Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Is she arching her back while wearing a nerdy t-shirt with no bra and midriff shoing? If that bitch is slouching at the computer and not showing the outline of her tittes that gently caress that stupid whore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

im so mad about this ugg

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that actually looks like a comic i would read

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but its so unrealistic no teenage girl would ever write fanfiction or talk like that

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

no teenage girl would ever write fanfiction

I hope you're joking

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Debbie Metallica posted:

I miss chit chatting with people and could use fun distractions.

God knows I don't already clutter up every OTHER thread with my babble

hello ozma, what's up

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ill be honest because sarcasm can be hard with words yeah im joking

im paraphrasing a bunch of middle aged white male nerds

so pissed about slang and the internet and muslims this comic owns

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

that actually looks like a comic i would read

this looks cool, wanna read it

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

NecroMonster posted:

ill be honest because sarcasm can be hard with words yeah im joking

im paraphrasing a bunch of middle aged white male nerds

so pissed about slang and the internet and muslims this comic owns

pissing that kind of people off is god's work

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

either "no one would ever act/talk like this" or "they are only doing this in an attempt to pander to girls/minorities"

i remember back when i was ignorant of what it actually means to be a "nerd" that i was proud to call myself one

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

NecroMonster posted:

either "no one would ever act/talk like this" or "they are only doing this in an attempt to pander to girls/minorities"
yes, they should pander to men/white people instead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

a travelling HEGEL posted:

well its working super well for dc comics! (ahahahah no it isnt)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The weird thing is, just about everyone I personally know who's into comics as an adult is a woman or a minority.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

NecroMonster posted:

well its working super well for dc comics! (ahahahah no it isnt)
uuuuuuuuugh dc

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

As a minority I relish every time I get pandered to. Even though I am not the same indeterminate brown as Ms Marvel, I identify so much more to her than like... Batman.

GirlHair Talk: Have you guys ever tried going to a black girl salon and buying that good Indian hair? poo poo like weave, sewins, and extensions will transform whatever you were born with into something you want for 1-3 months.

GuyHair Talk: Longdude hair still dumb.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

shes even got a sense of humor about the "fanfics" she is writing i am so mad ugg so very very angry about this

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I identify so much more to her than like... Batman.

you know I'm not sure that many white guys actually identify with batman, the well adjusted ones at least

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

im not sure that many well adjusted white guys READ batman

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Pick posted:

also sorry enfys your post is exactly correct but no one is going to listen to you and in fact they are unironically going to do what you describe to a post about what you describe, it's kinda beautiful if you like recursion

I had a really long, crappy day and couldn't help myself despite knowing it would all go badly and I'd just end up tying my own noose.

But what I'm actually upset about is that I bought myself a facial brush on the way home because I thought I'd try one, and someone recommended one with bamboo bristles. However, all it just did is shed bamboo hairs all over my face until I look like I have been humped by a really fluffy monkey. Now I'm itchy and have a useless pile of soggy bamboo fluff.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Torka posted:

you know I'm not sure that many white guys actually identify with batman, the well adjusted ones at least

the point is he is a broken person fighting broken people, both he and the joker were traumatized children and rhey grew up to fight each other for eternity, they are the same person

was it grant morrison that made this explicit? sounds like him

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I like comics a lot, but I don't have the patience to read anything ongoing. I just prefer stand-alone things with a definite end point, y'know?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i do know

except manga, i got no problem reading the new one piece every week no problem at all

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the point is he is a broken person fighting broken people, both he and the joker were traumatized children and rhey grew up to fight each other for eternity, they are the same person

was it grant morrison that made this explicit? sounds like him

makes sense

also *beats up people who commit property offenses, ignores problems that are actually ruining the world*

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Crow Jane posted:

I like comics a lot, but I don't have the patience to read anything ongoing. I just prefer stand-alone things with a definite end point, y'know?

As an adult with poo poo to do I buy ~Trade Paperbacks of Graphic Novels~

So is new 52 DC any good. I've kinda been sleeping on it. Most recent thing I've read is Saga.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

So is new 52 DC any good. I've kinda been sleeping on it. Most recent thing I've read is Saga.

no

nothing mainline dc is any good at all

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

I really like Saga, only read the first volume so far though. The art is gorgeous, and I adore Brian K. Vaughn.

I bought the first issue of the new Sandman prequel, but it's just been sitting on the shelf for a month. Haven't been in the mood, for some reason. I figure I'll collect the series though, because why not

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

KirbyKhan posted:

As a minority I relish every time I get pandered to. Even though I am not the same indeterminate brown as Ms Marvel, I identify so much more to her than like... Batman.

GirlHair Talk: Have you guys ever tried going to a black girl salon and buying that good Indian hair? poo poo like weave, sewins, and extensions will transform whatever you were born with into something you want for 1-3 months.

GuyHair Talk: Longdude hair still dumb.

there are a few african salons near where i live and near my old uni, and i've always wanted to try a weave. i daresay i'm way too cheap for natural hair, but the idea of having a completely different, new head of hair for a few months is so delectable to me. especially since i'm growing my hair out, so covering it up with like bright red shirley temple curls would be righteous

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also batman is a fascist

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I am glad there is consensus in this thread that DC Comics suck real bad because I think so too. I have been skipping out on the ladythread the past few weeks, but you gals are alright. I am finally going to get my custom dunks thanks to y'all, can't wait to post my uggo shoes here when they're done.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Fisticuffs posted:

I am glad there is consensus in this thread that DC Comics suck real bad because I think so too. I have been skipping out on the ladythread the past few weeks, but you gals are alright. I am finally going to get my custom dunks thanks to y'all, can't wait to post my uggo shoes here when they're done.

shoes for everyone

even dudes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yep

and not even the "good" sort of fascist like judge dredd where its made obvious that fascism is pshit

dc comics treats batman as if hes someone good, someone anyone would or should want to be

the justice league should have locked up and lost the key to that dude ages ago

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dc comics suck bork

i am not big on marvel either but hoh-lee-poo poo i think batman is a broken concept unless it is the adam west sorta thing

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

hello ozma, what's up

bad day

had too much coffee

going to go home and write for a while and do cool stuff like that.

You?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

yep

and not even the "good" sort of fascist like judge dredd where its made obvious that fascism is pshit

dc comics treats batman as if hes someone good, someone anyone would or should want to be

the justice league should have locked up and lost the key to that dude ages ago

f plus podcast did an episode recently about people who literally worship batman, it was pretty good

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

marvel fucks up all the time but at least they are trying to not be total brainless poo poo for stupid middleclass white men to masterbate too :unsmith:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i'd like to see how much crossover there is between batman fanbois in comic threads and people who masturbate in gip and cop threads

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it snowed again a lot.

i can tell the mailman did not walk up to my door to deliver my package because there are no footprints

there was just a box in a little snow asteroid crater

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

i'd like to see how much crossover there is between batman fanbois in comic threads and people who masturbate in gip and cop threads

nice av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I heard the midwest is supposed to get like 2 feet next week I want to die

I cannot wait to move to Seattle in a few months I am never coming back not even for funerals(you motherfuckers better die in the summer, family)

• Locked thread