transform Wheeljack properly, and it feels like I'm cramming Kup together to jam him into pickup truck form.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arsenal_12 posted:

A couple of months ago, I posted here and said I was going to limit myself to just one of the Datsun MPs, Streak. About that...

Smokescreen is so cool. The colors are vibrant, and he just looks good.

Ugh. Like two pages ago I was debating whether or not to get Bluestreak. He's a for-sure now, though I think I can hold off on Prowl.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

I'm hoping for more simplified toys, I won't feel compelled to collect any of those guys.

I'm skipping the movie line entirely. With the possible except of maybe a dinobot or so, but I skipped DOTM for everything.

Last movie line I got was HFTD/RTS and it was great because they were all half off or some business....I wound up getting everything they released. :negative:

That and they really haven't added anything all that different, DOTM's mechtech deluxes were inferior to the HFTD versions of the same characters. Same with the voyagers too.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Phy posted:

Ugh. Like two pages ago I was debating whether or not to get Bluestreak. He's a for-sure now, though I think I can hold off on Prowl.

That's like buying Thundercracker and not Starscream. :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think I got maybe 4 DOTM figures - Leader Ironhide, the Jetwing ROTF Prime retool, DLX Starscream, and DLX Sideswipe as a gift.

EDIT: Oh and VOY Skyhammer, he owns and everyone should have him.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Phy posted:

I said the same thing and look how that ended up.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I think I got maybe 4 DOTM figures - Leader Ironhide, the Jetwing ROTF Prime retool, DLX Starscream, and DLX Sideswipe as a gift.

I was just thinking the other day about how DotM is the line I have the least figures from in the entire 30 year history of the brand. Only four: Leader Ironhide, Leader Sentinel Prime, Voyager Megatron and the Jetwing retool. And all except Megatron were bought on 50% or higher clearance. I think I only paid $15 for Ironhide. I even have more Beast Machines stuff than that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm getting Prowl since I enjoy him as a character. But now I want Smokescreen also.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

No Your Other Left posted:

Yes, that is the correct way to do it. :colbert:

blue seeker best seeker

Also I got TFC's Perseus, and I really like it, but his knees seem a little wobbly.

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 21, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

EDIT: Oh and VOY Skyhammer, he owns and everyone should have him.
Yeah, he's seriously excellent, also the voyager Megatron is an excellent deluxe if you get him at deluxe prices! Xenomrph I think got me one of those for $10.

Oh, Murderbee remains great. Nice, honest deluxe. I think I own about six or seven pieces from that line and deluxe Jolt for $5 is the only one I regret, though the car mode is nice anyway.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I actually liked deluxe Jolt, though I lost the brick gun behind a shelf PDQ. He's got these creepy little shrimp eyes, like that guy nobody sits next to on the bus.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I have a lot of quirky movie figures mainly because the main guys didn't appeal much to me. That being said I did get DOTM Darksteel, Convertible Sideswipe and strawberry-Ratchet. Also the cool voyager figure Skyhammer (yes that was the only cool one) I would have bought Megatron in a second if they'd just put some more effort into its paint apps.

I would have bought Soundwave and Que too but the scalper jacked-prices are a definite no no.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

No Your Other Left posted:

Thundercracker was the first full sized G1 that I got as a kid so yeah I always skip Starscream

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/in-hand-images-of-generations-voyager-whirl-179104/

Bunch of Voyager Whirl pictures and it should be noted, he is very very very tiny for a Voyager. The weapons were probably added just to bulk him out, but yes he could probably pass for a deluxe.

This is also like the third helicopter based voyager we have seen, too many helicopter guys not enough trucks. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 21, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trucks had their fun. Helicopters will only get played out when there's a "Rotor Convoy" toy or something.

I love DOTM Skyhammer too, by the way. And DOTM Shockwave as well. Never cared much for the deluxes in that line except for Crankcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Now I want to know what's on the normal cover for MTMTE 28. Roberts said it was too big of a spoiler to be shown. The Megs picture is the retailer incentive. They sure know how to druf up interest in the second half of a, thus far, bland storyline. I blame a lot of my disinterest on the art, though. Too many jumps in style, and so much of it at lower quality than the two usual artists.

Speaking of which, I was excited to see that they started listing colorists on the cover credits this month, but it looks like they've dropped it again in the solicits.

The MSJ posted:

Trucks had their fun. Helicopters will only get played out when there's a "Rotor Convoy" toy or something.

Voyager Class Live Convoy, 9 years ago.