Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Justin Ellis is my sleeper NT pick now that the Texans officially hired Crennel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego State:

QB: Ryan Lindley (ARI)
RB: Ronnie Hillman (DEN)
WR: Vincent Brown (SD)
WR: Brice Butler (OAK)
WR: Kassim Osgood (SF)
TE: Gavin Escobar (DAL)
OL:
OL:
OG: Nik Embernate (PIT)
OG:
C:

DT:
DT:
DE:
DE:
LB: Russell Allen (JAC)
LB: Heath Farwell (SEA)
LB: Miles Burris (OAK)
CB: Leon McFadden (CLE)
CB:
FS:
SS:

K:
P:
LS: Aaron Brewer (DEN)

:smith:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grozz Nuy posted:

Garoppolo was mixed and did some good and bad things

Some of the tweets on Garoppolo seemed to make it sound like he looked really nervous so he was just rifling passes in every time vs doing anything resembling a touch pass, which seemed to be one of the prime complaints. He might do a bit better once he calms down.

Maybe he'll be like Farve and only be able to play reasonable football after he gets an int or two out of his system

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Marshall Faulk tho

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Elotana posted:

I know they're not drafted yet but put Manziel at QB and switch Tannehill back to slot WR with Evans out wide. We have a ton of DL in the league with Damontre Moore, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Johnny Jolly on top of who you named. Also we have Shane Lechler and Fat Randy on special teams. Pretty much nobody of note in the secondary outside of practice squaddies though, unless Toney Hurd catches on as a UDFA somewhere.

I wish I could add Swope to that. Concussions suck.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CBS posted:

Dane Brugler posted:
1. DT Aaron Donald was an unstoppable force on Monday. Like his play all season, the Pitt defensive tackle was extremely quick in drills and was relentless from snap to whistle. His burst and anticipation off the snap and active energy to fight through and around blocks make him tough for any blocker to handle. Donald repeatedly victimized Baylor OG Cyril Richardson at practice, winning with leverage, hustle and fluidity that Richardson has likely never seen before on the football field. Donald's skill-set is ideal for one-on-one drills so he should shine, but the NFL team that drafts him will get a really good football player.

2. I feel for the wide receivers on the North team due to the inconsistency from all three quarterbacks on the roster. Miami QB Stephen Morris, Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas and Clemson QB Tajh Boyd were all inconsistent on day one, which was almost expected after the up-and-down senior seasons of all three. Boyd in particular struggled with accuracy and his ball placement is a strong concern. Thomas threw a few pretty passes that hit receivers between the numbers, but other fastballs hit the ground or sailed over his intended target. The good news for this group? The only place to go from here is up.

3. Speaking of the wide receivers, I really like the group on the North team. The South squad might have the only senior wideout who ends up being drafted in the top-50 picks (Jordan Matthews), but the mid-round talent at receiver on the North is above average. Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis, Wyoming WR Robert Herron and Oregon WR Josh Huff all looked good on Monday before, after and during the catch. All three have a legitimate chance to be drafted in the top-100 and Monday reminded everyone why.

4. Ohio State OT Jack Mewhort lined up at right tackle and did an excellent job sinking his butt, digging his cleats in the ground and stonewalling rushers. He lined up across from North Carolina DE Kareem Martin (and his long 34 3/8” arms) several times and Mewhort did an excellent job combating hand moves and riding him past the pocket. The former Buckeye is built well for the right tackle position at 6-6 and 306 pounds and has shown consistent improvement from his underclassmen days.

5. Miami OT Seantrel Henderson continues to be a mystery. He flashed on Monday with his strong, heavy hands to punch and control rushers. But his snap anticipation and balance were up-and-down throughout drills. It's been said time and time again, but if a NFL coaching staff can get Henderson to play focused and ambitious, they'll land themselves a very good player. He is a player to watch this week to see how he responds to the instructions of the Falcons' coaching staff.

6. Linenwood CB Pierre Desir and Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste are both tall, long defensive backs who have the athleticism to turn and run with receivers downfield. They both did a nice job in press-man to get physical at the line of scrimmage and then ride the receiver through the route, although both got away with a little too much holding. Neither are elite when controlling their start/stop momentum, but neither are allergic to contact either. And with several teams who utilize press-man techniques on defense looking for the next Richard Sherman, both Desir and Jean-Baptiste are players to watch this week.

7. As I mentioned in my Senior Bowl preview, Northern Illinois S Jimmie Ward is the top safety prospect in Mobile this week in my opinion and he played like it on Monday. He overcame a few poor angles early and put together a good practice, showing off his foot quickness and aggressive instincts. A Mobile-native, Ward could make a case to be the top defensive back overall this week.

8. Louisiana Tech DT Justin Ellis picked up right where he left off last week at the Shrine Game, using his quickness and snap anticipation to surge past blockers before they were in a stance. He is a quick thinker and reacts well to what the blocker wants to do, either attacking with pure momentum or using a spin or sidestep move to get past him. Ellis, who weighed nine pounds lighter from the Shrine Game weigh-ins, has helped himself as much as anyone the past two weeks and shouldn't last long on the draft's third day.

9. Clemson OT Brandon Thomas played left tackle in college, but he projects better at guard where he can operate in a smaller space and that showed in practice on Monday. He measured in at 34 3/8” arms and will use that length to engage and bury defenders – just ask fellow ACC prospect DE James Gayle out of Virginia Tech who Thomas dominated a few times. But the former Clemson blocker also struggled in space during drills, bringing up questions on whether or not he should stay on the edges.

10. Yes, he plays on the South squad and this is a North practice review, but I feel compelled to mention North Dakota State OL Billy Turner. He lined up at guard and tackle during practice and showed off his quick feet, upper body strength and mean punch to handle rushers. If Turner can learn to consistently sink his hips and not bend so much at the waist, I truly believe there are several Pro Bowls in his future.

Rob Rang posted:
1. Of the South's quarterbacks, Fresno State's Derek Carr unquestionably possesses the best arm. The ball explodes out of his hand and caught a few of his new teammates by surprise with how quickly it got to them. Carr showed good anticipation, often delivering passes before his receivers turned back to look for the ball.

2. Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo continued the positive momentum he'd gained from the East-West Shrine Game with an impressive initial practice. While he does not possess Carr's howitzer, Garoppolo has a very quick set-up and release and frequently threw led his receivers away from defenders, showing better ball-placement than Carr on several of his throws.

3. On the defensive side of the ball, Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin demonsrated good speed and fluidity in coverage, as well as excellent leaping ability and timing to knock away passes.

4. Tennessee right tackle Ju'Wuan James hasn't received a lot of fanfare but he is a smooth athlete at 6-foot-6, 315 pounds. He was beaten on occasion but plays with terrific knee bend and got to the second level during scrimmages.

5. As impressive James was, arguably the most impressive offensive lineman of the day was North Dakota State's Billy Turner, who possesses a very similar build at 6-foot-5, 316 pounds. Unlike James, Turner struggles a bit with leverage, bending at the waist rather than the knees but he has strong hands and is a good athlete who projects as a quality NFL starter with a little refinement. His upside could push Turner into the top 100 picks, if he isn't there already.

6. Given his 6-foot-2, 243-pound frame, perhaps it isn't surprising that Auburn's Dee Ford was the most explosive of the South's pass-rushers but he certainly showed the burst to catch the attention of every scout in the stands. Ford is stronger than his size indicates and carried over the strong senior campaign that helped his Tigers qualify for the national championship game into Monday's practice.

7. While Ford played well, his former Auburn teammate, Chris Davis, struggled a bit fielding punts early in the practice. Davis has a tendency to allow the ball to hit his chest plate, which results in some double-clutching. Oklahoma's Jalen Saunders also struggled in this area. The former Sooners' star also dropped a couple of passes.

8. San Jose State quarterback David Fales is more of a gamer than a practice-guy but his lack of ideal arm-strength, unfortunately, stood out in comparison to Carr and, to a lesser-extent, Garoppolo. Fales telegraphed some throws (including a short pass over the middle that was intercepted by LSU linebacker Lamin Barrow) and his passes to the perimeter had too much air under them.

9. Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton didn't have the most impressive weigh-in but he showed off his athleticism with a terrific spin move to beat Arkansas center Travis Swanson (who was playing guard) during one-on-one drills late in practice.

10. Of the linebackers, I was most impressed with BYU's Kyle Van Noy, who frequently is lauded for his ability at the line of scrimmage but showed off his fluidity and instincts in coverage by closing quickly to bat away multliple passes.

This deserves another page of life.

Jack Mewhort OT, Jared Abbrederis WR and Pierre Desir CB are some of my favorite Late round prospects. Anyone of them in the 4th would be great.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Quandary posted:

I'm gonna need someone to photoshop those baby hands.

Pros: Fast, crisp routes, clean separation, good use of body at the point of attack
Cons: Freakishly small hands

mid-late 3rd round

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jake Locker to Jermaine Kearse, party like it's 2009 until Locker airmails balls and the one good pass he throws bounces off Kearse's stone hands.

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005
Here's Aaron Donald handling Cyril Richardson like he apparently did all day long, in case anyone is curious

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

warheadr posted:

Here's Aaron Donald handling Cyril Richardson like he apparently did all day long, in case anyone is curious

:stare: Dang. It's too bad Houston is moving away from the 1-gap with Crennel, Donald would make an awesome replacement for Ninja.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Hahahahaha

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

GNU Order posted:

Pros: Fast, crisp routes, clean separation, good use of body at the point of attack
Cons: Freakishly small hands

mid-late 3rd round

This is definitely exactly what I was looking for.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I really like Stanley Jean-Baptiste and would be thrilled if the Dolphins took him

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Did Kasen Williams declare or is he smart?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I doubt Miami would take him in the first. Do we cut ties with will Davis? Are we making grimes a priority? (I hope so!)

I strongly believe we are going after a few mid level free agents for the offensive line, and then drafting an OT in the first.

I also foresee some player turnover via surprise trades. New GM has to get what philbin wants

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Haha yeah check this out:

University of North Texas:

QB:
RB: Lance Dunbar (DAL)
RB2: Jamize Olawale (OAK)
WR:
WR:
WR:
TE:
OL:
OL:
OG: Brian Waters (DAL)
OG:
C:

DT:
DT:
DE:
DE:
LB:
LB: Craig Robertson (CLE)
LB:
CB:
CB:
FS:
SS:

K:
P:
LS:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

San Diego State:

QB: Ryan Lindley (ARI)
RB: Ronnie Hillman (DEN)
WR: Vincent Brown (SD)
WR: Brice Butler (OAK)
WR: Kassim Osgood (SF)
TE: Gavin Escobar (DAL)
OL:
OL:
OG: Nik Embernate (PIT)
OG:
C:

DT:
DT:
DE:
DE:
LB: Russell Allen (JAC)
LB: Heath Farwell (SEA)
LB: Miles Burris (OAK)
CB: Leon McFadden (CLE)
CB:
FS:
SS:

K:
P:
LS: Aaron Brewer (DEN)

:smith:

I thought Pitt might have a decent team, but they really dont. If you combine SDSU and Pitt, you would still have a terrible team with some decent skill players. And no safeties or DT. and 3 OL - can we play with Arena rules?

WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - John Baldwin
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Larod Stevens-Howling
QB - Joe Flacco (technicality!)
OT
OT
OG - Mike McGlynn
OG - Lucas Nix
C
TE - Nate Byham

DE - Jabaal Seard
DE
DT
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Shawntea Spencer
S
S
MLB
OLB
OLB
LB

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 21, 2014

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Did Kasen Williams declare or is he smart?

Haven't heard anything about him declaring, which is good because:

1. He kinda sucks at this point, even on the college level
2. He's recovering from a broken leg

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

VT Hokies: I think it'd be a decent team outside of the offensive line where we have one guy of note in the pros.

QB: Michael Vick
HB: I dunno we've had plenty of guys drafted none of whom have done much, Lee Suggs/Kevin Jones maybe? Ryan Williams/David Wilson both were highly drafted. :shrug:
OL: Duane Brown
OL: Will Montgomery
WR: David Clowney
WR: Eddie Royal
TE: Jeff King

DE: Bruce Smith
DE: Daryl Tapp
DE: Cornell Brown
DT:
DT:
LB: James Anderson
LB: Xavier Adibi
CB: Brandon Flowers
CB: D'HALL
S: Vincent Fuller

K: Shayne Graham

I'm sure I'm missing some notable guys, but those are the most memorable names I can think of. It'd be an alright collection of players.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

OperaMouse posted:

Nice offseason thread: build a team with current NFL players who played at your college.

Lets see here. Rochester Institute of Technology

*crickets*

What about in other leagues?

*crickets*

What about Coaches?

-Tom Coughlin

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Florida:

QB1: Sexy Rexy
QB2/FB: Tim Tebow
RB: Jeff Demps
RB: Mike Gillislee
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: David Nelson/Riley Cooper
LT: Marcus Gilbert
LG: Pouncey #1
C: Pouncey #2
RG: Xavier Nixon
RT: Max Starks
TE: Aaron Hernandez (net guilty yet!)
TE: Jordan Reed

DL: Carlos Dunlap
DL: Sharriff Floyd
DL: Ray McDonald
DL: Jeremy Mincey
OLB: Jon Bostic
MLB: Brandon Spikes
OLB: Jelani Jenkins
CB: Joe Haden
CB:
FS: Reggie Nelson/Ahmad Black
SS: Matt Elam/Major Right

K: Caleb Sturgis
KR: Demps or Rainey
P:

Stacked at some positions, bereft at others.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Lets see here. Rochester Institute of Technology

*crickets*

What about in other leagues?

*crickets*

What about Coaches?

-Tom Coughlin

Does Jerheme Urban count? No? Not current anymore? Okay then yeah.

fake edit: oh apparently he's actually our school's head football coach now, neat I guess

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina:

QB: lol
RB: Marcus Lattimore
FB: Patrick DiMarco
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Ace Sanders
WR: Sidney Rice
TE: Jared Cook
OL: Travelle Wharton
OL: Jamon Meredith

DE: Devin Taylor
LB: Jasper Brinkley
LB: Melvin Ingram
LB: John Abraham
CB: Stephon Gilmore
CB: Dunta Robinson
CB: Captain Munnerlyn
S: DJ Swearinger
S: Antonio Allen

K: Ryan Succop
P: Spencer Lanning

Eh. By far, our most successful talent is on defense. There's a chunk of guys I didn't list here, but they're mostly reserves or practice squad players.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 21, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I forgot we were doing current players and looked up Steve Spurrier. Man he was bad.

But he did have a better completion percentage than Tebow (at 51.9). I always forget just how inaccurate Tebow was in the NFL until I look it up.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
I'm starting to get a draft crush on Garoppolo, I hope he falls to the second so he can sit for a few years behind Cutler. :allears:

You'll always have a place in my heart McCown but we all know you are destined to fleece some dumb team for a 4 year contract.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

swickles posted:

Florida:

CB:

P:

does Janoris Jenkins count?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

Florida:

CB:

P:

You forgot one Cameron Newton

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Intruder posted:

You forgot one Cameron Newton

yeah, if i can sneak flacco into Pitt then Cam Newton should be QB1 for Florida

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas:

QB:
RB:
FB: Toben Oporum
WR: Dezmon Briscoe
WR:
T: Tanner Hawkinson
LG:
C:
RG:
T: Anthony Collins
TE:
TE:

DL:
DL:
DL:
DL:
LB: Steven Johnson
LB:
LB:
CB: Chris Harris
CB: Aqib Talib
S: Darrell Stuckey
S: Bradley McDougald

K:
KR:
P:

School of pros.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Jaguars have a live stream of some of the Senor Bowl stuff. They're interviewing a couple guys right now with practices going on behind. Pretty cool of them

http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kerry Meier hasn't officially retired yet!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Kerry Meier hasn't officially retired yet!

ESPN forgot, apparently.

BTW, I can't tell you how happy this news makes me.

Dios Cassius
Jan 24, 2006
there's two kinds of women - those you write poems about, and those you don't
Penn State

QB: Matt McGloin (OAK)
RB: Evan Royster (WASH)
RB2: Michael Zordich (CAR)
FB: Michael Robinson (SEA)
WR: Derek Moye (PITT)
WR: Uhhhhhh (UHH)
TE: Andrew Quarless (GB)
TE2: Andrew Szczerba (ATL)
OT: Levi Brown (PITT)
G: Johnnie Troutman (SD)
C: AQ Shipley (BAL)

DE: Cameron Wake (MIA)
DT: Devon Still (CIN)
DT: Jordan Hill (SEA)
DE: Jared Odrick (MIA)
LB: NaVorro Bowman (SF)
LB: Tamba Hali (KC)
LB: Sean Lee (DAL)
LB: Paul Posluszny (JAX)
LB: Dan Connor (CAR)
LB: Gerald Hodges (MIN)
LB: Mike Mauti (MIN)
LB: Josh Hull (WASH)
LB: Nate Stupar (JAX)

K: Robbie Gould (CHI)

Ummm anyone wanna trade a few linebackers for a corner or a safety?

I once had a class with Andrew Szczerba and he was extremely quiet, and until just now had no idea he played for the Falcons.

Dios Cassius fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 21, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

yeah, if i can sneak flacco into Pitt then Cam Newton should be QB1 for Florida

Its probably tough for a Florida fan to bite his tongue and put down a qb who won Auburn a championship as a representative of his school

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
LSU:

QB: Matt Flynn
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Brandon LaFell/Reuben Randle
RB: Steven Ridley
FB: Spencer Ware
T: Andrew Whitworth
T: Joe Barksdale :confused:
G: Uh
G: Uhh
C: Uhhhhhh
TE: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DE: Lavar Edwards
DT: Kyle Williams
DT: Michael Brockers
DE: Al Woods
LB: Barkevious Mingo
LB: Kevin Minter
LB: Kelvin Sheppard
LB: Perry Riley
CB: Morris Claiborne
CB: Patrick Peterson
S: Eric Reid
S: Tyrann Mathieu

P: Donnie Jones
K: :geno:
Ret: Trindon Holliday :flashfact:

Well, uh, at least we have defense/special teams on lockdown, eh? :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Azhais posted:

The Jaguars have a live stream of some of the Senor Bowl stuff. They're interviewing a couple guys right now with practices going on behind. Pretty cool of them

http://www.jaguars.com/live/

And like all things Jaguars it isn't working atm.

Sounds like Kyle Van Noy is kicking rear end at the practices. Glad to see him doing well, I've been really impressed with him for a while.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Brad Wing is way cooler play him at punter

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
My college's team is just Larry Allen by himself. That's probably enough though.

Carl Peterson can coach Larry though.

creamcorn fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 21, 2014

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

CSU Long Beach:

poo poo this isnt the baseball thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Groucho Marxist posted: