Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
I'm on the second to last week of couch to 5k, and to be able to finish the run without being totally gassed halfway through I literally have to run slower than I can walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
my life improved 1000% when i stopped running and started swimming

gently caress shin splints and foot pain

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

with extra cheese posted:

I'm on the second to last week of couch to 5k, and to be able to finish the run without being totally gassed halfway through I literally have to run slower than I can walk.

Well great, I can't wait to start c25k as a person who is undoubtedly fatter than you

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm going to tell you all a story about how i started exercising

i was running at first because i couldn't afford a gym

now you've all seen my hair. i also have crazy droopy eyes /_\ and just generally look like a basset hound with a jewfro, plus at the time i was basically a blob. i also had no exercising clothes whatsoever and no running shoes. so i went out for the first time to run in jeans and a t-shirt and doc martins. it was about 38C and i was sweating like a pig before i'd even left the apartment.

i legit did not know how to jog. the only speeds i knew were running and walking. so i went to the oval and started sprinting, made it about 50m and dropped back to a gasping wheezing walk for about 100m, then sprinted for another 50m, then walked for another 100m, and so on and so on until i'd covered like a kilometre

please picture a huge fat sweaty befro'd jewess in jeans and boots alternately sprinting and waddling around an oval in the blazing australian summer sun while fitter and more athletic people jog gracefully around her

you're welcome

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010

grapey posted:

Well great, I can't wait to start c25k as a person who is undoubtedly fatter than you

I read some c25k tips somewhere that basically amounted to "if you can run slower, you're running too fast." Well, it turns out that I can run really slow.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

that's a real good comic :3

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
now i'm pretty thin but i still have the crazy eyes and hair so just picture the same thing but smaller and on a bike

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
somnolent cat orbs

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

a travelling HEGEL posted:

somnolent cat orbs

spray or neuter your pet

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

with extra cheese posted:

I read some c25k tips somewhere that basically amounted to "if you can run slower, you're running too fast." Well, it turns out that I can run really slow.

Haha, now that is a tip I can get behind!

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Argh you all are making me want to get off my butt and into my running shoes. drat you, Ladythread, for pushing me beyond my comfort zone. Good thing I'm at work and can't run right now.

(I did work out on Friday, but it was a big circle of dudes and me doing calesthenics with funny names like "monkey fuckers" and "hello dollies.")

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the best part about losing a bunch of weight and being a lady is that all your relatives start buying clothes for you because they're so excited to see how you look in them :3:

i'm drowning in clothes now

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

my life improved 1000% when i stopped running and started swimming

gently caress shin splints and foot pain

it's almost like not all exercise works for all people

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm pretty sure a lot of my Life Problems would be solved if I could find a place in America that sells Teasmades.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
today is a day to fanart

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

I'm pretty sure a lot of my Life Problems would be solved if I could find a place in America that sells Teasmades.

I can't stand coffee so I'm with you on this.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

boom boom boom posted:

What is that please?
E: OMGoodness, I have googles. How in all of the British television I have watched (a lot) have I never seen this? And I cannot have one because they don't sell them here either. Blah.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 27, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

poopkitty posted:

What is that please?

From what I can find, it's a tea brewer with a timer so you can have your tea ready first thing in the morning. But I'm just going off Google/Wikipedia here.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
A combination tea maker/alarm clock. It wakes you up in the morning like an alarm clock, but it also has a fully brewed cup of tea. All you need to do is muster up enough energy at some point in the previous night to put in water and tea leaves.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

the best part about losing a bunch of weight and being a lady is that all your relatives start buying clothes for you because they're so excited to see how you look in them :3:

i'm drowning in clothes now

What the gently caress I lost like 60 pounds no one bought me poo poo I hate my family now.

I now have a goal, it is to go to the gym at least once next week.

Also I managed to get my work done for work, finish my homework, and mostly get a website updated with all new pages that I've owed a client for a week. It's 1:30 AM and I have a meeting tomorrow morning I hate everything how is it Monday already :mad:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
man celestial seasonings sleepytime vanilla owns

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

man celestial seasonings sleepytime vanilla owns

I drink that

I like the lazy shiftless bear on the side of the box and that's a huge factor in my drinking it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are the forums going slow for anyone else?

----------------

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Got really bad off and on this weekend but it's cool for me now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Are the forums going slow for anyone else?

i thin we were being ddosed or whatever

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Pick posted:

i thin we were being ddosed or whatever

tbh i didn't notice anything different

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
yeah me neither

i deleted Beauty and the Beast off of my iTunes and now I want it back, but the movie's been locked up in the Disney vault and I can't download it again

Belle has been my favorite Disney princess since i was four, i just want to see her again :smith:

goonettes and goons do you have a favorite princess???????

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
elsa

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pththya-lyi posted:

yeah me neither

i deleted Beauty and the Beast off of my iTunes and now I want it back, but the movie's been locked up in the Disney vault and I can't download it again

Belle has been my favorite Disney princess since i was four, i just want to see her again :smith:

----------------

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

yeah me neither

personally I like anna even though she's a new princess and kind of a doofus

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

yeah me neither

I like Rapunzel and Mulan. Also Aurora, even though she was kinda useless.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

this even though technically she's a queen

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

yeah me neither

As a kid, I was a big fan of both Ariel and Belle with Jasmine as a close third.

Ariel was a beautiful mermaid who was good at singing, adventurous and I could relate to her hoarding tendencies.

Belle loved to read and was compassionate and intelligent. I had giant Beauty and the Beast decals all over my bedroom walls, as well as a Belle poster and I owned the magic mirror until it got wrecked by water damage.

Jasmine was cool because she had a tiger for a pet and wanted to marry of her own free will. I also really loved her outfit and cool headband.

As I got older, I adored Mulan for being Mulan and love Aurora because I appreciate the movie a whole lot from an art perspective.

Though not a princess, I think Megera is really rad.

Anna and Elsa are pretty cool too. I adore Elsa's ice queen dress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

this even though technically she's a queen

she's technically part of the Disney Princess lineup :eng101:

not even Kida made that cut, or Eilonwy

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f83_1390658870
please look at this video everyone. please.
just look at it

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 27, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I am generally scared to click live leak links. Was not disappointed. Thanks, CCB.

My favorite princess is Snow White. Gets dropped off in the woods and copes the only way she knows how. It works for her.

Really, I just love the Evil Queen. I collect Evil Queen stuffs.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

poopkitty posted:

I am generally scared to click live leak links. Was not disappointed. Thanks, CCB.

yeah i remember when it was all gore and faux-snuff
now its just like a different youtube
liveleak had the best quality video for this, all the youtube ones are kinda meh

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Ladythread, request advice on how to wear heels all night. I am currently clomping around my kitchen making dinner in my PJs, thin-ish wool socks and UnitedNude booties to break them in. They are super sexxy and I need to wear them out to dinner and a bar for Valentine's date. And probably ride a (likely packed) train in them. Am I doing this right?

E: usually I just buy, then wear and pay for it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I have started doing things at home* with those color coded girly weights and OW my triceps. WTF we used to be friends, guys. Also 70# down from my highest which was just over a decade ago. I'm slow, but at least I'm getting there.

Goddamn getting older is a bitch.

*I work long weird varying hours and when I'm done with work, I want to go home. And once I'm home, I want to stay there until I have to leave again. I'm not social unless I have to be, deal with it.

• Locked thread