Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

GreatGreen posted:

Not only is this guitar hideous, but the very first time you'd quickly slide from the higher frets down to the first, you'd come close to slitting your goddamn wrist on that tail.

I'd probably gut myself if I tried to play it, godamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

He just wanted one installed in his stupid point BC-Rich bass, when he was trying it out on my amp he was playing normal boring metal bass riffs and randomly smacking the switch. I don't get it, but I got paid and I like money so it's all good.

lol that's dumb as hell

most people use their volume knobs as kill switches (I DO) so it makes sense to me to have a toggle and not a pushbutton like a buckethead wannabee

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Pittsburgh Craigslist keeps on delivering:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

O Rapture posted:

I'm only on page 67, but I've got to chime in here.

Billy Zoom is the man. (Maybe my inner drag queen wants a Gretsch Sparkle Jet, I dunno.) But when I took up the guitar I somehow got into an email discussion with Billy (he's a custom amp builder out in CA now), and he was super patient and helpful in answering my questions and helping me sort out guitar bullshit.

Anyway, for content, here is the ugly Korean-built guitar I ended up buying:

It's not as atrocious as some others in this thread, but yeah, yeah EMGs, cheap black wash effect, etc. In my defense, I'm a lovely guitarist who just likes to turn it to 11 and make a racket when so inspired.

To be fair, I never said he wasn't the man, just that he had a baby-eating grin. Which, yeah.

HollisBrown posted:

I love that thing, I'd buy it in an instant if it was feasible.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

HollisBrown posted:

It's a really terrible tribute to Jerry Garcia's Alembic:

Which might be ugly but I love Jerry too much to think so.

Also lol he looks like father christmas on the loving thing.

this looks like a toilet seat

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

I was given one of these by a friend's wife, it was embarrassing grandma-level thinking 'oh you play guitar so here's something shaped like that for literally no reason!'

Little surprise, she turned out to be insanely self centered and hosed right off so I threw it right the gently caress away, fortunately (it was also a terrible spatula only fit for stirring koolaid).

Fenris244
Oct 22, 2012

HollisBrown posted:

I think those guitars are so cool. Not even ashamed

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Hey bros what if I post my actual guitar and see who makes fun of it and who says "not ugly" is that a chill thing to do?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I promise I won't get my feelings hurt and sperg out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Go for it.

Does it have a handle?

Dec 26, 2012

:justpost:

also we already have a thread king and i dont see him getting dethroned anytime soon so keep that in mind but yeah go for it buddy

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Come at me bro

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 24, 2014

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Dr. Faustus posted:

Come at me bro

Amidst subdued laughter it suddenly dawned on me. Not one of the clowns that made this video would have the balls to play any Zeppelin song in front of Page, Plant and Jonesy. This mustn't be considered as the channeling of Zappa-esque type humor, but rather merely the adolescent humor of a snarky snot nosed high school punk. Although it does garner a wee bit of a chuckle. BTW, I never made it past 1:15. I'm still pondering whether or not it was a short torrent of laughter, or the chili cheese dog I had for lunch paying me a second visit? Thanks for the grin.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

Amidst subdued laughter it suddenly dawned on me.

I like to play "The Ocean" and "Black Dog." I never play Stairway. What Zep songs do you like to play?

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

Dr. Faustus posted:

Come at me bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATz8ZVTALo&t=167s

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LR_5yk7bgc
Wait, sorry, that was kind of a downer.

This is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGs8mw3aq4

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 24, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Declan MacManus posted:

sadly dadrock sunburst and violent surf colors are pretty much the only options for reverend (i think they offer goldtop but that's a little too boring)

nah they make em in black too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2m_zaZx6wY

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Dr. Faustus posted:

Wait, sorry, that was kind of a downer.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I said I was sorry! Gosh!

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I said I was sorry! Gosh!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
[img-macro]

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

[img-macro]

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Please go out

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Holy gently caress. Someone alert Lucas Turilli so he can get on this.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

Please go out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uF56g-DeI&t=104s

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

White Dog Eggs posted:

I had a whole metal band show up today wanting their guitars tweaked. I actually installed a kill-switch in a bass and I feel sort of dirty now.

I can't decide if this is ugly or not;

It looks so goofy that I want one.

it's cool but the goofy control plate makes it a bit 'busy' I think; if the knobs were routed from the back it'd look so much better imho

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
y'know summerland was an alright song but sometimes bands are ignored by the general public for the right reasons

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Prog-Rock Dad.jpg

edit: imgur shat the bed

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 24, 2014

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Does he do the voice of Early Kyler on Squid Billies? He has to, they sound identical.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

White Dog Eggs posted:

Prog-Rock Dad.jpg

What the gently caress is this? Why? It's always hilarious to see a guitarist who thinks he is important enough to have multiple neck guitars but when a bass player does it...

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

I Might Be Adam posted:

What the gently caress is this? Why? It's always hilarious to see a guitarist who thinks he is important enough to have multiple neck guitars but when a bass player does it...

Bass player's are even gear spurgier than guitarists. But they generally know more too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

White Dog Eggs posted:

Prog-Rock Dad.jpg

two basses and they're both 4 string

i mean this would be stupid no matter what, but i could at least kinda understand if he had like, a 6 string bass, a 4 string bass and an 8 string guitar on that poo poo.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cannot Find Server posted:

two basses and they're both 4 string

i mean this would be stupid no matter what, but i could at least kinda understand if he had like, a 6 string bass, a 4 string bass and an 8 string guitar on that poo poo.

They've both got different wood on the fretboard. For the different tones, you see.

Dec 26, 2012

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I think the lower one is fretless though.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Odddzy posted:

Could be, it's hard to tell if they are actually frets or just inlaid markers/stickers.

Apparently it's someone from "Yes", which explains a lot. Drugs are bad.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

HollisBrown posted:

Does he do the voice of Early Kyler on Squid Billies? He has to, they sound identical.

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJxzCWMa1TA

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Odddzy posted:

and the top guitar neck looks like the strings are paired? I mean it looks like half of a 12-string guitar, is it ?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

White Dog Eggs posted:

Could be, it's hard to tell if they are actually frets or just inlaid markers/stickers.

Apparently it's someone from "Yes", which explains a lot. Drugs are bad.

yeah that's my boy chris squire who in addition to laying down tasty counterpoint is also an egomaniac and a dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk

still play this whenever i'm testing out a bass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah that's my boy chris squire who in addition to laying down tasty counterpoint is also an egomaniac and a dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk

still play this whenever i'm testing out a bass

Is he wearing a cape?

• Locked thread