Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"These 3D files are garbage, thanks for the money tho, lol :)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

ijyt posted:

"These 3D files are garbage, thanks for the money tho, lol :)"
What I don't get is why such a blatant lie?
EDIT:
Also this probably belongs in the Industry Thread.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

When is the Mage 20th KS coming, dammit? :argh:

Soon™. It's happening next, after Anarchs Unbound. Well, from all Phil's said it's looking to be a loving huge book even by X20 standards. I think he's tried to fit absolutely everything ever in there.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
With in less than a week of receiving the tracking number, I have a nice shiny new copy of Rivet wars! It is vary nice.

Accursed
Oct 10, 2002

DigitalRaven posted:

Soon™. It's happening next, after Anarchs Unbound. Well, from all Phil's said it's looking to be a loving huge book even by X20 standards. I think he's tried to fit absolutely everything ever in there.

Why did you have to post this? My poor wallet waits in anticipation now :smith:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

InShaneee posted:

I think this is my new favorite example of how not to run a kickstarter:

Near the start of the year, Margaret Weis Productions ran a kickstarter for The Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide, or how to use their in-house system as a generic system.

Flash forward to now. The printed book is months behind schedule, the Kickstarter hasn't been touched in 2 months now, and the fact that MWP is taking pre-orders for the book is starting to worry people.

Turns out that, at some point, the guy running the kickstarter left the company, and no one had the password to access the KS page this whole time.

While this situation is by no means ideal, I think it's worth pointing out that the actual content is done and the PDFs were delivered to backers and later made available to the wider public. Doesn't let them off the hook for the physical print run, but it's not nearly as bad as it could be. And personally digital was all I needed.

Simon Rogers
May 16, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm still waiting on Up Front!, Alas Vegas, Hillfolk (Physical), Last Stand (Physical), Nightfall, Interface Zero (Physical), Tears of a Machine, Corporia, Inverse World(Physical), Bones II, Tianxia (Physical), Call of Catthulhu, Three Days Till Retirement (Physical)... and comedy option -- Cairn!

All Hillfolk rewards have gone out except the ultralimited edition. Email support@dyingearth.com.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Sionak posted:

It looked like the shipping will be paid later for the non-US backers, through DTRPG. I haven't seen a kickstarter do that before.

Slabtown Games and Robin Laws are getting in on the tablet gaming scene with StoryScape. It sounds pretty interesting: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/829385949/storyscape-digital-roleplaying-system

It sounds very ambitious, but a nicely integrated tablet/rules system does sound pretty appealing. I would like to see a bit more of the system they have in mind before committing to it, though.

For those still interested/hesitant on Storyscape, Robin Laws spoke about his goals/thinking behind the system he's planning in his podcast w/ Ken Hite this week.

http://www.kenandrobintalkaboutstuff.com/

Obviously you should all be listening to this anyways...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

For those still interested/hesitant on Storyscape, Robin Laws spoke about his goals/thinking behind the system he's planning in his podcast w/ Ken Hite this week.

http://www.kenandrobintalkaboutstuff.com/

Obviously you should all be listening to this anyways...
I want it to fail so Robin can focus on the new edition of Feng Shui, which is far more important. :devil:

...okay, really, I wish him the best with this, but HELLO?! SECOND EDITION OF FENG SHUI?!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

I want it to fail so Robin can focus on the new edition of Feng Shui, which is far more important. :devil:

...okay, really, I wish him the best with this, but HELLO?! SECOND EDITION OF FENG SHUI?!

From the way he's been talking about it, it sounds like that project's in flight?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

From the way he's been talking about it, it sounds like that project's in flight?
I have seen no news despite being in a hypothetical playtest group. :smith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I have seen no news despite being in a hypothetical playtest group. :smith:

There hasn't been anything since the first round of playtests back in...October? November?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

There hasn't been anything since the first round of playtests back in...October? November?
Well at least I don't feel like the last kid picked for kickball anymore.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Evil Hat posted the preview for the Zeppelin Attack! campaign. It goes live on Tuesday.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Bastard, now I want more things :(

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

inklesspen posted:

Pelgrane Press's time cops game just went live on Kickstarter. This is a GUMSHOE game and the preview I saw posted looked pretty cool, so I've backed it. $25 for a PDF though; seems a little pricy.
I'm in now, too. The author, btw, is an incredibly nice and together guy, and one of the good ones helping to run ENWorld. I'd definitely trust him with my money.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This was in a "what's hot on Kickstarter" email I got, and it looks pretty neat, though I don't think I could justify the prices for most of the dice in it, they do LOOK nice.

Rhythm Metal Gaming Dice

I especially like the "antique bronze" D20.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well I got my Dragon's Hoard card game in today. Art looks nice but I haven't had time to go over the rules yet or anything.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

So -- should I be concerned about this? I want M20. I did not pledge Powerchords but I am aware of the delays. My guess is that the Kickstarter won't kick off until Phil has something done, which means it may take a while but I won't need to be worried about late fulfillment once it's started?

I guess the other blunt question: is there a backup developer available?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Kwyndig posted:

Well I got my Dragon's Hoard card game in today. Art looks nice but I haven't had time to go over the rules yet or anything.

Me too. The packaging was sealed with, like, half a roll of packing tape. I had to get the big scissors out to open it.

Rules are pretty straightforward. Looking forward to giving it a shot tomorrow; we just ran out of time today.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

What's the reigning opinion on "Fresco", "Tiny Epic Kingdoms" or "Fief"?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Round here, half of those who have played it think that Fresco is a fine and interesting game. The other half think it's just another euro, if a decent one. I have to confess to being surprised about it getting a Kickstarter slot: can't see there's going to be that much demand for it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This is a dumb question, but how to addons work? Do you select the tier you want and then in the pledge thing, add together the tier cost plus the addon? So if a tier is $12, and an addon is $4, you select $12 and pay $16?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on Villages? It looks kinda adorable.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This is a dumb question, but how to addons work? Do you select the tier you want and then in the pledge thing, add together the tier cost plus the addon? So if a tier is $12, and an addon is $4, you select $12 and pay $16?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on Villages? It looks kinda adorable.

As far as I can tell. IIRC MYTH did it this way, so say the base box was $60 and I paid $100, once the campaign ended and they had the Pledge Manager up, I had $40 credit for extras.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

outlier posted:

Round here, half of those who have played it think that Fresco is a fine and interesting game. The other half think it's just another euro, if a decent one. I have to confess to being surprised about it getting a Kickstarter slot: can't see there's going to be that much demand for it.

Fresco Big Box is pushing 1200 backers and $100k with 70 hours to go. One in five of those backers have gone for the package with the Alhambra Big Box.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The big problem with Fresco is the ridiculous shipping charges, no game is worth another $60 just to post it

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ropes4u posted:

I'm excited about Tiny Epic Kingdoms because the guy's running a good kickstarter. Interested in seeing the completed game, too.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I'm excited about Tiny Epic Kingdoms because the guy's running a good kickstarter. Interested in seeing the completed game, too.

I am going to back backed it for $24 because it looks like a fun game.

Fresco and Alhambra are enticing me but $110..

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 27, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NTRabbit posted:

The big problem with Fresco is the ridiculous shipping charges, no game is worth another $60 just to post it

No, but it's not a problem with Queen Games charging ridiculous shipping fees. I checked the cost for a box that size from Germany to you in Australia and they're not making a profit. "Ridiculous" is a charge you level at those guys who were making the Eclipse counter racks and charging $30 to ship 120g of flat plastic from America to the UK.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Ropes4u posted:

I backed Tiny Epic Kingdoms. I actually found 5 other people to go in on a deluxe package for $20 each. This is my first kickstarted game, and I've been quite pleased so far. They have met a lot of stretch goals, and there are daily updates. The designer has also designed games I've heard of. I believe the delivery date is summer of this year, and at a price of $20, I think it's going to be a solid game well worth the price.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Ropes4u posted:

"Fresco" is a popular one in my house. I don't think it really breaks the mold and does anything amazingly new, but it is a solid worker placement, and I really enjoy the theme. Can't speak much for the expansions though as I've only played with the three included in the regular box, and haven't had a desire to get any others.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my hardcopy of Golden Sky Stories + bonus material today, it is the best.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The art is awesome. $30 for a card game is not awesome.

With an MSRP of $20, you're better off waiting until it funds and picking it up online. That's sad.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

berzerkmonkey posted:

The art is awesome. $30 for a card game is not awesome.

With an MSRP of $20, you're better off waiting until it funds and picking it up online. That's sad.

Yeah, that's...really weird. Don't you usually get a discount through Kickstarter?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Spincut posted:

Yeah, that's...really weird. Don't you usually get a discount through Kickstarter?

After the shipping cost incidents involving shipping Fate Core everywhere, I'm not too surprised that game + shipping is 30 bucks for the pledged copy.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So that Coconuts "Crazy Monkey" hit it's goal, and is almost doubling it.

I'm in for a game, looks fun. And they're letting backers get a copy of Click Clack Lumberjack for very cheap as well.

Only three hours, jump on it.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Cassa posted:

So that Coconuts "Crazy Monkey" hit it's goal, and is almost doubling it.

I'm in for a game, looks fun. And they're letting backers get a copy of Click Clack Lumberjack for very cheap as well.

Only three hours, jump on it.

The update you linked is backers only.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Spincut posted:

Not in my experience. You might pay MSRP, or rarely you might pay a few percent less than MSRP, but you're never saving money compared to what the game will cost at online retailers. And probably not saving money at all.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Whoops! Basically they're offering it for ~$20 for US backers, $25 for 'international' (non-North American) backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

malkav11 posted:

Not in my experience. You might pay MSRP, or rarely you might pay a few percent less than MSRP, but you're never saving money compared to what the game will cost at online retailers. And probably not saving money at all.

Oh okay. I guess I never really have pledged to a board game KS. Most of my pledges have been to RPGs.

• Locked thread