Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Saddest match I can think of is Kurt Angle vs sobriety

Also I would pay 60 dollars to watch RHCP fight Faith No More at Wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

In a future episode.

You're bordering on REVIEW WCW THUNDER territory.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

HulkaMatt posted:

In a future episode.

You're never going to finish reviewing that loving book. :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 23: Inter-Testicular Fortitude

Raw, beef, questions, A Steel Hell, TNA, the return of the hall of fame and our signature games, other poo poo, extended periods of complete silence, wrestler kids, wrestling moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvhQZh0yuI

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xarv8s0av1ssycv/023+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Thanks for stopping by, Beef Jerky Robot!

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 5, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I am sorry for calling in from beneath the sea.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

HulkaMatt posted:

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST 10 COUNT: ;-)

Hello! 10 Count is back after 3 weeks!

This one was long and actually kinda drove me nuts to edit. Oh well. Here it is!

The Topics:

01.) RAW

02.) CM Punk is gone and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

03.) John Cena is HURT and THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

04.) WWE Crowds and how wrestling makes no sense.

05.) (Announced as #6) From Blasmeister: Which celebrity would you book for a WrestleMania angle this year, and what would they do?

06.) From NienNunb: Book the saddest match you can think of.

07.) What are your favorite/least favorite gently caress finishes?

08.) Wrestler of the Week: Jerry Lynn

09.) From Good Listener: Where do you see the WWE landscape in five years? Who are the champions? Who's still around? Who's gone?

10.) From Wario Kart 64: Who do you want The Undertaker to face at WrestleMania 30?

I think this is a really fun show you fellows. I listen all the time but do not show my punchsport love enough. So here you go, a big yaaay~~ :3:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Quack's voice is the default voice I hear when I read posts from goons

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan and Craig's burial of Ziggler was amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan and Craig's burial of Ziggler was amazing.

On the other hand, Bryan's rant about how Ziggler and Punk should be good boys and do as they're told is insane. Yes, that gets you a push IF you already have the look. Otherwise, you have to fight and claw to get WWE to admit you're over. If you really just sit and do what you're asked, at best, you're Mark Henry, spending 12 years getting humiliated until Vince gets bored and decides to treat you seriously.

If he thinks Ziggler's a lovely worker, fine. If you think the quasi-'shoot' aspect of the promo is dumb, great. If you think the promo itself was awful, hey, go for it. But burying a guy for A: believing he's the best, which is pretty much mandatory unless your goal is 'opening match job guy' and B:saying so when the company itself always says you need to get yourself over and speak up is maddening. Especially because they'd ALSO bury him if he did a promo talking about how he's not that good, he doesn't listen and he's dumb.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"All women are hideous most especially our listeners" - Kungfu Grip

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

"All women are hideous most especially our listeners" - Kungfu Grip

This is why I cursed you today, for misquoting me like this.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan was on fire last night. I died when he backtracked to the high fabric costs of Barrett's expensive podium dressed up scissor lift.

The Punk rant was dumb because he is in a position where walking out and returning could be a good career move.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Adding Craig to the show definitely made the show more fun. I'm glad it's a biweekly occurrence now.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Chavo is on Jericho's podcast. He's telling the entire story of how he found Eddie dead. It's pretty hard to listen to.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any good but?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

CVagts posted:

Adding Craig to the show definitely made the show more fun. I'm glad it's a biweekly occurrence now.

It's one of the things I miss from the older shows. They'd go over to one of their friends' house to watch the shows, and then they'd invite them on the radio show after. It was nice have different perspectives, and it lead to some good times like whenever they went to Brent Kremen's apartment for TNA PPVs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meat Recital posted:

It's one of the things I miss from the older shows. They'd go over to one of their friends' house to watch the shows, and then they'd invite them on the radio show after. It was nice have different perspectives, and it lead to some good times like whenever they went to Brent Kremen's apartment for TNA PPVs.

Brent's apartment isn't actually the underside of Bryan's desk.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 23: Inter-Testicular Fortitude

Raw, beef, questions, A Steel Hell, TNA, the return of the hall of fame and our signature games, other poo poo, extended periods of complete silence, wrestler kids, wrestling moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvhQZh0yuI

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xarv8s0av1ssycv/023+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Thanks for stopping by, Beef Jerky Robot!

That Daniel Benoit joke :stare:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

That Daniel Benoit joke :stare:

be more specific

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

be more specific

"They're both buried", but dammit they were all gold.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

NienNunb posted:

"They're both buried", but dammit they were all gold.

That one was a little much, sorry about that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, Bryan's rant about how Ziggler and Punk should be good boys and do as they're told is insane. Yes, that gets you a push IF you already have the look. Otherwise, you have to fight and claw to get WWE to admit you're over. If you really just sit and do what you're asked, at best, you're Mark Henry, spending 12 years getting humiliated until Vince gets bored and decides to treat you seriously.

If he thinks Ziggler's a lovely worker, fine. If you think the quasi-'shoot' aspect of the promo is dumb, great. If you think the promo itself was awful, hey, go for it. But burying a guy for A: believing he's the best, which is pretty much mandatory unless your goal is 'opening match job guy' and B:saying so when the company itself always says you need to get yourself over and speak up is maddening. Especially because they'd ALSO bury him if he did a promo talking about how he's not that good, he doesn't listen and he's dumb.

If you don't like what it takes to get ahead in the company, quit. Punk did, great. Ziggler just keeps doing things the way they don't want, and as all three of them pointed out does poo poo like his corner punches that actively hurt his chances to get over. WWE doesn't push him because they think he doesn't do things correctly. That's their prerogative.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The rant about Undertaker's weird biker promo on the new Attitude Era podcast is amazing.

"THAT WAS SO BORING IT GAVE ME A BONER!"

Though, good god, that *is* one of the weirdest promos I've ever heard. What was even the point? Was he trying to say Big Show was tough?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Always knew it as a guilty pleasure promo personally. Ultimate Warrior-type stuff.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"I've known you since high school, Bryan, and I am still flabbergasted that you managed to make the Super Bowl all about you"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave :spergin: about the WWE timer. Amazing.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That one was a little much, sorry about that.

Never apologize for your art, Manflurry.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Can I just say thanks to sirs Manflurry, Karmine and Oatgan for the weekly pisscast. It makes the interminable drive to work that much better.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you're not yet sick of hearing Mike Quackenbush on podcasts, he's on Art of Wrestling this week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

njsykora posted:

If you're not yet sick of hearing Mike Quackenbush on podcasts, he's on Art of Wrestling this week.

Does he talk about how he created tag team wrestling?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Endorph posted:

The rant about Undertaker's weird biker promo on the new Attitude Era podcast is amazing.

"THAT WAS SO BORING IT GAVE ME A BONER!"

Though, good god, that *is* one of the weirdest promos I've ever heard. What was even the point? Was he trying to say Big Show was tough?

I need to use that phrase sometime, that's so brilliant

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

njsykora posted:

Oh that oughta be interesting. More so than when he's on any other podcast anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Observer interview was hilarious because the guy really thinks he's doing God's work or something. It's hilariously out of touch.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Observer interview was hilarious because the guy really thinks he's doing God's work or something. It's hilariously out of touch.

Run it down, dude.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Podcasters: Given the level of respect he commands in the locker room, could the Undertaker's Wrestlemania legacy have been successfully established if he had remained Biker-taker? Does the Streak stay intact? Could the matches with Shawn Michaels have still been classics without the Heaven and Hell dynamics.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just listened to the Art of Wrestling interview and its the first one I've listened to, but I can't see any reason any fair person would get upset at him. He doesn't call himself a visionary or the Chikara stuff great. He just says its something he thinks is different and worth trying, even if its maybe a bad financial idea and might not work. People who enjoy it should and people who don't don't have to. Colt goes on about trolls and how he just wonders if they're making themselves feel better by dragging someone else down. He thinks wrestlers from the past should be respected but that doesn't make their way the only way. He says there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular or what works but there's nothing wrong with liking something "weird." He flat out calls his product "weird" and "wacky" and for a niche audience. And he wants to "preserve the mystique" and not tell the "magician's secrets."

I don't know if he says worse stuff elsewhere but he didn't say anything bothersome here as far as I'm concerned. It honestly made me like the guy a lot more.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I just listened to the Art of Wrestling interview and its the first one I've listened to, but I can't see any reason any fair person would get upset at him. He doesn't call himself a visionary or the Chikara stuff great. He just says its something he thinks is different and worth trying, even if its maybe a bad financial idea and might not work. People who enjoy it should and people who don't don't have to. Colt goes on about trolls and how he just wonders if they're making themselves feel better by dragging someone else down. He thinks wrestlers from the past should be respected but that doesn't make their way the only way. He says there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular or what works but there's nothing wrong with liking something "weird." He flat out calls his product "weird" and "wacky" and for a niche audience. And he wants to "preserve the mystique" and not tell the "magician's secrets."

I don't know if he says worse stuff elsewhere but he didn't say anything bothersome here as far as I'm concerned. It honestly made me like the guy a lot more.

He's really bad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

He's really bad

It's an outrage that Shawn Michaels finished higher than him in the balloting for Best Technical Wrestler.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That Over the Edge 99 discussion on the Todd show suuuuucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Batista posted:

That Over the Edge 99 discussion on the Todd show suuuuucked.

Batista posted:

discussion suuuuucked.

Batista posted:

Todd show

• Locked thread