Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

njsykora posted:

Gonna butt in again and say if you have an F4W sub you need to listen to this After Dark. The whole episode is one 110 minute interview and it's absolutely amazing. To the point where I'm bringing it up next time someone says Bryan's a bad interviewer.

Do people say he's a bad interviewer? I know his analysis and analogies and conversations with Dave can be stupid as hell sometimes, but I've never heard anything but praise for his interviewing and hosting skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Wrestle Podcaster Radios guys: Would would win a battle royale consisting of Big Daddy, Big Daddy V, Big Daddy Cool, Big Daddy Yum Yum, Big Poppa Pump, and the Godfather?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Space Cob posted:

Wrestle Podcaster Radios guys: Would would win a battle royale consisting of Big Daddy, Big Daddy V, Big Daddy Cool, Big Daddy Yum Yum, Big Poppa Pump, and the Godfather?

Big Daddy Cool. Unless it was WCW pre NWO then Big Daddy V.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Do people say he's a bad interviewer? I know his analysis and analogies and conversations with Dave can be stupid as hell sometimes, but I've never heard anything but praise for his interviewing and hosting skills

Compared to Konnan he doesn't press people as aggressively, but this interview was fantastic and everyone should listen to it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

Thats got to be a gimmie. He had one with a mask that kept falling off that he had to hold on with one hand the entire match.

Thats the Joker one right?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

njsykora posted:

Gonna butt in again and say if you have an F4W sub you need to listen to this After Dark. The whole episode is one 110 minute interview and it's absolutely amazing. To the point where I'm bringing it up next time someone says Bryan's a bad interviewer.

People say he's a bad interviewer? I think he's excellent. Not just in the field of wrestling / MMA (where only Ariel is better) but in general.

Anyway, I don't often bigger with After Dark but this was fascinating. 30 mins left to go and she really comes across as an extraordinary woman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I just finished listening and that was an amazing interview, thank you so much to everybody who gave the heads-up and provided the links.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

KungFu Grip posted:

Thats the Joker one right?

Mania 21 vs Eddie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Super Bowl calls on the Bryan and Vinny show. It's sports talk radio meets wrestling. It's really bad, not sure if that's a good thing either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Super Bowl calls on the Bryan and Vinny show. It's sports talk radio meets wrestling. It's really bad, not sure if that's a good thing either.

Wait... Vinny's talking about the Vinny V Sports Report... Did that come back? Is he doing it on that football site he writes for? I remember them trying it for like 3 weeks about 4 years ago, and it was a trainwreck, what would make you try again?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... Vinny's talking about the Vinny V Sports Report... Did that come back? Is he doing it on that football site he writes for? I remember them trying it for like 3 weeks about 4 years ago, and it was a trainwreck, what would make you try again?

It's going to be a special football-only thing whenever there's a major NFL thing. He did one just before the Superbowl and is going to be doing one for the Draft as well.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Dear Pisscast: please induct Rikidozan into your Pisscast Hall of Fame. Reasoning: died to piss (wrapped around a knife).

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Eight-Six posted:

Dear Pisscast: please induct Rikidozan into your Pisscast Hall of Fame. Reasoning: died to piss (wrapped around a knife).

We would, but I really doubt the pissknife story. I mean, piss is sterile.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

We would, but I really doubt the pissknife story. I mean, piss is sterile.

Urine is only sterile in the bladder, though. Once it leaves, it's like any other body waste.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dave & steve doing another show

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope they get Konnan and Austin together for a Death of WCW show.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
For Punch and Piss, what examples can you think of when a wrestler gets a new entrance theme that's worse than his previous one?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Draga posted:

For Punch and Piss, what examples can you think of when a wrestler gets a new entrance theme that's worse than his previous one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvwz41y7lE

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Draga posted:

Goldust/Cody remix managed to do it for two people!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Draga posted:

Drew McIntyre.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Draga posted:

I loved the original version of The Corre's theme, End of Days. I'm pretty sure the original was done by the vocalist Shaman's Harvest and had a really cool slow, mechanical pulse to the drums which I thought worked great with the base idea behind the group.

The second version just blew.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Draga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG9tdB__o8A

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Never the best, but always the fastest:

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-02-03-14/

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Just finished recording. RAW file is just under 2 hours. It'll be up hopefully sometime in the afternoon.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

Just finished recording. RAW file is just under 2 hours. It'll be up hopefully sometime in the afternoon.

Just upload it right now unedited.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jubs posted:

Just upload it right now unedited.

Oh god edit things.

In other news, I never know if the 10 count needs more questions, or whether there's a giant backlog of questions.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sunsweet posted:

Urine is only sterile in the bladder, though. Once it leaves, it's like any other body waste.

"like any other body waste" is a good way to describe the pisscast

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was an amazing Ernie Ladd story on the Observer Radio tonight :allears:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Wazzu posted:

In other news, I never know if the 10 count needs more questions, or whether there's a giant backlog of questions.

At this exact moment in time, the answer to this question is yes. We always want you to submit questions, but right now we've got about 20 unanswered queries and usually only go through a few per episode, so it would be a while before we got to any new ones.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Cardboard Box posted:

"like any other body waste" is a good way to describe the pisscast

Delicious like any other body waste, more like.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

There was an amazing Ernie Ladd story on the Observer Radio tonight :allears:

Haha yeah, I had this thought of them including that in the tribute montage.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What's the Ernie Ladd story?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

What's the Ernie Ladd story?

Ladd refused to ever job on TV, so when he saw cameras rolling in a match he was booked to lose in Florida he walked out in the middle of the match. This pissed off Graham who sent the Brisco brothers to kick his rear end. Ladd knocked them both out with a tire iron, threw them in the trunk of his car and drove to Graham's house where he dumped the bodies on the lawn.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Times were different.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"Oh good, Hulkamatt posted. The podcast must be up!" :argh:

I liked the combination of Dave's enthusiasm for the Ernie Ladd promo and outrage at Jim Crow. He is a passionate and fair man.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chikara (which my phone autocorrects to Cholera) is on full podcast blitz. Quack's on F4W today and Bryce Remsburg is on next week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really recommend this:
http://wrestlefolks.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/wrestlefolks-41-leonard-f-chikarason

CHIKARA talk starts 38:30 mark. Lots of insider notes and criticisms too.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST 10 COUNT: ;-)

Hello! 10 Count is back after 3 weeks!

This one was long and actually kinda drove me nuts to edit. Oh well. Here it is!

The Topics:

01.) RAW

02.) CM Punk is gone and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

03.) John Cena is HURT and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

04.) WWE Crowds and how wrestling makes no sense.

05.) (Announced as #6) From Blasmeister: Which celebrity would you book for a WrestleMania angle this year, and what would they do?

06.) From NienNunb: Book the saddest match you can think of.

07.) What are your favorite/least favorite gently caress finishes?

08.) Wrestler of the Week: Jerry Lynn

09.) From Good Listener: Where do you see the WWE landscape in five years? Who are the champions? Who's still around? Who's gone?

10.) From Wario Kart 64: Who do you want The Undertaker to face at WrestleMania 30?

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 5, 2014

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST 10 COUNT: ;-)

Hello! 10 Count is back after 3 weeks!

This one was long and actually kinda drove me nuts to edit. Oh well. Here it is!

The Topics:

01.) RAW

02.) CM Punk is gone and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

03.) John Cena is HURT and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

04.) WWE Crowds and how wrestling makes no sense.

05.) (Announced as #6) From Blasmeister: Which celebrity would you book for a WrestleMania angle this year, and what would they do?

06.) From NienNunb: Book the saddest match you can think of.

07.) What are your favorite/least favorite gently caress finishes?

08.) Wrestler of the Week: Jerry Lynn

09.) From Good Listener: Where do you see the WWE landscape in five years? Who are the champions? Who's still around? Who's gone?

10.) From Wario Kart 64: Who do you want The Undertaker to face at WrestleMania 30?

Where's the book review?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jubs posted:

Where's the book review?

In a future episode.

• Locked thread