Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Liz and Liz are the least exaggerated characters of any that have appeared on CBB. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Liz and Liz are the least exaggerated characters of any that have appeared on CBB. I love it.

Theenk you.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It's based off their neems.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kroll and Slate are great as are PubLizity but I've found both of the Taran/Paul eps too busy and messy to get in to.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Any episode where Scott derails the improv with maths to this extent worms its way into my heart

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I really liked today's ep, it was so silly. All the math problems, the horse births and funerals, it was great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a couple improv people coming up with fake names than I did at this episode.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Kroll and Slate episode didn't do much for me and I stopped listening at some point, but today's episode had me in stitches. The absurdity of descending the horse fighting rabbit hole was fantastic.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

anotherone posted:

Good episode if only for the absolutely flawless Van Hammersly reference.

Two, actually. I really love that Scott drops the "Papa's Delicate Condition" reference to that sketch, and not only is it recognized, but it gets matched with "If Mandy Patinkin Was A Horse".

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

thefncrow posted:

Two, actually. I really love that Scott drops the "Papa's Delicate Condition" reference to that sketch, and not only is it recognized, but it gets matched with "If Mandy Patinkin Was A Horse".

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't get those references. I just heard them and thought "those sound familiar, they must have been real horse names". I'm the worst Mr. Show fan. :(

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

thefncrow posted:

Yeah exactly, it was great but maybe not so surprising that Scott had that queued up but impressive that it was answered so quickly.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I missed those. When were the references made?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

RandomPauI posted:

I missed those. When were the references made?

When one of the guys is talking about having to whisper in the horse's ear to inspire it to punching, he can't come up for a name of a horse that's talking poo poo about the other horse, which is where Scott suggests "Papa's Delicate Condition".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doh, I got the episodes mixed up. I thought we were still talking about the one done at LA Riot.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

SlowlyChoking posted:

On the other hand I thought Taran Killam and Paul Brittain did an awesome job this time. Their first appearance I didn't enjoy that much, but the thought of two full sized horses punching each other to death had me cracking up pretty hard.

Same here. Embarrassed myself on public transport at the points where they were acting out the horses dying.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Same here. Embarrassed myself on public transport at the points where they were acting out the horses dying.
Folks, you gotta laugh!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Apparently Saucerman is on @Midnight tonight. I've never seen the show, but this'll probably be my litmus test to see how many zany Chris Hardwick nerd references I can handle over one half hour.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

More like how many unfunny puns you can handle. That show nukes my Twitter feed every night.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Apparently Saucerman is on @Midnight tonight. I've never seen the show, but this'll probably be my litmus test to see how many zany Chris Hardwick nerd references I can handle over one half hour.

It's really good. Great even. A lot of people in the @Midnight TVIV thread also had irrational hatred towards Chris Hardwick but they all seem to love it regardless.

Scott Aukerman has been on the show at least once before, possibly twice? And you can watch all the past eps on the Comedy Central website. PFT has also been on a couple times, along with other CBB/Earwolf/LA podcast scene favorites.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
How much of @Midnight is prewritten? The show has a pool of comedy writers but the main appeal to me is that the comedians are improvising.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

How much of @Midnight is prewritten? The show has a pool of comedy writers but the main appeal to me is that the comedians are improvising.

I think just Hardwick's card jokes and the screen stuff.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Analytic Engine posted:

Pretty much all of it except the two tablet typing challenges. They make notes ahead of time based on the subjects(this Gawker story! that cat gif!) and then just pick and choose what answer they use(or improvise), and then edit out the unfunny stuff so it fits to 22 minutes.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

It's got chris hardwick in it and it's about twitter or something . how could it not be basically the epitome of epic win hahaha.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Thinking about that show makes me kind of sad for the people involved, from Chris Hardwick on up to the execs. You have on opportunity to put a show on TV, and recycling stuff from the internet seemed like the best choice?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

wafflesnsegways posted:

Thinking about that show makes me kind of sad for the people involved, from Chris Hardwick on up to the execs. You have on opportunity to put a show on TV, and recycling stuff from the internet seemed like the best choice?

Have you seen the ratings for Tosh.0?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

wafflesnsegways posted:

It's cheap to make and gives them the excuse to book fun guests you know and love from podcasts to make silly jokes about dumb things. Have you guys even watched the show? It can be loving hilarious and it's easy money for people like Scott and PFT.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
@Midnight is at worst ok, usually pretty funny and most importantly is pretty much the only way in which a lot of very funny people are currently getting on TV and allowed to be funny in their own way - not least an absolute shitload of CBB regulars.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
If you're into the LA comedy podcast scene, watch @Midnight. It's people you like making jokes on TV. How have you not checked it out yet?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I don't think it presents the guests on it in a very good light. I like those people, but if I just knew them from @midnight, I wouldn't.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I have not and will not watch this so-called tv show, but I strongly dislike it and here's why:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

If I hadn't seen Aukerman on @Midnight, I never would have learned about the Comedy Bang Bang! Season 1 DVDs, which are already on sale and sound amazing:

quote:

Each episode here has an audio commentary by Aukerman. It's a bit confusing though, because they are listed on the menu as featuring famous people like Tompkins, Andy Daly, Jon Daly, Kroll and Morris, but it's just Aukerman, who, while trying to share details about the making of the show, gets interrupted by guests like CakeBoss (CakeBoss), Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Don Dimello, saxophonist Barry R, El Chupacabra and Bob Ducca.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Maybe it's just me, but for me, people have strong opinions both for and against @midnight

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

wafflesnsegways posted:

I don't think it presents the guests on it in a very good light. I like those people, but if I just knew them from @midnight, I wouldn't.

How much scoffing and pearl-clutching do you think happens among the audience for a midnight stoner show on Comedy Central

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Does anyone else Chris Hardwick?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Look I get irritated with Hardwick's yelling enthusiasm like everyone, but @midnight gets some real funny people on it and he pretty much lets them work. Laughed my rear end off last night with Aukerman's "The dog swallowed the condom" line.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Does anyone else Chris Hardwick?

How much Chris could a Chris Hardwick Hardwick if a Chris Hardwick could Hardwick Chris?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Looks like Tom Sizemore is no stranger to a land virginy.

Tom Sizemore posted:

SIZEMORE: I’d f*ck the dirt. My mother told my aunt once, my father’s sister. Well the problem with your brother, my husband, if all else fails, he’ll wet the ground and f*ck the dirt.

SOURCE: Puddle of mud. That’s what they used to call chicks with loose p*ssy.

SIZEMORE: I was 12, so I went and tried it. I didn’t like it at all. My d*ck got all dirty. My dad fcks dirt I can fck dirt too.

SOURCE: How did it feel?

SIZEMORE: It didn’t feel good and he didn’t f*ck dirt either. I didn’t know what a metaphor was. It meant he was unfaithful.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

"Vampires! Vampires! Vampires!" - Tom Sizemore

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Man, why do people get so defensive about Hardwick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfdTnpV03p8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Every time I think about Chris Hardwick all I can think about is The Best's Shows sound collage making fun of his standup and how pandering it is to "nerd" culture.

ARE THERE NERDS HERE TONIGHT NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDSSSSSSS-