Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Mad Archivist posted:

Speaking of random crashes, I'm getting crashes in Helgen when I attempt to save with Live Another Life active, even though I've finished its initial quest. The damndest thing is that I turned LAL off, was able to quicksave, then reloaded with it active again and it was able to save as normal again (though the finished LAL quest in my journal was gone). loving Arthmoor :argh:

Update on this: as it turns out LAL was not at fault. I did some more playtesting and I was getting crash on saves on all my saves after a time interval, usually a few minutes. As it turns out, upgrading from v4 of Apocalypse Magic and v6 of Immersive Armors and loading old saves was the culprit; I made a new character and that one was not affected at all like my old saves. So I unhappily rolled back to the old versions of AM and IA. :(

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quift
May 11, 2012
Ok, so I'm stupid.

How do I install the "All in one face" mod"?

I get a package I cannot get into the MO, and I could just throw it into data but it needs to load after the body modm(I use the CNHE?)

Same goes for the forgottenargonian roots.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a mod that makes crime bounty decay over time? For some reason i thought the game did this out of the box, but it's been months since that little incident with the Thalmor woman in the Falkreath inn and my bounty has not gone down by one septim.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
No idea. I'm speculating from my phone in the hope someone will read my post and provide specifics.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Anyone know another soruce for getting the Map Overhaul mod lsited in the OP? It's been hidden on the nexus for quite some time.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Dongattack posted:

Only Serana and other DLC followers should do that out of the box. If you figure out what mod does it, post it here, cause i want it :)

As said, this is indeed AFT. I think EFO and UFO have a relax setting but you need to manually tell them to relax as I recall and it was pretty buggy. AFT makes everyone behave like Serana basically, and is the main reason I use AFT right now honestly.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Axeface posted:

So this is me not knowing poo poo: How would I check that, and if it's what's happening, how would I get the script to start back up again?

I did some digging through the files, and the biggest thing is ensuring you have advancespeech.pex in your folder (that's the script it uses). Other than finding a silly typo ("Yourr speechcraft...") it hasn't elucidated any problems it could have.

the code in question:
code:
Scriptname AdvanceSpeech extends ObjectReference  

Int Property SpeechIncrease = 600 Auto  
Int SpeechGained = 0

Event OnRead()
	if SpeechIncrease < 600 
		SpeechIncrease = 600 
	endif

if  SpeechGained == 0
		Int currentSpeechLevel = Game.GetPlayer().GetActorValue("Speechcraft") as int
		if currentSpeechLevel < 5
			currentSpeechLevel = 5
		endif
		float extraSkill = currentSpeechLevel * 0.01
		extraSkill = 1 + extraSkill 
		float incrementSkill = SpeechIncrease * extraSkill 

Game.AdvanceSkill("Speechcraft",incrementSkill )
		 SpeechGained = 1
		Debug.Notification("Your speechcraft is now enriched!" )

elseif SpeechGained == 1
		 Game.AdvanceSkill("Speechcraft",200 )
		 SpeechGained = 2
		Debug.Notification("Yourr speechcraft is improved a bit more...")

else
		Debug.Notification("Nothing new to learn from this book.")

endif
endEvent
It's pretty basic, not sure what would go wrong there.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Killsion posted:

As said, this is indeed AFT. I think EFO and UFO have a relax setting but you need to manually tell them to relax as I recall and it was pretty buggy. AFT makes everyone behave like Serana basically, and is the main reason I use AFT right now honestly.

EFF has a relax command which does largely the same thing when you want followers to relax, it's not buggy at all. It's based on the Wait command from vanilla so it does eventually time out, but the V4 beta of EFF has an option in the MCM menu to override wait timeouts. It also doesn't get them hung up doing stupid things like an ADD-afflicted child like Serana's behavior package does.

Quift posted:

Ok, so I'm stupid.

How do I install the "All in one face" mod"?

I get a package I cannot get into the MO, and I could just throw it into data but it needs to load after the body modm(I use the CNHE?)

Same goes for the forgottenargonian roots.

I assume you're hitting this screen and getting frustrated when you try to activate the archive:

It's not a problem, you just need to find the Data folder in the archive, right-click, and choose "Set data directory."

That should clear it up for MO installation. As well, if you just drop the archive as it is into Skyrim's data folder it won't work because you'll get the same problem: it's going to drop a Data directory, with the overriding textures you need nested in subdirectories below that (all one layer out of sync), into your Data folder and be useless.

And getting it to override your other body mods is simple, just increase the priority in the left pane of AIO to a value higher than the priority of your other body mods - this happens automatically if you've installed it after those other mods. MO will automatically load it last when you activate SKSE.

You'll be able to tell if a mod is overriding/getting overrode by another mod when you see these lightning bolts:

The + means that the mod is overriding another, the - means it is getting overrode. If you see an icon with a plus and a minus that means it's both overriding and being overrode by other mods. You can then check on these conflicts to see if it's what you intended by opening up the information window on that mod and tabbing over to Conflicts:

Here we see that my Falskaar adapter patch for Open-Faced helmets is overriding like ESPs in Sharlikran's compatibility patch and the Open-Faced helmets mod itself. Anything you see in the bottom pane is from other mods overriding resources in that mod.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 26, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Dongattack posted:

Is there a mod that makes crime bounty decay over time? For some reason i thought the game did this out of the box, but it's been months since that little incident with the Thalmor woman in the Falkreath inn and my bounty has not gone down by one septim.
Oddly, I don't remember seeing anything like that myself, and a quick search of the nexus doesn't turn anything up either. It does seem like a really obvious thing that should be in place, considering the multiple holds crime system - you hang out across county lines, as it were, while waiting for the heat to die down. But of course, the heat doesn't die down, so the whole thing is pointless.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is Revenge of the Enemies any good or would I be better served to try and figure out ASIS?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40491/
Just saw it as an option for compatibility while installing Immersive Creatures.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been toying with the idea of starting a new "survival" style game, using frostfall, hunterborn, realistic needs and doing some tweaks to the interface: getting rid of the compass, getting that "first person map" (that doesn't have the position), and installing the map merchants.

Now, while that sounds like a good idea in paper, I'm afraid I'm going to be spending more time managing the survival aspect than actually getting stuff done. How "intrusive" is frostfall (especially if combined with realistic needs)? Is it just another thing to take into account, or does become more an impediment than fun?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've been toying with the idea of starting a new "survival" style game, using frostfall, hunterborn, realistic needs and doing some tweaks to the interface: getting rid of the compass, getting that "first person map" (that doesn't have the position), and installing the map merchants.

Now, while that sounds like a good idea in paper, I'm afraid I'm going to be spending more time managing the survival aspect than actually getting stuff done. How "intrusive" is frostfall (especially if combined with realistic needs)? Is it just another thing to take into account, or does become more an impediment than fun?

Frostfall isn't as intrusive as realistic needs. I always start with realistic needs and end up disabling it after a few hours. It's easier to just remember to eat and pretend you have it installed.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I'd say frostfall is actually more intrusive, at least in the sense that it's much easier to find yourself in a tough spot because of it. It's simple enough to carry around food, particularly if you have hunterborn active - you'll be absolutely drowning in meat, even with it set to conservative yields. But if you jump into some freezing water up near winterhold, you can find yourself frozen to death before you can get to a warm spot.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 27, 2014

futile
May 18, 2009

epitasis posted:

Is Revenge of the Enemies any good or would I be better served to try and figure out ASIS?
Just saw it as an option for compatibility while installing Immersive Creatures.
It's a good mod. Overhauls the levels, perks, spells, combat styles, etc. on quite a few monsters. It does make some encounters extremely difficult (dragon priests, high level draugr, etc.), which you will need to keep in mind.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Quift posted:

I might a have a bug in SPERG.

But this doesnt level destruction at all? Bug or WAD?

I don't think this has anything to do with SPERG. Check your uncapper settings first, and if those are fine, it's probably a bug on the spell itself.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Anybody had luck using CCO and Book of Silence?

quote:

aMidianBorn Book of Silence by CaBaL and the AMB team
FEATURES: A CCO supported version of Book of Silence is hosted here under Optional files. This is a single file that provides support for most of CaBaL's great texture variants. This file replaces the need for the separate files included in the Book of Silence download, such as Glass Variants, Differently Ebony, and Skyforge Weapons. In addition, the file adds standalone Thalmor (dark elven) armor, iron and steel variants, Wolf armor variants, and all three Nordic armor variants. All recipes are fully compatible with CCO's crafting menu options and include optional breakdown recipes. Additional options provided in the CCO configuration menu allow the player to choose racial crafting restrictions, and to select special bonuses that apply when wearing silver or gold ebony armor.
INSTALLATION: If you use Book of Silence strictly as a replacement for vanilla textures, and you do not want access to the different variations, then there is no need to install this file. If you wish to use this optional file, then first download the Book of Silence file here, under Optional files. Then go to aMidianborn Book of Silence and download the CCO texture files in the optional files section. Install the Book of Silence: Armors, Weapons, and Dragonborn DLC files. During installation, use Custom selection and make sure to choose the following options. Do not select Glass Variants or Differenty Ebony, just use the replacement texture options listed here.
Iron
Steel
Elven - Gold
Wolf - Grey Fur
Glass - Golden
Ebony - Black
The Black Fur option for Dragonborn's Nordic armor
Also make sure to install the Skyforge weapons from Book of Silence weapons file.

If they are present in your load order, make sure that the following .esp files are NOT active: Glass Variants.esp, AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp, Differently Ebony.esp, and aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp. Finally, ACTIVATE the aMidianborn_Book of Silence_CCO.esp you've downloaded from here.

Makes no mention about whether you're supposed to select other variants for the ones not listed above when installing the BOS packs so you'd think "None", but then the CCO pack on the BOS page certainly doesn't include all the variants. I'd ask on that mod's page but there's already a few unanswered questions about it and somebody saying just not to bother trying to make them play nice.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CCO has a more detailed readme file that gives more thorough directions on how to do BoS compatibility. If you're only using BoS as a texture replacer you don't have to follow those directions.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mortimer posted:

Frostfall isn't as intrusive as realistic needs. I always start with realistic needs and end up disabling it after a few hours. It's easier to just remember to eat and pretend you have it installed.

Strudel Man posted:

I'd say frostfall is actually more intrusive, at least in the sense that it's much easier to find yourself in a tough spot because of it. It's simple enough to carry around food, particularly if you have hunterborn active - you'll be absolutely drowning in meat, even with it set to conservative yields. But if you jump into some freezing water up near winterhold, you can find yourself frozen to death before you can get to a warm spot.

Ah, ok. I'll give frostfall a try first without basic needs and see how it goes, I can always just disable it if it starts getting annoying.

seorin posted:

I don't think this has anything to do with SPERG. Check your uncapper settings first, and if those are fine, it's probably a bug on the spell itself.

Hey Seorin, quick question: do any of the conjuration tree perks affect the Summon Dremora Lord spell? I'm not sure if it counts as an Undead or as an Atronach (or neither).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Scyantific posted:

CCO has a more detailed readme file that gives more thorough directions on how to do BoS compatibility. If you're only using BoS as a texture replacer you don't have to follow those directions.

Thanks but where's said readme? I've got no documentation in the archive.

Edit: Oh it's in the BOS archive. The only difference is this line:

NOTE: For any of the choices not specifically mentioned above, you can choose whichever option you wish.

Well that was silly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

epitasis posted:

Thanks but where's said readme? I've got no documentation in the archive.

Edit: Oh it's in the BOS archive. The only difference is this line:

NOTE: For any of the choices not specifically mentioned above, you can choose whichever option you wish.

Well that was silly.

Complete Crafting Overhaul - Book of Silence Compatibility Instructions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Thanks, I think these are actually what's in the "Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade Book files" on the BoS page. Pretty confusing but hopefully it'll work now.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I cant get my game to load with immersive armor installed, it crashes out at the opening screen. Im running the following mods:

Hd2k
Water
Immersive Patrols
Organized Bandits
Enhanced Blood
Run for your lives
SkyUI
Quality World map
Static mesh improvements

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey Seorin, quick question: do any of the conjuration tree perks affect the Summon Dremora Lord spell? I'm not sure if it counts as an Undead or as an Atronach (or neither).

The undead perks only affect raise spells that need a corpse to work. The atronach perks only affect the three elemental atronachs from the original game. I wanted to do more, but it boils down to technical limitations making wider support really impractical.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So with immersive armors, there's a craftable alternate set of Imperial/Stormcloak armor that's specific to who you join?

I really like the look of the Stormlord heavy armor but on my heavy armor character I went with the Imperials. Is there any way to craft it? Some setting I missed?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Combo posted:

So with immersive armors, there's a craftable alternate set of Imperial/Stormcloak armor that's specific to who you join?

I really like the look of the Stormlord heavy armor but on my heavy armor character I went with the Imperials. Is there any way to craft it? Some setting I missed?

I think Ulfric has a set that you can craft. Check the Auxiliary Armors section in the smithing menu, it should be there (the original author made it available with Ebony Smithing, so it might take a while).

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Scyantific posted:

I think Ulfric has a set that you can craft. Check the Auxiliary Armors section in the smithing menu, it should be there (the original author made it available with Ebony Smithing, so it might take a while).

I'm at 100 smithing and have the ebony perk. It shows up for my assassin who I sided with the Stormcloaks on, but not on my 2h warrior who I sided with the Imperials on (and killed Ulfric ages ago, like probably a year ago). Maybe that's why? I wasn't using IA at the time, or any mods.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh ok then, it's probably Stormcloak exclusive then. There's always the console though! :v:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Oh ok then, it's probably Stormcloak exclusive then. There's always the console though! :v:

Very true, got it. Annoying though! Half of the reason I play this drat game is to look like a pretty princess, stop taking options away from me.

Now I have to track down a stormcloak still alive somewhere so I can get a cape because I just installed cloaks of skyrim :v:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

Arcania Armory is also broken as gently caress, unfortunately. Some good poo poo in there but it's been put into the game in lovely ways: a while back I was getting a crash every time I tried buying from Khajit merchants among others which I was able to pin directly on AA. Unless there is some goon-made fix floating around I would advise against using it.

I recall something like this with particular merchants, where they were added to the merchant tables and they hosed something up with that which caused a crash.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

epitasis posted:

Revenge of the enemies is great. But only if you want what its advertising, it will make enemies harder, it will make some bosses REALY HARD. Some of the bosses have thousands of HP.

If that sounds cool to you, go ahead.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gonkish posted:

I recall something like this with particular merchants, where they were added to the merchant tables and they hosed something up with that which caused a crash.

I might take a look at it soon and see if I can't fix what's broken. Just finished making a plugin for Project Flintlock that whittles it down to just the rifles and adds them to the leveled lists a la Convenient Crossbows, so another dive into the leveled lists morass might be in order.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Do I need those DG and DB esps for SPERG that are hidden inside another SPERG folder?

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 27, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I'm new to modding so I don't know if this is possible, but is there a mod that will make skins look less plastic without venturing into the whole big, jiggly breast, nude mod scene?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

epitasis posted:

Do I need those DG and DB esps for SPERG that are hidden inside another SPERG folder?

Only if you have Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Only if you have Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

That's what I assumed but the installation instructions don't seem to make any mention of it!

quote:

Installation Instructions
Install the above requirements.
Install using NMM/ModOrganizer, or unzip everything into your Data directory.
When installing manually, copy any optional patches along with the SKSE folder to your Data directory.
Activate any new plugin files and play!

To me this suggests you only need to look in those subfolders if you're doing a manual install. I have to imagine there are a ton of people that see that MO found the .esm/.esp and don't give it a second look.

...gently caress now I'm wondering if the new ModOrganizer beta didn't find my old NCC files and installation script thingies haven't been firing correctly?

Edit: No, NCC is in there. And I definitely am selecting those options in the installer, it's just not moving those .esps up a folder level for MO to find them.

Anyway looks like Neovalen started a new giant mod guide:

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

I used his old one on my old installs - he does a good job of noting for which things you should create custom patches for and it helps to get you comfortable with using TES5Edit. This one is current as of the Sheson patch.

...I do wish he'd just zip up his ModOrganizer directory and make a top-secret torrent for it though. I'd put up with whatever nude skins to get the rest of it readymade.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 27, 2014

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What exactly is stopping people from distributing mod packs via torrent? These people don't actually have any legal claim to their derivative works, so why aren't there already a shitload of people making mod torrents or otherwise distributing them in a fashion that prevents all the Arthmoors in the scene from sending takedown notices/DDOSing hosts/etc.? I can't imagine a torrent site staff member responding to a takedown request with anything other than "lol :fuckoff:"

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mammal Sauce posted:

why aren't there already a shitload of people making mod torrents or otherwise distributing them
There are. Go to any torrent searchsite, type in for example something like "skyrim mods" and you'll get plenty of results.
What epitasis seems to want though is a modpack that he can just instal into his Skyrim directory and immediatly can start playing. People have asked for that before in the moddingthreads for Skyrim, New Vegas, etc. But it's not likely to happen for various reasons.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 27, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
A command line interface for MO would be great. If it had one, we could write a script for STEP or whatever other package you want. Ideally a CLI would need the ability to download, check download status, install manually, change data directories, and call other executables.

Bonus points for an MO distribution that comes with Wrye, TES5Edit, BOSS, etc. prepackaged.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there anything which stops Nightingale armour from chopping off my Argonian's nose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

Does anyone know what armor set/pack contains the armor used in this screenshot for this unrelated mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/ It's hard to find leather armor mods that look nice but also simple and plain.

• Locked thread