Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

High Warlord Zog posted:

Old "men-on-a-mission-movie" posters are the best posters.

...I must see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Fat Lou posted:

I have this poster on my kitchen wall. It is drat awesome. I have never watched the movie.

Too bad, the movie is even better than the poster.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ShufflerZero posted:

the First Great Train Robbery

I really liked this poster, so I looked the movie up on IMDB and wow, ugh, yuck:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Yodzilla posted:

What in the world.

Okay so there's freddy in the bottom left and jason and Michael up top but who the gently caress is that on the bottom right??!?!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Okay so there's freddy in the bottom left and jason and Michael up top but who the gently caress is that on the bottom right??!?!

Pretty sure that's Scarface. And seems like they threw in Indiana Jones as well because why not.

EDIT: Whoops, meant Leatherface...

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 2, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Renoistic posted:

Pretty sure that's Scarface.

Wrong -face.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy at the bottom was an original character in the film. Or a hillbilly from The Hills Have Eyes, maybe?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I'd watch a movie where a coked-up Al Pacino runs around a farm killing teenagers. The one-liners would be glorious.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm pretty sure that's David Mitchell, you morans.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

...I must see this.

You haven't seen Where Eagles Dare? :psyduck:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Dude from Wolf Creek on that Charlie's Farm poster, I'm pretty sure.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Nathan Jones was once one of Australia's most wanted due to armed robberies so he's a good choice as a big murderous horror villain.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

caligulamprey posted:

Dude from Wolf Creek on that Charlie's Farm poster, I'm pretty sure.

Correct it's Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Nathan Jones was once one of Australia's most wanted due to armed robberies so he's a good choice as a big murderous horror villain.

The Giant of Boggo Road?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Bringing back the Captain America posters, I'm not terrible at faces and such but I honestly had no idea who the lady in the trailers was till now. Something looks very off between those posters and that trailer. I know the posters have been photoshopped but it's like the trailers intentionally made her look less like Black Widow from Avengers, let alone the actress. :confused: I'll write it off to being bad at faces.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

High Warlord Zog posted:

And another for the same movie (but with a different title)

Also

Old "men-on-a-mission-movie" posters are the best posters.

Oh how I wish someone would start making some movies that live up to what posters like these promised. I suppose Sucker Punch was pretty close...

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Cover to a Super 8 movie that one of my teachers "found on the street".

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Robert Denby posted:

Cover to a Super 8 movie that one of my teachers "found on the street".

Lazy poo poo only sent a VI.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's a fairly lovely poster for what is apparently an astoundingly lovely movie. What stood out for me though, was the fact that there's little mention of the duo that produced, wrote and directed it outside of the credit scroll at the bottom while shouting about the involvement two other producers involved in the movie who were involved in a pair of unrelated horror movies that weren't completely worthless.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 3, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

It's a fairly lovely poster for what is apparently an astoundingly lovely movie. What stood out for me though, was the fact that there's little mention of the duo that produced, wrote and directed it outside of the credit scroll at the bottom while shouting about the involvement two other producers involved in the movie who were involved in a pair of unrelated horror movies that weren't completely worthless.

"We're trying to sell a movie kid, not give some high-falutin directors that no-one's heard of a reacharound" :clint:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Isn't that the one done by the same guys who did "Meet the Spartans" and all those nasty pieces of wet trash? I wouldn't want to advertise them either.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Didn't they make Scary Movie too? I remember that movie being popular back in high school.

"By the producer" is pretty desperate to begin with but here it's kind of reaching new lows. (why do they keep getting money for that poo poo?)

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 3, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Isn't that the one done by the same guys who did "Meet the Spartans" and all those nasty pieces of wet trash? I wouldn't want to advertise them either.

Which is pretty funny, when you consider that the first credited producer Peter Safran, who's involvement in The Conjuring is noted on the poster, produced Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie and Vampires Suck.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kurtofan posted:

Didn't they make Scary Movie too? I remember that movie being popular back in high school.

"By the producer" is pretty desperate to begin with but here it's kind of reaching new lows. (why do they keep getting money for that poo poo?)

I don't think they did the first couple Scary Movies.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think they did the first couple Scary Movies.

They were both writers on the first one, which is probably the only halfway decent movie they've ever been involved in. Although, two of the Wayons' also helped write it, so I'm betting most of the better stuff is probably due to them.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

This is hilarious because they don't want to mention the directors of those lovely spoof movies because this movie isn't a lovely spoof movie, so they instead mention the producers of loving horror movies for a movie that has nothing to do with horror movies. Can you imagine a poster for Elephant man saying "produced by the director of Blazing Saddles and Space Balls"?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently they wrote the screenplay or the script for Spy Hard, which is hard to believe considering that film has actual jokes in it and not just references.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Madkal posted:

This is hilarious because they don't want to mention the directors of those lovely spoof movies because this movie isn't a lovely spoof movie, so they instead mention the producers of loving horror movies for a movie that has nothing to do with horror movies. Can you imagine a poster for Elephant man saying "produced by the director of Blazing Saddles and Space Balls"?

Are you sure it's not a lovely spoof movie? The tagline seems to imply that it's a spoof of stuff like the Hangover series.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
How the hell do you do a spoof of a comedy film anyway?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Are you sure it's not a lovely spoof movie? The tagline seems to imply that it's a spoof of stuff like the Hangover series.

From what I've heard, it's apparently supposed to be a found footage comedy, in the vein of something like Bridesmaids (you know, women get behave in a naughty manner, much laughs are had. In theory, at least), except it's apparently a complete piece of poo poo that can't even get the found footage aspect right (based on the AV Club review, it apparently has shots that could not have possibly come from one of the 4 women holding a camera, including rapid back-and-forth cutting like a conventional conversation scene).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ShufflerZero posted:

38: At the risk of causing a derail, have some classy train posters

How about one written from ex con Edward Bunker.

and the much better international poster

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Holy gently caress. That is pretty much the best poster.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

ruddiger posted:

He was the one who got Danny Trejo his break into movies on the set of that very film (they'd recognized each other from prison).

I couldn't decide which of these to go with, so have the lot!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

He was the one who got Danny Trejo his break into movies on the set of that very film (they'd recognized each other from prison).

Yeah, he fights Eric Roberts at the beginning of the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItOo3b0P-Ik

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ruddiger posted:

Oh wow that's killer.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

:barf:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Madkal posted:

Didn't they do that for The Fly?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

I assume since there's only one barfing face you haven't actually seen the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

Because remaking sequels to a 30 year old movie is really loving stupid if you think about it.