Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Death By Yogurt posted:

If you're going for 108 in II just know that there is a pretty strict time limit that you have to complete a handful of events to get a couple of characters. My first time playing through I missed them because I was spending too much time exploring and trying to recruit everyone I could as soon as I could.

I've only played II and III, but II was much more enjoyable collecting everybody than three.

None of them are on a timer per se (unless you're talking about Clive's sidequest, which IIRC you have 20 hours to complete), you can miss them if you advance the plot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Captain Amerikkka posted:

None of them are on a timer per se (unless you're talking about Clive's sidequest, which IIRC you have 20 hours to complete), you can miss them if you advance the plot though.

I think it's more that you have fairly small windows in which to get some characters, particularly at the beginning of the game and then later about half way through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Yeah I thought about using that, and that might be the best option. Seems like I'll have to rescan the entire list repeatedly to see what I have access to at any given time and don't miss any timings. I wish it was more ordered than anything.

Generally if a major plot event happens you want to rescan the list probably. That is usually when new stuff opens. SII is a bit less assholish than the other games though in that regards and you get multiple chances at certain dudes.

The biggest "gotcha" involves a general in one of the early war battles. Keep an eye out for that one. It's the guy named Gilbert who you want to damage but not kill IIRC.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
All right I'll do that, thanks.

Looks like the 20 hour thing is just for some special weapon for Clive and I can't say I care enough for that.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rascyc posted:

So how cool of a reward/experience is it in Suikoden 2 to get 108 stars? I remember Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 5, it was a maddening experience to get 108 stars on a playthrough without FAQ'ing. Should I just do the same with Suikoden 2 or is there some quick bullet list of "gotchas" that I can avoid permanently missing?

I took a look at a few FAQs on Gamefaqs and they're mostly in that old style where the author just vomits every spoiler into the walkthrough which left me wanting.

I might just wing it for once and deal with the consequences if you don't miss out on too much for lack of 108.
I had a quick look since I've played the game and it looks like Clive, Gilbert and Futch & Humphrey (who join at the same time) are the only ones you have to make sure you get when you can. Everyone else is either available the whole game or you will be given the option to recruit them at a certain time. It's worth getting them all since you get the best ending. Also Clive is a really good in battle character

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013
The non-108 stars ending to II really isn't very satisfying at all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Rascyc posted:

All right I'll do that, thanks.

Looks like the 20 hour thing is just for some special weapon for Clive and I can't say I care enough for that.
It's actually a fairly in-depth subplot. You could cheat with codes to lower your gameplay time or just youtube it, as while nice it's definitely not worth actually attempting on your first time through the game.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Rascyc posted:

I might just wing it for once and deal with the consequences if you don't miss out on too much for lack of 108.

If I remember correctly 2 is better than most of the series about missable characters. The major ones are Gilbert which is don't let him die in battle and Futch and Humphrey which is when you go to Matilda for the first time leave as soon as you can and go to the other town in the region. They are pretty hard to miss once you're there, but the plot can sweep you along out of that region at which point you can only come back after they count the stars.

Oh and Ayda, but to miss her you'd have to use both your sounding stones to recruit the two monsters she doesn't come with.

I think that's it? Everyone else can be collected at any time before the point of no return.

ed: there's actually a fun sequence break surrounding Futch and Humphrey. You can get to Matilda as soon as you get to Muse by just pushing the gate on the Muse/Matilda border. Doing this allows you to get access to some higher level armor as well as way tougher enemies that you can use to level up much higher than you normally could at that point. Also Futch and Humphrey's levels carry over from Suikoden 1 so if you beef them up you can actually finish their subquest early and get them as permanent party members back when they might actually be useful. As opposed to just picking them up at the front of their plot dungeon and 180ing out of there everytime your party resets.

Authorman fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 24, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Authorman posted:

I think that's it? Everyone else can be collected at any time before the point of no return.
Shiro, Kinnison, and Millie, too. Basically anyone optional to recruit before Luca Blight makes his first appearance who isn't Zamza.

quote:

Also Futch and Humphrey's levels carry over from Suikoden 1 so if you beef them up you can actually finish their subquest early and get them as permanent party members back when they might actually be useful. As opposed to just picking them up at the front of their plot dungeon and 180ing out of there everytime your party resets.
Their levels don't completely carry over, but yeah their level retention formulas are much more generous than Flik and Viktor's. The Matilda Gate trick is also one of the core elements of any sane run that includes Clive's sidequest because it turns twenty-minute boss fights into three-minute speed bumps.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As someone who's gotten all 108 stars in all five Suikoden games, my personal ranking list is 2, 5, 1, 3, then 4. I actually enjoyed all five games, but 3 and 5 are really slow to start.

In regards to the Suikoden I -> II import, here you go: http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/Bonuses+From+Suikoden+Data

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Authorman posted:

ed: there's actually a fun sequence break surrounding Futch and Humphrey. You can get to Matilda as soon as you get to Muse by just pushing the gate on the Muse/Matilda border. Doing this allows you to get access to some higher level armor as well as way tougher enemies that you can use to level up much higher than you normally could at that point.
Which is made possible by your main character getting some instant death abilities from their rune.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zereth posted:

Which is made possible by your main character getting some instant death abilities from their rune.

You can do it before they get the rune actually, which sequence breaks because it shows up in a cutscene anyway. It's mostly just about surviving a fight or two while Humphry and Futch solo the enemies.

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You can do it before they get the rune actually, which sequence breaks because it shows up in a cutscene anyway. It's mostly just about surviving a fight or two while Humphry and Futch solo the enemies.

I was actually just starting a S2 playthrough and had never heard of any of this. I ran over to Matilda pass, got lucky with Jowy surviving a fight with some zombie worms or whatever the hell they are, and then just owned a bunch of suckers with his rune.

The "glitch" has to be intentional on the developers part right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was actually just starting a S2 playthrough and had never heard of any of this. I ran over to Matilda pass, got lucky with Jowy surviving a fight with some zombie worms or whatever the hell they are, and then just owned a bunch of suckers with his rune.

Nope, they fixed it in the PSP rerelase as far as I'm aware. It's just a really weird oversight with the pushable block. The gate is accidentally set to "pushable" when the map loads.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Nobody here would be versed well enough in the save editor to help me out with a Nar Shadaa bug? I keep on getting crashes right before the Duros bounty hunters fight (going back to previous saves, the game starts crashing at earlier points, after/before the Twin Suns fight).

I am using the latest version of the restoration mod (1.8.2) and this was a fresh save.

Game was also randomly crashing on every forth or so load screen for some time now (it wasn't so bad initially).

e:actually it seems all my previous saves now crash after any cutscene, wtf?

I replayed (second time on pc, two and a half times on xbox) that somewhat recently and never got any crashes nor had to force windowed mode.

Actually no I think I got some crashes but I dont even remember what they were related to.

I hope you're not using the droid planet. Even with it being restored content there is a valid reason why it's not in the main game, it's just loving boring padding and fetch quests that has you running back and forth over the linear path over and over again. It's almost as bad as dragon age 2 if dragon age 2 was fun at all times except for that level.

As for Kreia, you always fail her expectations because she's an old hag who thinks everyone who isn't her is useless.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Suikoden 2 is actually really buggy and filled with bizarre translation errors. One of the main characters is called by three different spelling of their name throughout the game. The singer character's only requirement to joining is to listen to her song... Which never plays and you get three minutes of silence as she flaps her lips.

Also if you can bring along Futch on the Greenhill mission even though he isn't supposed to be in the party yet. It has some interesting results.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I replayed (second time on pc, two and a half times on xbox) that somewhat recently and never got any crashes nor had to force windowed mode.

Actually no I think I got some crashes but I dont even remember what they were related to.

I hope you're not using the droid planet. Even with it being restored content there is a valid reason why it's not in the main game, it's just loving boring padding and fetch quests that has you running back and forth over the linear path over and over again. It's almost as bad as dragon age 2 if dragon age 2 was fun at all times except for that level.

As for Kreia, you always fail her expectations because she's an old hag who thinks everyone who isn't her is useless.

No that was without the droid planet mod. Game's just buggy as hell, even with the mod work. Playing on a modern OS doesn't help either.

I'm all for Kreia ultimately not accepting you, but she should do so because she disproves of your choices (for whatever reasons), not because you're blatantly forced to act in a way she won't like.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

No that was without the droid planet mod. Game's just buggy as hell, even with the mod work. Playing on a modern OS doesn't help either.

I'm all for Kreia ultimately not accepting you, but she should do so because she disproves of your choices (for whatever reasons), not because you're blatantly forced to act in a way she won't like.

I suppose so yeah. I gave it a little more leeway because lucasarts hosed them over so they were rushed in probably a few parts.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I personally kinda liked that there's no way to make Kreia approve of you. It suits her personality. Kreia is really obsessed with the "right way" to do things. Like most people with that mindset, there's no real way to appeal to her short of being her. On the other hand, that is exactly what she doesn't want. You can't satisfy her demands because they're contradictory, even though she doesn't realize it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

I personally kinda liked that there's no way to make Kreia approve of you. It suits her personality. Kreia is really obsessed with the "right way" to do things. Like most people with that mindset, there's no real way to appeal to her short of being her. On the other hand, that is exactly what she doesn't want. You can't satisfy her demands because they're contradictory, even though she doesn't realize it.

You're missing my point. I explained it in my earlier post.

Rinkles posted:

I am disappointed and frustrated that as a DSer you're funneled into dialog choices in the Jedi Enclave Kreia confrontation. Despite the deaths of jedi council members being mostly the result of them giving me no alternatives - I was mostly dark side, but was not a raving lunatic psychopath (unless an opportunity to make thugs jump off sky scrappers presented itself) - there's no way to express regret, or even suggest dissatisfaction at how things ended up, thus failing Kreia's expectations.

It's an important moment and sets up the finale; essential to the plot. But why bother providing the player with a series of choices if they all say the same thing? I have no problem with fatalism and am all for limiting the placer character's ability to impart change. Here, however, you lose control over your character because you are given one choice and you must take it. Obsidian usually manages to avoid giving the player false choices (different looking choices that are actually treated the same), so it's especially disappointing that for such a pivotal moment they simply only provide you with one (well 5 that say the same murderous thing).

I much prefer how the LS version pans out, because it doesn't pretend you have any agency (by incapacitating you). It's a more elegant solution to attaching a linear story to a vehicle with the audience's input, because it's sincere about not listening.

The problem isn't the exile's inability to satisfy an impossible ideal, it's that the game won't even let them try - worse it'll make them say one thing in particular. It's a "but thou must!" situation without the game bothering to show you the fake dead end choice.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

You're missing my point.
No, I just don't really care about your point. I don't care about the fake choice and this is why. Think differently if you want, but don't tell me I'm "not getting it" just for not agreeing with you.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

No, I just don't really care about your point. I don't care about the fake choice and this is why. Think differently if you want, but don't tell me I'm "not getting it" just for not agreeing with you.

So could you in any way address my point then? You don't care about the fake choice because...? "This is why" meaning what? I wrote that you missed the point because you seemed to entirely ignore it. Discussion usually entails addressing each others arguments, which means understanding (and caring) about them. Why post if you're not interested in sharing opinions, and if you are could you actually respond to points people bring up?

I was not advocating it be possible to be accepted by Kreia, in case you missed that. Nothing I wrote was contradictory with your initial post, btw, which I agree with.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That's why I said I don't care. I ignored your point because I completely forgot you had ever previously posted in this thread. I wasn't responding to you at all. I'm not missing your earlier argument because I wasn't aware you even had one to make. Stop being so self-important.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
I dug up Rogue Galaxy last night, and ended up doing nothing but the Factory for a few hours. I remember having fun with it when I first played it, did anyone else enjoy that portion of the game, or remember any games with similar crafting systems?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

That's why I said I don't care. I ignored your point because I completely forgot you had ever previously posted in this thread. I wasn't responding to you at all. I'm not missing your earlier argument because I wasn't aware you even had one to make. Stop being so self-important.

I didn't think you remembered my old post, but since I was quoted, I thought it was an interesting topic to bring up again. Not certain what you're so miffed about, but I don't think I care anymore.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The conclave portion of Kotor2 is easily one of the weaker moments, ignoring the cut content of course. I think they just had to finally agree on a final bottleneck to setup a single finale instead of multiple finales, especially when you consider how your companions were supposed to act in the finale too (which is restored now, but meh).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

The hell's with you?

But yeah, the conclave moment in KOTOR2 is pretty odd, but there's some weirder stuff in KOTOR2 so it never stood out to me. As an aside, I still haven't gotten around to playing the restored mod - I keep meaning to, but I always get distracted by something else. Is it mindblowing enough to be worth making time for immediately, or is it just some neat additions?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rascyc posted:

The conclave portion of Kotor2 is easily one of the weaker moments, ignoring the cut content of course. I think they just had to finally agree on a final bottleneck to setup a single finale instead of multiple finales, especially when you consider how your companions were supposed to act in the finale too (which is restored now, but meh).

I've read a few interviews and general articles about what could have been but not much on that part. You or anybody have a detailed post mortem to delve into?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

The hell's with you?

But yeah, the conclave moment in KOTOR2 is pretty odd, but there's some weirder stuff in KOTOR2 so it never stood out to me. As an aside, I still haven't gotten around to playing the restored mod - I keep meaning to, but I always get distracted by something else. Is it mindblowing enough to be worth making time for immediately, or is it just some neat additions?

I never played the game without the restored mod so I wouldn't know. However, there were rather few moments in the game that felt weird and obviously missing content (actually the only stuff that was out of place were a few of the restored bits; like out of nowhere Mandalore stepping on a mine on Nihilus' bridge!), so that may be why the conclave scene in particular did stand out to me - that said, I think the DS is handled worse and I wasn't as bothered by the LS version.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Just want to point out that if you like old-school dungeon crawlers like Wizardry then pick up Paper Sorcerer for $5. The style is like literally playing through a D&D monster manual and from brief impressions there's some adventurey stuff in regard to environmental interactions you'll stumble upon (ie it's not 100% combat). Having a lot more fun with it than M&M-X.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263560/

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rinkles posted:

I am disappointed and frustrated that as a DSer you're funneled into dialog choices in the Jedi Enclave Kreia confrontation. Despite the deaths of jedi council members being mostly the result of them giving me no alternatives - I was mostly dark side, but was not a raving lunatic psychopath (unless an opportunity to make thugs jump off sky scrappers presented itself) - there's no way to express regret, or even suggest dissatisfaction at how things ended up, thus failing Kreia's expectations.

It's an important moment and sets up the finale; essential to the plot. But why bother providing the player with a series of choices if they all say the same thing? I have no problem with fatalism and am all for limiting the placer character's ability to impart change. Here, however, you lose control over your character because you are given one choice and you must take it. Obsidian usually manages to avoid giving the player false choices (different looking choices that are actually treated the same), so it's especially disappointing that for such a pivotal moment they simply only provide you with one (well 5 that say the same murderous thing).

I much prefer how the LS version pans out, because it doesn't pretend you have any agency (by incapacitating you). It's a more elegant solution to attaching a linear story to a vehicle with the audience's input, because it's sincere about not listening.

I'm not even going to entertain the possibility that it's the dark side consuming the PC (though that's kind of how Treia interprets it; if only she knew the exile had no choice!) because at almost all other significant plot points after and before you have some determination (even if the outcome is always the same). Plus, you can have this conversation with any alignment if you play your cards right.
I'll just address the original point because I really love Kotor2 and talking about it.

The Conclave is basically a scripted ending to the Jedi story at the heart of the game, much like how the verbal duel with Atris much earlier in the game is the scripted start of the whole Jedi story, which functions mostly the same way. What happens afterwards is basically the finale to the Kreia arc. While I get the argument that the choices feel false, the line has to be drawn somewhere in order to make a beginning and an ending to what amounted to a pretty linear story. The difference is really the delivery. As a Dark Side, you pretty much straight up murdered the jedi masters. Ergo at the conclave, you get exactly what you deserve because this was ultimately not Kreia's goal for you. It's actually a really good ending I feel, because I feel it did exactly what it set out to do: make you feel like crap. I mean if you like Kreia, her line to you about being a disappointment should hit hard. Must have worked, cause here you are expressing frustration! :)

Likewise as light side, things don't go according to Kreia's plan when the masters decide to just treat you like poo poo all over again despite the journey. If anything the Conclave during the Light Side pretty much punctuates the point that Avelonne & Co really did not like Jedis and the force and just made an example of it again (which honestly, that's what half of Kreia's role in the story is).

The reason the Conclave is a little on the weak side isn't because of this though, it's simply because they could have done a lot more with it to segue into the Kreia finale. But Kreia's absence was mostly intentional here. The Jedi story is the Exile's and not Kreia's, and it isn't until the masters decide to repeat their mistakes that Kreia finally steps in.

I guess in a way my criticism is more how the Kreia finale gets handled.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 26, 2014

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Is Rogue Galaxy fun? Just recently heard of it and watched some gameplay. Looks like it does a lot of my fav things in RPGs. It also doesn't seemed obnoxiously anime like the poison that is the Star Ocean games.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanted to like it but the random encounter rate was just too much for me to handle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Is Rogue Galaxy fun? Just recently heard of it and watched some gameplay. Looks like it does a lot of my fav things in RPGs. It also doesn't seemed obnoxiously anime like the poison that is the Star Ocean games.

No. gently caress no it is not fun. It is super grindy and the gameplay is dead simple. You have to grind for levels, grind enemies to get drops so you learn new skills for your party members and then navigate some of the blandest dungeons ever made. And the story is terrible. And the encounter rate is high. And the last boss doesn't even use your levels / stats / skills because you control something else.

gently caress it was a bad game.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No. gently caress no it is not fun. It is super grindy and the gameplay is dead simple. You have to grind for levels, grind enemies to get drops so you learn new skills for your party members and then navigate some of the blandest dungeons ever made. And the story is terrible. And the encounter rate is high. And the last boss doesn't even use your levels / stats / skills because you control something else.

gently caress it was a bad game.

Srice posted:

I wanted to like it but the random encounter rate was just too much for me to handle.

Well that's all I needed to hear. Thanks ya'll.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rascyc posted:

I'll just address the original point because I really love Kotor2 and talking about it.

The Conclave is basically a scripted ending to the Jedi story at the heart of the game, much like how the verbal duel with Atris much earlier in the game is the scripted start of the whole Jedi story, which functions mostly the same way. What happens afterwards is basically the finale to the Kreia arc. While I get the argument that the choices feel false, the line has to be drawn somewhere in order to make a beginning and an ending to what amounted to a pretty linear story. The difference is really the delivery. As a Dark Side, you pretty much straight up murdered the jedi masters. Ergo at the conclave, you get exactly what you deserve because this was ultimately not Kreia's goal for you. It's actually a really good ending I feel, because I feel it did exactly what it set out to do: make you feel like crap. I mean if you like Kreia, her line to you about being a disappointment should hit hard. Must have worked, cause here you are expressing frustration! :)

Likewise as light side, things don't go according to Kreia's plan when the masters decide to just treat you like poo poo all over again despite the journey. If anything the Conclave during the Light Side pretty much punctuates the point that Avelonne & Co really did not like Jedis and the force and just made an example of it again (which honestly, that's what half of Kreia's role in the story is).

The reason the Conclave is a little on the weak side isn't because of this though, it's simply because they could have done a lot more with it to segue into the Kreia finale. But Kreia's absence was mostly intentional here. The Jedi story is the Exile's and not Kreia's, and it isn't until the masters decide to repeat their mistakes that Kreia finally steps in.

I guess in a way my criticism is more how the Kreia finale gets handled.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

My problem with the DS resolution at the conclave is two fold. But first, I want to say that I understand why it's important to Kreia's character that she always be ultimately disappointed with her pupil -- and that the game is constructed in a way that makes her disappointment inevitable (this I don't have much of a problem with). There isn't enough mutability in the game to allow a perfect Kreia run: you can only resolve most conflicts in two ways, and some part of the outcome will be contrary to what Kreia would like. This is fine, because there shouldn't always be a perfect answer, something Kreia sometimes, perhaps, forgets to consider.

The issue I have with this is that the game fails to react to the sum of these actions -- at the conclave -- with any subtlety. Like I said, in my latest run I was reluctant to pursue evil for evil's sake, and the primary determinants for the conclave outcome (which master jedis lived) were out of my hands (I'm sure Kreia would love that excuse). I didn't want to kill Kavar but after siding with the rebellion, he wouldn't let me leave without a fight. I let Zez-Kai live, but upon entering the enclave he attacked. Vrook I may have gotten into a disagreement and killed. (gently caress that arrogant rear end in a top hat). Yes I deserved condemnation for that one maybe (I tried to avoid conflict, but I must have tripped some aggresion flag). The point is, I killed them mostly in self defense, and Kreia should be aware of this. The exile should be aware of this. But instead, you're only able to celebrate their deaths when Kreia asks. (Should be an option where you feel remorse for everyone except Vrook's dead rear end). The jedi deaths were my failure, and Kreia should rightfully chastise and probably abandon me for it (given her temprament). But that's not why she abandons me or any DS exile, she does it because the DS exile is a corrupt evil rear end in a top hat that cherished the deaths of the jedi by necessity. Kreia should show me how big of a hypocrite fool I was in holding contradictory views, how I succumbed to the DS despite better intentions, or generally attack my wishy washy (or any other grey exile's) morality, or anything at all instead of the game suddenly determining the exile's motivations for them. Something like the Fallout endings in Kreia form would be neat, but I'd settle for any acknowledgement of greyness. This may well be related to production problems, something there simply wasn't time to develop, but it's an issue to me nonetheless.

A well reasoned deconstruction of my moral persona would've been so much more devastating than forcing me to say something I didn't mean, because she'd have been right. Am I expecting too much of a rushed videogame? Maybe, but like I said I would have settled for her not asking me a single thing if it meant the game didn't choose dialog for me.

And I don't remember what my second problem was, :downs:, though I probably incorporated it into the above.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 26, 2014

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
I had a lot of fun with Rogue Galaxy. The encounter rate was too high, but I liked the combat and I really liked the art style.

The upgrade system was kind of weird, since you had to use items, but I never felt like I had to grind to get new abilities. I typically had enough to level up from just playing.

And like I said before, I really liked the Factory crafting system. Unfortunate it just unlocked items in shops, but I enjoyed setting up the factories.

But yeah, the story sucks.

Factory Davey fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 26, 2014

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Not to mention, I've heard that a lot of people had problems getting their PS2s just to read the disk. The only thing I really remember about Rogue Galaxy was having to make repeated attempts to get it to work.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The English version of Rogue Galaxy is the Director's Cut version, which is on a Dual-Layer DVD. A lot of PS2s have trouble reading those discs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
In this kind of vein, can anyone recommend any JRPGs that are fun to play precisely because the encounter rate isn't obnoxiously high?