Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
If you don't regularly check LEGO blogs, there are a lot of sales on Amazon right now. Basically everything from the Movie is 20% off, and a lot of 2013 sets are discounted 30% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

when what we clearly need rebooted is Blacktron, Futuron, and M:Tron?

How about they package up and sell this as a set? :v:

I like trans yellow better than neon green, but I could live with it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Pirate Ken posted:

If you don't regularly check LEGO blogs, there are a lot of sales on Amazon right now. Basically everything from the Movie is 20% off, and a lot of 2013 sets are discounted 30% off.
There was this goon run thing to monitor Amazon's Lego sales called BrickBadger and it apparently still exists.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
It certainly does!

Also Worriz Combat for $35 is crazy. I know you can't compare like for like, but that's a third of the UK retail price. I'd be all over that. You don't usually see a lot of 50% off on amazon.com because Lego is a lot cheaper in the US in general.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Walmart is apparently super clearancing everything LEGO right now as well.

This is like the only time I am NOT glad there is not a close Walmart around me.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
So at 939 pieces is Benny's Spaceship (X3) actually the highest piece count of any non Star Wars spaceship they've ever sold?

And have the released a price for Sea Cow yet? I'm very tempted to get it, but am concerned it's going to be crazy expensive.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yeah, it's funny that I just had to wait a couple of days. :hellyeah:

Picked up the Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for $70 total. loving awesome. Sadly, it was just Galaxy Squad and a couple random sets from other themes, but I'm happy. If only I hadn't picked up the Hive Crawler from Amazon the other day for $50. Coulda had it for $35. Oh well. Still happy.

xzzy posted:

How about they package up and sell this as a set? :v:

I like trans yellow better than neon green, but I could live with it.

This was one of my favorite scenes from the 2013 Brickworlds. I'm so excited for Indy I can taste it. I haven't looked into the new venue yet, but hopefully it's easier to find somewhere to park (and also closer to the LEGO store...)

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

So at 939 pieces is Benny's Spaceship (X3) actually the highest piece count of any non Star Wars spaceship they've ever sold?

And have the released a price for Sea Cow yet? I'm very tempted to get it, but am concerned it's going to be crazy expensive.

The Sea Cow has 2741 pieces, expect it to be $250-300.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

rickiep00h posted:

Picked up the Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for $70 total. loving awesome. Sadly, it was just Galaxy Squad and a couple random sets from other themes, but I'm happy. If only I hadn't picked up the Hive Crawler from Amazon the other day for $50. Coulda had it for $35. Oh well. Still happy.

I wish I could find any in-person deals on Lego, but there are no good vendors that do huge discounts every once in a while close to me (Walmart, Kmart). Online deals are always a bust because pro-Lego resellers buy out the entire stock in like 5 minutes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pirate Ken posted:

What blogs do you guys read?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

jeeves posted:

This is like the only time I am NOT glad there is not a close Walmart around me.

New fiscal year, mark down money commence. I sadly know this...:(

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

I thought for sure that would be wrong, but a check on Peeron shows that's true. The largest 'space' theme set is the Earth Defense HQ at 875, and the largest spaceship is the Galactic Enforcer from SP3 at 825. Mars Mission's MX-81 is next at 795.

Unless you count the Space Shuttle Expedition/Adventure sets (1230/1204 pieces) or the Technic Space Shuttle (1368 pieces), Benny's will be the largest non-SW spaceship they've done!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Captain Duvel posted:

New fiscal year, mark down money commence. I sadly know this...:(

If anyone wants to go to any local WMs and check for stock, I'd honestly pay for shipping or something. I'm totally not a reseller (gently caress the :effort: of it) but I want more Galaxy Squad big sets for cheap :[

Apparently Brickpicker is going insane with the deals... this is like the ONLY time I miss out by not having a local Walmart.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

deoju posted:

What blogs do you guys read?

Brickset
Toysnbricks
from bricks to bothans
Deconstructing plastic bricks
Brickpicker
brothers brick
Eurobricks

Brickset has solid forums. Brickpicker has the most updated sales. I like toysnbricks but it mostly aggregates other sources. Deconstructing plastic bricks does cultural analysis of Lego. Ftbt is all star wars. Brothers brick has great mocs. Euro bricks has some exclusives.

Also there's the Slovenian site kocke that leaks sets before others sometimes (I spent a month there, met some great fans)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

jeeves posted:

I scooped up the Doc Ock Spider-Man set tonight on clearance, and Fred Meyer/Kroger clearanced out some LOTR sets this week, like the council of elrond. Been a good Lego week.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Thanks to this thread I snagged Jabba's barge for $79; that's $40 off retail. Anyone who wants some good deals really should hie thee to Walmart.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
My fleshie cowboy count is up around 80 now. Couple vignettes:

The law catches up with the Mariachi at the hangin’ hill

Desperate bandits attack the Crowfeather encampment

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

jeeves posted:

If anyone wants to go to any local WMs and check for stock, I'd honestly pay for shipping or something. I'm totally not a reseller (gently caress the :effort: of it) but I want more Galaxy Squad big sets for cheap :[

Apparently Brickpicker is going insane with the deals... this is like the ONLY time I miss out by not having a local Walmart.

If you're serious, my Wal-Mart currently has 4 vermin vaporizers for $35 each, 7 bug obliterators for $50, 3 hive crawlers for $35, 6 crater creepers for $11, and an eradicator mech for $25. I have no idea how long they'll last. I could float a few.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Pyroclastic posted:

If you're serious, my Wal-Mart currently has 4 vermin vaporizers for $35 each, 7 bug obliterators for $50, 3 hive crawlers for $35, 6 crater creepers for $11, and an eradicator mech for $25. I have no idea how long they'll last. I could float a few.

gently caress me, those are great prices. To be honest I think I may just drive 30-45 minutes to the nearest Walmart and see if they have any or more before trying to figure out shipping.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Pyroclastic posted:

I would definitely be interested in a Vermin Vaporizer if you do this.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So I got my replacement Flux Capacitor from Lego, but it required a phone call, as the brick isn't listed on the Lego website. (I even tried just putting in for a special brick that wasn't listed, but that led to endless emails with Lego.)

The brick arrived in an official little Lego ziplock, and is the correct piece.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I used this link. At one point you enter the set number and it lists every piece including the flux. Never had to talk to anyone.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
We just won't talk about the three BTTF sets I picked up at Target for $8 each over the holidays.

...oh. wait.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Thanks! I'll check these out.:)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ChesterJT posted:

I used this link. At one point you enter the set number and it lists every piece including the flux. Never had to talk to anyone.

Huh - that's where I went. The Flux piece never popped up - I had to describe it in writing.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just got back from a late night Walmart trip, I hit the three local Walmarts and the all had the Galaxy Squad stuff on sale and a huge discount on that too, the big $100 set was marked down to $49.99.

I was surprised when I saw the Lone Ranger train set on sale for $45($100 normal retail price), the movie sucked but I liked the wild west sets a lot and the Lone Ranger sets looked great but not at their normal retail price, needless to say I got my very first Lego train set and I am pretty sure I am going to want more trains now.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

My local Wal-Mart is pretty terrible (its "clearance" Lego is usually $100 sets for $98), but they did have Galaxy Squad (and the SpongeBob pirate ship) on pretty hefty clearance. I got the Eradicator for $25 and the Galactic Titan for $50. I hadn't really looked at the Galactic Titan before, but I couldn't say no to 1,012 pieces for 50 bucks. I already had the Vaporizer, so the three should look pretty good together.

They were just in the Lego aisle and not in the clearance section. YMMV, but don't be discouraged like I was if you don't see them in clearance. The bug stuff in Galaxy Squad never did it for me, but the mechs are nice.

(They also had Minecraft sets, but I'm not sure how those are selling secondhand nowadays. I suspect they'd probably be a good investment, but I guess that really depends on how long Lego keeps them around vs. how long Minecraft stays popular.)

e: I was really hoping for the Lone Ranger train just so I could hook it up to the DeLorean, but Lone Ranger stuff's been gone for about a year here now. I actually saw some of the smaller sets at TJ Maxx a few months back, so they're definitely not going to pop up randomly at this point.

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 6, 2014

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

You fuckers! I spent 200 bucks on LEGO today thanks to you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FadingChord posted:

(They also had Minecraft sets, but I'm not sure how those are selling secondhand nowadays. I suspect they'd probably be a good investment, but I guess that really depends on how long Lego keeps them around vs. how long Minecraft stays popular.)

There's definitely some interest, last time I was at the lego store some parents were asking about them and the employee said they'd been out of stock for a while. I guess that doesn't say if they're selling fast or they're just not keeping them stocked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Minecraft is among the best selling video games of all time, like top 10 or 20 I believe. It's sold over 40 million copies and schools buy it because it inspires creativity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made more sets, frankly. I could go for an official larger Creeper set. Heck, I bet people would buy sets that were just blocks made of Legos(diamond/redstone ore, cobblestone, grass block, etc) with the actual pixels and colorations represented on it. Just, you know, as a small novelty set.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Captain Invictus posted:

Minecraft is among the best selling video games of all time, like top 10 or 20 I believe. It's sold over 40 million copies and schools buy it because it inspires creativity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made more sets, frankly. I could go for an official larger Creeper set. Heck, I bet people would buy sets that were just blocks made of Legos(diamond/redstone ore, cobblestone, grass block, etc) with the actual pixels and colorations represented on it. Just, you know, as a small novelty set.

Larger minifigure size Lego Minecraft sets are in the works. They have published a bunch of youtube videos showing the designers trying to ask fans to vote on the best designs for things like Creepers, pigs and such.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I found a Minecraft village set chilling at a Walmart last weekend. Was full price, which sucks, but I still found it for not internet prices, which is cool.

Shame the nether set sucks.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Any idea if Walmart has any of the City or Friends sets on clearance?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Rathina posted:

Any idea if Walmart has any of the City or Friends sets on clearance?

The Lego City Undercover set (High Speed Chase) was on a pretty okay clearance (I think like $18 for a $30 set) last night. I didn't see any other clearance City, though, and I didn't even think to look for Friends sets.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

If anyone is curious about the Lego Movie don't read the AV Clubs review of it. The very first sentence spoils a major twist/scene at the end of the film.

lovely of them.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I saw it on vacation just now. It's been out in the Caribbean all week already I guess? Pretty solid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

jeeves posted:

Larger minifigure size Lego Minecraft sets are in the works. They have published a bunch of youtube videos showing the designers trying to ask fans to vote on the best designs for things like Creepers, pigs and such.

Got links to these videos?

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
My AMC theater has a commercial for Kreo before the LEGO Movie. I got a good laugh out of it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would definitely be interested in a Vermin Vaporizer if you do this.

I picked one up. I have PMs if you wanna contact me through there; otherwise, pyroclastichawk at gmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
gently caress you guys, I've got to wait two more months before I can see Lego Movie. It's going to be hard avoiding spoilers until then.