Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/SGfgaoU.gif :nws:

hello putty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

This was all to interview for an internship that didn't exist, right?
yes

yes it was

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

pro click

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Ariel Sharon is the reason for this. He has bigger plans for you.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
that will be my avatar now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

poopkitty posted:

Ariel Sharon is the reason for this. He has bigger plans for you.

Yeah, The Jewish people don't traditionally find a lot of success in Hollywood.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
get back on steam

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
but i don't want to evict israeli settlers from the west bank, i just want to be a concept artist

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
anyway it was just another episode in the absurdist tragicomedy that is my life and i'm so happy that you were all here to share it with me

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

but i don't want to evict israeli settlers from the west bank, i just want to be a concept artist

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I know that gif doesn't make sense as a reply to that post, but i just like that gif and wanted to post it.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

boom boom boom posted:

I know that gif doesn't make sense as a reply to that post, but i just like that gif and wanted to post it.

it's a good gif

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
it's a good gif. you should post it in the 20s thread

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
where is this skyrim mod. i must have this.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Did you try emailing them first? Their website says they accept 'expressions of interest'. Maybe a kindly person will respond to you.

Also, do you have a way to pay for your own insurance? My bf got caught in an awful trap where he wanted to work for free with our landlord at the newspaper he runs the Brisbane arm of The Australian, but the paper wouldn't hire him without insurance. Usually interns get insurance from their universities, and he'd just graduated. So he was in the situation of having the landlord come home every day complaining that they needed more staff, particularly young folks to run the twitter etc, and yet his bosses wouldn't let him get my bf to work for free cos they didn't want to pay for insurance! It was all very silly.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Obligatory Toast posted:

where is this skyrim mod. i must have this.

it is schlongs of skyrim

I know this because it was on the nexus front page for like a month lmao

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Schmetterling posted:

Did you try emailing them first? Their website says they accept 'expressions of interest'. Maybe a kindly person will respond to you.

Also, do you have a way to pay for your own insurance? My bf got caught in an awful trap where he wanted to work for free with our landlord at the newspaper he runs the Brisbane arm of The Australian, but the paper wouldn't hire him without insurance. Usually interns get insurance from their universities, and he'd just graduated. So he was in the situation of having the landlord come home every day complaining that they needed more staff, particularly young folks to run the twitter etc, and yet his bosses wouldn't let him get my bf to work for free cos they didn't want to pay for insurance! It was all very silly.
i'm going to try emailing them now, definitely! our uni just encourages us to show up in person whenever possible, and it's worked for me in the past (because i am incredibly attractive you see) but if it's going to get me arrested then it's probably not worth it

luckily i get insurance through the uni so that shouldn't be a problem. i'm just fretting now because i only have a month left to arrange this internship :( but i'm being fairly picky atm so i can probably just fire my portfolios off all over sydney at the last minute and get a job drawing logos if all else fails

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i'm going to try emailing them now, definitely! our uni just encourages us to show up in person whenever possible, and it's worked for me in the past (because i am incredibly attractive you see) but if it's going to get me arrested then it's probably not worth it

luckily i get insurance through the uni so that shouldn't be a problem. i'm just fretting now because i only have a month left to arrange this internship :( but i'm being fairly picky atm so i can probably just fire my portfolios off all over sydney at the last minute and get a job drawing logos if all else fails

Please super earnestly tell the person who suggested going in person the story of trying to get in, but end it by asking if you did the wrong thing by giving up. Post reaction.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

detectivemonkey posted:

Please super earnestly tell the person who suggested going in person the story of trying to get in, but end it by asking if you did the wrong thing by giving up. Post reaction.
i'm absolutely going to do that. plus i'll let them know that ariel said i should have kept trying because there were a few places where the fences were close to climbable objects and i could have jumped over with a bit of effort, but that i ignored him because wtf would he know about climbing fences, useless fatass ghost never climbed a goddamn fence in his life. then i'll do the labia thing and if i have time i'll release the spiders and after that i guess i'll be consulting my lawyer

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The super bowl was a disappointment and i really regret going up to Wisconsin for it.

On the way back the train broke down and we had to wait for a shuttle bus to come and take us back to Chicago :smith:

Now I'm behind on work and I have a lot of catching up to do A LOT. My next few weeks are going to suck. I think I'm going to bed now.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Ariel Sharon is the reason for this. He has bigger glans for you.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Total bummer. Sleep well and dream of cute spiders. With turret eyes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

The super bowl was a disappointment and i really regret going up to Wisconsin for it.

you may be mistaken, the super bowl was in jersey, you were looking at a dairy farm

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the super bowl is always a disappointment

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

you may be mistaken, the super bowl was in jersey, you were looking at a dairy farm

The dairy farm would have been less disappointing.
E:
At least the crab leg fest was good.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i was disappointed in the superbowl and i'm not even in the same country

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i dont like commercials at all honestly they just annoy me

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The gridiron world finals were hilarious if you can appreciate the context.

One of the most highly anticipated sport events. It gets talked up for weeks. The two best footballer teams in the world play each other on the biggest stage possible. The commericals, the halftime show, all the media coverage. And it's an embarrasing, one sided asskicking, one of the most embarrasing asskickings of this year.

It was beautiful. Hail satan.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh also some dude faked his press credentials and got on to the postgame interview stage and went all 9/11 truther on live air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQlRseW2NA

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

E:

you are all confused about animals

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Al Borland posted:

E:

How do you get good crab legs to wisconsin? Those crabs must have walked two thousand miles!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Pick posted:

you are all confused about animals

Yeah weird, everybody knows there's a big difference between dairy crabs and meat crabs. You don't eat dairy crabs and you don't milk meat crabs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

i overslept and this was the only pokemon left :(

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

i overslept and this was the only pokemon left :(

whattt

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
just me and the australians on ladycrew, what up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hello hegel

i had an unusual day, how about you

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

hello hegel

i had an unusual day, how about you
similar but less hosed up--i went to the german deputy consul's house but it was the wrong day so their house was empty and i went home and will come back on the 6th, which is the actual day

their desktop was goku though, i could see it from the window

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

what happened to your name hegel

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
did you wear your cowboy boots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012