Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

tmi question: does anyone else not sleep at all the night before they get their period? i get this sudden rush of energy right before mine and stay awake for like 36 hours straight. it makes me wildly productive too, so it kind of owns. obviously it also makes me a raging war machine but that's pretty standard

is this normal or am i an alien

I wish I got energy. I just get awful period farts. And my face breaks out like I were 16 but I am 36 and SO OVER BREAKOUTS.

E: my face breaks out. Not beaks out. Dunno which is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
beaking out would be kind of cool

i like how periods wreak different types of havoc with every body, we're such miraculous and enigmatic creatures

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

pixelbaron posted:

according to the hit show cops drugs are stored in the vagina

This is true. I've seen this IRL. Lady had a couple of 20s and some percosets up in there in a baggie only it was a hospital and not cops. She let us have them voluntarily, I did not have to assist her in this matter.

I keep my drugs in my stomach but they tend to dissolve so I have to keep replenishing the stomach-stash every so often but eh what can you do.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Also just cover your farts with a loud fake sneeze.

This is awesome advice and I will implement it posthaste.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Also my husband's iphone just made a weird noise that woke me up at 4 a.m. ... argh.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

grapey posted:

Also my husband's iphone just made a weird noise that woke me up at 4 a.m. ... argh.
a fart?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

grapey posted:

It's definitely another woman trying to organize a booty call with your man you better snoop his phone and see what it was

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I am sad now because my first thought on "after midnight booty call" is "gently caress you, I'm sleeping".

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's definitely another woman trying to organize a booty call with your man you better snoop his phone and see what it was

I wish it would be other women. With Mr.Kitty it's always a drunk or in trouble sailor because his job is like having 17 kids of drinking age, a few who cannot handle the responsibility. One of those kids is 42. And he never hears his phone.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

I am sad now because my first thought on "after midnight booty call" is "gently caress you, I'm sleeping".

If you call a guy late at night with te intention of it being a booty call and he's not out the door before 15 seconds then he's a loser and you should delete his number from your phone. Dudes should always be on call like an emt

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you call a guy late at night with te intention of it being a booty call and he's not out the door before 15 seconds then he's a loser and you should delete his number from your phone. Dudes should always be on call like an emt

This is an excellent opinion and I approve of this quoted post.

Edit: Except if I'm sleeping. And if I'm calling you during the hours one would usually be sleeping? I'm probably Ambien-dialing and no good will come of this so this is the one and ONLY time I am giving a guy the option to just ignore me.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

This is an excellent opinion and I approve of this quoted post.

Edit: Except if I'm sleeping. And if I'm calling you during the hours one would usually be sleeping? I'm probably Ambien-dialing and no good will come of this so this is the one and ONLY time I am giving a guy the option to just ignore me.

a real gentleman would have already been out the door and on the way over before you even incoherently mumbled your third sentence

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I appreciate and admire your enthusiasm.

This one time in college I called a guy and he's all "Iuno I was going to the gym" and I'm like you dumbass, it's a 24 hour gym it will still be there are you able to read between the lines here or are you just stupid?

Anyway I was hurt and disappointed for like 10 minutes then I deleted his number (off my pager, all the cool kids had one) and then he decided he didn't like me ignoring him after all and turned into a really persistent and annoying douchebag and then I graduated and here we are today.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I'm cranky because both my MMOs picked Today and Now to do full 8h downtime/restarts/whatever it is they do. Hrmph.

Wow that sounds neckbeardy. Not one, but two MMOs. I haven't played TOR in months if that redeems me in any way (right, probably doesn't).

Thora fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 21, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i played ultima online for nine years, you'll have no judgement from me

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i still play the original duke nukem sometimes :blush:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Thora posted:

I'm cranky because both my MMOs picked Today and Now to do full 8h downtime/restarts/whatever it is they do. Hrmph.

Wow that sounds neckbeardy. Not one, but two MMOs. I haven't played TOR in months if that redeems me in any way (right, probably doesn't).

play some civ 5 and those eight hours will fly by

back when I played online games a lot (runescape and WoW) I always made sure to have a non-online game to pass the time if the internet cut out

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
people in auspol have talked about how tropico is a good game. given that my prefernce is yoshi's story on n64 and playing age of empires not for war but for civ development and have a beater laptop will this game be a good fit for me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

people in auspol have talked about how tropico is a good game. given that my prefernce is yoshi's story on n64 and playing age of empires not for war but for civ development and have a beater laptop will this game be a good fit for me
i stayed friends with this one girl for years even though we had like nothing in common and i'm 99% sure it was because she had an n64 and it was my only access to yoshi's story (and the original super smash bros)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I only play one, and I'm a newbie. But that's because I had a lot of friends addicted to Star Wars Galaxies back in the day and swore off computer gaming. Now I'm kind of wishing I had a better graphics card. I'm envious of non-newbies. I feel like I missed out on an era.

Edit:

Avshalom posted:

i stayed friends with this one girl for years even though we had like nothing in common and i'm 99% sure it was because she had an n64 and it was my only access to yoshi's story (and the original super smash bros)

I got a N64 for xmas, but can't make it work. I have Majora's Mask and I'm REALLY sad. Also WaveRace and GoldenEye.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
NYAAA NYANYANYA NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

I loved aoe as a kid but I was terrible at it because I never wanted to go to war I just wanted to build cool cities and stuff

if you liked aoe for civ development rather than war then I have the game for you.......... civ 5

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
holy poo poo someone uploaded them playing a whole story in yoshi's story on youtube brb gonna smoke some herb and watch the gently caress out of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMlFFzeDCWQ

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Portals posted:

I loved aoe as a kid but I was terrible at it because I never wanted to go to war I just wanted to build cool cities and stuff

if you liked aoe for civ development rather than war then I have the game for you.......... civ 5

RIGHT?! gently caress war man, let's all build blacksmiths and unis

when i have a sweet gaming rig i will play all the civ games

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 4, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i forgot my father believes in woo and told him about my recurring dream and now he legit thinks i'm possessed by the restless ghost of ariel sharon

what a fate

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
seriously though there is nothing worse than having a family member who's into woo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"oh let's all gather around and read the horoscopes like a bunch of loving idiots then it's time for some light chelation before our gluten-free toxin-free sugar-free dairy-free breakfast"

jesus christ

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Portals posted:

I always made sure to have a non-online game to pass the time if the internet cut out

Same reasoning for 2 MMOs. There was a period of time where the Whirlwind Battlegroup on WoW was intermittently offline and doing productive things with your time is for losers.

Poopkitty posted:

Now I'm kind of wishing I had a better graphics card.

I am buying both a desktop and laptop in time for the next WoW expansion. Neither of them currently are optimized for gaming. I have to run the destop with everything set to "low" in WoW and ToR, and sometimes that isn't even enough for ToR. My laptop overheats and slows to 1 fps on 20 man bgs in WoW, and has the opinion of "haha, no" when it comes to ToR. It loads then locks up.

Thora fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 21, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

amarantinesky posted:

I want to eat cocoa puffs for breakfast in your honor.
please do

i like to inspire acts of goodness

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

amarantinesky posted:

I slept for maybe 4 hours and couldn't get back to sleep so I looked up people on facebook and considered how much more awesome their lives are and how much they have accomplished.

I think the opposite. A while back I looked up guys from high school who I thought were cute and wouldn't give me the time of day and I'll be kind and say they haven't aged well. Likewise with the women who are have multiple divorces and kids under their belts, and work as "self employed" doing the latest pyramid scam. As much as I complain and whine about things, I know I've got it good and more than a handful of people wish they could trade places with me :smuggo:

Besides, how do you know they're not reading your profile and thinking the same thing? Perception is a bitch.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

amarantinesky posted:

Actually tbh I'm probably not going to eat anything because pouring cereal or making oatmeal is hard :effort:
i can't help you with any of the other stuff but i insist that you eat! not having breakfast will make you feel worse

do it for me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

Same reasoning for 2 MMOs. There was a period of time where the Whirlwind Battlegroup on WoW was intermittently offline and doing productive things with your time is for losers.

I am buying both a desktop and laptop in time for the next WoW expansion. Neither of them currently are optimized for gaming. I have to run the destop with everything set to "low" in WoW and ToR, and sometimes that isn't even enough for ToR. My laptop overheats and slows to 1 fps on 20 man bgs in WoW, and has the opinion of "haha, no" when it comes to ToR. It loads then locks up.

Maybe you girls shoul play good games like dark souls

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

amarantinesky posted:

Actually tbh I'm probably not going to eat anything because pouring cereal or making oatmeal is hard :effort:

Eating peanut butter out of the jar is easy. And yay protein! Right? Because that's what I had for dinner. It's natural unsalted, so it's good for me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

poopkitty posted:

Eating peanut butter out of the jar is easy. And yay protein! Right? Because that's what I had for dinner. It's natural unsalted, so it's good for me.
haha i like you

this is me at least twice per week

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Spanish Manlove posted:

My buddy wants me to play Eve. Is Eve good? It's space, but when they talk it's like another language.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

i play the greatest game of all

our lord and saviour jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is it a first person shooter? Those make me motion sick even thinking about it.

I'd have to do it on Windows because I don't have a console. Is it worth it on a PC?

• Locked thread