Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
In speaking of MS Paint games, this is a little off-topic since it's an IGG project and it's been funded for a while, but the story is interesting. Pretty much got funded and then... a little here and a little there, then radio silence. No rewards were delivered, nothing got done, none of the streams were done, and he basically held content hostage (content he wouldn't have to pay to make) for stretch goals and wasn't exactly clear where the money was going. Not to mention a lot of assets are mismatched and the whole thing just kind of feels like ideas slapped together just to get some money.

And besides that, it's a really dumb game idea that's basically every RPG Maker horror game, but with a plague doctor as the main antagonist. I can't tell you how tired I am of pixel horror nonsense, but anyway, that's enough about that.

Content:
Throw this woman some money to start up a fashion label based on her 8 year old daughter's sketches.

Now, it's pretty obvious that she has no idea what she's doing, but the description just takes the cake:

quote:

My Name is lakisha Moore me and my 8 year old daughter want to start a clothing line for little kids i hope the public can help in our dream to create this clothing line. and children s clothing magazine

Now how about those rewards?

quote:

Pledge $25 or more

Get A lovely card and a nyb mug

Oh.

Edit:
More content! How about this hand-drawn guide book?
Badly hand-drawn.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The design section of Kickstarter is a goddamn gold mine

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/insoul/insoul-dress-sneakers?ref=category

Ever been in a situation where you wanted to wear sneakers but had to wear dress shoes? Why not buy these dress sneakers which goes with absolutely no outfit ever and still look like sneakers from afar!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/401559648/adventure-box?ref=home_spotlight

Do you like Catan? Do you really loving like Catan? Buy a box designed especially for Settlers of Catan* that lets you showcase your love of a German board game!

*Only fits the base game**
**Not affiliated with Mayfair games

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/702400282/maxstone-iphone-your-camera?ref=category

iPhone+DSLR = money. The off-English is also a great selling point, as is the fact that apparently if it gets 200k it can also predict the weather. Because there is no way that an iPhone user has any other way to know what the weather will be like other than by what their magical weather-predicting wireless remote tells them.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

somebody tell me it means she can't get more than 25$

e: cybermatrix guy raised 258$, I guess some people pledged just to read the privates updates. This one is public though:

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Jan 26, 2014

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
The camera remote thing is retarded; for the same price you could get a name brand remote and not gently caress about with a smartphone. Plus you wouldn't have some dangly thing hanging off your camera to get ripped off/in the way.

Plus any decent photographer is going to have at least a small bag of goodies to lug around anyway. If you're just a hipster douchebag and carrying JUST camera and nothing else, then just use your phone to instagram pictures of your loving cat.

The only way it'd be an actual good idea is if you could somehow see through the viewfinder via phone, now that would be handy.

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jan 26, 2014

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

KiddieGrinder posted:

The camera remote thing is retarded; for the same price you could get a name brand remote and not gently caress about with a smartphone. Plus you wouldn't have some dangly thing hanging off your camera to get ripped off/in the way.

Plus any decent photographer is going to have at least a small bag of goodies to lug around anyway. If you're just a hipster douchebag and carrying JUST camera and nothing else, then just use your phone to instagram pictures of your loving cat.

The only way it'd be an actual good idea is if you could somehow see through the viewfinder via phone, now that would be handy.

230% funded.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
sombody please make a soapbox gbs movement to kickstart the cybermatrix

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nnep posted:

sombody please make a soapbox gbs movement to kickstart the cybermatrix

Sincerity cannot survive in the GBS 1.3 irony vortex

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

The same guy previously failed at making a kung-fu movie

quote:

If you fund this movie, then this film will be made entirely out the hands of Hollywood, which allows me the creative freedom to tell this story the way it should be told. The only interjection by Hollywood would be for distribution purposes and by that time, the film will have been finished. This also means that I'll be able to cast a close friend who has been studying martial arts for some time now, and is quite capable of choreographing the fight sequences, instead of an actor who may, or may not, need to be trained in martial arts for several months.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Indie filmmakers love to talk about Hollywood like Libertarians with the Fed

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
gently caress YOU HOLLYWOOD, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ~*MY VISION*~ (please distribute my film)

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

KiddieGrinder posted:

It's not retarded at all. It combines a few tools into a single device.

Sometimes when I'm doing long exposures I do not like to be tethered to the camera. The ir function is always in the front so if I want to do that I have to stick my hand around the front of the camera which is a pain in the dick. Also when setting up for a session I'll often take selfies before anyone arrives to ensure the lighting and settings are how I want them. I use the ir remote to do this but it's annoying sometimes(most times) to hit the sensor because my lens and or hood is semi covering it.

The ability for it to do time lapse and work on multiple platforms makes it very very inexpensive and useful. A similar product from a major manufacture would probably run $150.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Alan Smithee posted:

Indie filmmakers love to talk about Hollywood like Libertarians with the Fed

It's not just filmmakers, it's any hack who knows they can't compete in the existing market. They know they'll fail before they even start, so they attempt to skew the playing field in their favor before the game even starts. With poets, its "I don't write poetry for the academics in their ivory towers, maaaaaan!" With businesses, it's "We can't compete with foreign sweatshops, so we need to treat our workers even worse."

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
The Edge of Extinction!
$300,000 goal

quote:

ZOMBIES ON ONLINE IS HERE WITH ''THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION'' AND ITS CALLING YOUR NAME! CLICK TO FIND OUT WHAT IT HAS TO SAY! ENJOY!

quote:

So... What is "The Edge of Extinction" ?

GEAR UP AND GET READY! FOR THE FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE! WE PRESENT TO YOU" THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION!"

The Edge of Extinction is a First person, multilayer, online zombie apocalypse survivor game. The entire game is based on the end days of earth after a bio-organic weapon got into the wrong hands and was launched at Russia and infected the entire Middle East area. It soon spreads to the rest of the world; pushing man kind to the edge of extinction. Food, medical supplies, water and safety are now scarce as you fight your way to survive what's left of the world.

quote:

Some Example Pictures of some walking dead in the game Note this is not even 12% of the diffrent types of dead. Just a sneak peak! Be aware the modles below are not finished and not yet added in the rendered game For that reason! Still alot of work to do But enjoy!

quote:

Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers
Limited (20 left of 20)

WE WILL FLY YOU DOWN TO OHIO NO EXTRA CHARGE! AND FREE LEMO RIDES AND HOTLE STAYS!

:catstare:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

it's an elaborate group hallucination

VVV
It's close to 1/9 ?

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Jan 30, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Not EVEN 12%.

So I guess it's 11.5% of the types of dead?

Why pick such a not-round number?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

SupSuper posted:

The Edge of Extinction!

Pledge $10,000 [≈ Average used car] or more
0 backers
Limited (20 left of 20)

WE WILL FLY YOU DOWN TO OHIO NO EXTRA CHARGE! AND FREE LEMO RIDES AND HOTLE STAYS!

as a resident of ohio it baffles me that anyone would voluntarily spend money to come here and vacation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mintergalactic posted:

as a resident of ohio it baffles me that anyone would voluntarily spend money to come here and vacation

The majesty of the buckeyes can only be appreciated in the flesh.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I'm beginning to think that a lemo ride and hotle stay is just a code word for a kidnapping scheme or something. Obviously if you had enough money to pony up for a $10,000 kickstarter you probably have a family willing to pay more for your safe return.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

The Edge of Extinction! posted:

We use a program called Mono Develop to produce the scripts that run every thing we need to happen in the game as well as its helps us properly render the animations needed for Animals, dust, Light rays, Sun flares, Direction lighting ext. With out his job we could not create our main menu that you can view below. Joe has came up with the script called a hover script it basically tells the game that if the mouse collides with the 3d GUI text on the screen,

I wonder if Joe got to read through any of this before it was posted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This one cannot be real. I don't want it to be real.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

I assumed this was some well-meaning Russian devs trying to make do with their high school English skills. Then I got the bit about Ohio.

quote:

We have yet to decide between wich Holiday INN. You will be staying at but below are some pictures of the Hotle! We didnt have time to grabb all the pic's avalible...but we did provide som nice ones.Enjoy the short video! Thanks!This Is ONLY! avalible to those who have pledged $10,000 for reward #7 20 Opening avalible! So get yours now! And dont miss out!

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
As mankind, we always thought that we would be the cause of our own extinction. Although we always think that it would be through weapons of mass destruction and war that would cause this sudden cease of life. Not even I thought that it would be any thing like this... Someone got their greedy little hands a bio-organic weapon, and launched it at Russia. The effects were catastrophic. When the weapon dropped, the population of Russia down to nearly zero! Leaving it at a devastating 3% left alive... Russian doctors tried their best to help the survivors, but there was nothing that they could do. It left scientist and doctors baffled as they scrambled to find a cure. Yet nothing emerged... Nobody could cure something that they had no intelligence of. The infections spread and soon infected the entire Middle East by nuclear fallout. It soon hit the news all over the world that there was a possible airborne virus. As the virus spread to the population through survivor travel; the population kept dropping and hope for a cure became less and less possible and more like a medical myth. By week 3 the virus had engulfed the entire earth infecting: small children, adults, and even animals. Most people who showed symptoms were dead in a few days; others weren't so lucky... The ones who didn't die were transformed into crazed meat eaters now known to us, as the living dead. Those who were lucky enough to be immune from this horrible virus are forced to scavenge for for survival. Supplies such as food, drinks, and medical help are now scarce as they try to protect their family and friends and outlast this Hell we all now live in. We are what's left. Knowing not when our last days are to come, every waking moment is a question: "Will I live today?" "Will a love one die?" "Will I wake up tomorrow?" We will never know the answers. It's depressing to see people you know and love turn into this evil being and dropping all human instinct they had to killing the immune because they see it as survival of the fittest. I know it sounds crazy but try to view it through our eyes when the world is withering away and man kind is pushed to the edge of extinction with you stuck right in the middle of it... you tell me what the hell would you do..?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Don Gato posted:

Do you like Catan? Do you really loving like Catan? Buy a box designed especially for Settlers of Catan* that lets you showcase your love of a German board game!

*Only fits the base game**
**Not affiliated with Mayfair games

Actually, they're working on boxes for the expansion sets.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

The majesty of the buckeyes can only be appreciated in the flesh.

buckeyes are stupid and you can't even eat them

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Why do people apologize for the quality of the video instead of just taking the time to borrow a decent camera, get a few good takes, proof read the text, and find a shirt that doesn't have the neckhole all stretched out?

I checked Google Earth and it appears that if your one of the lucky high rollers who gets whisked away to beautiful Middletown, Ohio you won't have to worry about setting foot in a non-chain restaurant. Have your lemo driver drop you off at Long John Silver's, you've earned it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mintergalactic posted:

buckeyes are stupid and you can't even eat them

You fool.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

While I cannot deny those are delicious I mean the actual nuts themselves ya dummy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What is there in Ohio besides a high school prom that would justify a limo ride?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Waffleman_ posted:

What is there in Ohio besides a high school prom that would justify a limo ride?

Gay marriage and Mormon parties?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

astronauts and airplanes and presidents

basically people that desire to get as far away from ohio as possible

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Good thing there's never been a zombie game with online mutliplayer. Nope, not a single one springs to mind.

It's almost like the genre has been left for dead or something!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well it's cancelled now.

That name is totally trying to take advantage of the next Transformers movie, Age of Extinction.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

Well it's cancelled now.

That name is totally trying to take advantage of the next Transformers movie, Age of Extinction.

These kids could hardly spell their own names. I doubt they know about next year's Transformers movie.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a building that looks like a picnic basket. that's worth a week's vacation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OldMemes posted:

Good thing there's never been a zombie game with online mutliplayer. Nope, not a single one springs to mind.

It's almost like the genre has been left for dead or something!

Those weren't zombies yo they were infected

Existenzangst
Jul 19, 2013

pew pew

Mintergalactic posted:

Shouldn't you be baffled that it did not baffle the late Mr. Merrill in the first place?

Don Gato posted:

I'm beginning to think that a lemo ride and hotle stay is just a code word for a kidnapping scheme or something. Obviously if you had enough money to pony up for a $10,000 kickstarter you probably have a family willing to pay more for your safe return.

This is brilliant! And should be combined with a not awful KS...

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

]

English is their native language.

Pomp has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jan 31, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Existenzangst posted:

Shouldn't you be baffled that it did not baffle the late Mr. Merrill in the first place?

This is brilliant! And should be combined with a not awful KS...

I like how you imply a kidnapping would not be part of an awful KS or drag down a good one in any way

I'm just an ideas man so you guys get the duct tape and NyQuil ok?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Edge of Extinction posted:

IF THERE WAS A HELL...
I THINK WE'ER IN IT!
:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lemo Hotle sounds like a pretty good name for a soul singer.