Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Jabarto posted:

How is the new Apocalypse update? From looking at the Nexus page, all the spells I liked about are gone (no destructive cantrip, no feather fall, no spirit animals, etc.) and the spell list is like 1/3 of what it used to be. If anything it looks like a drastic step backwards.

Feather fall is there and listed on the page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

That's it, thanks. Yea, lots of issues and not updated since April. Someone seems to have fixed it though, but waiting for author's permission.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Jabarto posted:

How is the new Apocalypse update? From looking at the Nexus page, all the spells I liked about are gone (no destructive cantrip, no feather fall, no spirit animals, etc.) and the spell list is like 1/3 of what it used to be. If anything it looks like a drastic step backwards.

Feather Fall is still there, although it seems to have gone from flat immunity to "reduces falling damage by 10 points per Alteration skill level". And it looks like Destructive Cantrip has been replaced by Death Arc as far as "Destruction novice spell that does untyped magic damage" goes.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Goddaaaaaaaaamn Seorin, this mess I had with the game forced me to reinstall SPERG and I had no idea 4.0 was such a jump. So much stuff has been added.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jabarto posted:

I think that might be because the mod author is releasing additional spell mods that focus on a different school of magic. He's already got Alteration and Shouts done with Dwemerverse and Thunderchild, respectively, and supposedly he's working on the Conjuration school spell mod.

poptart_fairy posted:

Goddaaaaaaaaamn Seorin, this mess I had with the game forced me to reinstall SPERG and I had no idea 4.0 was such a jump. So much stuff has been added.

You've been running SPERG 3.0 this whole time??? :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, uh, turns out the Immersive Patrol NPCs will attack and kill their own commander for the sake of a dropped iron sword. Thanks for the Stormcloak leader gear, random goon!

Scyantific posted:

"Pft, 3.0 does everything I want why would I bother rechecking the page for a mod I've got installed. :smug:"

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 26, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well, any misgivings I had over Apocalypse 5.0 went away once I tried out the new Warpstrike spell.

I sent a random bandit to who-knows-where in a flash of lightning. She just yelped and then vanished... probably wound up inside a wall somewhere :D

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Dongattack posted:

Are there any risks with using mods that alter the respawn time for cells? I play on timescale 10, so days move past quite a bit slower and i like it that way, but the world can be a bit stagnant.

I use one that makes things respawn every day. It's pretty great for shopping and all that, but there's definitely a few issues. First, the thief in Riften keeps respawning, and I think events like vampire attacks with Dawnguard happen more frequently. Second, and this is something I haven't dealt with since I'm not dealing with Dragons til everything else is done this time, but having dragons respawn frequently seems like it'd get really annoying.

Hasn't broken any quests or anything thus far.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Dongattack posted:

Yeah, that wasn't at all what i asked tho.
What you're asking is basically if there are any quests that are hard-coded to depend on a certain respawn time, and I'm fairly certain there are not.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Scyantific posted:

I think that might be because the mod author is releasing additional spell mods that focus on a different school of magic. He's already got Alteration and Shouts done with Dwemerverse and Thunderchild, respectively, and supposedly he's working on the Conjuration school spell mod.

Dwemerverse is pretty cool fyi. I also have the dwemer power armor mod installed but the armor is OP as hell so once you get it the game ends.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Does anyone have a good suggestion for artifact adding/balancing mods?

I'm considering Morrowloot, which has the added benefit of making daedric unique, but if there was a simple "Hey Keening doesn't suck now" that would be awesome.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Do purple items mean missing textures or a lack of VRAM? I'm asking because all the Skyforge Steel weaponry stuff that the Companions use is purple but I can't think of anything that I have that would be telling Skyforge stuff to use invalid textures. I'm using the Hires DLC and Optimized Hires DLC pack thing.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I'm pretty sure that solid white textures are what happens when you run out of memory. Purple is a traditional TEXTURE NOT FOUND placeholder.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Read through the OP again in my hunt for random mods and discovered there isn't an alternate link for SRO.

I've got it, should I upload it somewhere? And if so what filehost would make the most sense?

(if uploading some german guys vidya game textures counts as :filez: let me know)

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

So, uh, turns out the Immersive Patrol NPCs will attack and kill their own commander for the sake of a dropped iron sword. Thanks for the Stormcloak leader gear, random goon!

"Pft, 3.0 does everything I want why would I bother rechecking the page for a mod I've got installed. :smug:"

When you install SPERG into a game already running, what happens to all the perks that you have? should i reset all my save files?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It'll be all weird and off at first, yes. The good thing is that you can just reset your perks and give yourself the appropriately smaller amount of perk points right there in the mod config menu.

Quift
May 11, 2012
I might a have a bug in SPERG.

I sent my unbound start lvl1 khajit to elseweyr via the mooonpath to get a backstory before heading back to skyrim an start up some regular quest. I plan to do a mage, and make a band of khajit (Me, j'zargo, karhjo, inigo etc) and roam the countryside as a wild pride murdering thalmor, plundering graves etc.

Anyway. In elseweyr I found the master level lightning destruction spell (renamed lightning 5 by better sorting and this has been my main way of killing things since I'm surrounded by quite high level huge as spiders.

But this doesnt level destruction at all? Bug or WAD?

should I mannually increase my destruction and what level would be fair? Cause the lvl1 flames does absolutly nothing towards anything here, and I haven't found another spell book so I kinda need to use this spell (which is sort of not overpowered when I have enough magicka to spew death for about a second.)

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
I installed Project ENB yesterday after building my new computer and I followed all of the instructions on the nexus page. I also have the hi-res texture pack installed. I noticed a very significant performance hit (fps in the low 20s and high teens in whiterun) and I was wondering if my system specs are not going to keep up with the requirements of ENB or if I've set something up wrong. Here's what I have:

i5 4570
gtx 660 2GB
8gb 1600 DDR3

So IDK, I am not particularly expert at modding or putting computers together. Could be that I need to tweak my new hardware since I basically just plugged the parts in, booted up and started playing.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

I installed Project ENB yesterday after building my new computer and I followed all of the instructions on the nexus page. I also have the hi-res texture pack installed. I noticed a very significant performance hit (fps in the low 20s and high teens in whiterun) and I was wondering if my system specs are not going to keep up with the requirements of ENB or if I've set something up wrong. Here's what I have:

i5 4570
gtx 660 2GB
8gb 1600 DDR3

So IDK, I am not particularly expert at modding or putting computers together. Could be that I need to tweak my new hardware since I basically just plugged the parts in, booted up and started playing.

That looks pretty similar to my setup. Kind of basic but check your drivers? If you've added new hardware and fired up Skyrim right away.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

i5 4570
gtx 660 2GB
8gb 1600 DDR3

If you didn't install your graphics cards drivers then do that, but it sounds like normal ENB performance to me.

Aren't Nvidia cards supposed to do ENB better anyway? I have a Radeon 7870 and just having ENB on without any effects drops my framerate from a smooth 60 fps to a jittery 45-55 fps.

E: f,b

PolarPear fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 26, 2014

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

PolarPear posted:

If you didn't install your graphics cards drivers then do that, but it sounds like normal ENB performance to me.

Aren't Nvidia cards supposed to do ENB better anyway? I have a Radeon 7870 and just having ENB on without any effects drops my framerate from a smooth 60 fps to a jittery 45-55 fps.

E: f,b

Just as a data point, I'm using Seasons of Skyrim with "Ultra Performance" setting on a Geforce 760 GTX and it runs at a constant 60 fps and looks gorgeous. Any of the other settings dropped it down into the 40s and 50s and only offered a marginal graphical improvement. The only difference I could see at all was faraway stuff getting blurry with the "better" versions.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Black Pants posted:

Do purple items mean missing textures or a lack of VRAM? I'm asking because all the Skyforge Steel weaponry stuff that the Companions use is purple but I can't think of anything that I have that would be telling Skyforge stuff to use invalid textures. I'm using the Hires DLC and Optimized Hires DLC pack thing.

Are you using the aMidianBorn Book of Silence pack? AFAIK that mod replaced the meshes for all the Skyforge stuff but some of them were missing textures so you need to download a hotfix. Beyond that, I can't think of anything that would touch that equipment.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Black Pants posted:

Start by going to https://www.skyrimgems.com and just grabbing anything that looks fun. :getin:

quote:

There are also combat-changing mods which alter combat from mildly to drastically, things like Deadly Combat and such. And finally there are mods which 'unlevel' the game, so enemies aren't semi-random levels based on your level, but are set and you need to level up to them.

Thanks, just grabbed a bunch of minor asthetic (improved run animations, roads on world map, etc) and quality of life mods from there.

Also installed SPERG and Deadly Combat. Am i supposed to have to configure these types of mods a lot, or do the default settings do for most players? E.g. deadly combat is supposed to make combat more challenging, does it do that by default or am i supposed to edit all those various modifiers in the mod configuration menu to get it to the level of challenging that i want? Because the thing is that combat seems a lot EASIER than without deadly combat installed...
It could of course be the fact that i started a new character and my previous frame of reference was being a skyrim newbie. Or maybe some weird interaction with SPERG and its automatic granting of perks?

As for SPERG, do i need to manually go into the Skyrim Uncapper mod settings to alter perk gain to only be every 2 levels, or does SPERG do this automatically if i have Uncapper installed?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm trying to find a mod that changes the default two hand standing animation to holding the weapon like this

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does cannibalism satisfy RNaD's hunger?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

99% sure it does, yes. Edit: 100%, and configurable in settings too.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

poptart_fairy posted:

I love that this is a thing that actually comes up.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008

LtSmash posted:

The SkyUI team have no interest in the crafting UI for some reason but an overhaul is possible. The UI is scaleform so its a flash / actionscript thing that's very different from other modding stuff which is why nobody has really done anything. I'm tempted to try something since crafting is so awful but my UI design skills are about as bad as you could imagine. If you're volunteering to do the layout I'd work on the coding.
I'll have to mull that over. I haven't exactly thought out what I'd like to see in-depth, aside from less kludgy and requires less of the interminable input you have to provide now. Ultimately, I think I'd try to emulate SkyUI as much as possible, so it could just be merged with their project at some point.

Looking over the actionscript for SkyUI and what they reverse-engineered, it looks just enough like C syntactically that I could get myself into trouble, if I can figure out what's doing what without a manual. I think I'll see if I can throw together something rudimentary. Since you seem more versed at it, maybe you'd be willing to correct my inevitable blunders.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Ineptitude posted:

As for SPERG, do i need to manually go into the Skyrim Uncapper mod settings to alter perk gain to only be every 2 levels, or does SPERG do this automatically if i have Uncapper installed?

So long as you put the .ini that came with SPERG in the right place.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Emong posted:

So long as you put the .ini that came with SPERG in the right place.

Oh! oooooh. :downs:

Well, that should fix that.

Do followers normally go into relax/loiter mode, or is that from the follower tweak addon I'm using? In any case it cracks me up when my Dark Elf mage wife decides that she needs to start blacksmithing right now while I'm discussing some quest with someone, or eat a Jarl's food, or start cooking at some random campsite somewhere.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 26, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Herrvillain posted:

I'll have to mull that over. I haven't exactly thought out what I'd like to see in-depth, aside from less kludgy and requires less of the interminable input you have to provide now. Ultimately, I think I'd try to emulate SkyUI as much as possible, so it could just be merged with their project at some point.

Looking over the actionscript for SkyUI and what they reverse-engineered, it looks just enough like C syntactically that I could get myself into trouble, if I can figure out what's doing what without a manual. I think I'll see if I can throw together something rudimentary. Since you seem more versed at it, maybe you'd be willing to correct my inevitable blunders.

I've never done anything in actionscript so my understanding is mostly based on papyrus/SKSE/skyproc stuff and some familiarity with the skyui source and the C like syntax. I'd just be willing to learn some AS since that would be way easier than trying to grow the layout/design part of my brain. If you want to play with the UI there are some hoops to jump through but this thread has very good getting started info.

Still a good vision is the #1 priority at this point. Nuts and bolts can be figured out but its no use if the result is more of a turd than vanilla. If you decide you (or anyone else) are serious about it starting a project/idea thread on the beth forums is probably a good idea. The skyui and skse people are super helpful and don't buy into the toxic parts of the 'mod community'.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

a kitten posted:

Do followers normally go into relax/loiter mode, or is that from the follower tweak addon I'm using? In any case it cracks me up when my Dark Elf mage wife decides that she needs to start blacksmithing right now while I'm discussing some quest with someone, or eat a Jarl's food, or start cooking at some random campsite somewhere.

Only Serana and other DLC followers should do that out of the box. If you figure out what mod does it, post it here, cause i want it :)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The only one I'm using is Amazing Follower Tweaks from the OP, and pretty much the only followers I've used are Lydia and Brelyna (e: and Vampire Girl Serana, forgot about her). So, if it's not default behavior for those three that has to be it.

edit: I'm not sure if they actually eat the food, she sure likes sitting down at the table and watching me discuss the End of the World with whoever though.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 26, 2014

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

a kitten posted:

The only one I'm using is Amazing Follower Tweaks from the OP, and pretty much the only followers I've used are Lydia and Brelyna (e: and Vampire Girl Serana, forgot about her). So, if it's not default behavior for those three that has to be it.

edit: I'm not sure if they actually eat the food, she sure likes sitting down at the table and watching me discuss the End of the World with whoever though.

Yeah, it's from AFT. Any action location for NPCs to do, they will move there and do that thing. Lydia was sitting in prayer in the Greybeards' place, and after I got the Mace of Molag Bal, she decided she wanted to try out this little number:

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
This is about as minor as mod problems go, but I'm having trouble getting this sucker to work. All it does is add a minor speechcraft boost for every book you read; I can't imagine that really touching anything else too heavily, and just to be sure I've put it on the very bottom of my MO load order. It shows up fine, nothing overwritten in either direction. Still not working, though. Can anybody throw me a bone on at least how to check what's going wrong?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

i5 4570
gtx 660 2GB
8gb 1600 DDR3

First, make sure you make sure you did everything right. Did you turn off the game's native AA? Make the recommended changes to the correct skyrimprefs.ini (the one in the installation folder, not the documents folder)?

Second, try turning off bloom, lensflare, and depth of field in enbseries.ini (just set them all to false).

Your rig is better than mine (I have an i5-2500, gtx 460) and once I did these two things, my fps is generally pretty good, even after extended play (which is now possible since skyrim doesn't crash any more). This is with a couple gigs of textures and about ~80-100 other mods. Keep at it!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Axeface posted:

This is about as minor as mod problems go, but I'm having trouble getting this sucker to work. All it does is add a minor speechcraft boost for every book you read; I can't imagine that really touching anything else too heavily, and just to be sure I've put it on the very bottom of my MO load order. It shows up fine, nothing overwritten in either direction. Still not working, though. Can anybody throw me a bone on at least how to check what's going wrong?

Depending on how the author did it, it may not show up as a huge "SPEECHCRAFT INCREASED |-------->--|" bar. There's also a few restrictions on what books affect it (can't be a bethesda skill book, must be a poem, history, etc).

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

Mortimer posted:

Depending on how the author did it, it may not show up as a huge "SPEECHCRAFT INCREASED |-------->--|" bar. There's also a few restrictions on what books affect it (can't be a bethesda skill book, must be a poem, history, etc).

I've checked everything a few times to make sure that it isn't this, and it definitely isn't. I actually had the drat mod working not two days ago, and it would give me little notifications when it was working--and then it just stopped, for no apparent reason. I haven't added any new mods or changed the load order since then, so I dunno if I'm just leading a wicked life or something, maybe.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Perhaps the script controlling it stopped running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

Ynglaur posted:

Perhaps the script controlling it stopped running?

So this is me not knowing poo poo: How would I check that, and if it's what's happening, how would I get the script to start back up again?

• Locked thread