Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm wanting to make a healer but I'm not sure how difficult it will be to level it. Any suggestions? Are there still low level groups? I never played on Midgard so it will be difficult finding places to level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
There are plenty of groups. The server has been up for, what, four days?

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

im gay posted:

I'm wanting to make a healer but I'm not sure how difficult it will be to level it. Any suggestions? Are there still low level groups? I never played on Midgard so it will be difficult finding places to level.

Takes a little effort to make a group but it did back in the day aswell, as a healer you should have one of the easiest times finding a group. The server was crashing or being taken multiple times a day untill they put in the 800 man cap. once the 800 man cap was instituted the server has been fine.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The daoc-origins launcher has a downgrade to 1.109 button. That's literally all I used their launcher for, but it was quite handy.

Can't you make a frostalf shaman?

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Kazvall posted:

The daoc-origins launcher has a downgrade to 1.109 button. That's literally all I used their launcher for, but it was quite handy.

Can't you make a frostalf shaman?
I am able to select frostalf and shaman but when I click continue twice no character is in my character bank. I can however create a dwarven savage like 90% of the rest of the server.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Frostalf is a ToA race, so its not enabled on the server.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Kejek posted:

Frostalf is a ToA race, so its not enabled on the server.

this makes dwarf the master race!

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Are there any guides or specs for classes?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I would just ask here about spec advice or try and use a skill calculator.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Ow yeah, those skill calculators.
While in college class I was able to reproduce those calculations to find new templates by heart :-)

Good old days.

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
FFS, I used 4 different e-mail addresses, but I just never receive the authentication code for my forum account on Origins. So I'm not able to create a game account..And as I can't even log in on the server, it's not possible to contact an administrator.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Cnaiur posted:

FFS, I used 4 different e-mail addresses, but I just never receive the authentication code for my forum account on Origins. So I'm not able to create a game account..And as I can't even log in on the server, it's not possible to contact an administrator.

Yeah, happened to a friend and I. The only way I got my account activated was due to another friend contacting a GM in game to authorize the accounts. I'm assuming they just have a small mail server that reaches its size max rather quickly and everything gets queued/stuck waiting for space to open.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Yeah I'm getting the same issue too. Let me know if you find some other way around it, because I used my only 2 emails accounts :|

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
How do I enable fullscreen mode? I'm dropping FPS like crazy.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

NVM saw answer in an erlier post.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

im gay posted:

How do I enable fullscreen mode? I'm dropping FPS like crazy.

Option screen at char select.

Brose
Feb 23, 2004

Send Help :(
Since I have nothing but connectivity issues with the official server, I may as well try out this free shard. I suppose it reverts back to the days where it took forever to level?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Brose posted:

Since I have nothing but connectivity issues with the official server, I may as well try out this free shard. I suppose it reverts back to the days where it took forever to level?

Not really. The group bonus increases per member of the group instead of mobs chaining together. Leveling as an 8 man group is very fast. It'll take a few days, but still faster than it was. If you want to solo it's slow as poo poo.

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Cnaiur posted:

7 hours for me and still no email. Anyone in game willing to contact a GM? My email is deathrat43 (at) gmail

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Sorry for all the dumb questions but one more:

Any suggestions for leveling early? I have no clue where to go or what to do. Are there significant quests I am missing?

Once you get past level 20 it seems that there are farming groups and it gets easier.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

im gay posted:

Sorry for all the dumb questions but one more:

Any suggestions for leveling early? I have no clue where to go or what to do. Are there significant quests I am missing?

Once you get past level 20 it seems that there are farming groups and it gets easier.

1-10 is the worst, once you are passed that there are lowbie groups everywhere and the XP bonus for groups is essentially like PLing yourself. We managed 1-41 in last two days pretty easily with 8 player bomb groups, and most of the players in the group were random people we picked up.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Has anyone tried getting their account's faction changed? I'm really not enjoying Shaman and Mid's other casters don't look too hot.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

boho posted:

Has anyone tried getting their account's faction changed? I'm really not enjoying Shaman and Mid's other casters don't look too hot.

Delete your character(s) and then PM a GM on the forums... which are down right now. Poop.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Can anyone check how big the full install file is for this? I might wanna install it on the Windows partition of my Mac, but I only have 3gig left.

I knew I should have given windows 100gig instead of 50 ...

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013

deathrat posted:

7 hours for me and still no email. Anyone in game willing to contact a GM? My email is deathrat43 (at) gmail

Same here, still no response. Really want to play this..

Anyone able to contact a GM or even better: send a quick forum private message to the Forum Admin? I've tried to create a forum account, but I don't get an authorization e-mail. If the forum admin can manually trigger this, I'd be able to create the game account finally. My e-mail is: 87crew@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I'm in the same boat. So I'd like to add my email to this in case someone finds the time to do it.

email : logicon211 AT gmail DOT com

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I think the issue is one of the game masters/forum dudes/community/notsurewhatheactuallydoes people has been out sick or some poo poo with an eye infection. Also the website has been down for about 18 hours.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

PriNGLeS posted:

I think the issue is one of the game masters/forum dudes/community/notsurewhatheactuallydoes people has been out sick or some poo poo with an eye infection. Also the website has been down for about 18 hours.

Yeeeeep.

Also, what realm you playing man? Come to hiiiiiib.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Yeeeeep.

Also, what realm you playing man? Come to hiiiiiib.

I already have a 50 warrior and I'm 2L7!!!

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

PriNGLeS posted:

I already have a 50 warrior and I'm 2L7!!!

Ugh, I cant play mid again...too many times. Well, if you want to join the dark side I got an 8man guild set up. :cheers:

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Ugh, I cant play mid again...too many times. Well, if you want to join the dark side I got an 8man guild set up. :cheers:

I only played hib on live so it's fairly fresh for me. Too bad there's no 8v8 yet. All zerg.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

PriNGLeS posted:

I only played hib on live so it's fairly fresh for me. Too bad there's no 8v8 yet. All zerg.

Yeah, well most 8mans are still gearing/crafting. Ive seen quite a few familiar faces around. Also there is an unofficial IRC setup on QuakeNet, channel #origins.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone having trouble with fps issues or short lockups?

This didn't happen on live or Uthgard.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Can anyone tell me how much GB the full game file folder is? I'm kind of constrained on this laptop right now and I don't feel like re-partitioning.

I played from Vanilla DAOC till they reworked the frontiers after ToA. To me it was the very best time I ever had in MMO's. But I kind of fear the animations will just seem too dated when I start playing again with my rose tinted goggles.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Evernoob posted:

Can anyone tell me how much GB the full game file folder is? I'm kind of constrained on this laptop right now and I don't feel like re-partitioning.

I played from Vanilla DAOC till they reworked the frontiers after ToA. To me it was the very best time I ever had in MMO's. But I kind of fear the animations will just seem too dated when I start playing again with my rose tinted goggles.

Mine's 4.4GB.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Woodhouse posted:

Mine's 4.4GB.

Thanks, unfortunate, only got 3gig at this time. And I don't feel like uninstalling WoT.
Let's see whatever windows component i could quietly delete.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

REGISTRATION FOR THE GAME IS CURRENTLY DISABLED
:(

For people having problems creating an account; I didn't get my activation email straight away, I think the first one went missing. I did manage to get it resent myself. At the forums log in box I think there's a link to resend activation email.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I can log into the forum now somehow, so if that's because someone asked a GM to activate my account, thanks!

The forum account info is all I need to log into this server right? Cause it won't work when I use either the Origin launcher or the DAOC portal launcher.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 24, 2014

deathrat
May 25, 2010

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I can log into the forum now somehow, so if that's because someone asked a GM to activate my account, thanks!

The forum account info is all I need to log into this server right? Cause it won't work when I use either the Origin launcher or the DAOC portal launcher.

There's a button when you login to the forums to register a game account, but it's unfortunately disabled at the moment. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
Indeed, I can now login on the forum as well. Hopefully they enable account creation again this weekend..

• Locked thread