Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

poopkitty posted:

Aww, he likes me!

Too spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 4, 2014

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
fun fact i was GISing for an image of a skeleton flipping over a table like and angry middle aged japanese businessman

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Al Borland posted:

How much do you make a drawing? Also have you ever considered drawing Hitler as a pony?

10 bux. Whenever I go to a convention, pony drawings will mostly pay for my table on the first day. I did around 18 drawings at my last convention in December. 8 of them were kids, one of them a literal baby.

My Little S.S. would be... interesting.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

amarantinesky posted:

Depression talk was pages ago but telling people who can't leave the bed because they're so depressed that exercise will help them is messed up. Exercise can help mild to moderate depression but it's not applicable to a person who is like, yeah I'm not even gonna eat or bathe anymore. I actually exercised a lot when I was most depressed because all my energy went into punishing myself...
large swathes of sa are dickless suburban white boys with a relatively limited exposure to life

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Putty posted:

fun fact i was GISing for an image of a skeleton flipping over a table like and angry middle aged japanese businessman

The problem with finding an angry skeleton pic is that skeletons are always smilin

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Using this awful app double post to say that Whore's Glory was pretty good

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 27, 2014

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 4, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

amarantinesky posted:

Dammit stop you're making me want to ignore my responsibilities and watch documentaries :(

Please don't stop I love documentary recommendations. One for you is A Place at the Table.

Putting that in my list of flix to watch. Have you seen Born Into Brothels? I thought it was P okay.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm kind of on the other side of the 'exercise cures depression' treatment now in that i actually did join a gym and lose weight and now people are going 'see? see?! it cured your depression!' at me, nvm that i started working out and taking antidepressants at the same time and am still on the meds to this day

kind of makes me want to stop taking them so they can all see how quickly i implode regardless of how much i exercise, but that would be cutting my nose off to spite my face

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

poopkitty posted:

Putting that in my list of flix to watch. Have you seen Born Into Brothels? I thought it was P okay.

we need to make a list

recommended flix to watch

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a travelling HEGEL posted:

large swathes of sa are dickless suburban white boys with a relatively limited exposure to life

I don't wanna start nuttin', but....are you saying that severely depressed people are like dickless suburban white boys with relatively limited exposure to life, or are you saying the people who are like "oh just exercise and you wont be depressed" are like dickless suburban white boys with limited exposure to life?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Star posted:

I don't wanna start nuttin', but....are you saying that severely depressed people are like dickless suburban white boys with relatively limited exposure to life, or are you saying the people who are like "oh just exercise and you wont be depressed" are like dickless suburban white boys with limited exposure to life?
the second one

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gnarlyhotep posted:

we need to make a list

recommended flix to watch

25% charming children's cartoons, 75% horrifying documentaries.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"exercise cures depression, huh? I'LL SHOW YOU"

*goes off meds, hides in bed crying 23/7 leaving apartment only to work out*

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i've never felt better after exercising. there was a time when i did it regularly but that was for the results not because "i always feel better after going to the gym even if i really didn't want to go at all!!!"

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
also running. runners high? loving myth.

me at the start of a run: ugh i hate running
me at the end of a run: ugh that was terrible i never want to run ever again

maybe i'm broken

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

"exercise cures depression, huh? I'LL SHOW YOU"

*goes off meds, hides in bed crying 23/7 leaving apartment only to work out*

an hour a day keeps the depression at bay.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--iU49AjTQ

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my favourite part of exercising is having a shower at the end

i step into the spray and legit squeal in ecstasy

99% sure my neighbours think i am an insane person

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

post workout showers are one of the best experiences on earth

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 3, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Portals posted:

I have accidentally gone without meds because I forgot to get a refill in time and jfc never do that on purpose even to prove a point, it is the worst and akin to suddenly having a huge weight drop on you
i've done it too! went on a trip, forgot to pack them, "o it's only five days what's the worst that can happen"

suddenly i am a waterfall of tears

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

the second one

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

Or you're like my neighbor and just really moany during sex. Your choice of terrible.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 16, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

toe knee hand posted:

i've never felt better after exercising. there was a time when i did it regularly but that was for the results not because "i always feel better after going to the gym even if i really didn't want to go at all!!!"

toe knee hand posted:

maybe i'm broken
I got more of an endorphin rush from DDR than lifting weights. hosed up but true.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

toe knee hand posted:

maybe i'm broken

Nope running sucks, the only time I've "enjoyed" running was when I lived out in the country and I could go running out on country roads at night in the middle of nowhere. gently caress light pollution, I miss seeing the stars at night.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 4, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

amarantinesky posted:

That post is also dedicated to everyone who told me "college will be the best time of your life."

My documentary isn't about sex in any way, I hope it's acceptable. :(

best time of your life pfft indebtted and paranoia about not finding work. Sounds like a GREAT time.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

That post is also dedicated to everyone who told me "college will be the best time of your life."

My documentary isn't about sex in any way, I hope it's acceptable. :(

I think I have it queued, will definitely watch it soon

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

it's better than middle school at least

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
So when I'm on my antidepressants, and everything seems to be going pretty well in life, and then I try to reduce my dosage, and absolutely nothing else in my life has changed, then I think it would pretty reasonable to assume that the dosage reduction can be blamed when I start sliding into depression again and feeling suicidal.

The people who "don't believe in antidepressants," in my experience, have 99.9 percent never experienced depression.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

-

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 3, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
middle school, high school and college have all been strange and enjoyable experiences for me in their own way, i wouldn't say any one is better than any of the others but they've been reasonably cool

hopefully my post-college life is the same! i absolutely cannot wait to get a dog. actually considering getting a dingo right now, they're legal in my state too

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
The best part of exercise is watching a really good TV show at the gym. I don't have cable so I try to schedule gym visits during Law and Order or Modern Family.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Portals posted:

it's better than middle school at least

What isn't?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
i can't run so i don't give a poo poo about runner's high.

i feel pretty good after i deadlift tho.

grapey posted:

So when I'm on my antidepressants, and everything seems to be going pretty well in life, and then I try to reduce my dosage, and absolutely nothing else in my life has changed, then I think it would pretty reasonable to assume that the dosage reduction can be blamed when I start sliding into depression again and feeling suicidal.

The people who "don't believe in antidepressants," in my experience, have 99.9 percent never experienced depression.

hey now, haven't we all felt a little "blue" in our liveaaahahahaHAHAHA HA. HA.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Avshalom posted:

middle school, high school and college have all been strange and enjoyable experiences for me in their own way, i wouldn't say any one is better than any of the others but they've been reasonably cool

hopefully my post-college life is the same! i absolutely cannot wait to get a dog. actually considering getting a dingo right now, they're legal in my state too

as the proud owner of twelve dingo dogs i can say it is an enjoyable experience as long as your skin hardens in response to physical trauma

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i really like running but i have poor muscle tone and my ankles randomly collapse :( so it's exercise biking for the time being

ylls makes me nervous because they act like doing too much cardio and not enough weights is worse than not exercising at all and will literally kill a person but i just find weights so boring

• Locked thread