Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

InitialDave posted:

I like them. Sensible city car with full luxury interior, I'd have one if I lived/worked in London.

Don't you have to buy a DBS or something and then you get a Cygnet? You can't buy them separatly right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

beedeebee posted:

Don't you have to buy a DBS or something and then you get a Cygnet? You can't buy them separatly right?

wikipedia posted:

Sales will not be restricted; however, it is expected that demand from existing Aston Martin owners for Cygnet would initially take priority.

The car has been canceled due to hilariously low sales - 150 units of of an expected 4,000.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Mister Kingdom posted:

The car has been canceled due to hilariously low sales - 150 units of of an expected 4,000.

:smith:

Well, it's not like I would have been able to afford one anyway.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

:smith:

Well, it's not like I would have been able to afford one anyway.
There's a blue one on Autotrader UK with 14k on the clock for just £19,000!!! Thats practically a bargain!

An '11 iQ with only 10,000k is just £6,500.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

There's a blue one on Autotrader UK with 14k on the clock for just £19,000!!! Thats practically a bargain!

An '11 iQ with only 10,000k is just £6,500.

How much would it cost to take an iQ and put in a super fancy interior?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Mister Kingdom posted:

How much would it cost to take an iQ and put in a super fancy interior?

More than just buying a Cygnet I'm sure. The whole interior is super-fancy hand stitched leather. Honestly even if I could afford the car I'd be afraid to ever touch the interior because, well...I tend to beat the poo poo out of interiors. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is beautiful.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I am really digging the square headlights.

I always love seeing american cars like this is out of place countries like Japan and Russia. It must get so much attention any time its in public.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

88h88 posted:

This is beautiful.

Amazing. I wanna get this framed

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm surprised, the car made a lot of sense in the bizarro world that is London. Your million+ pound flat would have a garage (or garridge, phonetically) where you park the real Aston, and this you cram into a permit bay on the street between two mid 90s Range Rovers. You take it to the shops and to restaurants, but when it's date night or high tea at the Ritz you park it for the DBS.

Actually none of that happens and people with that kind of money don't actually use city cars or drive themselves anywhere, hence the dismal sales.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Das Volk posted:

Actually none of that happens and people with that kind of money don't actually use city cars or drive themselves anywhere, hence the dismal sales.
I would, but I'm a poor.

You know you're around some moneyed individuals when you see someone street-parking an F40 to go to the pub.

Quick edit: I should probably put some awesome poo poo here. This is what I imagine a goonmeet at Kastein's looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbLwmUdee64

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 26, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

88h88 posted:

This is beautiful.

This is amazing. Seeing the old-school Japanese flavour doused all over an American car is like wasabi on steak and it is beautiful.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Bro. Bro. Bro. Its wafu sauce over steak. A5-9 Wagyu.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

This was photoshopped PR stunt for a marketing firm: http://www.brandpowder.com/911-ds-the-perfect-car/

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

88h88 posted:

This is beautiful.

It's not even good in an ironic way. c'mon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Viking Blood posted:

It's not even good in an ironic way. c'mon.

My wife? Yes
My dog? Maybe
My Dodge? NEVER!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That entire rear axle is a thing of beauty :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If AI existed in the mid-70's everyone would be fapping about how that car has all the perfect mods. It is unironically fantastic and works a lot better than the faux-eleanor restomod bullshit everyone else seems to do.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The 1970s were a terrible time.

The faux luggage rack thing on the back is a bit too much. :geno:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

88h88 posted:

My wife? Yes
My dog? Maybe
My Dodge? NEVER!

OK I was on the fence but this is just too great. It's like disco never died.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From Shorpy.com - the most wholesome car wallpaper you'll see this year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dubzee posted:

OK I was on the fence but this is just too great. It's like disco never died.

So the above picture of the picnic, is this where the term 'tailgating' came from?

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

88h88 posted:

My wife? Yes
My dog? Maybe
My Dodge? NEVER!

I'd just like to point out that this car is from Japan, who are already into doing this stuff with their own cars. Authenticity is a big deal over there.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Slavvy posted:

This is amazing. Seeing the old-school Japanese flavour doused all over an American car is like wasabi on steak and it is beautiful.

There is nothing "old school japanese flavor" about this other than maybe the rectangle lights. This is basically a perfectly created period piece.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

Octopus Magic posted:

This is basically a perfectly created period piece.

What period are we talkin' here?

Tapet
Oct 17, 2010

Viking Blood posted:

What period are we talkin' here?

In Sweden the cars looked _exactly_ like that in 1975-1980. So Maybe a few years earlier in the States?

Edit: Here are a few covers from Swedish Magazine "Colorod". Small pictures but its enough to see the style.

Tapet fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 27, 2014

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'd say yesterday's front page article is pretty awesome.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd say yesterday's front page article is pretty awesome.

Well now I really want a BR-Z in that color.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Das Volk posted:

I'm surprised, the car made a lot of sense in the bizarro world that is London. Your million+ pound flat would have a garage (or garridge, phonetically) where you park the real Aston, and this you cram into a permit bay on the street between two mid 90s Range Rovers. You take it to the shops and to restaurants, but when it's date night or high tea at the Ritz you park it for the DBS.

Actually, you're half right here, but in being half right you highlight how badly the Cygnet failed. Last time I visited my parents in their Mediterranean tax haven I made a point of wandering around their building's parking garage (you always find some interesting things tucked away). As you might expect, Range Rovers and Cayennes were the most common, but almost every garage unit that had one or the other also usually had either a mini or a smart car (iirc there might actually have been more smart cars than Range Rovers). Not a single Cygnet to be seen, however.

However, as I understand it, the real reason Bez struck the deal to badge engineer the iQ was so that AM could meet the EU fleet CO2 figure, not because any of their customers actually wanted such a thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

From Shorpy.com - the most wholesome car wallpaper you'll see this year.

Dat loving sandwich.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Porsche's museum warehouse:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/17/porsche-secret-museum-warehouse-featured/

Many cool things lurk in there.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Oh its a lovely looking green Audi, why is my roommate taking a look at this car. Oh great they are opening the hood and...

:stare:
(My roommate described the ride as the engine pulling the car around. It also had no exhaust so the V8 was loud as gently caress :buddy: )

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
That's awesome, but every time I see an Audi/VAG engine bay I have to wonder if they have some internal competition going on in the engineering department to see who can get the most weight in front of the axles as possible.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ElMaligno posted:

Oh its a lovely looking green Audi, why is my roommate taking a look at this car. Oh great they are opening the hood and...

:stare:
(My roommate described the ride as the engine pulling the car around. It also had no exhaust so the V8 was loud as gently caress :buddy: )

That's a pretty aggressive motor swap for that chassis, and certainly not a common one. Better than the horrible 2.8L V6 that was a standard option. Is your roommate buying the Cactus A4?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

GramCracker posted:

That's a pretty aggressive motor swap for that chassis, and certainly not a common one. Better than the horrible 2.8L V6 that was a standard option. Is your roommate buying the Cactus A4?

No, it belongs to a friend of his.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Pucker.gif

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

they've got some shadow weirdness going on when you compare them to the tank's

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

atomicthumbs posted:

they've got some shadow weirdness going on when you compare them to the tank's

Yes it's obviously fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS9jXVoWluk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Stolen from fark:

A fantastic AI obituary.

Sounds like a guy I'd have liked to meet.