Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Twitter is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

quote:

Colin Kaepernick or Colon Craperdick, we can't have him as a QB for much longer unless we make serious improvements

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I do sorta love it when people :qq: about Kaepernick. Dude has gotten them so far into the post season both seasons he's been with the 49ers after taking over for Smith. A lot of teams would be glad to have him at QB.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

There's no conversation that gets into dogwhistling faster than discussing QBs scrambling versus staying in the pocket.

Morby posted:

I do sorta love it when people :qq: about Kaepernick. Dude has gotten them so far into the post season both seasons he's been with the 49ers after taking over for Smith. A lot of teams would be glad to have him at QB.

Meanwhile, Stafford catches almost no grief for accomplishing a lot less with more talent around him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stafford gets poo poo on all the time though.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Stafford gets poo poo on all the time though.

By us, sure. He's only recently begun to catch grief from the general public, that I've seen at least, and what's there isn't even a tenth of the poo poo that Kaepernick or Newton have taken for how they play or who they are.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Anals of History posted:

There's no conversation that gets into dogwhistling faster than discussing QBs scrambling versus staying in the pocket.

Meanwhile, Stafford catches almost no grief for accomplishing a lot less with more talent around him.

His whiteness blinds people to his true form

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There was once an era where all white QBs were scrambling QBs!

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Huzzah Fran Tarkenton.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want to imagine that Colon Crapperdick guy totally sat back in his chair like "nailed it"

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

It's time to focus back on the REAL THUG HERE

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

OH NO! A SWEATER AND BACKWARDS HAT!

People get so nitpicky about the dumbest poo poo when it comes to athletes.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Morby posted:

OH NO! A SWEATER AND BACKWARDS HAT!

People get so nitpicky about the dumbest poo poo when it comes to athletes.

I was taking about Russell's shiny tie, where does he think he is, a JAZZ CLUB?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Peyton looks like he's trying not to snicker while he explains over videoconference that the division's got to reduce headcount by 6,500 in order to meet its third quarter margins guidance and keep Carl Icahn from making too much noise at the annual shareholders meeting.

Brady looks like he's got a jet waiting to take him to Italy and would you just let him go already.

ETA: Wilson looks really excited to welcome us all to the semiannual leadership conference of the Future Business Leaders of America.

Kaepernick looks like he just lost a really important football game after making some bad turnovers.

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 21, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Just an undershirt. SMH at these disrespectful thugs.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
It looks like Manning is speaking at one of those Amway conferences where he's telling me how to actualize my potential with the power of positive thinking.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He does look like a slob though.

Plus you're in a press conference man. I'm pretty sure no one is going to steal your headphones if you put them somewhere that's not around your neck. Even just hold them in your hand.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Anals of History posted:

nd what's there isn't even a tenth of the poo poo that Kaepernick or Newton have taken for how they play or who they are.

No one has gotten poo poo on more unfairly in the last 3 years than Cam. From Peter King ruining his reputation by taking the "entertainer and icon" quote out of context, and the following that up by complaining Cam wouldn't grant him an interview during the lockout, to the roughly 1,400 hours Cam wearing a towel on his head has been analyzed by the local media, it cannot be close.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I love how Russell Wilson is now specifically included in those kinds of things. Because he's rivals with Kap of course and not as a token to prove the image isn't racist

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

I love how Russell Wilson is now specifically included in those kinds of things. Because he's rivals with Kap of course and not as a token to prove the image isn't racist

One of the good ones

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Sash! posted:

Plus you're in a press conference man. I'm pretty sure no one is going to steal your headphones if you put them somewhere that's not around your neck. Even just hold them in your hand.

But you see, he's the man he's the man he's the man.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sash! posted:

He's in a commercial for fashion accessory headphones though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Linemen own.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Ozu posted:

He's in a commercial for fashion accessory headphones though.

Does he wear them in all his press conferences? It might be part of his contract.

The goofball v-neck, he's on his own for that one.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Reminder that this is the single most important image ever captured by sports media.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Rap posted:

Or maybe because he's the only other quarterback that played this weekend and fits the image of the other two? I mean I don't think it's racist to say that Kap looks like poo poo there. It doesn't really matter and anyone who really gives a gently caress is probably a racist, but it's not like he's looking particularly snazzy there.

Although Bloodbath does own so he gets props for that in my book.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Rap posted:

Maybe if Brandon Weeden was good enough to get his team to the final four, then they could feature his ye olde timey sartorial decisions instead.

Edit: Like dis:

There it is with white Brandon Weeden instead

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 21, 2014

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

KettleWL posted:

Or maybe because he's the only other quarterback that played this weekend and fits the image of the other two? I mean I don't think it's racist to say that Kap looks like poo poo there. It doesn't really matter and anyone who really gives a gently caress is probably a racist, but it's not like he's looking particularly snazzy there.

Oh yeah well I think he IS looking particularly snazzy there.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
He has a cardigan and a collared shirt, he's probably better dressed than most of the people criticizing him.

There's people BBQing and getting drunk in the parking lot. It's not a formal loving event.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Gerty posted:

Oh yeah well I think he IS looking particularly snazzy there.

He looks like poo poo and has an awful beard.

KettleWL posted:

If that stupid "compare Kap and Russell's instagram" picture didn't exist then it could be reasonable to assume that but the "Russell is all class but Kap is a street thug who wastes his money on shoes" comparison has been made too many times to assume otherwise in a picture, unless specifically stated like "Why the gently caress did he think that button up and sweatshirt would look good together"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SlipUp posted:

It's not a formal loving event.

No, because Brady'd be in a tuxedo if it was.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sash! posted:

No, because Brady'd be in a tuxedo if it was.

And rightfully so. If you take formal to mean anything less than tuxedo, you're probably an artist or something equally worthless.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
I pretty much wear a suit all the time because I'm not piece of poo poo. My pajamas are a suit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It was after 7, what is he, a farmer?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gerty posted:

I pretty much wear a suit all the time because I'm not piece of poo poo. My pajamas are a suit.

Dude every person in this forum has slept with Robin by season 8. You're welcome.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
I lied you guys, I was feeling insecure and wanted to impress you. I don't even own a suit. I've got a nice jacket I sometimes use for funerals and weddings but that's it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kaep looks like poo poo there because he's wearing his collared shirt like he's touring with The Commodores, not because he's an uncouth footballs man

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

gohuskies posted:

Maybe if Brandon Weeden was good enough to get his team to the final four, then they could feature his ye olde timey sartorial decisions instead.

Edit: Like dis:

There it is with white Brandon Weeden instead

Lookit that awful collar gap on Brady. No class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I was going to say this is a great conversation but I can't tell anymore because I clawed my own eyes out

• Locked thread