Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

check the test patch notes, probably something to do with the line about selling to vendors of you click fast enough.

Haha, there are a bunch of changes and fixes to Plane of Sky. That's funny for some reason.

And cool, because I loved that raid zone, and no one else in my guild did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Any goons from the Fearboner days still play on FV? I have a 91 ranger and I'm lonely :(

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Insensative_Asshole posted:

Any goons from the Fearboner days still play on FV? I have a 91 ranger and I'm lonely :(

We all moved to Test then quit :smith:

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Progression servers are a few months away from mercs, wonder if that will give us an influx of people.

Both servers have beaten Meldrath (Citizen took an entire raid night to kill him, EoE killed him on the first try after one shotting Prototype and Tinkerson :smugdog:) and will be in Crystallos soon, so a little over three months to go!

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
I don't suppose anyone has a char on FV with a Shattered Emerald of Corruption sitting in their bank? I want the second half of my epic :sigh:

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I'm still hoping maybe someone would transfer over some Plat to test some day. It'd be convenient for buying my spells.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ask literally anyone on the Test server for plat and they will give you a million+. Ask in general.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

RCarr posted:

Ask literally anyone on the Test server for plat and they will give you a million+. Ask in general.

If you want more money than you can possibly ever hope to spend on Test, wait until someone named "Rainbowdash" says something in general, then pretend to be female and new to Test in general chat and prepare to have 20 million hit your parcel inbox.

Even WE don't like him, so it's fine to mooch all of his money which he happily flings at anyone who says they have a vagina and responds to him in general chat.

If you fail to extort money from RBD, don't tell this thread, because you probably deserve a permaban for sheer incompetence :v:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

If you want more money than you can possibly ever hope to spend on Test, wait until someone named "Rainbowdash" says something in general, then pretend to be female and new to Test in general chat and prepare to have 20 million hit your parcel inbox.

Even WE don't like him, so it's fine to mooch all of his money which he happily flings at anyone who says they have a vagina and responds to him in general chat.

If you fail to extort money from RBD, don't tell this thread, because you probably deserve a permaban for sheer incompetence :v:

RBD is the most insufferable player on Everquest and on the eqlive forums. And honestly, even though bronies are "The Thing" on the internet right now, I still thought he was a she until your post.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
I logged into test today, and the first line I read was somebody flaming this RBD character, wow he really is a shithead

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

torp0r posted:

I logged into test today, and the first line I read was somebody flaming this RBD character, wow he really is a shithead

Who is that really bitchy lady on FV that uses general chat as her own personal soapbox? She is pretty bad too.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Node posted:

Who is that really bitchy lady on FV that uses general chat as her own personal soapbox? She is pretty bad too.

That must be the Lisandra person I always see people talking about.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

That sounds right. I've joined FV's general chat just in case she is bitching. She controls the entire channel, it's amazing.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

MrTheDevious posted:

Last time I played EverQuest I found a dude who named himself insane clown posse related names. I pretended to be a juggalo and reaped the benefits.

Extorting a brony should be much easier.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Is there a good spot to farm 80+ rk II spells? I'm running low on funds and those seem to always vendor for a nice amount.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ha I love having all the best nobody-cares gossip.

RBD is, in fact, male, as much as being born with specific parts matters. Mostly, we just regard RBD as truly insufferable while RBD goes to insane lengths to creepy flirt with literally any person who responds to him ever at any time. If he thinks you're maybe female, he'll parcel you a couple mil plat though, which is why I brought him up.

Lisandra is a whole other can of worms and is one of the 3 or 4 people ever judged truly SO awful at Everquest that a Test server guild of awful people guildkicked him for sucking poo poo so harshly he moved to FV. That person is a 34 year old man living the goon life, complete with mom's basement dwelling and a blossoming xbox 360 modding business (in 2014) that he sometimes manages to make enough from to pay the Comcast bill for the month for his parents. He tended to brag about paying a bill once a month for 3 or 4 days a month every time he managed it :sigh:

He tried to supplement it by acting as a RMT middleman for some guy on FV, but he agreed to payment via Station Cash instead of real money, so by the end of his time in our guild, we knew his business was booming because he'd suddenly have 3 new FV copied characters with heroes forge and another $50+ in station cash spent on each of them while he kept right on living in the basement

^^^That's a pretty awful way to farm plat if that's your only goal. If you just want money, go pillage PoP for diamonds/blue diamonds or grind xp in MG/FM/beza/zeka and loot everything that drops. It's pretty easy to rack up decent amounts of plat just grinding xp if you loot stuff

^^^^^^^ He's a gender-confused virgin who lives at home and talks about having sex with vah shir and ponies in general chat. If you can't find some way to exploit that scenario by itself, I dunno what to tell you. Wiji and I both troll him to his face near constantly (especially Wiji)

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 22, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Lisandra is a whole other can of worms and is one of the 3 or 4 people ever judged truly SO awful at Everquest that a Test server guild of awful people guildkicked him for sucking poo poo so harshly he moved to FV. That person is a 34 year old man living the goon life, complete with mom's basement dwelling and a blossoming xbox 360 modding business (in 2014) that he sometimes manages to make enough from to pay the Comcast bill for the month for his parents. He tended to brag about paying a bill once a month for 3 or 4 days a month every time he managed it :sigh:

He tried to supplement it by acting as a RMT middleman for some guy on FV, but he agreed to payment via Station Cash instead of real money, so by the end of his time in our guild, we knew his business was booming because he'd suddenly have 3 new FV copied characters with heroes forge and another $50+ in station cash spent on each of them while he kept right on living in the basement

This is the person that is extremely bitter and acts like he is doing everybody a huge favor everyone he does anything? I don't play on FV, but I remember listening in when he was giving elf language lessons (the commonly accepted default language on FV) and acted like it was so much trouble to go to PoK and form a group to spam the language. Is that the person we're talking about?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Probably. He was a shaman in our guild and healed like never. He was booted out and went to fv full time on his awful mage. He would link his guild's loot to test.general.
He was booted out of that too as far as I know.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That's him! He got kicked from the FV raid guild WAY faster than ours. Now he's back on Test trying to form a raid alliance.

This is him trying to form one on Reddit of all places :v: http://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/1uob8n/potential_test_server_raid_alliance/

Interestingly enough, goons as a whole knew of this dude long before we moved to Test and some of us actually ran into him in a guild. Back in the glory days of Ascending Fearboners and Gnonotmybutt/Ryantear epic trolling when we were all on Luclin, a bunch of us purposely joined FV chat to troll the well known lady there who never shut up. It wasn't until a year+ later that we'd moved to Test and some of us ended up in the same guild as the person unknowingly. Turns out the obnoxious old lady we all trolled on FV was in fact a dude we were then guilded with. I'm not sure anyone but me was even around enough during both periods to figure it out :3:

In any case, it's a pretty hilarious oldschool goon crew memory and that dude's even more trollable now that he's been kicked from not just one, but two different guilds on different servers who're both absolutely desperate for warm bodies :v: He's pretty much the worst possible EQ player in existence. We had a 10 year old raiding with us for a while who was better than this dude by huge margins...

I'm not sure he's the same guy as the language lesson example you gave on FV, but his name on there is definitely Lisandra and that sounds 100% like him, so most likely yeah

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
Does anyone still copy over HoT armor? A few friends and I just copied over to test. Between us we have an 81 Shaman and Magician in poo poo gear, an 81 SK and Bard in full visible abstruse, and a 73 Rogue in poo poo gear. Suggestions on which classes would be more effective played rather than just afk boxed would be helpful too as we only have 3 actual players.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

torp0r posted:

Does anyone still copy over HoT armor? A few friends and I just copied over to test. Between us we have an 81 Shaman and Magician in poo poo gear, an 81 SK and Bard in full visible abstruse, and a 73 Rogue in poo poo gear. Suggestions on which classes would be more effective played rather than just afk boxed would be helpful too as we only have 3 actual players.

I can make the abstruse for cloth, chain, and plate classes. Let me know the class and name to send it to on Test. And the order of preference, since I typically only do a set every day or two because I am lazy sometimes.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
Awesome, thank you a ton. Priority would be Dorpe (Magician), Frenzzy (Rogue), Jasc (Shaman)

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Devor posted:

I can make the abstruse for cloth, chain, and plate classes. Let me know the class and name to send it to on Test. And the order of preference, since I typically only do a set every day or two because I am lazy sometimes.

I have no idea a what this is or if I can use it yet but I have a 75 Bard, Wizard and Magician named Skilla, Chilla and Trilla respectively which would take free handouts of gear. I'm still using the free level 20 test gear.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Null1fy posted:

I have no idea a what this is or if I can use it yet but I have a 75 Bard, Wizard and Magician named Skilla, Chilla and Trilla respectively which would take free handouts of gear. I'm still using the free level 20 test gear.

You really just need one on the mage. It's gear useable at 80 that's a MASSIVE stat jump from everything previously. The bard/wiz don't really need it though for your group to progress and not finding any of your own loot gets kinda boring :kiddo: I think Pilsner's the only person in the thread that plays the game properly and he'd back me up on that

Actually, aside from the HP required to survive bad pulls and raid AEs, bards don't really benefit from any gear at all post 85ish except the neat new clickies :smith:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 23, 2014

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

MrTheDevious posted:

You really just need one on the mage. It's gear useable at 80 that's a MASSIVE stat jump from everything previously. The bard/wiz don't really need it though for your group to progress and not finding any of your own loot gets kinda boring :kiddo: I think Pilsner's the only person in the thread that plays the game properly and he'd back me up on that

Actually, aside from the HP required to survive bad pulls and raid AEs, bards don't really benefit from any gear at all post 85ish except the neat new clickies :smith:

Word. I'm basically just playing progression quest. I'm afk leveling to 80, then AAs until I have no desire to play any longer or get my team to 3k AAs so I can level to 85 or 90 and do some content.

It's pretty exciting, I know.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I'm sorry if no one give a heck about test drama but this is Some Sick poo poo. Few months back one of our clerics got busy IRL and stopped logging in. He used to spend literal days decorating the guild Hall. The original guild plot belonged to a guy that never logs in.

He logs in one day and uprooted the hall. Few days later the cleric logs in sees the hall in utter chaos and just goes berserk. Logs in an officer account boots a bunch of people then leaves and goes in general bashing us.

I have no idea any of this went on and we are doing a pug tov raid. Topic of awedrea, the cleric, come up, saying he's an rear end in a top hat in voice chat. I ask why and they explain everything over voip, unbeknownst to everyone that awedrea had just logged in to VoIP. So they get into a screaming match; all this happens in front of the pugs that we desperately need to convince to raid with us.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

darkhand posted:

I'm sorry if no one give a heck about test drama but this is Some Sick poo poo. Few months back one of our clerics got busy IRL and stopped logging in. He used to spend literal days decorating the guild Hall. The original guild plot belonged to a guy that never logs in.

He logs in one day and uprooted the hall. Few days later the cleric logs in sees the hall in utter chaos and just goes berserk. Logs in an officer account boots a bunch of people then leaves and goes in general bashing us.

I have no idea any of this went on and we are doing a pug tov raid. Topic of awedrea, the cleric, come up, saying he's an rear end in a top hat in voice chat. I ask why and they explain everything over voip, unbeknownst to everyone that awedrea had just logged in to VoIP. So they get into a screaming match; all this happens in front of the pugs that we desperately need to convince to raid with us.

video games

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

Goddamn I wish I hadn't missed that.

FWIW Awedrea didn't just stop logging in, there was a ton of other drama. The original plot ownership is Pyro's, who they booted for not logging in even though he was the reason the guild existed in the first place. That was the original thing that pissed Awedrea off, then more poo poo went down. Long stupid drama story short, I agree with Awedrea and the fact he's still causing poo poo in the guild is awesome to me because he's 100% right and it's hilarious it happened during PUG raids :allears:

Edit - haha I posted inflammatory poo poo in your thread about RBD, get ready :v:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 24, 2014

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Reminds me of the good ol' days of EQ guild drama!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

Reminds me of the good ol' days of EQ guild drama!

It seriously, seriously is awesome for that reason.

That and half the guild taking poo poo seriously still :v:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Node posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. I haven't played EQ since VoA, so I decided to see what was new in the thread. I'm an FV player who kind of goes back to play every 2-3 expansions since forever, and almost every time I log in, she's having a mental breakdown in general chat. It's fitting to see the first handful of posts even on SA I read are about her :v:. It kind of makes me sad to hear she's still at it, all day, every day. The kind of emotional energy that person channels at the FV general chat could power an entire city if scientists ever learned to harness it.

E: The insufferable "I guess I'll teach you people elvish"/person from FV I'm talking about is named Lucerin.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 25, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Oh gently caress yeah it was Lucerin, you're 150% right.

There's a reason this thread dubbed FV server "Somalia" :ohdear:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. I haven't played EQ since VoA, so I decided to see what was new in the thread. I'm an FV player who kind of goes back to play every 2-3 expansions since forever, and almost every time I log in, she's having a mental breakdown in general chat. It's fitting to see the first handful of posts even on SA I read are about her :v:. It kind of makes me sad to hear she's still at it, all day, every day. The kind of emotional energy that person channels at the FV general chat could power an entire city if scientists ever learned to harness it.

E: The insufferable "I guess I'll teach you people elvish"/person from FV I'm talking about is named Lucerin.

YES, that is the person, that name is it. Good call. I join FV general just to hear her shriek from atop her ivory tower.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
I started streaming my guild raiding if any of you people want to watch http://www.twitch.tv/bearforce/ because EQ is so action packed I'm sure everyone will not want to miss a second.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Poistiant posted:

I started streaming my guild raiding if any of you people want to watch http://www.twitch.tv/bearforce/ because EQ is so action packed I'm sure everyone will not want to miss a second.

This would be really neat if you unhid the chatbox. It's pretty unwatchably boring without it though since it's just watching EQ numbers scroll by while everyone stands in a pile (I'm aware that's what raiding in EQ is like in general, that's why the chat part is fun)

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

MrTheDevious posted:

This would be really neat if you unhid the chatbox. It's pretty unwatchably boring without it though since it's just watching EQ numbers scroll by while everyone stands in a pile (I'm aware that's what raiding in EQ is like in general, that's why the chat part is fun)

I unhid it but I don't think anyone is having more fun!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Poistiant posted:

I unhid it but I don't think anyone is having more fun!

Could also have something to do with the 40 minute trash clear of Neriak's phase 1.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Could also have something to do with the 40 minute trash clear of Neriak's phase 1.

Like I said earlier, action packed. You have been helpful with stuff on stream though so it was worth streaming.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Poistiant posted:

Like I said earlier, action packed. You have been helpful with stuff on stream though so it was worth streaming.

Haha poo poo I should've streamed back when I was badgering jetz0r for raid tips and all I got was "burn faster" :suicide:

If I knew when you guys were starting CotF stuff I'd watch a whole raid just to see what it looks like when you beat the content instead of wiping horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Haha poo poo I should've streamed back when I was badgering jetz0r for raid tips and all I got was "burn faster" :suicide:

If I knew when you guys were starting CotF stuff I'd watch a whole raid just to see what it looks like when you beat the content instead of wiping horribly

I woke up at 8:30am and got to join in on their first raid (NeriakD II) before I got booted out for one of their tank mains when everybody was waking up. I stayed in vent, and they were flawless with the remaining three raids judging from the chatter. This is with very little practice in beta, compared to other guilds.

Now that I am done giving blowjobs - it is a much more relevant and unfortunate (in my opinion) fact that raids are beaten in two hours when the content is released, and that second place is so close behind (nine minutes, for Hate Rising.) Compare that to how raids used to be: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/encounter.php?id=154 . The Triune God, the last raid in Veil of Alaris, was beaten on January 10, 2012. The expansion was released November 11, 2011. When The Triune God was beaten, the next guild to beat it did it 39 days later, not nine minutes later.

That's how raid timing should be, in my opinion. And I know there were some huge cockblocks in Alaris which pissed people off (but not nearly as badly as Underfoot,) mainly Pillars and Fumerak. I can understand the opposing argument, that people don't want to raid 5-7 days a week anymore to beat an expansion quick.

Dig through that web site I linked, if anyone hasn't. I find it really interesting. Take a careful look at Tacvi in Gates of Discord. It was first beaten after next expansion, Omens of War, was released, that is how loving overtuned it was. I think that was the only expansion that ever had that happen. Only 8 guilds beat Tacvi before the next expansion, Dragons of Norrath, was released.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 26, 2014