Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Nessa posted:

I thought he was mocking me for some reason.

Isn't complaining about the weather par for the course in chat threads?

I love wet weather, so I would trade places with you, Shannonmcn.

You mentioned getting a 3DS and pokemon and I ditto-ed it. (Poke-Pun intended, this is why I have no friends) I deffo post more about hating everything though.

And you have a wedding to plan, you can't go anywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Nessa posted:

Isn't complaining about the weather par for the course in chat threads?

If it's not, I've been doing it wrong.

2-5 more inches coming another winter weather advisory storm watch warning uuuugh.

I don't move because my family is here :shobon: But this winter is seriously making me rethink things and consider less frozen options.

My recurring school dream is also that one about forgetting to attend a class for the entire semester then showing up for the exam. If I've ever had the cliche one about showing up naked to school, I either don't remember having it or didn't particularly care :v:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
It's not that it's a hug box (we disagree civilly) or that we don't want boys here (there are plenty who hang out and are cool). It's that we're not assholes and people like this thread because it's chill. SML is having a bad day, I think, and is taking it out on us. I don't really want to ban him because he's contributed a lot and has been cool, but SML why are you being mean to us we loved you?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

You mentioned getting a 3DS and pokemon and I ditto-ed it. (Poke-Pun intended, this is why I have no friends) I deffo post more about hating everything though.

And you have a wedding to plan, you can't go anywhere!

True true. We met with the marriage commissioner yesterday. He owns a cyber cafe downtown, just behind the comic book store. I had a Creme Brûlée milk steamer and it burned my tongue, but it was worth it.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Thora posted:

If it's not, I've been doing it wrong.

2-5 more inches coming another winter weather advisory storm watch warning uuuugh.

I don't move because my family is here :shobon: But this winter is seriously making me rethink things and consider less frozen options.

My recurring school dream is also that one about forgetting to attend a class for the entire semester then showing up for the exam. If I've ever had the cliche one about showing up naked to school, I either don't remember having it or didn't particularly care :v:

Yeah, I don't think I could bear to move away from my family and friends.

I would seriously consider moving to Drumheller when I am of retiring age though. They get milder winters there and it's where the dinosaur museum is. I know an old couple who lives there and their backyard opens out into the badlands. After a rain, they can go for a walk and pick up fossils.

That is totally how I would like to spend my last years.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I think an actual hug box would be terrifying IRL.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Power went out in my town :'(

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

The worst. Those hideous cuddle party things you see on TV but enclosed.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

detectivemonkey posted:

SML is having a bad day, I think, and is taking it out on us. I don't really want to ban him because he's contributed a lot and has been cool, but SML why are you being mean to us we loved you?

QFSO (quoted for same opinion) and I enjoy reading Spain stories.

I don't think this is a hugbox that needs to be busted up, but being a jerk for sake of jerkiness could be dialed back a tad. None of the regular guy posters, or even not-regular guy posters are doing it, and if they are, it's usually just popping in and yelling "PENIS", and then we never hear from them again.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

A box which hugs or a box in which you hug?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

GNU Order posted:

both?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Nessa posted:

After a rain, they can go for a walk and pick up fossils. That is totally how I would like to spend my last years.

I would love to have a proper fossil hunting vacation. I've been to Arkona, Ontario a couple of times for a day trip. I've found sections of horn coral (or some other kind of coral) almost the size of a soda can. I never found a full trilobite though, just a bunch of trilobutts. Something millions of years ago found the head half of a trilobite a delicacy and spit out the rest. There's all kinds of brachiopods and crinoid sections also.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I just hug a box. I guess I'm doing it wrong.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Everyone has forgotten about weighted companion cubes already?

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 4, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
iirc a hugbox is an actual invention patented for people with autism who like being squeezed but don't like physical contact with other humans, it's an enclosed person-sized chamber that they fit into and it compresses them equally from all sides

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

VanSandman posted:

watch a documentary about temple grandin, she was a pretty cool mild-sid-of-the-spectrum autist who invented them.

not making fun of temple grandin she is a p cool v smart lady

My son's occupational therapist has a squeeze box (like a hug box but less complicated), and I totally wish I could try it. My kid loves it, for sure.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

iirc a hugbox is an actual invention patented for people with autism who like being squeezed but don't like physical contact with other humans, it's an enclosed person-sized chamber that they fit into and it compresses them equally from all sides

Pretty much.
Some crazy autistic lady saw how we squeezed cows to make the calm before slaughter and decided she wanted to try it. She liked the squeeze and developed her own hug box to simulate love and caring without the actual people.

I just want normal hugs :smith:

Susan B. Antimony posted:

My son's occupational therapist has a squeeze box (like a hug box but less complicated), and I totally wish I could try it. My kid loves it, for sure.

You should ask.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

My immediate thought was a box full of people hugging. That makes more sense in the way SML was using it, in my brain.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

Avshalom posted:

I knew it! I knew a Thunder Shirt would work on autists!

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Al Borland posted:

You should ask.

The OT is kind of a bitch, or else I totally would.

This is the thing: http://www.autism-products.com/Autism_Steam_Roller_p/015695.htm

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oops, van sandman beat me to it

foiled again

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I could go for a hug right now tbvh.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I'm not the hugging type but I'll totally fistbump whoever needs it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

This is the thing: http://www.autism-products.com/Autism_Steam_Roller_p/015695.htm

Ah that sucks. No hugbox for you. Maybe she should use it more on herself though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cosby Onahole posted:

I could go for a hug right now tbvh.

Join the club. We can e-hug each other

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Thora posted:

I'm not the hugging type but I'll totally fistbump whoever needs it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'd hang out in this thing

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
temple grandin, a crazy autistic lady

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
This is super goony but I've always thought a weighted blanket sounds pretty cozy. It feels so nice to sleep under a bunch of layers in the winter that I could understand it.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

That is a pricey hug box

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

that's a weird looking sybian

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anne Whateley posted:

This is super goony but I've always thought a weighted blanket sounds pretty cozy. It feels so nice to sleep under a bunch of layers in the winter that I could understand it.

Yeah I like sleeping under lots of layers of covers. I also like to build a pillow fort in the winter and pretend I'm in an Igloo when I'm super bored. (I have / had a ton of pillows).

I also am a big cuddler in bed I need to wrap my arms around something in order to fall asleep person / pillow.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

Chiba City Blues posted:

that's a weird looking box hugger

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dark souls 2 looking good

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

glandmine posted: