Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Soulex posted:

She did. Actually she wore contacts downrange despite being told not to.

Why shouldn't you wear contacts? Curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Affi posted:

Because inserts make you look cool.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They can melt to your eyes and blind you.

Albeit thats an extreme example.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
That and you're dirty 24/7, and jamming dirty contacts into your eyes with your grubby fingers gives you ocular aids.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Plus all the sand.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Affi posted:

Deployed to a sandy environment and stuff. I'm unsure if you've ever put a dirty contact in but it can do some pretty bad stuff to your eyes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The DOD has posters of all kinds of nasty poo poo that can happen to your eyes with unclean contacts.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

The DOD has posters of all kinds of nasty poo poo that can happen to your eyes with unclean contacts.

Yeah, modern safety poo poo sucks compared to the poo poo they had in the 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3AJ9xPSWE

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Casimir Radon posted:

The dude I saw in Iraq who got battery acid in his eyes while he wore contacts has pretty much made me a glasses-wearer for life.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

The dude I saw in Iraq who got battery acid in his eyes while he wore contacts has pretty much made me a glasses-wearer for life.
I got PRK a couple years ago, well worth it.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Alkaline injuries, including a lot of battery-related ones, are almost always worse than acid injuries for various reasons.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Derek Dominoe posted:

Alkaline injuries, including a lot of battery-related ones, are almost always worse than acid injuries for various reasons.

Go on.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Called out on my bathroom post.

If you really want the academic side, I'll post more whenever I get done with work.

Until then, there's this:

:nms:click

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Cheers to that. I love describing the whole process to people. It sounds loving barbaric.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Casimir Radon posted:

I would love to get one, but according to my most recent eye doc I have flattened corneas, so the surgery would be both extremely risky and unlikely to provide long-term benefit. So, I'm stuck with this crap until better eye adjustment techniques get developed.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'd love to get my eyes lasered except they correct to 20/12 with glasses as of my last vision exam a few weeks ago. It seems like it might be irritating to only get 20/20 or something with PRK or LASIK even though I guess it's probably likely I'd have 20/15 or better.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I figure I'll regale you with some stories about the guy who owns the cat.

He's 27 and managed to walk into a GS-11 job probably about 6 years ago. That's really excellent money for someone that age. however he's almost always broke. He managed to hold it together long enough to have his house built but that was it, he manages to live outside his means somehow and that makes him reliant on the rent he collects from his crazy friends.

Last year I went to state public safety convention with him which lasted a couple of days. He went to some nerd/gaming/comic book store and bought a huge bag of poo poo which I didn't think that much of at the time. Until the day we left when it turned out he didn't have enough money to buy lunch with (Meals were provided at the convention).

I also got to observe his sleeping habits, or lack thereof. He'll stay up til the early morning playing video games, sleep a couple of hours, and then grind through the day with energy drinks. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he's been like this for all of the 6 years I've known him and doesn't seem to be changing. Sooner or later this is going to bite him in the rear end, he already gets really sick pretty often.

DoktorLoken posted:

I'd love to get my eyes lasered except they correct to 20/12 with glasses as of my last vision exam a few weeks ago. It seems like it might be irritating to only get 20/20 or something with PRK or LASIK even though I guess it's probably likely I'd have 20/15 or better.
Not wearing glasses is really worth losing a tiny bit of clarity in my opinion.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

I figure I'll regale you with some stories about the guy who owns the cat.

He's 27 and managed to walk into a GS-11 job probably about 6 years ago. That's really excellent money for someone that age. however he's almost always broke. He managed to hold it together long enough to have his house built but that was it, he manages to live outside his means somehow and that makes him reliant on the rent he collects from his crazy friends.

Last year I went to state public safety convention with him which lasted a couple of days. He went to some nerd/gaming/comic book store and bought a huge bag of poo poo which I didn't think that much of at the time. Until the day we left when it turned out he didn't have enough money to buy lunch with (Meals were provided at the convention).

I also got to observe his sleeping habits, or lack thereof. He'll stay up til the early morning playing video games, sleep a couple of hours, and then grind through the day with energy drinks. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he's been like this for all of the 6 years I've known him and doesn't seem to be changing. Sooner or later this is going to bite him in the rear end, he already gets really sick pretty often.

Not wearing glasses is really worth losing a tiny bit of clarity in my opinion.

Sounds like he'll eventually lose his security clearance for financial instability.

I got my eyes done in the Navy in '06 right before I got out. Best thing ever not wearing glasses. Especially if you like doing things that make you sweat, swimming, lap dances in fun Portland clubs, etc.
Went from 20/60 to 20/15 ish. Was like 20/10 first few months. Healed/settled at the 20/15 level.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Chiming in to say I went to about 20/10 20/15 after it was all said and done. Bein able to wear Normal loving sunglasses is worth it already. Same with snowsports, swimming, sports and the range.

Id do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. Even if the week after was pure loving agony. Apparently I was the only one who needed the emergency drops and on my Day 1 check up I was so sensitive to bright lights that I had to have my eyes literally pried open so they could shine a light in them. Which caused me to puke in my lap. The commander of the hospital saw my wife pushing me around in a wheelchair with my head cradles and vomit over me and he came up to make sure I was being taken care of, which was nice. He let us take the wheelchair to our car.

The doc says there is always one in the group that gets ill. I was that one. Everyone else was chipper as gently caress.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
i'm 20/400

i hate you all

the days that i choose to wear glasses over contacts are almost always sunny and, since idgaf normally my piece of poo poo car lacks sun visors, it is sunny as gently caress

tldr: i hate u

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i hate you all

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Lightweight.

:(

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i'm 20/400

i hate you all

the days that i choose to wear glasses over contacts are almost always sunny and, since idgaf normally my piece of poo poo car lacks sun visors, it is sunny as gently caress

tldr: i hate u

I paid for prk 100% out of pocket and I went from 20/400 with astigmatism to 20/15 ???? So u can do it too....

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i'm 20/400

i hate you all

look at this molerat mother fucker right here

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
he can still see you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Its bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
20/15. Natural. :hehe:

(But I might be on the road to glaucoma.) :2bong:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
20/600+ in my bad eye.

Docs were in shock that it's correctable to 20/20 with contacts/glasses.

Needless to say, that "low profile" plexi-poo poo is still drat near 3/4s of an inch thick at the lens edges

think my bcgs weighed two pounds

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
My googly eyes don't point in the same direction. Generally not an issue except I get wicked double vision looking at closely spaced lines. Ask me about answering high bells with all-analog reactor dials

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Hahaha

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always

Snowdens Secret posted:

My googly eyes don't point in the same direction. Generally not an issue except I get wicked double vision looking at closely spaced lines. Ask me about answering high bells with all-analog reactor dials

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What hump?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

His lovely lady lumps.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

:nws:Another really messed up AFCCA case

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Very early on I knew this was going to be a good read:

quote:

Some of the items SrA DJ inserted into her vagina
were worms, goldfish, a hermit crab, and tree branches.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

quote:

We are cognizant of the fact that sexual acts some individuals might find offensive and repugnant are still protected in the privacy of one’s bedroom. Nonetheless, there are limits to that protection. Wherever that line might fall, the insertion of living animals into the female sex organ clearly falls outside of that protection.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Led Zeppelin would be proud.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of those items was a sea anemone. :barf:

EDIT: Sorry for kinkshaming No I'm not

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 7, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What the gently caress, was the dude Aquaman or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

One of those items was a sea anemone. :barf:

EDIT: Sorry for kinkshaming No I'm not

quote:

The appellant attempted to insert the sea anemone into SrA DJ’s vagina, but had to stop when the animal stung her with its tentacles.

quote:

the acts were unhygienic and degrading.

:stonklol: