Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It also depends on the release. The "merge" function and all it's friends threw a lot of people off for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005
The final state of spawn on Goon Planet on our server. Rail system wrapped around the planet, with multiple stops along the way, everyone carving out their own little spot.

starbound.420yoloswag.com when the patch hits, for anyone new or returning. If a password gets put on, check PGS. If you've got the rail tech, it's worth a check out before the wipe!

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

SpeedRazor posted:

The final state of spawn on Goon Planet on our server. Rail system wrapped around the planet, with multiple stops along the way, everyone carving out their own little spot.

starbound.420yoloswag.com when the patch hits, for anyone new or returning. If a password gets put on, check PGS. If you've got the rail tech, it's worth a check out before the wipe!

What're the coordinates? Never done multiplayer before.

edit: nevermind, got it.

Tres Burritos fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 25, 2014

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005

Tres Burritos posted:

What're the coordinates? Never done multiplayer before.

X:4235722 Y:-98498119
Alpha Velocia 5773 and Ia is the planet in that system

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SpeedRazor posted:

I'd love to come by and take a look at things but everytime I beam down to the planet I get a runtime crash so yeah

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Ok, this made me laugh way harder than it should have, so I took a screenshot for posterity.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

EricFate posted:

Ok, this made me laugh way harder than it should have, so I took a screenshot for posterity.

That reply certainly has a point.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

I'd love to come by and take a look at things but everytime I beam down to the planet I get a runtime crash so yeah

My computer can barely load in the spawn, I think next homeworld we need to have a "no building huge things at spawn" guideline. Maybe also zone out the planet into sections so everything isn't crowded in one spot.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

EricFate posted:

That certainly is something else.

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005

Roflex posted:

My computer can barely load in the spawn, I think next homeworld we need to have a "no building huge things at spawn" guideline. Maybe also zone out the planet into sections so everything isn't crowded in one spot.

Yeah a small welcome station would be nice with arrows and rails pointing off to the side. I'd like to colonize a large planet to start next time as well instead of a small one.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Wheres the drat patch anyways? I havent played for 2 weeks now because It's going to be wiped.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it

FrickenMoron posted:

Wheres the drat patch anyways? I havent played for 2 weeks now because It's going to be wiped.

Sometime this weekend they said. So I guess if we waited 2 weeks then we can wait 2 more days.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

FrickenMoron posted:

Keep in mind that if the extra testing they are doing on this patch turns up something terrifying, it might be a while. It'll hit when it hits.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
70s Apex Village in Delta. Haven't seen an Apex village before so:

X -53195676
Y 84387247

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Splizwarf posted:

Keep in mind that if the extra testing they are doing on this patch turns up something terrifying, it might be a while. It'll hit when it hits.

The more bugtesting they do, the better the patch will be, and I appreciate it.

That said, it's pretty annoying that they dangled the "final character wipe" carrot while also claiming it would be out around Monday.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

The more bugtesting they do, the better the patch will be, and I appreciate it.

That said, it's pretty annoying that they dangled the "final character wipe" carrot while also claiming it would be out around Monday.

I've never understood this trend of attaching some sort of intent, mischievous or malicious, to things that fall under the category of 'poo poo happens'. I'm sure they wanted to get that patch out Monday as much as we wanted to have it and be done with it finally, 'dangling the carrot' is hilariously unfair.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I certainly could have worded it better, I'm not trying to act all Internet Entitled or anything like that and I definitely don't think it was intentional. poo poo happens. I just would have rather had them not give an ETA at all, maybe give an update saying it's coming soon and then give us like a two-day warning before it actually drops.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

If you check out the goonworld and lack the skyrail tech, there's nine of them in a small wooden crate about a screen left of the spawn.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Roflex posted:

If you check out the goonworld and lack the skyrail tech, there's nine of them in a small wooden crate about a screen left of the spawn.

How is goonworld accessed? I typed starbound.420yoloswag.com into the server address portion and the client spit back an error. Do I need an actual IP?

nvm, had to append :21025

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 25, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Being part of the secret club of Internal Testers (tm), I can honestly say that there were quite a few big big bugs that would've been hilarious to hear people cry about if the patch had rolled out without this internal bug testing. :allears:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This game needs to loving patch already, I'm so bored

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Babyface Mingo posted:

Being part of the secret club of Internal Testers (tm), I can honestly say that there were quite a few big big bugs that would've been hilarious to hear people cry about if the patch had rolled out without this internal bug testing. :allears:

Anything you can disclose about that?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
HA HA TIY I DIDN'T SIGN A NDA so, it really just boils down to huge engine changes = lots of stuff getting hosed up and it's really that simple. Couple of examples are that since they're adding 'lore' to the bosses, the robot boss only dropped a book in the first beta-beta build we got which meant no processor = no progression past robot boss. Rain wasn't being rendered properly, some of the mini-boss mobs were unkillable due to some of their new attacks messing poo poo up, big dungeons weren't spawning, and a lot of other bugs..

It has a kind of butterfly effect I suppose, and we run around trying to make sure to catch all the big big bugs before they push it out. Then they fix the less common and smaller issues from there. So y'know, they're really pushing it as much as they can to make it a proper patch. Probably the reason why the only thing I can think of when I see someone mention "when is the patch" is "shut the gently caress up".
v:v:v

Bartwe is also streaming currently. http://www.twitch.tv/bartwe

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Babyface Mingo posted:

HA HA TIY I DIDN'T SIGN A NDA so, it really just boils down to huge engine changes = lots of stuff getting hosed up and it's really that simple. Couple of examples are that since they're adding 'lore' to the bosses, the robot boss only dropped a book in the first beta-beta build we got which meant no processor = no progression past robot boss. Rain wasn't being rendered properly, some of the mini-boss mobs were unkillable due to some of their new attacks messing poo poo up, big dungeons weren't spawning, and a lot of other bugs..

It has a kind of butterfly effect I suppose, and we run around trying to make sure to catch all the big big bugs before they push it out. Then they fix the less common and smaller issues from there. So y'know, they're really pushing it as much as they can to make it a proper patch. Probably the reason why the only thing I can think of when I see someone mention "when is the patch" is "shut the gently caress up".

Bartwe is also streaming currently. http://www.twitch.tv/bartwe

Instruments are fixed right? I don't care when, I just need to know if. THIS IS VITAL.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

quote:

.abc files with comments no longer crash the game, plus various .abc fixes as far as key signatures/timing

from here

Also, I love how right after I read

Babyface Mingo posted:

Probably the reason why the only thing I can think of when I see someone mention "when is the patch" is "shut the gently caress up".

I clicked the stream link only to be greeted by dozens of people arguing in the chat about the patch being late.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Babyface Mingo posted:

As someone who works in software QA, I wholeheartedly sympathize. Patch gets here when it gets here. Thanks for helping test.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Tiy posted:

Tiy ‏@Tiyuri 9m

All the bugs that came up in testing are fixed. Doing a final round of testing. Let's hope nothing else is found.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Aside from there being other things in life to do, it's been really helping my mindset to also remind myself IT IS STILL PHASE ONE BETA.

I mean, sure. I'm going to play again once the patch hits and the situation is not hotfix appocolypse. But keeping my expectations low because it's just something to screw around in land and not plots and polished endgame stuff mean I won't go bonkers without it.

My biggest "problem" with Starbound right now is that the 3x3 pickaxe with 1x1 option has loving ruined me when it comes to trying to get back into Terraria. Oh sweet Christing Christ digging one block at a time :suicide:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
God I know, playing terraria today was a nightmare because of that.

Edit: Holy poo poo the chucklefish forums right now, you poor bastards.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 26, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Entitled loving gaming nerds are the worst.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I am playing terraria and have gold/titanium tier with some special weapons. I am not doing multiplayer and decided to choose a medium world.

Did I gently caress up? should I just keep the character and make a small world instead? is it a big deal?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

redreader posted:

I am playing terraria and have gold/titanium tier with some special weapons. I am not doing multiplayer and decided to choose a medium world.

Did I gently caress up? should I just keep the character and make a small world instead? is it a big deal?

Last I remember the min maxing strategy was to have a small world to farm materials on and a large or medium as your do things in world. I made a large world and ate the time sink to find my things. :shrug:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

redreader posted:

You don't generally find enough more things on larger world to make it worth the added time between them unless you have a ton of people scouring the planet. It's not a huge problem but it's a lot easier to get bored not finding stuff if you're not on a small world.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Michael Reilly (@OmnipotentEntit) on Twitter posted:

So... the update was completed and uploaded, then I discovered a serialization bug, so I have to fix that before it can be made live... :/ Problem is it's not a *bug* it's a *class of bugs* so the rest of my night will be hunting down other instances of it elsewhere in code. It's literally a last minute thing, should be out tomorrow in the AM, after we write up patch notes, etc.

Patch coming tomorrow! I'm almost more excited that I won't have to wander into the official forums to try to find updates than for the patch itself. The outrage over minor delays over there is unbearable.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Okay, Desideratus, I give up. I apologize for asking this in-thread, but I don't have PMs. Is it possible to change the energy cost of Duck Nukem? I have looked through the files so many times and I can't find anything obvious that is obviously obvious. Halp. I want to spam ducks always and forever.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

The Easy Rider posted:

Patch coming tomorrow! I'm almost more excited that I won't have to wander into the official forums to try to find updates than for the patch itself. The outrage over minor delays over there is unbearable.

So Tomorrow in the AM being that they are on British time would be either super early morning Sunday or late Saturday night for those of us on the west coast right?

Also I know you guys read this thread so I just want to say thanks for what has undoubtedly been some sleepless nights getting this patch out the door. You guys are doing great.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Talorat posted:

So Tomorrow in the AM being that they are on British time would be either super early morning Sunday or late Saturday night for those of us on the west coast right?

Also I know you guys read this thread so I just want to say thanks for what has undoubtedly been some sleepless nights getting this patch out the door. You guys are doing great.

Twitter says the guy is in Atlanta, GA, so expect it Sunday morning :911: time.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Riftling posted:

Twitter says the guy is in Atlanta, GA, so expect it Sunday morning :911: time.

East Coast best Coast

Georgia is the worst state

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

goodness posted:

Georgia is the worst state

Preach it brother. :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

"IRC posted:

[00:59] <@OmnipotentEntity> I'll have to wait for one of either bartwe or kyren to get here though
[01:00] <@OmnipotentEntity> ok release build has been triggered
[01:01] <@OmnipotentEntity> now I'm going to write some documentation for this Furious Koala
[01:09] <monokoi> Is my assumption correct, that when the server has finished the build the patch will acutally go live?
[01:09] <@OmnipotentEntity> monokoi, no, it has to be manually done
[01:09] <@OmnipotentEntity> by kyren, because it's her server at her house
[01:10] <kyren> We are basically planning on doing it when I wake up I think
[01:14] <kyren> I'm only going to sleep forums 5 hrs hopefully

"Demanrisu on IRC" posted:

[01:04] <demanrisu> aa_: we're gonna be able to design encounters and push them out much more easily after this, I've heard
[01:04] <demanrisu> raze and I worked on a pretty interesting one a few weeks ago

Some exciting comments in IRC. Looks like this patch opens the floodgates for a lot of new content.

The Easy Rider fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 26, 2014

• Locked thread