Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ouch, that Woody Allen joke...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nick Thune is the best.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Full Metal Jackoff

Arden should be rewarded 500 points for that!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That Joe Namath coat is still amazing

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Wow, I'm learning all new things to go :psyduck: at on the internet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Arden is so amazing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Arden is killing it in this category.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Arden is so amazing

Is it me or does it seems like she is tweaking big time?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Is it me or does it seems like she is tweaking big time?

she's always like that but she could very well always be tweaking so I don't know

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

MOLESTO THE CLOWN

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahaha I am dying over Molesto the Clown

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Clearly we need Arden Myrin, Ron Funches, and Doug Benson in an Ultimate Internet Highlander episode.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahaha Nick Thune is killing the parent texts

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hhahaha holy poo poo that last one.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahahaha Nick Thune is killing the parent texts

Fuckin' Gex ain't doing so bad either.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Hardwick had drat well better be wearing that sweater when they get back from commercials.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The live question scoring bothers me because if you win that one, it's basically a ticket to the end.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

404GoonNotFound posted:

Hardwick had drat well better be wearing that sweater when they get back from commercials.

He is :3:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He fuckin got the sweater.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Best Episode confirmed!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

both of those answers were great.

that was a fantastic episode

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, Dana Gould chewing on the sweater

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

All I know Dana Gould for was for being the voice of Gex in the Gex Gecko games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Totally missed there was a thread for this, but I stumbled upon this show by accident just after it premiered. Seeing as it was "At Midnight" with a guy standing at a podium, it almost looked like a Daily Show news cut-in. I quickly realized it wasn't.

This show is incredible and I'm loving the fact that it's such a seemingly simple concept (Tosh.0 the game show) that kicks rear end.

The OP talked about Hardwick being hateable for his omnipresence. Is he like Ryan Seacrest in that he turns up loving everywhere to the point of annoyance? I'd never heard of him before @Midnight, but I guess he does a Walking Dead recap show as well?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, and if you've watched Breaking Bad or Walking Dead live or on DVR within the past few years, he's most known to you as that guy who comes on right after a quiet scene and goes really loving loud "WOW WASNT THAT COOL HEY EVERYONE IM CHRIS HARDWICK COME WATCH TALKING DEAD AFTER THIS IS OVER" and you just want to punch him for ruining the moment.

It's not his fault, really, AMC should know better than to do that, but that's a good chunk of why people get sick of him.

He's legitimately a great television host, which sounds like damning with faint praise, but it's a title few people can claim these days.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

CBJSprague24 posted:

The OP talked about Hardwick being hateable for his omnipresence. Is he like Ryan Seacrest in that he turns up loving everywhere to the point of annoyance? I'd never heard of him before @Midnight, but I guess he does a Walking Dead recap show as well?
Goons just hate everyone. You get used to it.

Hardwick has a long-running podcast called "Nerdist", which typically has really interesting guests. He seems like a really genuine guy who is legit excited about geeky things.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They think Hardwick is too handsome and young-looking to be a nerd, to boot, in spite of actual cred. The Nerdist Podcast is pretty awesome if for no other reason than the guests that you would never imagine they could get on a podcast-- Tom Hanks, Mel Brooks, Christopher Lloyd, Harrison Ford, poo poo like that. Also, that burn on Jeselnik Offensive by Nick Thune won me over immediately for him, I've gotta check out the rest of his stand-up and the like, haha. The last two episodes have been absolutely fantastic. I don't go out of my way to listen to Doug Benson or his podcasts, but he and this show are loving terrific together!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not a bad host but he's an awful comedian.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Aphrodite posted:

He's not a bad host but he's an awful comedian.

I dunno, his most recent special was pretty good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a newer one than Mandroid? Because that's the worst special I've ever seen.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Mandroid's album had a ton of unaired stuff that was his earlier material. I didn't like the (aired) special that much, either, but I still think he's one of my favorite comedians. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzQbBhF714 Try to not laugh at this stuff, especially the 9/11 of corn.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hardwick really does shine when he's just hosting a show and letting nerdy celebs nerd out about things. Its really funny seeing someone who is really famous go "Omg Its Matt Smith!!!!!".

Nerdist is great, but I just listen to episodes that interview people I'm interested in. Michael Dorn's was great, and so was Gabe's.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Apoplexy posted:

They think Hardwick is too handsome and young-looking to be a nerd, to boot, in spite of actual cred.

There is not a single person in the entire loving world whose problem with Chris Hardwick is that he's a "fake nerd" because he's attractive, and I really wish you'd stop making this poo poo up every time the topic resurfaces. there's an interesting parallel with the ongoing question of "fake gamer girls" but that's not really germane to this thread

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

This is actually the first thing I've found Chris Hardwick to be tolerable in, I dislike him for a couple reason one of which being that he likes everything regardless of quality and is the type of nerd who gets into stuff because of how nerdy it is. He's also prone to reference humor and honestly comes off like a sellout sometimes. This is also the funniest I've ever seen him, he's an alright host with solid connections though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Most of the people who aggressively hate Chris Hardwick do so because they want his life.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He was a tool on Singled Out, so it's not something new.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

sportsgenius86 posted:

Most of the people who aggressively hate Chris Hardwick do so because they want his life.

Again, not true at all.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike the guy. He's a careerist TV host who's hosted many bad shows, and some of those shows have the misfortune of being right after well-liked ones. He's a "comedian" who, in my personal opinion, has earned those clearly sarcastic quotes by not actually being funny - I thought his special was terrible and almost always find him to be the least funny person in whatever he's doing. He's a nerd who seems "phony" to some people (this isn't an opinion I share but I read it on the internet).

It's possible to have a dissenting opinion without being jealous or whatever. I just don't think he's funny, I don't think his other shows are anything but an appalling waste of space and time, and I still find myself liking this show (and All-Star Celebrity Bowling) despite the fact that he's on it. That's not some sort of outlandish position, and it's hardly jealousy.

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 6, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I'm an unapologetic Hardwick fangirl. :allears: He's nerd-dreamy.

That was a great episode. Also Grace Helbig is going to be on an episode with Hannah Hart later this month. It would be amazing if the third guest was Mamrie Hart.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Tupping Liberty posted:

That was a great episode. Also Grace Helbig is going to be on an episode with Hannah Hart later this month. It would be amazing if the third guest was Mamrie Hart.

It'll be Wheezy Waiter in a blonde wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

amaranthine posted:

Again, not true at all.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike the guy. He's a careerist TV host who's hosted many bad shows, and some of those shows have the misfortune of being right after well-liked ones. He's a "comedian" who, in my personal opinion, has earned those clearly sarcastic quotes by not actually being funny - I thought his special was terrible and almost always find him to be the least funny person in whatever he's doing. He's a nerd who seems "phony" to some people (this isn't an opinion I share but I read it on the internet).

It's possible to have a dissenting opinion without being jealous or whatever. I just don't think he's funny, I don't think his other shows are anything but an appalling waste of space and time, and I still find myself liking this show (and All-Star Celebrity Bowling) despite the fact that he's on it. That's not some sort of outlandish position, and it's hardly jealousy.

We get it

• Locked thread