Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Russad posted:

I agree with the bits about "if it's broken, don't release it", but when it comes to coding it's never as simple as "copy and paste Patches in" or "just put an if".

Yeah it generally isn't but I just feel you could probably hack something together in this. It does depend on how its coded but with proper coding this really should be a simple enough issue to fix. But I guess I'm assuming the game was programmed well. My guess is they assumed you would only create strike tiles for one side and removed the ability to make it for both to speed up processing or something. Which should still just be use the old battle method instead of the new one. This just seems like it defeats the point of having a QA team. It also feels like it should be a relatively quick fix since its already working in current and the character in question has no patch notes.

I do get it though I've made so pretty hilarious bugs that I can't figure out for hours. This just seems simple as someone who has worked on a game.

Actually its probably related to how Apple treats authorizing new content for games. They probably caught it after submitting to Apple and don't want to hold it off for two weeks and come up with bullshit that can be downloaded from the server for make shift events. I'll just blame it on Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
"I don't always test my code... but when I do, I do it on the build that goes live on the server tomorrow."

If it was an isolated glitch now and then, I'd have more sympathy. But daily rewards have been broken for more than a week, Wolverpatch going live in the first place was an error, they still haven't fixed the occasional 'NO EVENTS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE' or 'here, have the PREVIOUS version of the event' loading glitches, and they're making up the rules and the pricing structures and the characters as they go along.

Don't get me wrong -- they're doing a lot of things RIGHT. The game is still playable by free players. The constant changes mean they're not letting broken stuff lie. That they fix two things and break one or two others just makes the ride that much more entertaining.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

delfin posted:

"I don't always test my code... but when I do, I do it on the build that goes live on the server tomorrow."

If it was an isolated glitch now and then, I'd have more sympathy. But daily rewards have been broken for more than a week, Wolverpatch going live in the first place was an error, they still haven't fixed the occasional 'NO EVENTS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE' or 'here, have the PREVIOUS version of the event' loading glitches

I just got my 90 day green hulk reward, and I've never seen any of those happen on iOS.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Wow, I used an 8-hour shield when I was in position 5 with ~800 points, and actually finished in 5th place. 2/2/2 patch, sweet.

The guy in first was at 2400 points...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

chrisf posted:

I just got my 90 day green hulk reward, and I've never seen any of those happen on iOS.

I'm on iOS and, while I don't know if anyone on iOS got Patch early via Daily Rewards, I've seen (and am still seeing) all of the above.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pretty sure the double dipping on daily rewards is related to switching devices. The one time I got two I logged in on my Nexus 7 in the morning, then on my work iPhone during lunch break. It could even be related to logging in on multiple operating systems.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I have one device and one only, so that's not it.

They've said "we're aware of the bug and it's manifested in a couple of different forms."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I got a daily reward and I play every day. Been at least like 4 days. Maybe a week?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Haven't had a reward since at least the beginning of The Hunt.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Never missed a reward on steam. :smugdog:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Quick question from a newer player:

I've only gotten 1 Wolverine to date (the ** one) but was able to get top 45 in the Ares PvP which gave me a Patch cover. I'm out of roster spots, and so am I better off dropping the wolverine for now and replacing it with the Patch or holding onto the Wolvy in the thinking that I'll be able to pull 2 star covers more easily?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I often get two a day.... actually, I think the bug tends to trigger when a patch hits. Like, it doesn't matter if it's the next day or not. If I log in and see the game actually have to load up, I just sort of figure I'm getting a daily reward. So far at least, that's held true.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Was there a massive Spider-man giveaway that I missed? Everyone I'm fighting in this new tournament has level 140 Spider-mans. It's driving me nuts because I want to max out my own dumb Spider-man already :smith:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

PotatoManJack posted:

Quick question from a newer player:

I've only gotten 1 Wolverine to date (the ** one) but was able to get top 45 in the Ares PvP which gave me a Patch cover. I'm out of roster spots, and so am I better off dropping the wolverine for now and replacing it with the Patch or holding onto the Wolvy in the thinking that I'll be able to pull 2 star covers more easily?

Never get rid of Wolverine. You'll get tons of them as the game goes on. Just make sure you don't give him too many reds.. I think optimal loadout is 5/3/5. I'm betting Patch will be far rarer, at least in the beginning.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's amazing how boring this game gets without a Hunt event going on. My usual routine has been to wake up and play a little MPQ before getting up as I'm working on call and need to wait for the phone to ring. The last two mornings I logged in, cleared all my freebies, saw the only event was a PVP one it was way too early to start and quit.

This game should have some sort of Hunt style PVE event seven days a week. Or at least Puzzle & Dragons style daily dungeons.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And as if on cue, Lightning Rounds.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Not looking forward to them implementing penalties for skipping fights... every one of my PVP fights is "maxed out Spidey/Thor/Wolverine/Storm", I don't want to fight guys with level 140 Spiderman thanks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

delfin posted:

And as if on cue, Lightning Rounds.

Too late! I'm out of bed and up for the day with better things to do/games to play.

You missed your window Marvel Puzzle Quest! :argh:

Edit: Hit the skip button on PVP entirely. You'll be happier for it.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 21, 2014

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eh, PVP for getting to the heroic token and other tokens isn't too bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Decided to try tanking a Lightning Round to see if it makes anything easier on me. Went into a match with my mighty team of Bagman, Bullseye and Doom. Ended up winning :smug:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You know, there's something funny about Patch being bugged. There's a joke there, but I'm too tired and ill (and lazy) to think of it.

fake e: Wait, I got something. I guess most of their patches so far have had bugs, ha ha ha.

real edit: update's up, by the way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm liking this tournament. Get to bust out Storm Modern again. If it werent for her abysmal hp pool I'd use her more normally since her power set is pretty fun to use.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SynthOrange posted:

I'm liking this tournament. Get to bust out Storm Modern again. If it werent for her abysmal hp pool I'd use her more normally since her power set is pretty fun to use.

I can't stand using anyone with under 5k hps, which might be unreasonable since 3k characters are usually safe. Anyone under 3k can get taken out by a bad cascade and some ability activations and that's irritating. There are so many fun characters that get dropped so easily.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I really hope they don't implement that "Skipping costs IP" they want to do. This Divine Champions tournament is pretty poo poo when the only two characters you have is Thor and Modern Storm (got a few more hours left to scrounge up 25 HP so I can get another roster slot for Ares before I sell him). If I start losing IP because I don't want to pit Lv 42 Storm against people over Lv 45 then I'm done with this game.

Also, I use only iOS and I've been getting a Daily Challenge every day.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

The 2.5 or 3 day tournaments are really stupid because the winning move is to join a bracket as late as your schedule permits and blasting through to wherever progression reward you want to hit. It means when lightning rounds aren't going on there's nothing to do besides I guess S.H.I.E.L.D. training or whatever.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, even though I said just yesterday that I wouldn't go mad over a tournament again, I did it the very next day. There's another nice and shiny new Red Ares cover secured, time for the crabs. Nothing I'm too fussed about in the rank prizes, except for some of the Punisher ones, which I'm probably not going to get even if I try.

Also, gently caress your Divine Champions, Wolverine can fight them just as well as he fights anyone else. (As in he makes a load of Strike Tiles while hiding behind a big beefy meathead. I guess usually he's his own beefy meathead, but buff Thor is still amazing). Thor/Ares/Wolverine is very nice.

But if they do implement an Iso cost for skipping I probably will stop caring about those sorts of prizes so much.

Also I was wondering how Storm fit into this tournament theme and then I realised it wasn't about the theme, it was about the special tokens for this tournament having some poo poo prizes too. Sure, Rags and Loki aren't very good either, but at least they don't get thrown at you like they're going out of fashion. Any poor sods get a Modern Storm from a Divine Champions Token yet? My freebie from the tournament was a Classic. :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

McDragon posted:

Also I was wondering how Storm fit into this tournament theme and then I realised it wasn't about the theme, it was about the special tokens for this tournament having some poo poo prizes too. Sure, Rags and Loki aren't very good either, but at least they don't get thrown at you like they're going out of fashion. Any poor sods get a Modern Storm from a Divine Champions Token yet? My freebie from the tournament was a Classic. :negative:

Storm may be many things, but when she was in her native Africa as a young woman she was worshipped as a goddess.

Then White Man From Town came and took her away to help him search for mutants he'd sent to their deaths misplaced.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Also Loki gave Storm a hammer similar to Thor's and Storm became the Goddess of Thunder.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mania posted:

Also Loki gave Storm a hammer similar to Thor's and Storm became the Goddess of Thunder.

I love comic book sound effects. I assume Storm is shouting that WHABOOM BADA BOOM!

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
So, are lightning rounds bugged again or is it just me? I know a few other people were reporting it last week as well.

Hood is showing 999hp when he should be ~3000, dr doom should be ~4000 at level 15, etc. They're only getting a 25% buff it seems and it used to be what, 300%?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

iRend posted:

So, are lightning rounds bugged again or is it just me? I know a few other people were reporting it last week as well.

Hood is showing 999hp when he should be ~3000, dr doom should be ~4000 at level 15, etc. They're only getting a 25% buff it seems and it used to be what, 300%?

Aside from the lightning rounds when I had just started (back in December, when the IM40 tourney was going on) it's always been like that for me.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I don't know about the bonuses, but for a semi new player these lightning rounds are a godsend for grinding iso in short bursts. Playing for progression rewards and not worrying about rank, you can make about 1000 iso with 4 or 5 quick matches every 2 hours if you choose not to use boosts.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 22, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They get 80% bonus now instead of the ridiculous 200% they had before.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm torn on Divine Champions. I could use both OBW and Punisher covers. That said, I sure could loving use some Thor covers. I basically only have whatever covers you get from the PVE missions so mine is maxed at 37 and here is everyone rocking 60+ Thors that are boosted are scary fuckers.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm torn on Divine Champions. I could use both OBW and Punisher covers. That said, I sure could loving use some Thor covers. I basically only have whatever covers you get from the PVE missions so mine is maxed at 37 and here is everyone rocking 60+ Thors that are boosted are scary fuckers.

My Thor is stuck at 30 so I'm with you on needing covers badly. I just got a 2nd Punisher cover from a heroic token from the daily rewards but i think I would prefer the OBW ones from Divine Champions.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The OP references "buying boosts" with crystal. This isn't a thing is it? Was it earlier in the life of the game?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

silvergoose posted:

The OP references "buying boosts" with crystal. This isn't a thing is it? Was it earlier in the life of the game?

You can do that. When you run out of a particular boost you can buy three more for 100 or 200 ISO.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
So in Divine Champions, I attacked some guy who is at 1100 points when I was at about 250 points getting me over 40. He retailiates and I lose 1 whole point and get a retaliation back for 49. Why do people even bother retaliating against lower ranks?

And back on the Thor covers thing, I feel like I am at a catch 22. There are two covers sitting there taunting me in the SHIELD Training progression rewards, but I kind of need more Thor covers to get there as Iron Man 35 just doesn't really cut it once I get to about 1000 points.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
Looks like they're nerfing Thor and Wolvie next.

As long as they don't touch my precious OBW, i'm all good with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Friendly Fire posted:

My Thor is stuck at 30 so I'm with you on needing covers badly. I just got a 2nd Punisher cover from a heroic token from the daily rewards but i think I would prefer the OBW ones from Divine Champions.

Yeah I ended up working my way up to the 50HP progression reward and just yielded my way down to #46.