Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah, anyone who says Bryan isn't "moving numbers" shouldn't be allowed to conveniently ignore the fact that he's been booked like a chump for way too long because HHH and Vince are creepy insecure manchildren who hate their fans. By and large, I feel like the WWE's fanbase has lost so much faith in their lovely booking that it'd be hard for anyone to draw money without a huge rocket push to the moon.

There was no ignoring of the numbers in that discussion, Bryan kept howling as examples of guys who were booked weakly and moved numbers were listed. All he could try to do is come up with excuses why those were different or didn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It's spelled "Diddy Kong Racing" you mark.

Preach on brother.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah, anyone who says Bryan isn't "moving numbers" shouldn't be allowed to conveniently ignore the fact that he's been booked like a chump for way too long because HHH and Vince are creepy insecure manchildren who hate their fans. By and large, I feel like the WWE's fanbase has lost so much faith in their lovely booking that it'd be hard for anyone to draw money without a huge rocket push to the moon.

We wanted Bazooka Kaboom.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

There was no ignoring of the numbers in that discussion, Bryan kept howling as examples of guys who were booked weakly and moved numbers were listed. All he could try to do is come up with excuses why those were different or didn't matter.

Right, and what I'm saying is that I think the WWE has reached a point where their fans have been trained to not care about 98% of the roster by all the start/stop booking, so maybe they should push Bryan like they loving mean it if they want to make him a real star, especially since his shtick is catching on outside of wrestling.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Could you clarify those numbers for me a bit with this: when Hardy's push to the title finally happened, wasn't he actually, you know, pushed to the title?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Rodney the Piper posted:

Could you clarify those numbers for me a bit with this: when Hardy's push to the title finally happened, wasn't he actually, you know, pushed to the title?

No, he was beaten cleanly by Orton in a manner that was frankly kind of midcardish.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST NOT 10 COUNT

EPISODE ??? - THE ROYAL RUMBLE + REVEALING & "DISCUSSING" THE PSP AWARDS!

We recorded this show last night after the Rumble. Decided to reveal all the PSP Pro Wrestling awards as well as talk the Royal Rumble. Enjoy???

If there was a best promo category I would have voted for The Goog vs. Great Muta. Can't give the best major show award for a single segment alone !!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

BlueArmyMan posted:

Punch & Piss: What are some examples of two guys who just should not be paired as opponents, for whatever reason? Be it safety, lack of chemistry, animosity, what have you, who should make every effort to avoid one another?

Bookmarking this question.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-01-27-14/

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Steve Austin's podcast with Jim Johnston is up now. I can't wait to listen to it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Now we need Dale Oliver on the show. Maybe he could "write" a theme song for the podcast.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rodney the Piper posted:

Also Dave left out the quarterlies that left DB looking better than Orton according to the numbers game anyway you look at it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NutritiousSnack posted:

Also Dave left out the quarterlies that left DB looking better than Orton according to the numbers game anyway you look at it.

Dave corrected himself yesterday and said Bryan draws better ratings than Orton, so no he didn't.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Dave corrected himself yesterday and said Bryan draws better ratings than Orton, so no he didn't.

Then I take that back since I only saw the one previous one during the Rumble :)

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 28, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I did love Bryan pointing out that Batista's 3 goals are actually 2 goals.

"Yeah but... uh, I guess you're right... no way around that."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Bookmarking this question.

Actually if it's all right I'd like to do "favorite/least favorite pairings" this week which should more than answer this question.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Karmine posted:

Actually if it's all right I'd like to do "favorite/least favorite pairings" this week which should more than answer this question.

You could call the "pairings of great guys that have poo poo chemistry" the Cena/Orton awards.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Dave specifying that Cena's jorts on Raw were new almost killed me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

Big Dave specifying that Cena's jorts on Raw were new almost killed me.

Haha yeah, sometimes you're listening to a segment and you just know it's going to be in the "best of" compilation at the end of the year.

Now I want to go back and see Cena's jorts, someone post a screen cap tia

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Haha yeah, sometimes you're listening to a segment and you just know it's going to be in the "best of" compilation at the end of the year.

Now I want to go back and see Cena's jorts, someone post a screen cap tia

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think Dave is finally losing his mind.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

triplexpac posted:

I think Dave is finally losing his mind.

Losing? Like, present tense?

I remind you of BeatlesPosterGate.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, I think those are the exact same shorts from the Royal Rumble.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cena has just rows and rows of the same jorts in his closet. Like the cartoon character he is in real life.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Closets full of jorts and vodka.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
When Cena broke out the jorts on Old School Raw did he realize how much he missed them or something?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cena's jorts the last two days were definitely new, I am an expert on his attire.

In actual news on the Board Dave said the ratings data he was talking about on the show last week was newer than the stuff mookieghana posted, so from October-now, when quarter hours stopped being leaked.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

Cena's jorts the last two days were definitely new, I am an expert on his attire.

In actual news on the Board Dave said the ratings data he was talking about on the show last week was newer than the stuff mookieghana posted, so from October-now, when quarter hours stopped being leaked.

I think we all kind of figured that. The Wyatt storyline kind of sucked and Bryan was out of the title picture (after being screwed out of his last shot) and was getting beaten down by the Wyatts every week. Shocking, that.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
PSPodcast was great this week, if only to hear how Karmine is the baddest motherfucker on the planet. :v:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Still can't access the immediately post-rumble B&V show. Anyone have this?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 22: All Sizzle No Sanem

A wise man once said ""I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know it will be badly filmed and very hard to follow"

Bard Perkins Thunder Hammer Miller Maddox joins us this week to talk about The Yellow River Boys and Jackyl. Somewhere in the middle of our music chat is some Raw Talk, a live report from The Royal Rumble, Gary Strydom's campaign for steroid rights, a business plan to purchase TNA.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba8gij3ieb3h6rg/022+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Thank's for listening!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Catching up on the last 3 Observer shows and Dave & Bryan are in rare form in this after the Rumble show.

"Just hijack the show again!"

"Im about to drop an elbow on my jacket next!!!"

"IM loving SICK OF THIS MATCH"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish I could give a live report for the Rumble, but I think none of us would want to hear me talk via my laptop mic.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Who the gently caress is this WWE Stooge that emailed Bryan I wonder.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Who the gently caress is this WWE Stooge that emailed Bryan I wonder.

I'd guess Brisco, he seems less loyal than Patterson.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh my god Bryan and Dave's argument about Mania and Extreme Rules was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave has probably been trying to come up with the perfect analogy for why less people will watch Extreme Rules than Wrestlemania and he found it... but his brain broke as he typed it up:

quote:

Just want to point to a perfect analogy.

Showtime had MMA for years and HBO and Showtime have boxing for years. There are likely hundreds of thousands of people who subscribe to one or the other primarily because they are fans of the specific sports. That's not the majority of subscribers, but the very reason HBO pays millions to boxers for a TV fight is the belief it brings them a ton of new subscribers.
.n emajey are paying

I assume he was going to follow up with despite subscribing to that network for one sport, different boxing/mma shows do different ratings, even in the same month.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Meltzer dropping some truth bombs in the latest retro observer

quote:

The show was a success in most people's eyes, as Hart-Austin, with tremendous hype leading up to it, lived up to expectations. By carrying through the tremendous work he's done building the match in the ring, Austin pretty well has taken a major step in the past two months into being a wrestler who should be on top for years. Michaels put on yet another stellar performance carrying Sid to what may have been the best match of his career. And the WWF attempted to immediately create new stars by putting them over in elimination matches, in particular creating Doug Furnas & Philip LaFon (the former Dan Kroffat now wrestling under his real name) as the top contenders for the tag team titles, and positioning Rocky Maivia for the beginning of what hopefully will be a long run as the group's upcoming superstar.

3 out of 4 ain't bad. And one of those didn't turn out the way anyone expected but eh, what can you do? :shrug: :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Listening to the latest B&V and that note from "Someone in the WWE". Wow. What an out of touch dick whoever it was that said that. Always good to insult your fans. Pointing out you have open contempt for your most loyal fans is a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Listening to the latest B&V and that note from "Someone in the WWE". Wow. What an out of touch dick whoever it was that said that. Always good to insult your fans. Pointing out you have open contempt for your most loyal fans is a great idea.

It was basically "you read the dirtsheets so you're not allowed to be mad....fukkin marks."

• Locked thread