Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

CapitanAmerica posted:

I wanted to show this to someone but I really didn't know who. This is %100 authenticly from my facebook stream a couple months ago and I've been holding on to it ever since because the :stare: is just....no words.

Wait, I didn't know there was a mainstream sect of Christianity that taught that curses could harm things.

vvvvvv

emptyspace posted:

If praying over things promotes bacteria growth, why would you pray over food you're about to eat?

Probiotics?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
If praying over things promotes bacteria growth, why would you pray over food you're about to eat?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Wait, I didn't know there was a mainstream sect of Christianity that taught that curses could harm things.

vvvvvv

Probiotics?

A Christian science class that involves "blessings" and "curses" is in no way mainstream Christianity.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

muscles like this? posted:

A Christian science class that involves "blessings" and "curses" is in no way mainstream Christianity.

I know right, most congregations don't even have a level 1 priest capable of casting bless. And if they did they're certainly not wasting one of their 2 or 3 spells per day on some homeschooler's science fair project.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

"Racism is over."

"Let's not talk about race."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Why can I smell blood all of a sudden?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Didn't notice that it was Sarah Palin until it was quoted repeatedly. Goddamn.

Every time she does anything newsworthy, it's like she's Alaskan Peggy Hill with no redeeming qualities.

edit: googled "sarah palin peggy hill" and that is apparently a thing. don't know how i didn't catch that sooner

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jesus Christ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe someone can refresh my memory as to WHEN exactly Obama "played the race card." Other than the fact that he is a black politician, which I guess is reason enough for Republicans.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
To them playing the race card is discussing race issues in america

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

TheQat posted:

To them playing the race card is discussing race issues in america

Reminding the GOP of the Southern Strategy is "playing the race card", as far as they're concerned. But it's perfectly OK when they say (and I do love bringing this up every time a GOP talking head accuses someone else of the "race card") that black Republicans are more "really" black than black Democrats.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He's black when they need him to be, and white when they need him to be. He is the Ikaruga of presidents.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Reminding the GOP of the Southern Strategy is "playing the race card", as far as they're concerned. But it's perfectly OK when they say (and I do love bringing this up every time a GOP talking head accuses someone else of the "race card") that black Republicans are more "really" black than black Democrats.
Conservatives have started just flat-out refusing to acknowledge the Southern Strategy. I'm used to "it existed but let me whitesplain how it wasn't so bad" before, but I've started encountering people who just won't discuss it. It's magical.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Maybe someone can refresh my memory as to WHEN exactly Obama "played the race card." Other than the fact that he is a black politician, which I guess is reason enough for Republicans.

Did you ever see that episode of Archer where Lana is suspicious of the new guy and everyone assumes it's because he's black and accuses her of being racist, and when she responds with "But I'm black!" they're like "Oh put it back in the deck" ?

Every discussion of Obama's race with Republicans is like that
:clint: Obama only got elected because he's black!
:confused: You don't think it has anything to do with the GOP's racist comments, like that one?
:clint: Gawd listen to yourself, liberals are obsessed with race!

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I say that the cartoon about objectively profligate and horrible people who do massive amounts of damage to the people and property around them is a better allegory for Palin republicans than Peggy Hill (who means well but is legit just ignorant and full of herself)

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Finally someone has the balls to come out and say it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
To a whole lot of people, the fact that Obama said, "If I'd had a son, he'd have looked like Trayvon" was incendiary race-baiting of the most detestable sort.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Snowman Crossing posted:

Holy poo poo, even if done ironically why would someone (Jen Yufelct) post that with their real name attached? Also can't tell if it is sincere or not.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

LunarShadow posted:

Holy poo poo, even if done ironically why would someone (Jen Yufelct) post that with their real name attached? Also can't tell if it is sincere or not.

It's sincere.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Snowman Crossing posted:

"Show some respect, people!"
Commenter posts incredibly racist, paranoid screed.

Do they not know what they are saying or something?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Snowman Crossing posted:

no white = no respect

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Something changes when you've personally been within grasping distance of the presidency. You can say idiotic things as a councilman, congressman, even governor (with the right cadre to spin and manage outcomes), and it ultimately won't matter much in the long term to those not seriously interested in history and politics. You stop getting passes for being an idiot when all your idiotic opinions could cause assassinations and inform federal standards. Palin presidency will no doubt inspire depressing speculative fiction.

She should forever be judged through the lens of "What if McCain had a stroke and her opinions actually mattered, to everyone on earth?" Because we really had the possibility of a bumpkin as president. One little gently caress-up in Obama's past and it was theirs. Like GWB without the money, initial intelligence, Ivy-League education, and lifelong grooming for power. The greatest handlers couldn't keep her functional for an entire four-year term. "New clear power" every week, making important choices, for the entire planet.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
This isn't exactly a chain email, but is close enough I think it fits. The local Klan scattered hundreds of these around town. On MLK day.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Snowman Crossing posted:

Happy Belated Martin Luther King Day everyone!

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mister Bates posted:

This isn't exactly a chain email, but is close enough I think it fits. The local Klan scattered hundreds of these around town. On MLK day.

If you cut out the direct references to the KKK, this reads exactly like a freep post.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

August 4, 1961 8:42 pm Kenyan Standard Time

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Blarghalt posted:

If you cut out the direct references to the KKK, this reads exactly like a freep post.

The book it's talking about is published by "WND Books". Yes, that WND.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 21, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Please, please take a screenshot with their real name and email it to their place of employment.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Breadallelogram posted:

Honestly, what do we gain by killing these people? I don't see the point.

In the first instance: you get rid of a rallying point and organizer for violent political movements; particularly if they are in fact centered on an individual and you do it quickly. Though exile might work almost as well.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Agents are GO! posted:

Please, please take a screenshot with their real name and email it to their place of employment.

I really hope he does this because that's probably the only way this bullshit will ever stop- naming and shaming.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Snowman Crossing posted:

I love "I'd agree completely if we didn't have [a center-right democrat]" so Jen there can preëmptively close off accusations of hypocrisy if a Republican gets elected in 2016 and magically once again any criticism of the President or his policies means you hate America and you want the terrorists to win.
:ughh:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

VitalSigns posted:

I love "I'd agree completely if we didn't have [a center-right democrat]" so Jen there can preëmptively close off accusations of hypocrisy if a Republican gets elected in 2016 and magically once again any criticism of the President or his policies means you hate America and you want the terrorists to win.
:ughh:

I wonder what their excuse will be if Hillary runs and wins.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

This comes up all the time in right wing lunatic circles. :supaburn: THE RACE CARD :supaburn:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Swan Oat posted:

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

This comes up all the time in right wing lunatic circles. :supaburn: THE RACE CARD :supaburn:

The race card is 'black people are, in fact, human' or 'they're not just one giant hivemind.'

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.

I believe Palin was responding to this story:

quote:

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, which was posted on the publication’s website yesterday and appears in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,” Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he’s been in office.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ugh put it back in the deck, Obama.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Knight posted:

Conservatives have started just flat-out refusing to acknowledge the Southern Strategy. I'm used to "it existed but let me whitesplain how it wasn't so bad" before, but I've started encountering people who just won't discuss it. It's magical.

yup

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

You know how there's always that email forward about how there should be a new Constitutional amendment so that "any new laws will always equally apply to Senators and Congressmen", or even the one about "no law shall be passed that's longer than a few pages"?

It's getting to the point where there should be a Constitutional amendment acknowledging that the Southern Strategy was a thing and that Republicans used to be Democrats and vice-versa, right alongside a Constitutional amendment that doesn't really do anything except tell people that the First Amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

gradenko_2000 posted:

You know how there's always that email forward about how there should be a new Constitutional amendment so that "any new laws will always equally apply to Senators and Congressmen", or even the one about "no law shall be passed that's longer than a few pages"?

It's getting to the point where there should be a Constitutional amendment acknowledging that the Southern Strategy was a thing and that Republicans used to be Democrats and vice-versa, right alongside a Constitutional amendment that doesn't really do anything except tell people that the First Amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

Alternatively, a return to funding a decent standard of public education that included comprehensive lessons in social sciences would likely do the goddamn trick.