Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

That's the beautiful thing with ASIS: you could go into an enemy building and there might be three low-level soldiers for you and your follower to mop up, or there might be fifteen including three Bandit Chiefs. Who knows?!?

God I love ASIS. I was walking around the Lorieus farm when a 25 on 25 Stormcloak / Imperial battle began, courtesy of ASIS, CWO, and the Populated (X) series.

I was running around trying to keep my followers from catching an arrow, because I would've gotten slaughtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

My Skyrim is doing an immediate CTD and I have no idea what is causing it. Brand new computer, out of the box only a few days, Windows 8.1
Skyrim launched and ran flawlessly last night, today no matter what I do it opens then immediately crashes. I've tried running it from NMM, MO, Steam, and booting the SKSE executable. Tried as Administrator and not as an administrator. Even tried a completely clean install with no mods, same thing. It sounds like an update for Windows 8.1 is killing the game, because my Windows 8 computer is running it just fine. You guys have any ideas?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again
^try that first

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

God I love ASIS. I was walking around the Lorieus farm when a 25 on 25 Stormcloak / Imperial battle began, courtesy of ASIS, CWO, and the Populated (X) series.

I was running around trying to keep my followers from catching an arrow, because I would've gotten slaughtered.
Those battles are the best. And God help you if you've got the faction armor aggression mod installed and you accidentally wander into one of those battles wearing the wrong thing. Or both of the wrong things.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I installed ENB and was getting a good constant 60 FPS, and the loading times were still very quick for a couple of hours. But now when I try to load a game it just stays at the loading screen indefinitely. I also installed Wyre Bash before it started doing this but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Just had a weird thing happen with ASIS and the new Apocalypse Spells mod. The Evil Twin spell was changed to be a channeled thing, and I think it interacts strangely with ASIS (maybe the spawns from the spell can be increased like the base spawns), cause a bandit cave with, like, ten dudes in it turned into a giant fight with twenty or thirty bandits fighting illusory versions of themselves, then my game crashed, which was unfortunate.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

bobtheconqueror posted:

Just had a weird thing happen with ASIS and the new Apocalypse Spells mod. The Evil Twin spell was changed to be a channeled thing, and I think it interacts strangely with ASIS (maybe the spawns from the spell can be increased like the base spawns), cause a bandit cave with, like, ten dudes in it turned into a giant fight with twenty or thirty bandits fighting illusory versions of themselves, then my game crashed, which was unfortunate.

Scripted spells and perks are likely to cause weird things to happen when given to NPCs. In my asis testing with sperg I had lots of really weird effects from npcs getting perks or spells that should have been pc only. Just add them to the asis inis' block section and remake the patch and it should stop the craziness.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Those battles are the best. And God help you if you've got the faction armor aggression mod installed and you accidentally wander into one of those battles wearing the wrong thing. Or both of the wrong things.

Or, as happened just now, going to shearpoint to grab Krosis and the Throw Voice shout, getting into a fight with three dragons (Two of which were Dwarven Sky Centurions from (I think) Deadly Dragons)).

And two Krosises. Krosii? Anyhow, fuckin two of him.

Glorious.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Technogeek posted:

What version of Mod Organizer are you guys running?

I am running MO v1.0.12

Technogeek posted:

Yeah, looks like the ModuleConfig.xml in the SPERG 4 download is kind of hosed. The entire SPERG folder is set as a required install, but since it lacks a destination tag, it just dumps it into the root installation folder. This also forcibly installs the DLC patches whether or not you check those as options, but always puts them in the SPERG folder. (I'm guessing that having the SPERG folder as required with no destination also overrides the later manual destination assignments for optional files, but I could be wrong.)

The fix I came up with was to add destination="" to the folder source tag, then move the optional stuff (the uncapper config and DLC patches) into an "Optional Files" folder which was only referenced under optionalFileGroups. For ease of manual installation, though, it'd probably be best to also move SPERG.bsa, SPERG.esm, and SPERG.esp into that folder and remove the file source tags from requiredInstallFiles. You could also assign each of the optional files their own folder if you want to go that route, but again, that would really only be worth it for ease of manual installation.

Welp, this went well over my head :/

Which folder should SPERG-DB.esp and SPERG-DG.esp be in?

Right now i have them in ...\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SPERG\SPERG\ (together with the Interface, override, SKSE and Source folders)

whereas SPERG.bsa .esp and .esm are one folder further up, in

...\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SPERG

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

LtSmash posted:

Scripted spells and perks are likely to cause weird things to happen when given to NPCs. In my asis testing with sperg I had lots of really weird effects from npcs getting perks or spells that should have been pc only. Just add them to the asis inis' block section and remake the patch and it should stop the craziness.

Yeah, just had another semi-random crash without me doing anything other than fighting some bandits, so I think SPERG perks are causin' trouble. Just to make sure, I put the mod exclusion thing with all of the SPERG esm and esp stuff at the very top of the ini, above patch settings, right? That way it completely ignores it?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah, I've noticed this. It happens because ASIS attaches a script to unnamed NPC records (i.e., bandit marauders, generic mods) which, when they spawn, causes it to do a check to see if additional copies of that mob also spawn - it's a good system because it means you can increase spawns without editing worldspaces. My guess is that Evil Twin works by spawning a copy of the targeted mod and then putting it into your faction; the problem is, any scripts that were attached to that mob are duplicated as well, and fire just as if it had spawned in the game world normally.

It's a hilarious bug because your reaction to seeing more mobs coming at you is to start firing the spell off as fast as you can, which makes more mobs, until you either realize what's happening, run out of mana, or run away.

I also don't except SPERG when I run ASIS. Livin' dangerously :getin:

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 31, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah, just had another semi-random crash without me doing anything other than fighting some bandits, so I think SPERG perks are causin' trouble. Just to make sure, I put the mod exclusion thing with all of the SPERG esm and esp stuff at the very top of the ini, above patch settings, right? That way it completely ignores it?

I'm not seorin so I can't say exactly, but I am almost positive SPERG perks did not give you a crash.

:siren:reminder that SKSE has an alpha with the memory patch built in http://skse.silverlock.org/ :siren:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Think I got it figured out. I'd downloaded the memory thing before, but maybe the method I used was wrong or something, but updating SKSE might have done it, or excepting SPERG. Not entirely sure which. Also managed to spontaneously create about 100 bandit chiefs using Evil Twin and console enhanced stats without crashing, so I think I'm ok for the time being.

I think what actually happens is that the Evil Twin spawn is a copy that's in my faction, but goes away once you stop channeling. ASIS causes that spawn event to spawn extra dudes, but those extras don't have either of those attachments, so you end up with a few illusions fighting an ever expanding army of angry dudes.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 31, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Mortimer posted:

I'm not seorin so I can't say exactly, but I am almost positive SPERG perks did not give you a crash.
In version 3 SPERG perks were well known to cause crashes if given to npcs. Some of them relied on scripts hard coded to work for the player or even quests that would go crazy if npcs had them. Version 4 may have changed that but I would be surprised.

bobtheconqueror posted:

I think what actually happens is that the Evil Twin spawn is a copy that's in my faction, but goes away once you stop channeling. ASIS causes that spawn event to spawn extra dudes, but those extras don't have either of those attachments, so you end up with a few illusions fighting an ever expanding army of angry dudes.
Increased spawns should only apply to npcs with "lvl" or "enc" in their editor ID so that's probably not what's happening. In any case you can add specific spells or perks to the ini files in the exclusions sections to filter them out. Location of each section in the ini doesn't matter but all the used sections should already exist in each ini file.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

Or, as happened just now, going to shearpoint to grab Krosis and the Throw Voice shout, getting into a fight with three dragons (Two of which were Dwarven Sky Centurions from (I think) Deadly Dragons)).

And two Krosises. Krosii? Anyhow, fuckin two of him.

Glorious.
I'm not familiar with Deadly Dragons. I tried Mighty Dragons unleveled and hated it. Long story short: it cranked out a variant of Mirmulnir at the watchtower by Whiterun and the loving thing had 2,000 to 3,000 HP judging by how many hits I had to give it. The Main Quest isn't meant for a dragon that strong that early, so everyone died except me and Irileth and the scene after killing the dragon got hosed up.

But the three dragons in a row...Jesus I hate that. Comes in handy if you've got some shout words to unlock, though.

About a week ago I was playing and had just finished the quest at Dustman's Cairn with Farkas, and on the way back to Whiterun ASIS throws a random dragon at me, so we kill it. Then on the horizon, another dragon, so we kill it. Then I accidentally fall into the pit at Halted Stream so I have to fight my way out of the mine with Farkas, and of course the first room in the mine has ten loving bandits in it. I had to take a break after that.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Ineptitude posted:

Welp, this went well over my head :/

Don't worry. It was meant for seorin to read, not you.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhOI6qpiQGQ Put this in the OP, close thread.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Crazy Ted posted:

About a week ago I was playing and had just finished the quest at Dustman's Cairn with Farkas, and on the way back to Whiterun ASIS throws a random dragon at me, so we kill it.Then on the horizon, another dragon, so we kill it. Then I accidentally fall into the pit at Halted Stream so I have to fight my way out of the mine with Farkas, and of course the first room in the mine has ten loving bandits in it. I had to take a break after that.

I always roll with 2-5 companions with ASIS and EFF, 5 especially during the 20s when normal mobs turn into one-shotting bullet sponges. It allows me to settle into a dedicated role more easily - if I'm being the fightererest warrior I can let my ranged followers and mages soften up dragons, while having a platoon of meat shields makes playing a pure mage less of a suicide pact. I have been disappointed with how quickly we gently caress up dragons, though.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 1, 2014

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dual Sheath Redux keeps popping up in the papyrus log as the last thing the game seems to be doing before crashing. Would it be safe to say that Dual Sheath is causing some sort of problem?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Burns posted:

Dual Sheath Redux keeps popping up in the papyrus log as the last thing the game seems to be doing before crashing. Would it be safe to say that Dual Sheath is causing some sort of problem?
No. The papyrus log is not an error log for the Skyrim executable and is not very usefull when trying to determine the cause of a CTD. It only logs debug stuff related to scripts and in the unlikely event that a script is the direct cause of a CTD, the game will likely have crashed before logging things.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ahh ok. Also I've started using the Immersive First person view mod and man is it ever amazing. Finally first person horseback riding. Also when you get ragdolled it stays in first person and looks a lot like Dark Messiah.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Burns posted:

Ahh ok. Also I've started using the Immersive First person view mod and man is it ever amazing. Finally first person horseback riding. Also when you get ragdolled it stays in first person and looks a lot like Dark Messiah.

Now imagine it with an Oculus Rift :byodood:

Burns
May 10, 2008

The Mad Archivist posted:

Now imagine it with an Oculus Rift :byodood:

I'd almost be buy to try it with Oculus Rift. But right now i think its time to start a new character as there have been far too many mods updated in the last few months and trying to fix the current errors is becoming tedious. Also you can see the arrows that stick to your body and it makes you feel like such a badass!

Edit: Didnt someone try to add track ir support to skyrim at some point??

Burns fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 1, 2014

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Mad Archivist posted:

I always roll with 2-5 companions with ASIS and EFF, 5 especially during the 20s when normal mobs turn into one-shotting bullet sponges. It allows me to settle into a dedicated role more easily - if I'm being the fightererest warrior I can let my ranged followers and mages soften up dragons, while having a platoon of meat shields makes playing a pure mage less of a suicide pact. I have been disappointed with how quickly we gently caress up dragons, though.
No less than two hours after I made that post you quoted, I ventured into Solstheim with a character for the first time with ASIS installed.

Long story short, after venturing outside of Raven Rock at one point my character, with Teldryn Sero and Relis Sedarys, got into what ended up being a seven-minute long running battle with a total of 23 Ash Spawn, split up into groups of 3-5. Of course, at point Relis went "NETCHES SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!" and charged headlong into those, so I had to help take down two Bull Netches and a pair of Netch calves as well.

This would have been in the general area between Kolbjorn Barrow and Hrodulf's House.

But hey, thanks to the ash spawn I won't have to worry about smithing ingots for while once the smelting is done!

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 1, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

No less than two hours after I made that post you quoted, I ventured into Solstheim with a character for the first time with ASIS installed.

Long story short, after venturing outside of Raven Rock at one point my character, with Teldryn Sero and Relis Sedarys, got into what ended up being a seven-minute long running battle with a total of 23 Ash Spawn, split up into groups of 3-5. Of course, at point Relis went "NETCHES SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!" and charged headlong into those, so I had to help take down two Bull Netches and a pair of Netch calves as well.

This would have been in the general area between Kolbjorn Barrow and Hrodulf's House.

But hey, thanks to the ash spawn I won't have to worry about smithing ingots for while once the smelting is done!

Yeah the Ash Spawn get loving nuts with ASIS.

In a good way. :getin:

Hell, :getin: should be the official logo of ASIS.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Speaking of ASIS I'm running into that old bug where enemies spawn on the wagon ride to Helgen and General Tullius gets off his horse to chase down some wolves so the gate never opens.

I'm kinda sad it doesn't do the thing where the wagon just starts slowly spinning in place anymore.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 1, 2014

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Speaking of ASIS I'm running into that old bug where enemies spawn on the wagon ride to Helgen and General Tullius gets off his horse to chase down some wolves so the gate never opens.

I'm kinda sad it doesn't do the thing where the wagon just starts slowly spinning in place anymore.
What I would do is disable ASIS for the opening scene, then after you've exited the Helgen escape tunnel save, exit to desktop, re-enable the mod, and start the game back up.

You have to do the same thing with SkyTEST or else packs of wolves show up during the opening scene and gently caress everything up as well; and also a pack of eight spawns right outside the Helgen escape exit tunnel and it screws up the journey to Riverwood with Ralof.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

I was wondering what difficulty do most of you play at and do you have mods that alter the difficulty (for combat specifically). I'm playing at Master right now and the harder bandits kill me in two hits (I'm lvl 15). Playing Skyrim on Normal is just to easy, but the higher difficulties seem harsh.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I play on the second highest setting. I mean, except for fighting the Silver Hand at a low level, trying to play on Normal is pretty dire. I tried out Legendary when I hit the high 40s, but then a bartender beat me to death in two hits through my best armor, so I stick with whatever's one step below that.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I recently installed Climates of Tamriel and whenever I go into certain areas or cast spells, I get this blue tint and I can't find anything on it by googling around.
Game goes from this:

To this:

I tried Phinix ENB out for a little while a few days ago and although nice, it killed my framerate after 30-60 minutes of playing and made Whiterun constantly dark.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

LtSmash posted:

In version 3 SPERG perks were well known to cause crashes if given to npcs. Some of them relied on scripts hard coded to work for the player or even quests that would go crazy if npcs had them. Version 4 may have changed that but I would be surprised.

The only crash bug I was able to replicate occurred when a certain script got applied to an NPC via ASIS. I fixed the bit of code that was causing the crash, and then later I also fixed it so almost all scripts that should be player only check to make sure they're on the player before doing anything. Those scripts simply don't do anything when placed on NPCs. I still recommend excluding SPERG from ASIS, but more because anyone who does it anyway should really know what they're getting into first.

I'm not confident enough to say there are no crash bugs in SPERG (this is Elder Scrolls we're talking about), but there aren't any that I know of.

Technogeek posted:

Don't worry. It was meant for seorin to read, not you.

Thank you for that, by the way. I'm planning on looking into it when I get a chance.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Hey, seorin, just wanted to say SPERG rules. Put about 45 hours in with it now and it's fun to actually have choices to make when picking perks. Thought I'd ask: do complimentary abilities in 1H and 2H (e.g., Bone Breaker and Skull Crusher) stack, and if so is it additive (50% + 50% = 100% armor reduction) or multiplicative (.5 x 100 = 50 x .5 = 25% armor remaining)? I guess it's not too important since you're nullifying lots of armor which is cool either way.

Morrowloot with it is also really fun. Recommend the combo.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Started a new character. No crashes so far. Although who thought it would be a good idea to spawn a Master Vampire at level 4 is beyond me.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How would I go about reinstalling Skyrim without any mods? I want to play again but start at the base game and slowly add mods back in.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

How would I go about reinstalling Skyrim without any mods? I want to play again but start at the base game and slowly add mods back in.

From this page:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Could you not just rename/delete all the folders related to Skyrim and then redownload the game through Steam?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Praetorian Mage posted:

Could you not just rename/delete all the folders related to Skyrim and then redownload the game through Steam?

Yeah if you have a fast connection and want to wait.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played mostly vanilla Skyrim up until now but I want to go nuts with mods. I've already started but the main thing I want, which may not exist, is something to make the female characters have the body of a warrior and not a model, even with the bulk slider all the way up. Or hell, any diversity in body types at all inside of one race, regardless of gender. Is that possible?

edit: I'm guessing not since the most similar thing in GEMS is an option to adjust your view height, which suggests that even changing the height of characters isn't possible, everyone is exactly the same height as everyone else in their gender.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 2, 2014

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played mostly vanilla Skyrim up until now but I want to go nuts with mods. I've already started but the main thing I want, which may not exist, is something to make the female characters have the body of a warrior and not a model, even with the bulk slider all the way up. Or hell, any diversity in body types at all inside of one race, regardless of gender. Is that possible?

edit: I'm guessing not since the most similar thing in GEMS is an option to adjust your view height, which suggests that even changing the height of characters isn't possible, everyone is exactly the same height as everyone else in their gender.
CNHF has a non-nude variant that has pretty good musculature, and replacers for vanilla and DLC armours and clothings to make them match the new meshes and remove the titplates. I use it myself, it's pretty good.

RaceMenu lets you change your character height, but I've always stuck with default height so I don't know if camera height changes with it. It's only for yourself, though; I don't know if there exists anything to randomize NPC heights at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: beaten to the CNHF suggestion

• Locked thread