Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The boys will now suffer from post-concussion syndrome and eventually commit suicide at age 45. Hooray for Grandpa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of this contraption is for.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

The boys will now suffer from post-concussion syndrome and eventually commit suicide at age 45. Hooray for Grandpa!
Foxy Grandpa wants no heirs. He will take his treasures to his grave, like the ancient pharaohs.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
This Mandrake story is probably the best thing I've ever read in a newspaper comic. Especially compared to the total lack of anything happening The Phantom's had lately.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Volume posted:

I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of this contraption is for.

Would it help narrow things down if I told you his new neighbors are cows?

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wait. No no.. wait... that's it? Seriously? After all this goddamn build up they're just going to loving leave because it's too loud?! There's not going to be some "battle for the planet Earth" or some poo poo like that? They're just going to walk away? Naw.. I don't believe it. :v:

The frogs are just following their own advice :frogout:

The Sezza fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 30, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That kind of rigid, utilitarian thinking is the enemy of creativity. Why can't you just appreciate a window-mounted spatulight semiwood armature for what it is? Randy does.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

RandomFerret posted:

spatulight semiwood

Mods? :v:

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Looks like Thor's old helmet in the background. Paul Ryan doing a little shout-out to his days at Marvel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those truly are some goony spacefrogs.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

:dance:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well for Christ's sake stop touching it and don't keep it in a jungle cave! :psyduck:

goatface posted:

Dude should really donate some of that stuff to museums.

You guys will probably be disappointed to learn that the Phantom's skull ring was originally owned by Emperor Nero and was made from the nails that held Jesus to the cross. Phantom uses it to punch bad guys in the face. Dude gives no fucks about history.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

It's the woman's fault that the slacker, almost unprovoked, did the first lovely grapple that every teenager tries to do and got slugged.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Surburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

I can't get over the sheer stupidity of this plotline. Even for comic strips this is just dumb. Do you suppose Margaret Shulock is just loving with Bolle at the point to see what kind of stuff she can get him to draw?

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I can't get over the sheer stupidity of this plotline. Even for comic strips this is just dumb. Do you suppose Margaret Shulock is just loving with Bolle at the point to see what kind of stuff she can get him to draw?

My friend's relatives recently caught a baby deer and tried to raise it as a pet living in their house. It turns out it's not a good idea.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

Pros & Cons

The voice in my head sounds a lot like Detective DeFoe too, assuming he sounds exactly like Patrick Warburton, which obviously he does.

Rip Haywire sounds like Jon Benjamin.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

You guys will probably be disappointed to learn that the Phantom's skull ring was originally owned by Emperor Nero and was made from the nails that held Jesus to the cross. Phantom uses it to punch bad guys in the face. Dude gives no fucks about history.

Where the hell does the Phantom get all this stuff anyway? The Phantom line only dates back to the age of sailing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TyrsHTML posted:

Where the hell does the Phantom get all this stuff anyway? The Phantom line only dates back to the age of sailing.

I'm guessing that the Singh Brotherhood probably have a pretty extensive collection of art and artifacts, and if the Phantom happens to come across any of it in the process of administering vigilante justice, well, he could donate it to a museum...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TyrsHTML posted:

He probably beat up a bunch of native tribes and just robbed them all blind.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

My friend's relatives recently caught a baby deer and tried to raise it as a pet living in their house. It turns out it's not a good idea.

Why would anyone do this? Hmm you know what's just fantastic, deer poo poo and Lyme disease!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

She needs to write an orgy scene to see how boring Bolle can make it.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

Don Martin, actually. Although Sergio is doing a Groo/Conan crossover comic right now.

You can see it here.

I have no idea how I did that.

I have no idea what the joke is supposed to be in Lio today, either.

DantePhoenix
Feb 28, 2007

I think they teach valuable life lessons and stuff.
I know what the joke is, but this was all I could see...

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Esplanade posted:

She needs to write an orgy scene to see how boring Bolle can make it.

So many white flannel nightgowns with frilly collars. Of course, you'd only see them from the shoulders up.

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Surburbia

I have no idea what's going on in this comic, but I love the art.

It's like what H.P. Lovecraft would have drawn is he were illustrating underground comics in the 1970's.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

DantePhoenix posted:

I know what the joke is, but this was all I could see...

Keep up the good work, thread.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

"Why do you keep calling me Neil? I thought my name was Bert."

Pibgorn

'Dishonorable Vile Submission' is the default filename used when Brooke uploads Pibgorn to the syndicate.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Les is the real hero in this school since apparently anyone who picks a fight with him gets girls to flock to them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So what exactly is happening in that original comic? Is she turning the heat up on the bed itself and then taking the covers for herself cause he'll be warm now anyway or what

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

It's martyr complex both ways.

Retail

Better not leave the house and interact with anyone ever because you're bound to get people discussing the weather as a way to uh, break the ice.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I don't know if I'd trust anyone in this strip to get anything done right to be honest.

Dustin

Dustin's mom must be the only one in the world who doesn't play Words with Friends.

On the Fastrack

Open bar, open source.

Safe Havens

Leonardo just doesn't appreciate true art.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

My take on metal artifacts is they're old enough to fend for themselves but manuscripts in a cave!

:420:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So what exactly is happening in that original comic? Is she turning the heat up on the bed itself and then taking the covers for herself cause he'll be warm now anyway or what

My reading was she couldn't get as much blanket as she'd like so she turned it up to where it was too hot for the man (this joke is based on stereotypes).

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

It's an electric blanket. He's hogging the covers, so she turns up the heat really high causing him to throw them off and she can have them to herself.

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Better not leave the house and interact with anyone ever because you're bound to get people discussing the weather as a way to uh, break the ice.

"Goddamn customers trying to have friendly chit-chat with me. It's like they think I'm a human being with an interest in the outside world rather than a mindless drone. If one more of these sons of bitches attempts pleasant interaction with me I swear to God..."

I've had lots of people in retail ask me for updates on the weather while I was checking out. Didn't realize it made me the rear end in a top hat.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus ends January on a high note, in my opinion.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Julet Esqu posted:

I've had lots of people in retail ask me for updates on the weather while I was checking out. Didn't realize it made me the rear end in a top hat.

You motherfucker.

But seriously, like no one here has ever been harmlessly annoyed at multiple people bringing up something the same subject over and over again.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gently caress it. Here's a God drat wall of Mary Worth. They aren't all here, but it was a boring story anyways. I have no idea where we stopped, but I could only find back to 12/31 anyways. She's out in NYC with the bearded retired Broadway star who has, of course, fallen for her.

He buys her a scarf from one of the street scarf merchants New York is famous for.

The disembodied heads of those she's wronged haunt Mary.

She almost gets hit by a cab...

...but the beard guy saves her.

She decides to leave, and claims it wasn't the taxi, but really gives no other explanation.

He takes the news well.

She goes home, hooks up with the boyfriend, they go for a cruise, and she keeps her dirty, filthy secret.

Then they go to the Bum Boat...

...which is the place a woman inexplicably chooses to go to tell her daughter that her father is leaving...

...and then proceed to have a mild emotional breakdown.

Waiter don't give a gently caress.

But Mary do give a gently caress.

She's got meddle in her eyes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You'd think the very last thing you want to do in that particular strip is draw the reader's attention to Mary's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson
If you have to draw arrows on your dialogue redraw your loving panel, Brooke.

• Locked thread