Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Putty posted:

i'm sorry that does not sound attractive i wouldn't kiss skrillex

That's fine i'll kiss him twice then,, once for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Lesbians: :heysexy:

Looking like a lesbian: :barf:

Hmm yes perfect that makes total sense

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

mick foley forever posted:

i think you're misinterpreting "i don't find that hairstyle attractive" with "she can't have that hair how dare she!!" unless you think looks shouldn't be a factor in dating someone

I'm not misinterpreting, I'm saying what you find attractive has no relevance at all. Nobody cares.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my cousin's hair is even curlier than mine but she chemically straightens it and it just looks lank and limp and dead :( also she tells everyone she's irish-australian, she denies her proud heritage! anyway basically what i'm saying is chemical straightening is hitler

also half-shaved bright purple perm sounds incredible, could you post a photo? with the face blotted out or replaced with a tarsier of course

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
:munch:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Putty posted:

i'm sorry that does not sound attractive i wouldn't kiss skrillex

He has a good haircut. Men look good with sidecuts and undercuts too

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Avshalom posted:

my cousin's hair is even curlier than mine but she chemically straightens it and it just looks lank and limp and dead :( also she tells everyone she's irish-australian, she denies her proud heritage! anyway basically what i'm saying is chemical straightening is hitler

also half-shaved bright purple perm sounds incredible, could you post a photo? with the face blotted out or replaced with a tarsier of course

Best photo I could get of when it was red, slightly less cool, she's not v active on fb sorry those faces look so monstrous

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

mick foley forever
Dec 15, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

I'm not misinterpreting, I'm saying what you find attractive has no relevance at all. Nobody cares.

lmao okay sorry about being banal in gbs

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

Best photo I could get of when it was red, slightly less cool, she's not v active on fb sorry those faces look so monstrous

I think that looks pretty rad. Asymmetrical cuts are cool.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Dude that looks amazing. That is basically my hair but longer and curly and awesome because of curly. Now I want a perm!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

When I lived in Texas I shaved my head to the scalp every summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day, kinda like old etiquette laws about wearing white shoes except with a bald-rear end head. I got more respectful attention from quality dudes than I ever have in my whole life before or since. I don't live in Texas anymore and my hair is down to my bra strap, but it's totally basic, lank, cowlicky dirty-blond white-girl hair and requires a ton of maintenance and nobody notices, and I'm this close to saying gently caress it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

spite house posted:

When I lived in Texas I shaved my head to the scalp every summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day, kinda like old etiquette laws about wearing white shoes except with a bald-rear end head. I got more respectful attention from quality dudes than I ever have in my whole life before or since. I don't live in Texas anymore and my hair is down to my bra strap, but it's totally basic, lank, cowlicky dirty-blond white-girl hair and requires a ton of maintenance and nobody notices, and I'm this close to saying gently caress it.

I don't understand why you're spending time posting this instead of shaving your head. Please do this please I feel like your life would improve.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

a lannister always pays his pimp

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

detectivemonkey posted:

I don't understand why you're spending time posting this instead of shaving your head.
sunk-cost fallacy is the mindkiller.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

spite house posted:

sunk-cost fallacy is the mindkiller.

You should sever.

With your hair.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

GNU Order posted:

But seriously I have lovely thick hair that starts curling and afroing out if I don't keep it really short and I'm gonna be bald in 10-15 years anyway so I'm planning out the long transition period rather than going out in a blaze of glory

Thing is, a lot of women have hair like that too (maybe minus the balding part). My hair turns into an unmanageable frizzy/curly mass once it gets anywhere close to shoulder length and that's part of why I keep it short.

I don't really get what's interesting about long hair anyway. Most women have long hair, it's really commonplace and ordinary when you think about it. But then I don't really find hair in general all that interesting.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Thing is, a lot of women have hair like that too (maybe minus the balding part). My hair turns into an unmanageable frizzy/curly mass once it gets anywhere close to shoulder length and that's part of why I keep it short.

I don't really get what's interesting about long hair anyway. Most women have long hair, it's really commonplace and ordinary when you think about it. But then I don't really find hair in general all that interesting.

it needs to flow beautifully like in those shampoo commercials, or else you're not a real woman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have stupidly long hair and need to get it cut to at least normal long-hair length now that I think about it. I've been meaning to but this month was really busy.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Portals posted:

it needs to flow beautifully like in those shampoo commercials, or else you're not a real woman

The only time my hair has ever actually moved like that was when I started cutting it short. Before, it wasn't like individual strands but just a frizzed together thing. I remember when I first cut it off I was like "Wow, my hair is actually like hair! :v: "

I also got a lot more "You must be a lesbian" type comments when I had long hair and didn't get much male attention until I cut it. :shrug:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Since I was like 15 I wore my hair in a cute little bob but since starting my PhD and getting mega depressed I haven't been to the hairdresser and now it's like nipple-length

Everyone's all like 'oh your hair is nice :v:' but really it's just an unruly mess of split ends and junk, and either frizzy or gross and limp, I really don't know how to look after long hair :sigh: I know it needs a cut but I don't know what long hair styles would suit me, and I use Argan Oil and all that but really I want low maintenance

Reckon I'll keep it til my sister's wedding so I can have some pretty curls that hopefully stay in for longer than like an hour (my hair does not hold a curl which suuuucks because I think I look nice with them), and then chop it all off

The boyfriend has been nagging me for years to grow my hair out and I was all 'no it's gross when it's long' and now I'm like 'see? SEE I TOLD YOU SO' but he doesn't get what's wrong with it. MEN AM I RIGHT LADIES

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
if i end up being single and a cat lady for the rest of my life because of my short hair, well, it'll have been loving worth it.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I hate small talk at the hairdressers so much that I haven't been in a year and a half. I cut my own fringe back in a while ago but my split ends are probably record breaking right now. I'd be happy enough with it screwed up in a bun on the top of my head forever if society didn't tell me I have to make more of an effort.

Let's all chop our hair off together!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

Since I was like 15 I wore my hair in a cute little bob but since starting my PhD and getting mega depressed I haven't been to the hairdresser and now it's like nipple-length

Everyone's all like 'oh your hair is nice :v:' but really it's just an unruly mess of split ends and junk, and either frizzy or gross and limp, I really don't know how to look after long hair :sigh: I know it needs a cut but I don't know what long hair styles would suit me, and I use Argan Oil and all that but really I want low maintenance

Reckon I'll keep it til my sister's wedding so I can have some pretty curls that hopefully stay in for longer than like an hour (my hair does not hold a curl which suuuucks because I think I look nice with them), and then chop it all off

The boyfriend has been nagging me for years to grow my hair out and I was all 'no it's gross when it's long' and now I'm like 'see? SEE I TOLD YOU SO' but he doesn't get what's wrong with it. MEN AM I RIGHT LADIES

punch him in the dick

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pick posted:

punch him in the dick

no I need that functioning
I'll punch him in the arm

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Shannonmcn posted:

I hate small talk at the hairdressers so much that I haven't been in a year and a half. I cut my own fringe back in a while ago but my split ends are probably record breaking right now. I'd be happy enough with it screwed up in a bun on the top of my head forever if society didn't tell me I have to make more of an effort.

Let's all chop our hair off together!

hairdressers suck. i do my own with clippers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmao feminism thread defending argumentation and dogpiling as instructional to their surely great audience

after spending a page flipping poo poo about notorious troll amanda palmer

sometimes i don't trust myself and then sometimes i realize many of my decisions are good :v:

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

I love waking up to Ladies Chat and reading through hairstyles and dick punching. :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

the only reason I haven't cut my hair short is I intend to have it slashed off immediately before my thesis defense so that people are distracted and may forget their hard questions or ask things I already answered

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

vaguely posted:

Priorities correct.

Pick posted:

the only reason I haven't cut my hair short is I intend to have it slashed off immediately before my thesis defense so that people are distracted and may forget their hard questions or ask things I already answered
This is the best idea I've heard all day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
punch him right in the entitlement complex

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

lmao feminism thread defending argumentation and dogpiling as instructional to their surely great audience

after spending a page flipping poo poo about notorious troll amanda palmer

sometimes i don't trust myself and then sometimes i realize many of my decisions are good :v:

that thread is quite a thing

quote:

I seriously doubt anyone will punish you if you really want to take up the mantle of defending ejstheman's "transwomen are real women" analogy. Go for it!
this sounds extremely ominous, I know step aside is a bit of a terf but how much of the feminism thread leans that way?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Lesbians: :heysexy:

Looking like a lesbian: :barf:

Hmm yes perfect that makes total sense

Hey now a concept can be pretty in concept but ugly in execution.

Two women getting it on is in theory a beautiful thing, its mathematically superior. 1 + 1 = 2 > 1

In execution though! :stonk:

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 30, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Portals posted:

this sounds extremely ominous, I know step aside is a bit of a terf but how much of the feminism thread leans that way?
step aside has long gone 100% troll and is not even subtle about it and yet somehow people still think that by getting mad they are being productive

"hey! this person is trying to provoke a particular reaction! let's show them by reacting exactly that way, a lot!"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

GNU Order posted:

my ManpinionTM is that long hair is cool and interesting and short hair is not as cool or interesting.

And the opposite is true for guys. Long dudehair is dumb

Your manpinion is wrong you stupid loving idiot poo poo.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
my quest to monopolize all crews is going well

pick i will give you a purebred dwarf elephant for ownership of lady crew

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

step aside's trolling is annoying because it doesn't matter whether anyone takes the bait or not, she'll just keep posting 'haha trannies' for pages and pages and loving pages jesus christ woman go outside and do some of that ~real world activism~ you're always so smug about

anyway

holy mother of mercy

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Two women getting it on is in theory a beautiful thing, its mathematically superior. 1 + 1 = 2 > 1

hmm yes all lesbians are butch man-ladies who ride motorcycles and smoke stogies

Putty posted:

no pick don't do it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

did you know that's the thing my dad wants most? i would make this trade, but you do not have one, because if they existed i would already have given one to my dad so there.

unless you have the first...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mick foley forever
Dec 15, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

terrible post you human being

• Locked thread