Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would watch a movie with the Batmandarin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SirDan3k posted:

They probably are going to use it in the agents of shield show since the lack of another Iron Man means the Ten Rings can fill the evil spies role and have a bit of name recognition.
Or maybe the Defenders Netflix series that's being planned.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Electromax posted:

So say Killian took the name from a real guy he heard of, then gave it to his actor for theatrics. Treat Mandarin as title of the leader of Ten Rings or something, not any specific person.

He must have got caught up in the moment when the climactic moments of the film having him shout "I am the Mandarin, I always have been".

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Metal Loaf posted:

Just wait; any day now they'll announce that Ben Affleck will also be playing the Mandarin.

Yeah, but he'll be playing the Mandarin in the Superman/Batman movie.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Waterhaul posted:

He must have got caught up in the moment when the climactic moments of the film having him shout "I am the Mandarin, I always have been".

Maybe he just thought he was the guy running the show Dun, Dun, Duunnnnn! Plot twist.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Uh...well... he got brain-damaged and Extremis just hadn't healed it yet. Yeah!

Because I was curious of the exact words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv2bGsdizhM

poo poo, I'm right, aren't I?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

Just wait; any day now they'll announce that Ben Affleck will also be playing the Mandarin.
Jesse Eisenberg would be even better.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Keanu Reeves for the Mandarin. You all know you want it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The correct answer is Nic Cage. The correct answer is always Nic Cage.

(or Idris Elba)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Uh...well... he got brain-damaged and Extremis just hadn't healed it yet. Yeah!

Because I was curious of the exact words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv2bGsdizhM

poo poo, I'm right, aren't I?

The original script was:
code:
Tony: Oh hey, you've turned all orange
Killian: Oh no, I'm a mandarine!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guess we can settle this argument with this:

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/02/video-marvel-one-shot-all-hail-king-is.html

One-shot is out, watch it while you can.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
That was cute little bit of fluff that doesn't detract from IM3.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
The point of that seemed to be to showcase Ben Kingsly's comedic chops more than anything. I think it's fairly innocuous and meant more to be cute than to be some kind of serious retcon. If they really wanted to retcon something they would have put it in something far more canonical than this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

The correct answer is Nic Cage. The correct answer is always Nic Cage.

(or Idris Elba)

Gina Carano or bust :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Gina Carano or bust :v:

She was just on this week's episode of Almost Human, as a robot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

They probably are going to use it in the agents of shield show since the lack of another Iron Man means the Ten Rings can fill the evil spies role and have a bit of name recognition.

I doubt this simply because it makes sense and would be mildly interesting, and Agents of SHIELD seems to be allergic to interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

She was just on this week's episode of Almost Human, as a robot.

She was believable.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Other than Almost Human, who is Gina Carano, and why do nerds love her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was a UFC fighter.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's also very pretty and resembles the blueprint for most brunette superheroes (re: the way they give all superheroines the same body/face type), so nerds think she'd be perfect for the part because looking like the part = being perfect for the part in the minds of too many nerds.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ok, well then, I thought she did well in AH. She was pretty much a Terminator in all but name.

Time will tell if she can do the whole 'acting' thing, but she wasn't eyerolling bad or anything.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

She's also very pretty and resembles the blueprint for most brunette superheroes (re: the way they give all superheroines the same body/face type), so nerds think she'd be perfect for the part because looking like the part = being perfect for the part in the minds of too many nerds.

If only she had Arnold's charisma then she could at least be entertaining to watch.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Error 404 posted:

Time will tell if she can do the whole 'acting' thing

Time has told that she can't.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I haven't seen her in anything but the unanimous consent I've seen so far is that no, she cannot act for poo poo.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Whizbang posted:

Time has told that she can't.

Ok.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

She was OK in Haywire.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've only seen her in Haywire and that Almost Human episode, and she was fine in both. Not anything remarkable outside of her fighting prowess, but she's not bad. I'm not sure people get to act all high and mighty about Gal Gadot whose most notable role was in the loving Fast & Furious films.

(Not that I want Gina Carano to play WW. I don't give a poo poo)

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 5, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Error 404 posted:

Other than Almost Human, who is Gina Carano, and why do nerds love her?

It's mostly because they can't think of/bother to look up any other muscular actresses to suggest for these roles

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Error 404 posted:

Ok, well then, I thought she did well in AH. She was pretty much a Terminator in all but name.

Time will tell if she can do the whole 'acting' thing, but she wasn't eyerolling bad or anything.

She's not a terrible actress but she can be incredibly wooden. Although there have been plenty of male action stars who are worse actors.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

She was also an American Gladiator

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I guess we can settle this argument with this:

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/02/video-marvel-one-shot-all-hail-king-is.html

One-shot is out, watch it while you can.

My only problem with this is my pet theory on what they'd do with Mandarin is have Trevor come back and re-assume the role, perhaps with the suggestion that he'd been the real mastermind all along playing the other guys for chumps.

Though I guess this doesn't entirely remove that, and it'd be kind of funny for him to accidentally off the Mandarin and then just take over the role because someone has to. Of course, I really doubt we'll see the character(s) again so it's a moot point.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So, I would like to see Ironman fight a dude who has rings that give him super powers that let him shoot fire and black light. (Particularly after reading Gilleon's recent run on IM.) and if said dude is played by an Asian actor, all the better.
How much of a monster does this make me in BSS's eyes?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh I get it, because you described non-racist attributes and then framed a question as though BSS' problem with the Mandarin were related to said attributes. You're clever.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The Question IRL posted:

So, I would like to see Ironman fight a dude who has rings that give him super powers that let him shoot fire and black light. (Particularly after reading Gilleon's recent run on IM.) and if said dude is played by an Asian actor, all the better.

I would never call you a monster. My insane need for political correctness would never let me refer to someone who is mentally handicapped in such a way.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Question IRL posted:

You wouldn't be a monster? But obviously they'd have to call the character a different name since the Mandarin has already appeared on film.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

mind the walrus posted:

Oh I get it, because you described non-racist attributes and then framed a question as though BSS' problem with the Mandarin were related to said attributes. You're clever.

At the moment BSS's problem seems to be that the Ben Kingsly character was such a perfect twist on expectations that the plot should just end there. That going any further, like this one shot tries to, ruins all of Ironman 3.
I just want another superhero/ super villain fight.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Uh, I don't know anyone has said that. At most there's been the opinion that bringing a "real" Mandarin into things seems to be more fanboy-placation than anything, especially when there seems to be no indication it'll ever be followed up on, which I happen to agree with.

I'm not against Iron Man fighting an Asian dude with magic alien rings, I guess. I mean I don't really want to see it because I think the alien rings are kind-of stupid and don't think they're suited to Iron Man of all heroes, but I imagine no one here is against that idea in a vacuum.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

The Question IRL posted:

Not as much as the time you wanted Spider-Woman to have to power to grow a penis, I'd bet. You're just being kind of obtuse and reductive this time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Uh Ultimate Spider-Woman or 616 Spider-Woman? Not that it makes that much difference in the end, that's a weird loving opinion. Like what's the reasoning there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

mind the walrus posted:

I haven't seen her in anything but the unanimous consent I've seen so far is that no, she cannot act for poo poo.

Yo, I watched that Pain and Game movie everyone said was great and it blew fuckin' chunks so here we are in the land of unanimous consent where up is down and black is white.

• Locked thread