Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

dijon du jour posted:

Alas, not every Sherlock can have Cucumberbatch's beautiful, horse-like features.

Or Bendict Cumberbatch's Harry Potter levels of silly name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Oh for God's sake you nerds, he's CLEARLY the reanimated corpse of two Beefeaters perpetually apologizing to each other. You act like you've never seen the infernal byproduct of English science before.

PHIZ KALIFA has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Feb 6, 2014

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I think the idea's interesting, but.... the price tag. $200 for a set of four steel table legs attached to clamps? Or if you have a piece of furniture that defies the laws of physics you can get one for 50.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/957579505/the-floyd-leg?ref=card

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I think the idea's interesting, but.... the price tag. $200 for a set of four steel table legs attached to clamps? Or if you have a piece of furniture that defies the laws of physics you can get one for 50.

They're also horribly designed.

The clamp has way too small of an area. I see a lot of people just screwing INTO their totally hip, reclaimed outhouse door-turned-desk. I mean...it will keep it in place, I guess, but be harder to unscrew and it will make the surface wobble.

And then on top (well..on bottom) of that are the feet. They really should have adjustable feet on the bottom to deal with both uneven floors, and uneven table/desk surfaces. Which, if they're used as intended on old, reclaimed wood, will be most of them...especially with those small clamps screwing into the wood.

Fake edit: Oh, I see they actually do plant to increase the size of the clamp on the production model...still could use some adjustable feet, though. But then they wouldn't look as nice, and this is CLEARLY form over function at play, here.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Grrl Anachronism posted:

So they basically sell an inferior version of this:

Wich is based on this other classic:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Psh, can those be used to make a wobbly tripod in my UES Manhattan townhouse? I think not, those are far too practical.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Psh, can those be used to make a wobbly tripod in my UES Manhattan townhouse? I think not, those are far too practical.

Better still, go to Ashley furniture with a sawzall for that added "repurposed furniture" charm.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Grrl Anachronism posted:

This is the most hipster thing I have seen.

Covert trash using $200 metal legs to make a table.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Or Bendict Cumberbatch's Harry Potter levels of silly name

I say he's closer to Dick Van Dyke levels of unfortunate name.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I just can't believe that so many people funded this. Who would use this? Or, rather, who would spend this much money to do this?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Motley posted:

Who would use this? Or, rather, who would spend this much money to do this?

Hipsters.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I saw that exact thing in a (hipster design) shop in London years ago just done with adjustable friction clamps or whatever they safe called.

Also what the hell does "take ownership of your furniture" mean? Pretty sure I already own mine....

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I saw that exact thing in a (hipster design) shop in London years ago just done with adjustable friction clamps or whatever they safe called.

Also what the hell does "take ownership of your furniture" mean? Pretty sure I already own mine....

I thought you called them Dickheads over there

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

You can't, like, own furniture, man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you're not buying furniture you're buying FOUND ART

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Don't be subject to the furniture conglomerates, sheeple! Express your uniquitudiness and never be confused with someone who has something that someone else has (using these mass-produced legs) ever again!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If I don't get the Floyd Legs, how can I make a dirty-rear end old lumber into a table?! Yes, I want to put my computer on this door I found in the garbage.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Does this framework for owning my furniture come in pink, or will it ever, is my question.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Introducing: Songs in the Key of Minecraft.

It's been a while since I hated anything this much.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"Music is equal parts Jack Black and Flight of the Conchords."

Oh go gently caress yourself.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hahahahaha I have to admit I admire the balls on this guy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613730240/graphing-the-deliciousness-of-a-chicken-burrito?ref=discovery

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

That is clearly awesome, not awful, and as such does not belong in this thread :colbert:.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

I think this is the kind of person who is e-famous on reddit.

Just backed the chipotle burrito guy because that's pretty nice.

EDIT: I kind of hope he gets $150 so I can watch him each 18 chipotle burritos and want to kill himself.

SSJ_naruto_2003 has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Feb 7, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Well he got funded so good for him.

Thirty dollars over even, so he can buy like three more burritos.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well he got funded so good for him.

Thirty dollars over even, so he can buy like three more burritos.

If he reaches $150 he'll eat 18 burritos and graph them.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

JGBeagle posted:

If he reaches $150 he'll eat 18 burritos and graph them.

I hate to encourage project bloat, but he really needs to use the extra money to graph out all of Chipotle's offerings, not just the chicken burrito.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Young Freud posted:

I hate to encourage project bloat, but he really needs to use the extra money to graph out all of Chipotle's offerings, not just the chicken burrito.

He's eating 18 different types, isn't he?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Although the video claims that the project is not affiliated with Chipotle, I find it really hard to believe...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Although the video claims that the project is not affiliated with Chipotle, I find it really hard to believe...

It's being done by a visual communications student. He could be doing a viral media project for school or he could be an intern at an ad firm or the company itself and doing some sort of indirectly-sponsored social media campaign to prove himself. Or he could just be a starving student with an interesting hook.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

I think this is the kind of person who is e-famous on reddit.

Just backed the chipotle burrito guy because that's pretty nice.

EDIT: I kind of hope he gets $150 so I can watch him each 18 chipotle burritos and want to kill himself.

:stare: What...what have I done?

I can't have dooburittos on my head please delete all postings

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Alan Smithee posted:

:stare: What...what have I done?

I can't have dooburittos on my head please delete all postings

We've all been there before, in line at Chipotle's waiting to buy a chicken burrito

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

While I don't doubt Chipotles is an actual chain that exists and has vent hoods who is to say he will actually use the money to buy burritos

save your loving christmas money ffs

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

i read the name of this product as iCooch at first and was very disappointed when i read it again

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

TetsuoTW posted:

Is this the same dude who tried doing steampunk rap and got his rear end caved in by Professor Elemental? Or are there multiple hack-rear end gormless motherfuckers who call themselves Mr. Gee?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Is this the same dude who tried doing steampunk rap and got his rear end caved in by Professor Elemental? Or are there multiple hack-rear end gormless motherfuckers who call themselves Mr. Gee?

You might be confusing him with Mr.B the Gentleman Rhymer, but I'm pretty sure Mr.B is only into chap-hop, not steampunk. Also, he's cool.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Though he did have a Chap-off with the good Professor.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
You're both confused, actually, this is what a war crime sounds like when transcribed for ukelele in a Booklyn loft.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Paladinus posted:

You might be confusing him with Mr.B the Gentleman Rhymer, but I'm pretty sure Mr.B is only into chap-hop, not steampunk. Also, he's cool.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

You're both confused, actually, this is what a war crime sounds like when transcribed for ukelele in a Booklyn loft.

ahahahahaha

"cool"

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So they basically sell an inferior version of this:

~$2700

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Wich is based on this other classic:

~$1800

For $200 it's not a bad option really. No it's not perfect but at least here in Australia you pay that much for an Ikea table and these let you move houses easily and switch the top of your desk easily whenever you feel like it. I dunno, doesn't seem so dumb to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Oooooh, so that's what douche chills feel like!