Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
please don't slut shame also those already exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sniep posted:

there should be like slut cafes

where the girls take off their clothes and bring you booze

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-lu-santa-ana

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

isn't that called a strip club

shhhh, he's trying to innovate

just make the ios app that lets you pick the dancer and you're set

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chunk posted:

shhhh, he's trying to innovate

just make the ios app that lets you pick the dancer and you're set

don't forget the bitcoin tattoos on their asses

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they also have strip coffee shops now and bikini coffee stands

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

they also have strip coffee shops now and bikini coffee stands

they have a wine/titty bar near (well 30ish miles near) here

bigass billboard advertising it right on a major road

it sounds a little crass i guess, is what i mean to say

mlmp

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
opportunities in the stripper profession are growing at an exponential rate. i'm thinking of making a career change.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

syscall girl posted:

they have a wine/titty bar near (well 30ish miles near) here

bigass billboard advertising it right on a major road

it sounds a little crass i guess, is what i mean to say

mlmp

take a drive down i-95 and you'll see crass. billboards, roadside stops, neon signs.

even in the "bible belt"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i paid ten bucks to get this long letter from an ~*~indie game dev~*~. adjusting for inflation, i dunno i spent like 10.01 on this after a year of investing

quote:

This project has ultimately is died.

I'm usually a confident and crafty person but this failure has totally crushed me. I've since just been writing nonstop, a new game concept, book two of three of a sci fi trilogy I put on hold, and more.

Will I ever make another game? I don't know, but I have been writing feverishly. I still have an Engine to make more games.

If I ever do complete a project everyone of the backers will get the game for free.

Writing is my favorite thing to do besides playing games. Writing music or literature, it doesn't matter. It's one of those liberating tasks I can do just about anywhere and it has got me through harder times in life.

I'm currently looking forward to publishing a book I had wrote in the past.

I'm looking for a second job. I have student debt, familial costs, living costs, and more and do not have the means to pay back all the backers right now but I'd like to at least try.

I'm sorry for riling up you Kickstarter backers.

Final Note:

Please don't let me be the reason why you do not back other projects. There are several other Kickstarter projects such as the ones I've linked above and more that benefited from your generosity and your love for games.

These indie game designers are paving the future for our gaming industry. If there's one thing I do not regret is how much hope I have for the gaming industry with people like you backers supporting the underdogs.

~ Karim

link to his stupid long article where he blames everything but his poor management and contracting and people picking

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
"thanks for the free $20k, let me tell you about the cool poo poo ive been doing since i dont have to get a job"

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my favorite part is "i have student loan debt"

smart idea would be that you use that free kickstarter money on that idiot but w/e

comment section owns. people who donated 400 for a game with no demo are super mad (understandable)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Writing is my favorite thing to do besides playing games.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

mlyp

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
just wanted to bbe a writter

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
watching someone try to face the people who just allowed them to live basically without a job for 2 years for literally nothing is weird because it's like all of them have this one script they're writing off

"trust me, no one is as devastated as me"

"this has been the hardest time of my life, and i come to you with my [proverbial or not, depends on the ks] tail between my legs to say i moved to portland with your ks money"

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
no rules no liability

cya later shitlords :10bux: x 2000 :russbus:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Someone post the steampunk food cart that was kickstarted and sold on Craigslist please.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Vicas posted:

watching someone try to face the people who just allowed them to live basically without a job for 2 years for literally nothing is weird because it's like all of them have this one script they're writing off

"this has been the hardest time of my life, and i come to you with my [proverbial or not, depends on the ks] tail between my legs to say i moved to portland with your ks money"

which one was the moving to portland one?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vicas posted:

the tactic is "start off groveling so they won't beat you as hard"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my favorite kickstarts are the terrible ones

this is obviously never gonna get legs jfc why even try man

retro does not excuse "poorly made"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

WorkingPeer posted:

which one was the moving to portland one?

whatever the one that mashed a whole bunch of different NES characters into each others games

people kickstarted the idea that they were just getting a better, non-license infringing version of the flash game but then they moved to portland, bought a house to all live in, tried to add multiplayer, lost all of their money, and the last i heard was "we're starting over with Unity" because they heard about the new 2D system

they pretty much did everything 100% wrong

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

hubris.height posted:

my favorite kickstarts are the terrible ones

this is obviously never gonna get legs jfc why even try man

retro does not excuse "poorly made"

quote:

And the sprites, for heroes, enemies, and town-folk alike, are a fusion of classic and modern: they evoke the monochromatic still figures of the early Ultima games as well as the flat, silhouetted pictograms found in, for example, Windows 8 and Windows Phone's Modern UI.

:what:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
it's not crap! i mixed two different kinds of poo poo!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a poo poo cocktail, if you will

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tori CMOS posted:

Someone post the steampunk food cart that was kickstarted and sold on Craigslist please.

haha holy poo poo ive seen a really lovely looking steampunk food truck abandoned in a parking lot next to a plain looking hotdog trailer and a taco truck, both thriving. sure enough it's the one you mentioned:

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/post/36748358831/steampunk-food-truck-kickstarter-got-funded-a-year

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

hubris.height posted:

i paid ten bucks to get this long letter from an ~*~indie game dev~*~. adjusting for inflation, i dunno i spent like 10.01 on this after a year of investing

link to his stupid long article where he blames everything but his poor management and contracting and people picking

you gave $10 to a guy with an anime avatar

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

haha holy poo poo ive seen a really lovely looking steampunk food truck abandoned in a parking lot next to a plain looking hotdog trailer and a taco truck, both thriving. sure enough it's the one you mentioned:

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/post/36748358831/steampunk-food-truck-kickstarter-got-funded-a-year

oh god everything about this is the worst possible thing

e: ahaha the craigslist says "I sold these cakes myself and did very well but it's time to move on"

hm yes im sure you were just rolling in profit but got bored so time to not have a job anymore while you "move on" right

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

oh god everything about this is the worst possible thing

e: ahaha the craigslist says "I sold these cakes myself and did very well but it's time to move on"

hm yes im sure you were just rolling in profit but got bored so time to not have a job anymore while you "move on" right

it was a massive success, if you consider all the kickstarter money as profit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

I built this wagon to make and sell cakes. Here is my $3000 oven. (Never been used!)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Vicas posted:

it was a massive success, if you consider all the kickstarter money as profit
tbf she'd sell those cupcakes at parties and stuff before the kickstarter and has her own cake design company

Al! posted:

i kinda feel bad for whoever owns the transylvania express cart

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
boy howdy

quote:

I PLAN TO RAISE MONEY SO I CAN HAVE MY CYBERMATRIX PROTOTYPED THROUGH INVENTION HOME. IF NOT SUCCESSFUL, I'LL KEEP TRYING, IF SO, THEN ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAIT. THE 2500 DOLLARS WILL GO FOR MY CYBERMATRIX

i'm kinda tempted to pledge a buck just so i can ask him if he ever found his frog

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

pledge a dollar

have fun

cancel pledge before it ends

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

DaTroof posted:

boy howdy

i'm kinda tempted to pledge a buck just so i can ask him if he ever found his frog

so you found this on yourkickstartersucks but you missed the part where this is an obvious parody project?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

coffeetable posted:

you gave $10 to a guy with an anime avatar

gently caress

this really proves the point; don't trust an animvatar haver

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Proteus4994 posted:

so you found this on yourkickstartersucks but you missed the part where this is an obvious parody project?

no, i found it in the games category but i caught the part where you clicked submit with an obvious smirk on your fat greasy face

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
wow i'm not sure the amount of animosity flying around here is befitting of the forum Your Operating System is a Piece Of poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Al! posted:

its a caravan with a hole in the side. does that qualify as food cart?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Caged posted:

its a caravan with a hole in the side. does that qualify as food cart?
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

k

• Locked thread