Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I found an ape station with posters like "big ape is watching you" and Banana This Way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did they add a timer to the UFO? I lured it to a Floran village (which was absolutely no help) and it seemed to fly away without me ever dying, which isn't something I'd experienced before.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I hope not. I like the idea of bosses staying where they're summoned until they're killed even if some people just use it to grief lowbies.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Oneiros posted:

My starting world had a Double Jump tech dungeon right next to the beam-down point! :v:

So where was that world? :argh:

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Splizwarf posted:

Seriously. I feel hamstrung without doublejump. That said I already cheesed my skelly into the beta sector with cyborg armor. Now if I can score a lucky superior brain I can fight my giant robot and get the gently caress out of here.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Splizwarf posted:

Mr. Belding posted:

Seriously. I feel hamstrung without doublejump. That said I already cheesed my skelly into the beta sector with cyborg armor. Now if I can score a lucky superior brain I can fight my giant robot and get the gently caress out of here.

I've moved on but looking at the map I'm pretty sure that it was at X -20593531 Y -45725437, Alpha Veragon 82 I a. The small forest moon.

I think it was just a little ways to the left of the beam down point. You'll know when you get near it because you'll hear the buzzing of all those electric traps.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
59923343, -86754915 II is a cult world (type I haven't seen before, covered in glitch cultist towers). One of 'em has a double-jump. Somewhere underground I found a dash, too.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tale posted:

I just found a pulse jump earlier today but I left the planet so I can't help you. :(

I'm really really sad that I've lost my butterfly jetpack thing (can't remember the exact name). I could fly infinitely with it and it could switch directions immediately.

I got EXTREMELY lucky..... my home planet, I scavenged the surface entirely (did anyone else notice that smaller planets are MUCH smaller than they used to be? I can circle around them in less than 5 minutes) when I randomly decided to dig a bit for ore before going to the next planet. Next thing you know, I stumble upon a tech chest with double jump! I was so happy, I've never found it this quick before

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Found a bug: If you use the scan function of the 3D printer on a medic spawner it destroys the medic spawner but does not add the item to the list of items that can be printed.

I can confirm that otherwise all the items that I fed to the scanner and COULD be scanned (E.G. pixel cost > 0) were scanned correctly while all of the items I tried to put in that COULD NOT be scanned (Pixel cost == 0) were not scanned and also not destroyed so this seems to be isolated to spawners.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 27, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Duro posted:

I got EXTREMELY lucky..... my home planet, I scavenged the surface entirely (did anyone else notice that smaller planets are MUCH smaller than they used to be? I can circle around them in less than 5 minutes) when I randomly decided to dig a bit for ore before going to the next planet. Next thing you know, I stumble upon a tech chest with double jump! I was so happy, I've never found it this quick before

Small planets could be pretty drat small before too. I found one last patch that was basically just an apex village and about 5 minutes worth of running through the wilderness.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Talorat posted:

Found a bug: If you use the scan function of the 3D printer on a medic spawner it destroys the medic spawner but does not add the item to the list of items that can be printed.

I can confirm that otherwise all the items that I fed to the scanner and COULD be scanned (E.G. pixel cost > 0) were scanned correctly while all of the items I tried to put in that COULD NOT be scanned (Pixel cost == 0) were not scanned and also not destroyed so this seems to be isolated to spawners.

This has been a problem with Spawner items since release.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
:siren: X 42140157 Y 55188426 Beta Beta CrA 400 VIII b (Forest TL 2) Pulse Jump Tech at the end of an Apex obstacle course left of the spawn point.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You know, by the time someone gets to X sector access, I'd think they'd have pulse jump or a boost or some other mobility tech already.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

First character since patch, got as far as distress beacon, built a little bunker to call the UFO down onto to cheese it.

It smashes the roof and walls off my bunker and kills me with penguins.

gently caress, that's new.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You know, by the time someone gets to X sector access, I'd think they'd have pulse jump or a boost or some other mobility tech already.

Before the patch, I didn't found *any* techs until I got to Delta. Even then, I had to look up a few coordinates online.

Pretty sure the RNG hates me.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Galaga Galaxian posted:

But that coordinate appears to be in the Beta sector.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Oneiros posted:

I've moved on but looking at the map I'm pretty sure that it was at X -20593531 Y -45725437, Alpha Veragon 82 I a. The small forest moon.

I think it was just a little ways to the left of the beam down point. You'll know when you get near it because you'll hear the buzzing of all those electric traps.

Thanks for this, and for anyone looking for pulse jump these coords are correct. It's in a chest at the end of a longish dungeon full of tesla spikes.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Shoehead posted:

Hurray I updated!

Tier 4 armor!
Furious Koala compatibility!
A BRAND NEW CAR!

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/skellies.994/

Edit: oh I forgot to change the name of my tier 4 armor and their icons, but gently caress it, that's for the next update.

Woohooo. I got to Tier 4!

The armor looks awesome. Now finish Tier 5 so I have something to do after work tomorrow.

I'm kidding. But my precious five year-old leukemic son only has days to live and he said the only thing he wants before he dies is skellies tier 5 so that's between you and him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vib Rib posted:

But that coordinate appears to be in the Beta sector.

You're completely right. For some reason I saw the X at the front and immediately thought "X sector!" Nevermind mind X/Y Coordinate system. :downs:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Found an Avian Airship in Beta Sector if anyone wants some early guns. Wasn't selling much good stuff, but maybe you'll get a good drop after massacring the crew. :black101:

X -20593548 Y -45725441, Beta Avior 801 IV b, Savannah planet. Short walk left from the beam down point.

<edit> Same planetary system, moon Beta Avior 801 IV a, jungle, has a tech chest with a dash tech sitting on the surface in a pool of water and a Floran prison dungeon where I got tons of plasma weapon goodies and a cool spear.

My new Floran character has ended up looking much more menacing than I intended:

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 27, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Were these bigass glitch castles complete with knights on robo-horses in the last version? I certainly wasn't lucky enough to find one if they were.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Blhue posted:

Were these bigass glitch castles complete with knights on robo-horses in the last version? I certainly wasn't lucky enough to find one if they were.

Yeah, they've been in since the previous version at least. I do seem to remember someone saying that this version would increase the likelihood of special dungeons spawning though, so it's probably just good luck more then anything.

That said, I haven't downloaded the new version yet, but how does compatibility with mods change? I've made a few little additions in the previous version, but I'm on a mac, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to unpack the new file structure to see if npc files or dungeon files have changed. If there's a list of changes I'd have to make to be compatible that someone could point me to it would be great.

GodExtreme
Aug 8, 2008
right so I am trying to host a server for this and it all works fine, however, if I host it on our microserver it runs pretty slowly with more than 2 connected, its not a lack of bandwith, more a lack of power on the server we are hosting on.

Does anyone know what sort of specs a server needs for this?

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
Does anyone have coordinates on some Apex apartments? I need to deck out my space ship with some wallpaper.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mr. Belding posted:

Woohooo. I got to Tier 4!

The armor looks awesome. Now finish Tier 5 so I have something to do after work tomorrow.

I'm kidding. But my precious five year-old leukemic son only has days to live and he said the only thing he wants before he dies is skellies tier 5 so that's between you and him.

You should take him to the zoo or something then

Edit:

Or he could now be a lady cyborg ninja!

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/skellies.994/updates

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 27, 2014

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I found a banana hat :3:! I am very proud of it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

From a few pages back...

KariOhki posted:

Has anyone else just been walking along when a giant meteor came out of the sky and gibbed you?

Cause that just happened to me.

Yeah, I definitely had that happen on my spawn world before the patch. The weird thing was it kept happening - there were two more strikes in pretty much the same spot within a few hours.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I made a new character right after the patch hit, deciding to go Floran since that's the only species I haven't really played. I mashed the random button and it gave me a "dude" Floran who is desperately loving pink, like just a blinding gorgeous supernova of delicate motherfucking pink, clad in the sauciest thong and vest the galaxy has ever seen. Because my policy is that any randomly generated character that makes me laugh so hard it hurts is a randomly generated character I should accept, I decided to hit the random name function and got Bitelicker.

Bitelicker's starting planet is full of purple dirt, pink Beakseeds, and cutesy piggies and lizards (incredibly hostile, of course. Then I found a double-jump tech in a hole in the ground, came across a lava biome with a miniboss in it, and discovered a secret underground base full of Human soldiers and riot cops backed up by deadly robots. The planet, much like Bitelicker himself, had a raging core of headbanging ultraviolence lurking just beneath its pretty exterior. In the space of like an hour, Bitelicker had become a terrifying hot pink walking arsenal with an impenetrable ballistic shield, a plasma pistol, an electric knife that shoots lightning, and a pulse rifle that vomits so many 1-damage bullets that I think it lags the game a little. Dude owns :black101:

The new equipment is awesome, the gun drops from NPCs are awesome, everything about this update is awesome. The game even runs better on my computer (although it's still slow when I go planetside because ugh my computer is poo poo). Can't wait to see what future misadventures Bitelicker the Pink Death gets into!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I found an outhouse filled with poo poo robots. It was dark, they shot poison and ended up 2 shotting me....

It was awesome.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Angry Diplomat posted:

I made a new character right after the patch hit, deciding to go Floran since that's the only species I haven't really played. I mashed the random button and it gave me a "dude" Floran who is desperately loving pink, like just a blinding gorgeous supernova of delicate motherfucking pink, clad in the sauciest thong and vest the galaxy has ever seen. Because my policy is that any randomly generated character that makes me laugh so hard it hurts is a randomly generated character I should accept, I decided to hit the random name function and got Bitelicker.

This happened to me with a hot pink Avian in purple short shorts and a pink belly shirt, and the RNG set him pigeontoed too. The first random name it handed me? Meatnibbler.

Welp, can't argue with the RNG. v:v:v

Oneiros posted:

My new Floran character has ended up looking much more menacing than I intended:

What in the serious gently caress is that ship, and where can I get it?

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Splizwarf posted:

What in the serious gently caress is that ship, and where can I get it?

That is the incredibly awesome Logistics Frigate made by one of Something Awful's own modders! I don't know if it's been updated for the most recent patch, nor do I know if that's even necessary! Modding is a mystery to me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Skull clubs, hiiyaaaa.

(Using the games assets feels dirty)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Aye, the Logistics Frigate is pretty bitchin'.
I haven't seen him/her around anywhere, so I made a quick edit to it to make it compatible with the new version for you goons.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32629384/LogisticsFrigateedit.zip

Install instructions are as follows:
Extract the zip into /Starbound/Mods.
so that it'll look like
/Starbound/Mods/LogisticsFrigate/

Then go into
/Starbound/Mods/LogisticsFrigate/ships/
and rename the apex folder into the race's name that you want to play as.
And bamf! Now you should be able to use his/her awesome ship.

( You should hop over to http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/logistics-frigate.768/ and give it a download and a review though, the ship is bitchin' and the guy/gal deserves any props and thumbs ups s/he can get. )

( Also, I noticed the mention in the readme, :kimchi: thanks dude/dudette. )

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Small bug, save and quit, came back and I had a different stance (personality). The girly hands out pigeon-toed one.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
What is the purpose of setting a home planet? Is there any reason to make a planet a home base? How do you utilize your home? Do you change your home planet often? I play with a few friends on our own private server, how could we take advantage of the home function?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

KyloWinter posted:

What is the purpose of setting a home planet? Is there any reason to make a planet a home base? How do you utilize your home? Do you change your home planet often? I play with a few friends on our own private server, how could we take advantage of the home function?

You can create a base to store your stuff, set down crafting tables, sport your trophies etc etc. Setting the home planet means you can warp back to it from your hyperdrive without having to remember the coordinates.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Maybe its just not having played for quite a while, but the threat 2 planets are way rougher than I recall. Had no problems at all in tier 1 or with the boss, and the normal enemies are just creaming me.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

m.hache posted:

You can create a base to store your stuff, set down crafting tables, sport your trophies etc etc. Setting the home planet means you can warp back to it from your hyperdrive without having to remember the coordinates.

Hell, you don't even need to warp back. Just hit E on the teleporter, and it gives you the option to teleport home, from anywhere in the galaxy. This basically means you can have a proper base, not just a shipboard one, and fulfill all your "awesome house" urges safely.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

ZypherIM posted:

Maybe its just not having played for quite a while, but the threat 2 planets are way rougher than I recall. Had no problems at all in tier 1 or with the boss, and the normal enemies are just creaming me.

I found they were much harder to kill. Like I went from 1 shotting everything on a threat 1 planet and then had to hit them 5 times on a threat 2. I may actually have to invest in crafting a weapon this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah it's almost as if the threat level 2 planets aren't a higher threat level than the threat level 1 planets.

:allears:

• Locked thread