Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Some people even take out the skald and run 3 healers, 1 shaman, 3 savages, and 1 zerker. Zerker is there for the back style snare and added burst. Healers and shaman have to peel for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I know Skald is there for speed 5 mostly, but I would never leave them out of my group. They have some decent on-demand burst which they can pop on critical targets.
They lack the quality of other realm's Musicians though.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I'd be interested in joining. Savage here.

I have been wanting to get back into 8v8 again. Get kind of frustrated running PvDoors and then each group I run with wanting to jump onto a zerg. So I usually end up soloing (which, for some reason, no one wants to let you do either. hah).

Sooo, yea. Sersly in game. Try to be on tonight.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I'm down on any of my characters. Zerk/Warr/Savage. I/we need to do some serious farming. Also I'm seriously considering splintering in to a goon guild. We have enough.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Kudosx posted:

Would any of you be interested in joining an 8 man rvr group?

So far I think we've got a skald, aug healer, RM, and savage. We could use another healer, or two, and a shaman. We've also got room for another DPS or two.

You can message me on here if you're interested, or on Kudos or Kudoss in game.

If we're able to run 3 healers, we'll probably have the RM go Supp for PBT, and we'll just survive forever.

Are you guys looking for people who are ready to go right now? I made a pac healer but I still need my last few levels and gear. When do you guys play?

I want to 8 man again so badly but I feel like I might not play enough to do anything other than pick ups.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Yeah I can roll 8 man as well. I got a shammy and a savage.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I assume all of you talking 8 man are already 50? Or are you still leveling here and there?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
PriNGLeS, Kejek, and myself are all 50. I have no idea who Kudosx is but I assume he is 50 as well.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

My brother and I (the 50 BD duo in Buris Kinder) are looking for a good 8-man group. We're somewhat new to daoc but have a lot of experience PvPing in other games so we shouldn't have a problem picking everything up. We also have 50 Shaman/Skald and are working on Savage/Healer that should be 50 within a day or two. I would love to break off into another guild. We've been looking at other guilds to see if anything is promising but haven't jumped ship yet. Boston is a loving moron and I always regret doing RvR/PvE raids with him since he wastes so much time doing stupid poo poo.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
FYI:

Mythic founder starts new studio, takes over/restarts development for DAoC and UO.

quote:

The Next Chapter for Dark Age of Camelot
Friends and realm-mates,

For more than twelve years Mythic Entertainment’s flagship game: Dark Age of Camelot™ has been remarkably successful. Since its launch in 2001, DAoC forever changed the MMO genre.

Inspiring thousands of gamers and game developers alike, it paved the way for a generation of MMOs to follow. Through the years, Camelot has also seen its share of rough times - but thanks to its many loyal fans and its wonderful and dedicated community, Dark Age of Camelot has proven to be a true survivor. In recent months, Mythic’s leadership began discussing the question of Camelot’s future. Councils were convened, options were discussed - and finally, a decision was made regarding the best possible future for Dark Age of Camelot.

I write to you now with news of the exciting next chapter in the life and history of our beloved game:

Mythic Entertainment co-founder Rob Denton and a number of Mythic veterans (including two members of Camelot’s original team!) have formed a new game studio - Broadsword Online Games (http://www.broadsword.com)!

Broadsword Online Games will partner with EA’s Mythic Entertainment to operate, support and develop Dark Age of Camelot on EA’s behalf. Electronic Arts will continue to provide billing and account services through its Origin™ portal. Broadsword and Electronic Arts will work closely together to ensure a bright future for Dark Age of Camelot. For future inquiries and support, you can contact daoc@broadsword.com.

There are sure to be many questions, and we will certainly be providing more information very soon. But for now please join us in celebrating this momentous event and spread the word that the Broadsword team will guide Dark Age of Camelot into the future with renewed dedication and the utmost respect and dedication.

Faithfully yours,

Talal Saad
Producer
Dark Age of Camelot

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I'm sure the first and most common question they will get is "Will they start the Origins server project back up".

Could be interesting, especially how they have seen Genesis being so successful (maybe thats why it was also requested to have Origins changed to Genesis?). Meh, all just speculation until we actually hear something.

Honestly, I would probably pay a monthly sub again to play an official Classic/SI only server (with Old RAs, and some needed balancing/tweaks of course, or just a reversion to a patch like 1.62).

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

As far as a new guild goes, I ended up in Nisse with a group of guys that were all playing together just starting out like I was. We were all the same level, they invited me to teamspeak, and we've been leveling as more or less a group for the last couple of days. My RM is 31 now and most everyone else is in that range. I helped them start their guild last night, Legion of Corruption (I think?). Seems like they play a lot of games together.

So, maybe another pool of people to pull from if a goon guild gets off the ground, or partner up with. Most of them seem reasonably flexible on what they play. They have a warrior, skald, one or two SMs, couple healers, shaman, savage that I can think of right now.

edit: And yeah I'd pay a monthly fee for what Genesis is except with all the bugs worked out, server uptime, etc. An official classic/SI server would be great.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Evernoob posted:

Actually from 10 years ago I remember a 3-Healer group to be the terror of the server on Guinevere.

3 Healers, a Shaman, a Skald , a Warrior as main assist and I believe two Zerkers (I think this was pre-SI, not sure).
They didn't care much for Keep defense , but their favourite past time was simply rushing into the AMF zergs (Alb vs Hib) and coming out almost unharmed.

Yes off course this can be countered and all, but it was beautiful.

I was an alb on Guinevere and this group was a serious pain in the rear end to kill. Essentially if you rolled out to kill them you could... but if you wanted to kill hibs you almost needed to bring a different setup. Screw 8 man minstrels give me a skald.
Bartish Hallikar
Faith and Flame

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
It's not so much about having a solid and consistent 8 (which would be awesome), but having a good core of players, and knowing solid pubbies to fill in slots. I pretty much agree with Tomed said about Boston. I've known the guy for awhile. And he's consistently a loving moron. Any time I RvR/Raid/Anything with him, I just make him follow me around. It's pretty loving horrible. He's also taking credit for the relic raid yesterday. That was led/organized/designed by another guild.

Just goddamn. I'm going to get so much drama from it. gently caress it.

Start throwing some names around for a guild. Preferably not Goon Squad. It just doesn't fit in daoc.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Good thing is we can always join an Alliance too. Maybe with some of the other guilds that run US primetime (Crashed Again, Meh, etc).

I always kind of liked stupid guild names. So I dunno. Dont Panic was always one of my favorites :P

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Kejek posted:

Good thing is we can always join an Alliance too. Maybe with some of the other guilds that run US primetime (Crashed Again, Meh, etc).

I always kind of liked stupid guild names. So I dunno. Dont Panic was always one of my favorites :P

I like Don't Panic....I would also settle for Realm Realm Panic (or some play on that what with RP being a thing)

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Dagda's Knights of Avalon.
Dagda's Einherjar of Avalon.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Well do we want to get a dig on Boston or just a normal name?

<God Complex>
<My Friend>
<Get The Candy> This was a guild on Uthgard made by Hubble, Squid, and myself.
<Faux Pas> This one has my vote so far.
<Four Twenty>
<Waaagh>
<Lead Farmer> Tropic Thunder reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaA-tkqw5E0

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2014

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I remember we had <Dauqs Noog> on Mid/Guin way back in the day which is just Goon Squad backwards.

I really don't care whatsoever what the guild name is.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Man the uptime on this server (yes, I know it's free) is less than a hooker on blowjob day.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SoggyGravy posted:

Man the uptime on this server (yes, I know it's free) is less than a hooker on blowjob day.

They're apparently fixing poo poo today so they've been down more or less all day. Last few days have been pretty good otherwise. Last weekend was horrible.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

<I Miss Artifacts>
<M'lady>
<Emain Golf and Country Club>
<Midgard Mathletes>
<Fat with a F>

-edit-

I like Dont Panic

TouchToneDialing fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 5, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I like Emain Golf and Country Club and Lead Farmer.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I do like Emain Golf and Country Club

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
<Emain Golf and Country Club>

I'm on the :bandwagon:

Edit: Will that fit? Don't guild names have a character limit.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 5, 2014

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

If we do need to shorten it we can just do Emain Country Club

Country club implies golf anyway, at least in this part of the country :v:

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I'm down for Emain Country Club, I think it sounds better than Emain Golf and Country Club. Lets start this thing up!

I have a 50 BD and 41 Skald that I'm working on getting to 50. Lets try to get a set time that 8 of us can meet up and kick some rear end. I've been leveling up my spellcrafting... I'm at 400 right now. Has anyone else been crafting at all?

edit: or what about Emain Macha Country Club? Lets have a vote!

I think my favorite is Emain Country Club.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 5, 2014

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

All of this is a moot point if they don't stop ping-ponging the server up and down :v:

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I'll be around all night as Polemarchx if you need someone to help form.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Finally hit 50 on my healer. Now what? Should I start my epic or just farm Malm or TG?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
You should get your epic done. It's not great but it's better than random crap. I think they nerfed the exp from the chest quest. I only got like 6 bubbles from it at 49.

Edit: Was still able to hit 50 by doing the Gem of the Dwarven King

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 6, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
So I'm approaching 40 on my BD.

Would you recommend I hit the BG and try to get some RR before open RVR?

In either case, anybody have an old template I could borrow or buy - though I don't have much money.

DrBombay
Jul 5, 2004

by Ralp
Just +1-ing emain gold and country club. Lemonade and sandwiches in the clubhouse after a long day of slaughtering hibs.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Tom Powers posted:

So I'm approaching 40 on my BD.

Would you recommend I hit the BG and try to get some RR before open RVR?

In either case, anybody have an old template I could borrow or buy - though I don't have much money.

No one is templated. LGM crafters are just now starting to pop up.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

PriNGLeS posted:

No one is templated. LGM crafters are just now starting to pop up.
I just meant gear in general, not a full capped template. I'm essentially naked and I don't have enough money to buy anything from a non-goon.

Edit: Also there is a guild with the name <No Panic> already but it's not very big. Don't know if that would influence anyone's choice.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 6, 2014

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Emain Golf and Country Club is now officially a guild. Message me on Kudoss to get an invite!

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I really dig the guildname a lot.
Depending on server accessibility (I've only been able to log in and play twice) I'll certainly join.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I really regret making a caster on Origins, since lag situations (which is all the time on the server) greatly favor melee. I started a Hero to try something different but it's getting steadily harder to find groups at any level.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

boho posted:

I really regret making a caster on Origins, since lag situations (which is all the time on the server) greatly favor melee. I started a Hero to try something different but it's getting steadily harder to find groups at any level.

Solution: Delete and reroll a Mid and play with the rest of us goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Kudosx posted:

Solution: Delete and reroll a Mid and play with the rest of us goons!

Can't, I already had them do a realm transfer to go from Mid to Hib, and the automatic one-time transfer function didn't work for me and resulted in a deleted character I had to request a restore for.

Hopefully they'll take their heads out of their asses about ~realm pride~ real soon. If someone is willing to nuke their account to change factions loving let them with a one month cooldown to prevent spying (ha).

Of course no actual rules seem to be enforced on this server so I could probably slip by with a multiple IP request and then an auto realm change (if they even make the check that both accounts are on the same realm at any point in the multi IP process).

• Locked thread