Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
He looks like he should be in one of the Kick-rear end movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Who is the one that isn't Quicksilver?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if they have to use this design for Quicksilver in Avengers 2.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

He looks like he should be in one of the Kick-rear end movies

He looks like he should be presenting Smash Mouth with eggs.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ThatPazuzu posted:

Who is the one that isn't Quicksilver?

I. Goldberg Shopper, everyone's favorite X-Man.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Chamber (pre-chestsplosion)? Havoc? Hard to tell with just the weird glow around his chest and shoulders.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
Pretty sure it's Havoc. He had the whole "laser hula-hoop" deal in First Class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJTe6L4rwlc

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Guys it literally says who is on each of the covers.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

GonSmithe posted:

To be fair it's in a bright blue that's really unreadable in that size format.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

GonSmithe posted:

Maybe it's because I'm on my phone but it's too blurry to read, even if I zoom in.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Y'all might want to get your eyes checked. I'm on my phone too, it says "Havok: Absorbs cosmic energy and releases it in plasma blasts."

I do agree the blue font for the names was stupid, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rirse posted:

Wonder if they have to use this design for Quicksilver in Avengers 2.

The X-Men movies are done by Fox, not Marvel Studios, and as such are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Same with Spider-Man and Sony.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Waffleman_ posted:

The X-Men movies are done by Fox, not Marvel Studios, and as such are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Same with Spider-Man and Sony.

Unlike those cases, Quicksilver WILL be appearing in Avengers 2. I doubt VERY much that it will have anything to do with this interpretation.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Unlike those cases, Quicksilver WILL be appearing in Avengers 2. I doubt VERY much that it will have anything to do with this interpretation.

Isn't it both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? I'm surprised that the X-Men film isn't using her because they could write her reality manipulation powers as a path to time travel.

I wonder if Vision is going to be in Avengers 2, especially if they have Ultron.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What worries me about Quicksilver is how they will render him running. I've seen how they did the Flash running effects on TV and they all sucked rear end. Getting Quicksilver to look cool when in action will probably be the most challenging effects job of the movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Baron Bifford posted:

What worries me about Quicksilver is how they will render him running. I've seen how they did the Flash running effects on TV and they all sucked rear end. Getting Quicksilver to look cool when in action will probably be the most challenging effects job of the movie.

Pretty sure they showed a picture of them literally shooting with lights shining from every direction in a small space and it said they were filming at like 4600FPS or some ridiculous number like that in order to be able to make a fast effect.

Also the movie is being filmed in 48fps so that won't be an issue in that.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Yodzilla posted:

They're not exactly posters but loving :aslol: at every one of these Empire covers for Days of Future Past: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114003

How are there twenty five different covers for the same issue? Jesus.

I found this hilarious Japanese poster for "Seven" a few days ago:

EDIT: Another poster for Jim Rash's character in "300" and he looks pissed.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 27, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GonSmithe posted:

Pretty sure they showed a picture of them literally shooting with lights shining from every direction in a small space and it said they were filming at like 4600FPS or some ridiculous number like that in order to be able to make a fast effect.

Also the movie is being filmed in 48fps so that won't be an issue in that.

Huh, I thought HFR would be dead after The Hobbit until Avatar 2 comes out but I guess not.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's gonna make their poo poo sets look even worse. I cannot loving wait for the train wreck of the new X-men movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

This is probably the first time that Hollywood has tried to replicate the comic buying experience verbatim, since multi-cover comics were a big thing during the '90s speculator boom.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Criminal Minded posted:

I thought it was going to be pretty tame, which makes me wonder why they're even bothering. Mostly I'm just annoyed that they didn't let Bret Easton Ellis adapt it. Anyway, if it brings back actual capital-s Sexuality in movies I'll gladly give it my momney.

edit: I'm not even going to fix that perfect Freudian typo

Yeah, that's what I'm most afraid of. I would agree - why bother at that point.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

computer parts posted:

Huh, I thought HFR would be dead after The Hobbit until Avatar 2 comes out but I guess not.
There's been quite a bit of news saying that Fox will not release "Days of Future Past" in HFR, even though most of the movie was shot at 48 frames per second.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Robert Denby posted:

Empire once did 100 covers for a big anniversary issue - 99 on shelves and the last for subscribers.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Robert Denby posted:

There's been quite a bit of news saying that Fox will not release "Days of Future Past" in HFR, even though most of the movie was shot at 48 frames per second.

Brilliant, they've devised a method to combine the worst aspects of both framerates.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're collector's covers, you see. I don't see how any X-Men fan's collection would be complete without a badly photoshopped picture of Kid Vid over here.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

EDIT: Another poster for Jim Rash's character in "300" and he looks pissed.

'Why is he mad at Athens? Aren't the Spartans from Sparta?'

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

OppyDoppyDopp posted:

Its all Greek to me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I heard the studios had to keep making Xmen and Spiderman movies or the rights go back to Marvel/Disney? Is this why they churn out all those movies?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think that's part of the reason they rebooted Spider-Man. Like, a couple of the important actors like Kirsten Dunst couldn't return and they were like "poo poo, we gotta make a new Spider-Man movie poo poo poo poo REBOOT IT"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that's part of the reason they rebooted Spider-Man. Like, a couple of the important actors like Kirsten Dunst couldn't return and they were like "poo poo, we gotta make a new Spider-Man movie poo poo poo poo REBOOT IT"

And then that quick and dirty reboot made $750,000,000, ensuring that they're going to keep doing this forever.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The new Spider-Man was a better movie than the any of the movies in the trilogy so I don't mind at all. I enjoyed all of those movies when they came out (even the third to a degree), but they're all really hard to watch now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OppyDoppyDopp posted:

Because the whole invasion of Greece by the Persian Empire was the result of Athens' role in the Ionian Rebellion and their victory at Marathon which humiliated the Persians. Xerxes vowed to avenge his father's failed invasion with another one and vowed to burn down Athens. :spergin:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Renoistic posted:

The new Spider-Man was a better movie than the any of the movies in the trilogy

Hahahaha, no it wasn't, it's not even close. Not to say it was a bad movie- the cast, at least, was spot-on, but the script was poo poo and it ended up as a dull rehash of the first Raimi Spider-Man. I'd much rather watch Spider-Man 3 again; there are so many baffling decisions in that it's pretty much become a first-rate comedy for me.

Anyways, content- a Disney page on Facebook linked an article with a bunch of foreign posters for recent Disney and Pixar movies. Some are basically the same as the ones in the US, but a couple are pretty great:

Tangled (Japan)

Ratatouille (Russia)

Wreck-It Ralph (Japan)

WALL-E (Japan)

Up (Japan)

Toy Story 3 (Korea)

The Princess and the Frog (Finland)

Winnie the Pooh (Germany)

The Emperor's New Groove (Taiwan)

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Anyways, content- a Disney page on Facebook linked an article with a bunch of foreign posters for recent Disney and Pixar movies. Some are basically the same as the ones in the US, but a couple are pretty great:

Tangled (Japan)

Ratatouille (Russia)

Wreck-It Ralph (Japan)

WALL-E (Japan)

Up (Japan)

Toy Story 3 (Korea)

The Princess and the Frog (Finland)

Winnie the Pooh (Germany)

The Emperor's New Groove (Taiwan)

Gotta be honest, seeing them listed like that: I vastly prefer the non-Pixar output.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah, the interesting one is that they labelled the Japanese release of Wreck-It-Ralph as "Sugar Rush", supposedly to monopolize on the single by AKB48, a Japanese idol group.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Gotta be honest, seeing them listed like that: I vastly prefer the non-Pixar output.

I think Up is the best of the bunch, but yeah- the TS3 one is pretty blah and Ratatouille isn't that interesting either.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I think Up is the best of the bunch, but yeah- the TS3 one is pretty blah and Ratatouille isn't that interesting either.

Isn't that Ratouille poster the one used for the current blu-ray release?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rirse posted:

Isn't that Ratouille poster the one used for the current blu-ray release?

More than a few of them are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, the interesting one is that they labelled the Japanese release of Wreck-It-Ralph as "Sugar Rush", supposedly to monopolize on the single by AKB48, a Japanese idol group.

Its funny how all the American promotional stuff played down the Sugar Rush angle and did the best they could to not let anyone know that the majority of the movie took place there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

This is 90s-style X-Men. Why wouldn't there be?