Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It would be a step up for Hunnam, IMO.

Maybe he read the outline for Pacific Rim 2 and realised he was already in one franchise where the supposedly strong female character falls head over heels for the inexplicably amazing douche he plays so he figured there was no need to double down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

PriorMarcus posted:

Maybe he read the outline for Pacific Rim 2

Hahahahahahaha

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

penismightier posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

penismightier posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

wait. It's set...in SEATTLE?
No. nooooo. nooooooo.
:smith:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spatula City posted:

No. nooooo. nooooooo.

Oh nooooooo! This film adaption of a widely-successful book that nerds hate is being set in a city of over six hundred thousand people! Nooooo not my sprawling metropolis!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Oh nooooooo! This film adaption of a widely-successful book that nerds hate is being set in a city of over six hundred thousand people! Nooooo not my sprawling metropolis!

I think it could be a fun thing. Maybe you'll get an influx of bored 40+ women looking for something kinky at your local watering hole. That's the general idea I have of the book and its proponents.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Slasherfan posted:

I just saw this and thought it was one of the cheesiest horror posters I've seen

If you want, you can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_Nu20ulS0 thanks to our old friend BurialGround.

Although I really,
really,
wouldn't recommend it.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

37: A very specific micro-genre

Trilogy of Terror

Ooga Booga (alternate tagline is "Racists, beware!")

Ragdoll

Charlie Boy (repackaged 'Hammer House of Horror' episode)

Black Devil Doll from Hell

Black Devil Doll (poster by the Shock Festival guy but this is a real movie)

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Valentines Day?

hahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahaa

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ShufflerZero posted:

If you want, you can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_Nu20ulS0 thanks to our old friend BurialGround.

Although I really,
really,
wouldn't recommend it.

Oh, is it really the same The Jar? I loving love this thing. It's hard to tell because they barely show the thing in the titular Jar in the movie but the movie itself is just sideways enough to be rewatchable.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ShufflerZero posted:

Although I really,
really,
wouldn't recommend it.

I would.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

:dap:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Spatula City posted:

No. nooooo. nooooooo.

You know you could just ignore it, right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

You know you could just ignore it, right?

Don't you understand? Seattle is like another character in this movie, and now he has to tell people that he lives in a character that was featured in 50 Shades.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ShufflerZero posted:

Tagline referencing Dollman, from the same studio.

Anyway.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Poster for the upcoming film which is sort of a follow up to Wet Hot American Summer.

Going back a few pages but a review from the only site I usually check is up and it's insanely positive. Light spoilers in the review, but it just made me more excited for the movie.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ShufflerZero posted:

It's a shame that the doll segment isn't featured on the poster for Tales of the Hood, the best horror anthology film that people assume is stupid because of the title. I'd add the poster to this post, but frankly it's so dull that it's not worth the effort of going to imgur for it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Anyone have any recommendations for interesting, classic horizontal posters? Looking to fill a spot on the wall. I've already got these hanging.

ShufflerZero posted:

I love that they got Karen Black for this. I guess she's the Jamie Lee Curtis of Zuni fetish dolls.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't know if I should be surprised that Chris Penn as in "Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs" Chris Penn is in this, but that guy was in a lot of poo poo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vagabundo posted:

I don't know if I should be surprised that Chris Penn as in "Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs" Chris Penn is in this, but that guy was in a lot of poo poo.

Fist of the North Star is one of the worst movies I've sat through.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

morestuff posted:

Bullshit.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

I miss the days when martial artists were inexplicably given starring roles in movies. Like Cynthia Rothrock, she was cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

morestuff posted:

This movie owns and is also the only other movie I can think of that has Rufuo from Hook.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ariza posted:

I think it could be a fun thing. Maybe you'll get an influx of bored 40+ women looking for something kinky at your local watering hole. That's the general idea I have of the book and its proponents.

Yeah, that's been going on for years now.
http://www.metropologie.com/tour/fifty-shades-of-grey/

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

penismightier posted:

Hahahahahahaha

I can actually post the outline for Pacific Rim 2 here:

Outline for Pacific Rim 2 posted:

Robots

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You forgot accents so bad it made it actually unwatchable to anyone familiar with the real thing.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Confession. As a self named 80's movie buff, I can't believe it's the first time I ever saw this (Google searched movie posters). How is this possible? I own Hercules in New York on tape. I don't know who I am anymore!

ubergnu fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 26, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There are a thousand things about these posters that are lovely and make me wish the creator would contract some hideous blinding disease - if they haven't already - but the worst has to be that he didn't even fill in Ed Neumeier's name properly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ubergnu posted:

Confession. As a self named 80's movie buff, I can't believe it's the first time I ever saw this (Google searched movie posters). How is this possible? I own Hercules in New York on tape. I don't know who I am anymore!

There used to be a great youtube video where someone had phonetically subtitled a horrible duet of Stallone and Parton from this movie, but I can't find it anymore. *pterodactyl noise*

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ubergnu posted:

This is a pretty famous movie man - even more so then Hercules in New York.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

MikeJF posted:

You forgot accents so bad it made it actually unwatchable to anyone familiar with the real thing.

Oh god, those Australian accents - HOW? What I don't get is that the Australians were played by pretty no-name actors, so..if you're not trying for big names, then why the hell wouldn't you just get some actual Australians? It's not as if it's impossible to get two related-looking Australian guys in good shape who can act Ok.

ubergnu posted:

RHINESTONE

Alcohollywood did a great podcast review of it. It certainly sounds special (read: awful.)

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

davidspackage posted:

There used to be a great youtube video where someone had phonetically subtitled a horrible duet of Stallone and Parton from this movie, but I can't find it anymore. *pterodactyl noise*

That was actually us - Alcohollywood did videos to accompany reviews for awhile. Unfortunately, both Blip and Youtube have taken it down, though I think Jared's got it somewhere.

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

CelticPredator posted:

Mondo's new 300 2 poster.

It's interesting. I'll give it that.

What the gently caress is it about Mondo posters that drive everybody into such a froth? There's a few that are actually artfully handled and reflect in some meaningful way on the source material, but regardless of quality they're always sold out in seconds, and the ones that get posted back up on eBay are so outrageously marked up that they're practically unattainable anyways. I don't know if I'm more irritated at the success of the ones that sort of suck, or at the fact that I can't get the ones which don't.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Axeface posted:

What the gently caress is it about Mondo posters that drive everybody into such a froth? There's a few that are actually artfully handled and reflect in some meaningful way on the source material, but regardless of quality they're always sold out in seconds, and the ones that get posted back up on eBay are so outrageously marked up that they're practically unattainable anyways. I don't know if I'm more irritated at the success of the ones that sort of suck, or at the fact that I can't get the ones which don't.

I don't like Mondo posters, but let's please not start this derail again.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am really curious to see how well 50 Shades does and so should all nerds because this may be the beginning of another rated R renaissance.

I thought it was going to be pretty tame, which makes me wonder why they're even bothering. Mostly I'm just annoyed that they didn't let Bret Easton Ellis adapt it. Anyway, if it brings back actual capital-s Sexuality in movies I'll gladly give it my momney.

edit: I'm not even going to fix that perfect Freudian typo

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Criminal Minded posted:

I thought it was going to be pretty tame, which makes me wonder why they're even bothering. Mostly I'm just annoyed that they didn't let Bret Easton Ellis adapt it. Anyway, if it brings back actual capital-s Sexuality in movies I'll gladly give it my momney.

edit: I'm not even going to fix that perfect Freudian typo

Ritt Momney?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
They're not exactly posters but loving :aslol: at every one of these Empire covers for Days of Future Past: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114003

Starring Peter Dinklage as someone who fell out of American Hustle apparently. Also

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 27, 2014

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Oh my god those are amazingly awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
That... Quicksilver looks like a cosplayer. A bad one.