Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

schwenz posted:

They also hit her boobs pretty hard with the liquify/bulge brush in photoshop.

:stare: This...this is an actual thing.

schwenz posted:

I love that tool. Every time I use liquify to increase boob size I do the scene from Weird Science out loud.

"Wyatt, I know girls stats"
"Anything bigger than a handful and you're risking a sprained thumb"

Wyatt, you know nothing. Nothing.

I gotta go with Robert Downey Jr. with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

Gladiator built a boat.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Young Freud posted:

:stare: This...this is an actual thing.
This should sum up that question (link of big rear end gif)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

Can someone with more talent than me turn that Cap poster featuring Cap himself into him with Liefeld proportions via photoshop? The pose he's in is just begging for it.

I too used liquify to enhance Cap's bewbs.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

schwenz posted:

I love that tool. Every time I use liquify to increase boob size I do the scene from Weird Science out loud.

"Wyatt, I know girls stats"

Oh man now that you pointed it out, her breasts are totally pointing in opposite directions or something.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Aw yeah, that's what I was looking for. Thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was my pleasure. :v:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

schwenz posted:

I still say this every time breasts come up in conversation.

I hope those people have seen the movie at some point as well so they don't think I have actual rules of thumb when it comes to breasts.

CelticPredator posted:

Hahaha

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Here she has different proportions:

I think in the poster Dexo posted, she actually looks pretty hot in a superhero comic book way (ie if you accept the supernatural superhuman proportions, it works)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

This looks very 'straight to dvd'

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

New Winter Solider Posters

Can't unsee the long noodle arms.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

zenintrude posted:

Here's the trailer... it looks really bad :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORtLAxueLU

I would like it more if Seth wasn't the lead. The few clips of Neeson felt kinda flat too.
That said, I'll probably end up seeing it. The part with the native americans when he says "Mila Kunis" got a chuckle out of me.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Normally I'd give films like this a pass for sucky trailers 'cause I figure none of the good stuff could be put in a clean edit. This has no such excuse.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ok NOW I see it.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Seems to me that her pose references some famous depictions of Aphrodite: The Birth of Venus by William-Adolphe Bouguereau, and El Juicio de Paris by Enrique Simonet.

I wonder if this film will show Black Widow applying her military competence (small pistols), or her comically exaggerated sexuality (large boobs and wide hips)?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think that's just how good her body is (minus those perfectly round tits).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

From a friend of mine.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That's fantastic.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm confused why you guys are complaining, her arms look fine. In fact, most human arms extend way below the waist.

Unless of course this is one of those "aaaah she is too sexualized PATRIARCHYYYY" discussions.

Pycckuu fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 31, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think she just has long arms.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Pycckuu posted:

I'm confused why you guys are complaining, her arms look fine. In fact, most human arms extend way below the waste.

Unless of course this is one of those "aaaah she is too sexualized PATRIARCHYYYY" discussions.

Look at it in thumbnail, especially, they look like crazy noodle arms. It's something to do with the photoshopping on her chest, I think, sending the proportions of the rest of her off.

But way to have a whine about feminism anyway, I guess?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I need her on my pickup basketball team

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Kojiro posted:

To be fair, I'm surprised it wasn't brought up sooner

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kojiro posted:

Look at it in thumbnail, especially, they look like crazy noodle arms. It's something to do with the photoshopping on her chest, I think, sending the proportions of the rest of her off.

It looks weird in the thumbnail because she is holding black pistols. Luckily, we were also provided with a full size image where everything looks fine. Her waist got photoshopped to be thinner, but the noodle arms argument still makes zero sense.

I guess maybe goon eyes can't differentiate between objects just like they can't tell faces apart.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Look, we just want Marvel to get Mr Fantastic back...

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Pycckuu posted:

It looks weird in the thumbnail because she is holding black pistols. Luckily, we were also provided with a full size image where everything looks fine. Her waist got photoshopped to be thinner, but the noodle arms argument still makes zero sense.

I disagree but that's okay.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Her arms look fine when the image is normal size, but in timg form she looks like Andrei Kirilenko.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pycckuu posted:

I'm confused why you guys are complaining, her arms look fine. In fact, most human arms extend way below the waist.

I know my idealized sexual form of a woman is arms the length of pool noodles.

Honestly do you think about things or does that just slow down how fast you can post

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DNS posted:

Her arms look fine when the image is normal size, but in timg form she looks like Andrei Kirilenko.

I think it might also have something to do with having both the belt and that quasi-belt with the Black Widow symbol that's a little higher up. It makes you think her waist is up higher than it actually is so her arms look super long.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Her arms are on an essentially flat plane relative to the viewer while her body is foreshortened. They did not actually lengthen her arms in Photoshop.

Photographs are not drawings.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I know that there is a lot of discussion about how female superheroes are reduced to sex objects, and how they're drawn in sexy poses that are ridiculous. It's easy hunting to get upset and point at that poster of Scarlett and flail arms, but you have to keep in mind that for the last decade or more EVERY picture of a woman you have ever seen in an ad, magazine, poster, has been GROSSLY manipulated.

Before we were able to manipulate them so heavily, we mastered lighting, pose and makeup to achieve a similar impossible perfection.

Every photo, of every woman, you have seen in print has been lying to you. You're perception of what is beautiful is significantly skewed, and you aren't even aware of it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

schwenz posted:

Every photo, of every woman, you have seen in print has been lying to you. You're perception of what is beautiful is significantly skewed, and you aren't even aware of it.

Learn more by watching my documentary series, Loose Caboose: Films About Photoshop.

Thanks.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I can imagine them inflating her boobs, but why would they stretch her arms? Since when are long arms sexy?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Baron Bifford posted:

I can imagine them inflating her boobs, but why would they stretch her arms? Since when are long arms sexy?

They haven't, but in inflating her boobs and moving them up her torso a bit, and with the belt thing someone else mentioned, it gives that impression.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
This thread was the first I heard of Anna Paquin being cut from Days of Future Past, since I haven't really been following it. That kind of sucks and is surprising, since the film is basically selling itself on having the entire cast return, and she was one of the lead characters in the first movie.

edit: also why is Wolverine in both the Old and New covers? One of the best aspects of First Class was it was the only X-Men movie so far which wasn't focused on Wolverine, but it seems Days of Future Past might be undoing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I thought Xavier in First Class was the most likable character in the whole series.