Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

the jizz taxi posted:

Showering every day is not good for most people's skin and is indeed pretty drat wasteful. The only time of the year I take daily showers is when it's blazing hot and I feel dirty/sticky after spending half a day outside.

This. As an American living in Germany for the past two years, you get used to it pretty quickly. The weather here is generally much different than what you'd get in the US (much less hot, much less muggy, even in the deepest days of summer) and you just tend to sweat less in general. Only in the summer months do I really shower daily, unless I've gone to the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

It's the SHOWER INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX that shames you into showering four times a day to RID YOURSELF OF YOUR FILTHY SELF. Unless you are a stinkin-rear end motherfucker, you really don't need it.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I doubt people with medical BO problems would be helped by showering daily anyway since the stink is coming from the inside.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Picnic Princess posted:

My old rental place had pipes that backed up after being clogged with grease. Every time the neighbours upstairs did anything with water, their pipes would drain into ours, and the water would fill our kitchen sink, sometimes overflowing and chunks of old, old, old dark solid grease would come out with it. I'm pretty sure I know what this smells like. It's really horrible :barf:

In my old apartment, it was set up like a 2x2 square. The two upstairs apartments and the one next to mine all had their kitchens drain down into the same pipe. My pipe was the lowest in the setup. All 3 of my surrounding neighbors were from India, and all of them flushed their food down the sink when they were done. Every 2 weeks almost like clockwork, a horrific mess of curry and death would back in to my sink. Even after the neighbors were threatened with eviction, they kept shoving that poo poo down the drain instead of in to the trash. That smell is a smell you can never, ever forget.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
gross bathroom chat ITT

here is a pug muffin

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
DAY I GOT COOKIE

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

pigdog posted:

DAY I GOT AM COOKIE

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Fair Hallion posted:

gross bathroom chat ITT

here is a pug muffin

Once they drop that in some water, it's gonna have a playmate!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

the jizz taxi posted:

I doubt people with medical BO problems would be helped by showering daily anyway since the stink is coming from the inside.

Worst campfire horror story ever.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
The people at Sochi were a little embarassed by all the attention, so this is how it looks like now (not photoshop)(ostensibly).

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

pigdog posted:

The people at Sochi were a little embarassed by all the attention, so this is how it looks like now (not photoshop)(ostensibly).

And how the hell are you supposed to poo poo on that?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

I'd happily poo poo in one of those drawers.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

the jizz taxi posted:

Showering every day is not good for most people's skin and is indeed pretty drat wasteful. The only time of the year I take daily showers is when it's blazing hot and I feel dirty/sticky after spending half a day outside.

Jesus Christ you dirty loving hippies. Take a daily shower.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

pigdog posted:

For the German who wants to go one step further and catalog their output. :v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oh hey, funny pictures. I know a place that has some. @Stockfinds on Twitter posts some weird and funny stock photos. It's pretty good. Here are some examples.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

pigdog posted:

From experience, pooping in drawers is difficult.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Oldstench posted:

Jesus Christ you dirty loving hippies. Take a daily shower.

I don't know how smelly you are on a daily basis, but when you have a desk job and live in a cold climate, taking a shower every day is pointless. I take mine every other day, unless I'm feeling gross or have something social coming up.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Morpheus posted:

I don't know how smelly you are on a daily basis, but when you have a desk job and live in a cold climate, taking a shower every day is pointless. I take mine every other day, unless I'm feeling gross or have something social coming up.

I shower daily because my hair gets nasty oily overnight.

Triskelli has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Jan 23, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Four-String Samurai posted:

And how the hell are you supposed to poo poo on that?

Don't you know how to use the three shelves?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Tiggum posted:

What's the advantage? I just throw empty toilet rolls in the recycling. You don't need to do anything special to dispose of them.

There's no advantage unless you're supremely lazy, in Finland those things were voted the most worthless product of 2011. 2012 was battery-operated soap dispensers and 2013 scented garbage bags.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So now they're getting people to cram in there nine at a time, this is hardly an improvement.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Triskelli posted:

I shower daily because my hair gets nasty oily overnight.

Counterpoint: your hair gets nasty oily because you wash it everyday, probably with a harsh soap or shampoo in a misguided effort to really get the greasiness out.

Alternatively, buy a cheap hair trimmer and go 3mm all over. So much easier :v:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

KozmoNaut posted:

Counterpoint: your hair gets nasty oily because you wash it everyday, probably with a harsh soap or shampoo in a misguided effort to really get the greasiness out.

Yeah, it's a catch twenty two. Still better than the poop talk though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kanfy posted:

There's no advantage unless you're supremely lazy, in Finland those things were voted the most worthless product of 2011. 2012 was battery-operated soap dispensers and 2013 scented garbage bags.

I tried a similar item once (I got to go on TV to do it). Yeah, doesn't work like that. And yeah, I'm not that fat either.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Funny Pictures XIII: Shower Schedules and Methods

Personally, I use a furnace shower like in Gattaca. It burns dirt off or whatever. I don't remember.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Personally, I use a furnace shower like in Gattaca. It burns dirt off or whatever. I don't remember.

And this is why you don't put the extractor-fan near the catflap.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
And then the cat slides apart into pieces like that guy in Cube.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KozmoNaut posted:

Counter-Counter point. Having had long hair and now rocking a buzzcut my hair gets greasy as hell either way. Some people just have oily skin. It's crazy how not every person is a dried out husk.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Drone posted:

This. As an American living in Germany for the past two years, you get used to it pretty quickly. The weather here is generally much different than what you'd get in the US (much less hot, much less muggy, even in the deepest days of summer) and you just tend to sweat less in general. Only in the summer months do I really shower daily, unless I've gone to the gym.

I shower daily, but only because I know I'd start smelling if I didn't. I'm really lazy so I'm jealous of all the people who can go days without showering.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Counter-counter-counter-(Oh god make it stop)-point: The people who say "You only need to wash your hair once a week" are the same types who wear their jeans for six months without washing them.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Some genius created a whole bunch of spoof signs for the London Underground. All public transportation should have these.

The whole album is here.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

[shower argument here]

------------8<-------------------------------------------

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aww. He's been crying.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Man, Miley Cyrus needs to get a hair cut.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Stop posting in this thread about personal hygiene. It's tedious poo poo that has been discussed over and over and over again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

What does he have to do to his poor hair to make it both stand up straight and still have a wave in it?

Or is he just half-anime on his mom's side or something.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Saint Freak posted:

What does he have to do to his poor hair to make it both stand up straight and still have a wave in it?

Or is he just half-anime on his mom's side or something.

Apparently get drunk, eat a bunch of pills, and smoke weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

TaurusTorus posted:

From experience, pooping in drawers is difficult.

That's why I take mine off when I poop.

• Locked thread